Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I read the entirety of the Sleep Clause and [other] Clauses threads in policy review... The way the discussion has been going is actually the reason I'm asking the question.
Unlike some of the other clauses, nobody who supports trying without sleep clause seems to speaking up to argue why it shouldn't. It looks like it will hit a vote without much discussion on it and that's a shame. I'm indifferent to it so I haven't participated in pushing either side.

By sprite do you mean the little icon you appear as in other people's Pal Pads? The option is on your trainer card itself;

Took this pic from the English patch so you could actually see which option is which. By tapping on it it will alternate between the sprites and such, if you want to know which is which in Japanese you'll probably have to check Jumpluff's Japanese to English dictionary or something along the lines. The nature is just flavour text to my knowledge.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Looking for 5th gen Rare Candies. Need them for research. Will pay with credits/mons/whatever. I'm at work now, but I'll be home around 5PM US Central time. If you can help shoot me a VM. Thanks. :)

If a Poliwag/Poliwhirl with their Dream World ability becomes a Politoed by evolution will this Politoed have Damp, Water Absorb, or Drizzle?

So are there any rules, bans, or guidelines with this new generation? I don't want to start playing until they come out with the english versions this spring

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Looking to compile a list of information pertanent to the RNGing of all the legendaries in the game. That would include:
1) Where they are at and any pre-requisites.
2) If there are any Wild Mons in the room with them, or in the room before that.
3) If there are any Randomly Moving NPCs in the room with them, or in the room before them.

VM me if you can help out. There are Credits involved. :P

BurningMan

fueled by beer
SYNERGY

Is it determined by typing, stats, or bits of both?

And what "kinds" of synegy are there (if more than one kind of synergy) ?
Synergy describes how two or more pokemon fare together in terms of resistances/weaknesses Celebi and Heatran got great defensive synergy as their typings cover each others weaknesses while Skarmory and Blissey got great synergy because their stats got great synergy allowing them to take hits from both sides of the spectrum. Another great example for defensive Synergy are nattorei and Burugeru who cover each others weaknesses and are able to take hits from both sides of the spectrum.

great examples for offensive synergy are Jolteon and Gyarados they attack from both sides of the spectum respectively and cover each others weaknesses and can counter some of the others counters.

for further information you could look here its for gen 4 but you should get what it means and how to make use out of Synergy:
http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue10/cores

Do Critical Hits affect the pre evolution stone or relic, or whatever its called? As in, do crits ignore the defense boost from the stone?

You wanted the Gen 4 thread.

But to answer your question, you can only have three Wonder Cards. Just pick up one of the event things you've got lined up and then delete the corresponding Wonder Card. Nothing bad will happen.
Thank you, good sir. Sorry about posting in the wrong thread. I had clicked the Uncharted Territories link on the homepage and saw this thread. My excitement overtook me and I forgot to search for a more relevant sub-forum in which to post my question.

I'm sorry. If you'll forgive me I'll make sure something like this will never occur again.

Still looking for an Exp.Share.

I tried to obtain another one with the Fan Club old man, but it seems he only gives you one (which I already got and lost..)

I'm calling for your generosity, please ! ^^

Does Hidden Power still operate under the same mechanics? I've heard from multiple sources that Hidden Power now only has base powers of 60 and 70. Is this true?

Is there any way i can transfer pokemon over from my english SS game to my B/W.
I am also curious how other people have done it too.

what is the very first question you are asked when starting a game in Black or White? before you are asked about your gender.

you have been very helpful, but one more question. for someone who knows zero japanese, does it matter which one i choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)