Unofficial Metagames Baby Powder (A Nasty 19 Bday RMT [ZU])

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon

thx MamOwOswine for the banner and Kilima for the sprites

What up I'm BP, I'm 19 and I never fucking learned how to read
Some of you may know me already. I'm a ZU main and I wrote some analysis. I gave someone Discord Nitro so they could boost the Smogon server to 10 (ExtendedFreezer flex). I'm a Health and Fitness room Moderator and second-worst ZU voiceJmash. I'm by no means a spectacular battler like Premier League legend DurzaOffTopic but I'd like to think that I can try to hold a candle to most other decent competitive battlers. You'll probably most often see me in the ZU room talking about Machoke or in Health and Fitness arguing with SpaceBass about who's bigger. Most recently I've taken my attributes to The Studio to talk about music with lyd who recommends amazing music btw.

If you still don't know me or just never really met me well here's your chance. It's my 19th Birthday and I've decided to pump out yet another RMT to boost my self-esteem and possibly even my like ratio. The team is overall a lot of fun to use and I've enjoyed every game I've played with it. It is by no means however a serious team that performs well in the meta. It is pretty prediction based and requires the player to play both offensively and defensively most of the time.
Please Enjoy!

Pokémon Global Link Grafik von Shnebedeck
Pokémon Global Link Grafik von Hippopotas

Team Analysis
Hippopotas-Sprite (XY, Animation)
Icognito-Sprite (XY, Animation)

After smashing through the Exeggutor suspect with kay's Hippo stall I was left wanting more of the Pokemon. I threw a set in my builder and literally didn't touch it for a couple of weeks until I had a conversation on ZU's Discord with Diagnostic about how much more viable weather had become thanks to our cute new Pokemon, namely, Exeggutor and Poliwrath. From that point on I knew that I had the power of god and anime on my side.

Shnebedeck-Sprite (XY, Animation)

Since Abomasnow had just recently left ZU for the godforsaken lands of PU I felt lost and confused. I traveled out into the wilderness to find my inner self by drinking the blood of my spirit animal. Unfortunately, there are no silverback gorilla's in Wisconsin so I instead settled for a family of field mice. I entered a heightened state of consciousness and was visited by my guardian angel dibs. He bestowed upon me a godly Snover set from which no man has ever had the power of wielding.

Sandamer-Sprite (XY, Animation)

Every good weather setter needs an abuser so I knew that everyone's favorite hedgehog was clearly the play here. Also, ZU kinda doesn't have Sand Doggo Stoutland and Drilbur is actually awful. Sandslash was the obvious choice here. I could've gone for the Probpass Sandforce route but no weather team is complete without a speed abuser.

Picking the Hail abuser was really hard for me because I had to pick the lesser of 2 evils. Giving in to Ho3nConfirm3d's constant Beartic pressure or a lesser Ice-type that isn't Articuno because PU literally hogs all the cool Pokemon. I definitely chose to go with option two as Beartic is absolute dogshit without its savior Abomasnow. Glaceon is clearly the better option here as the team lacked a Special Attacking Pokemon as well as a wallbreaker. Plus Ice doge is cool and fits the A E S T H E T I C.

Quappo-Sprite (XY, Animation)

My team had a glaring weakness to Rain teams. This is ironic because the team has 2 auto setters. I just added on Poliwrath because its a new toy and it beats rain teams bar Swanna. Swanna was sooooo last meta anyways so like it doesn't even matter.

Quappo-Sprite (XY, Animation)

Hazard removal is the final nail in the coffin when making a stupendous team. T-spikes are what's known as the big gay so I chose Komala to help alleviate that pressure. Additionally, Komala rounds off the overall balanced team with Wish support. He also holds this cute little wood thing and is pretty cute. The best part though is that he soft checks Swanna with his Wish Tect Combo. Aww so cute.

Bag eviolite sprite
Bag eviolite sprite

Tinkles (Hippopotas) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Impish Nature
Rock
Stealth Rock
Rock

Normal
Slack Off
Normal

Poison
Toxic
Poison

Ground
Earthquake
Ground

The opponents Pokemon when they get toxic, take Sand Damage and get chipped by rocks
Hippopotas is the only auto sand setter that ZU has to offer. It's essentially required for this team to efficiently get the sand whipping. What our little buddy here has to offer is Stealth Rock support for his teammates. This is imperative as it applies added pressure to the opposing team which already has to deal with two forms of damaging weather. Toxic is great for spreading status and deterring potential switch-ins that may come in to try and Defog. It's also great for crippling Pokemon that may try and check Sandslash such as Gourgiest-XL, Shiinotic, and Poliwrath that lack Rest.
Bag eviolite sprite
Bag eviolite sprite

Douglas (Snover) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
Ice
Ice Shard
Ice

Grass
Leech Seed
Grass

Poison
Toxic
Poison

Normal
Protect
Normal

Isn't Crazy how my birthday fell on 4/20 this year?
Our friend Douglas is one fat fuck maxing out at 360 Special Defense while holding its Eviolite. I've legitimately seen this live an HP Fire from Specs Exeggutor. Douglas is the team's special wall. He's able to eat almost everything that's thrown at him. Ice Shard is great for picking up those KO's from Pokemon who are heavily chipped. I've run Blizzard over Ice Shard but I found that having the priority is extremely helpful when against faster, mixed, Grass-types such as Shiftry, Cacturne, and Simisage. Leech Seed grants our chilly friend some passive recovery while also contributing to the constant chip that Hail and possibly Toxic provides. Protect allows Douglas to really just leech off the opponents ever-dwindling health.

Rockium Z
Rockium Z

Gary (Sandslash) (M) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
Normal
Swords Dance
Normal

Rock
Stone Edge
Rock

Ground
Earthquake
Ground

Dark
Knock Off
Dark

HAHA ITS YO BOI UGH SKINNY PENIS!!!
For real though my guy Gary is a straight G. Swords Dance in conjunction with that juicy Adamant nature makes for some easy KO's when the sand is up. Z-Edge is nice for Flying-type Pokemon that try to finesse an EQ prediction. Knock Off is for that obvious Bronzor play that everyone seems to make. Overall, if played correctly, Gary makes for a great late-game sweeper thanks to the copious amount of chip damage the opposing team should have suffered.

Sbeve (Glaceon) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Ice Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Ice
Blizzard
Ice

Ice
Frost Breath
Ice

Ghost
Shadow Ball
Ghost

Electric
Hidden Power [Electric]
Electric

WOW
Sbeve is COLD with the KO's though. Choice Specs STAB Blizzard is absolutely devastating. Frost Breath tears through screens and Pokemon with boosts. Shadow Ball is for, guess who, Bronzor. HP Electric covers a majority of ZU's Water-types. Sbeve's main focus is a dedicated wallbreaker or a check remover for Gary.

OJ Simpson (Poliwrath) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
Water
Scald
Water

Fighting
Circle Throw
Fighting

Psychic
Rest
Psychic

Normal
Sleep Talk
Normal

I couldn't find any vines about killing your wife
What team is complete without a new toy. OJ Simpson boasts his beefy build and eats physical hits for the team. Scald burns are important on Pokemon that can threaten Douglas like Silvally-Fighting. Circle Throw allows for added chip damage when combined with Stealth Rocks. The rest talk combo provides OJ with a reliable form of longevity so he doesn't get too worn down from the weather.

Euca lic deez nutz (Komala) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Comatose
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
Normal
Rapid Spin
Normal

Dark
Knock Off
Dark

Normal
Wish
Normal

Normal
Protect
Normal

Komala when the opposing team has a Ghost-type
Deez Nutz is mostly on the team for hazard removal. Wish is just added support that can be used to heal any teammate, most often times Douglas or Sbeve. Knock Off is again for those nasty Bronzor, but it also allows deez nutz to chip Ghost-type switch-ins attempting to Spin block.

REPLAYS
186331 186333 186334

Tinkles (Hippopotas) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Douglas (Snover) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Ice Shard
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Protect

Gary (Sandslash) (M) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Sbeve (Glaceon) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Ice Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Frost Breath
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Electric]

OJ Simpson (Poliwrath) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Circle Throw
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Euca lick deez nuts (Komala) @ Leftovers
Ability: Comatose
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Wish
- Protect

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)