Other Anything but Average

Hello, this is an Averagemons RMT. Click the link if you don't know what it is. It is based off of Ubers, but it has one catch: all Pokemon have the same stat allotment as Mew!​

Anything But Average

[At A Glance]

This is a stall team that peaked 3rd on the OMOTM ladder multiple times, but never got higher (I don't have proof, but why would I lie?) It features a dual Unaware core in Clefable and Wooper, both superb Pokemon in this metagame. Also in this team is the surprisingly good stallmon, as well as one of my favorite Pokemon, Mega Absol.

[In Depth]

Ho-Oh @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Assault Vest Ho-Oh is a fairly good tank in Averagemons. It is capable of defeating major threats such as Nidoking/Nidoqueen (as long as they don't run a Rock Type move), Primal Groudon (as long as no Rock move), and Serperior. As for the moves, Sacred Fire is a great STAB move due to its power and high chance to burn, Brave Bird is a slightly more powerful STAB move, Earthquake is used to beat Pokemon such as Nidoking, and Iron Head is mostly as a filler move, but it can do quite a bit of damage against non-physically defensive Clefable. The EVs boost its walling capabilities on the Special side of the spectrum.

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Since this team has Ho-Oh, it needed a really good defogger. In addition to being a typical defogger, Arceus-Steel is a physical wall and status spreader with a great defensive typing. It, despite being physically invested, is quite capable of walling Pokemon such as Dragalge and the Staryu line. It also walls a plethora of physically offensive Pokemon, such as Sheer Force Totodile line, physical Mawile, Mega Gyarados (assuming it doesn't have multiple boosts up already), and Beedrill. Judgment allows it to damage some Fairy, Ice, and Rock types, as well as not forcing it to struggle while Taunted. Recover is the much-needed recovery move. Defog clears hazards, letting Ho-Oh switch in and keeping Spikes off the field. Will-O-Wisp is used to cripple any physical attackers or get some chip damage on special attackers.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Knock Off

Gliscor is my win condition, and is great against both stall and offense alike. Gliscor functions as this team's status sponge (and sometimes Scald sponge!) as well as it set up sweeper. Specially Defensive, oddly enough, has survived a lot of Ice Beams and Scalds in the past, surprising and killing Pokemon such as Staryu and Surskit. However, with this set, it is set up fodder for Flying Type or Levitate Megas unless it has multiple attack boosts. Regarding the moves, they're all fairly obvious. Swords Dance to boost, Earthquake as its primary attack, Roost to heal off any damage that Poison Heal can't, as well as to take Ice Beams even better, and Knock Off to disable Pokemon like the Nidos on switch in or to defeat annoying Psychics like Natu.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Protect

Clefable is definitely one of the best Pokemon in Averagemons, albeit probably the Pokemon that offense teams most prepare to break. This is my catch all for physical attackers and set up sweepers, as well as a cleric. It is capable of taking on extremely powerful Pokemon such as Band Talonflame, the Belly Drum Zigzagoon line, Crawdaunt, and Mega Salamence. However, many people have begun to run set up sweepers that beat Clefable, which brings us to my next Pokemon...

Wooper @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spe / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic
- Encore

Wooper is simply amazing. It serves as my catch all for special attackers. Wooper beats a variety of threats including Nidoking/Nidoqueen, Primal Groudon, and Gardevoir, as well as set up sweepers that beat Clefable, including Mawile and Scizor. Earthquake is used to hurt the Nidoking family and Primal Groudon, Recover is healing, Toxic is to spread status, and Encore is to do even better against dangerous setup sweepers, usually forcing a switch.

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp

Absol is yet another Special Wall on this team, and our second wishpasser. It is typically a lead, as people don't know what to expect from an Absol usually, as well as them typically not knowing whether this team is offensive or defensive. It simply burns physical attackers, walls special attackers, and heals other team members. It is also capable of beating some Pokemon that carry Taunt and status spreaders such as Foongus. Like Gliscor, it can also use Knock Off to make Pokemon such as Nidoking/Nidoqueen less effective against my team.
And yes I know I should probably replace this with Mega Sableye, if somebody suggests it, I'm willing to.​

[Threatlist]

gg

If it has Rest, gg

CM Clefable is very threatening to this team. Best chance is to encore it into CM with Wooper and get as much damage off as I can.

Its impossible to tell which set this thing is running, I'm fucked if I go into the wrong Pokemon and it has LO.

Band Talonflame is powerful af. Usually I can use protect to scout which move it uses, then go into Arceus, Wooper, or Clefable.

Anything with guts hits insanely hard, and Clefable can't even touch them, even though its usually my best wall for them.
mfw specs skrelp with hazard stacking and dragalge :[
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/averagemons-252469799

[Replays]
I had a lot more but its impossible to find them now .cri
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/averagemons-247740656
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/averagemons-244090162

Ho-Oh @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Ability: Multitype
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Knock Off

Wooper @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spe / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic
- Encore

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Protect

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp

Necessary tags: FishInABox Mamp Peef Rimgar Pagoose Kl4ng Kit Kasai gimme rates imo
Dr. Phd. BJ u wanted team

Last edited:
This is quite the interesting team!
I have never play Averagemons, but I will say one thing stuck out to me: Wooper. I would suggest Eviolite for some added bulk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)