Ampharos [qc 0/3]

questioning use of the heal bell set. i tested it and it can't effective check zard-y / rotom-w long enough without resttalk and doesn't provide much offensive prowess like agility. remove unless someone else says otherwise

and ya i've used agility ampharos on a rain team with kingdra to lure out ferrothorn fa few months ago and it's a solid set, include

^yeah, heal bell is pretty crap on Amph. That job is better left to Chansey (who Amph really should be partnered with anyway)

I agree, RestTalk should be the first set, and Agility Rain Sweeper should be the second set. Heal Bell can go to OO.

Besides Heal Bell, the rest of the moveset is pretty good. I'd replace Heal Bell with either T-Bolt or HP Ice/Fire. And put more EVs into SDef, his Special Attack is plenty high as is to not warrant max investment on a non-agility set.

No, I wouldn't include it, Dice summed it up pretty well, it doesn't excel at either of the two things it can do, it is sort of a middle ground between the two.

No, I wouldn't include it, Dice summed it up pretty well, it doesn't excel at either of the two things it can do, it is sort of a middle ground between the two.
Well when you have that EV spread yes. Calm nature, 252 HP / 80 SAtk / 176 SDef is the way to go. It's stupidly bulky and still hits hella hard, something you want from a Pivot Switch (which is really what should be the focus of that set, not Heal Bell)

Yeah the idea of the set was more "bulky attacker" with heal bell as an option, but I think rest talk and agility is the way to go. I will write this up and adjust it to the current meta after ap tests of next week

Reactions: trc
I really thing keeping the bulky attacker set with adjusted EVs would be a good idea. Make it too frail and it loses effectiveness in its niche in hard checking Mega Charizard Y.

Besides Heal Bell, the rest of the moveset is pretty good. I'd replace Heal Bell with either T-Bolt or HP Ice/Fire. And put more EVs into SDef, his Special Attack is plenty high as is to not warrant max investment on a non-agility set.
Ice? What would that hit? I mean, if it's for Dragons, it already learns Dragon Pulse for them.

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
Put the Tank set as the first set, as it is probably its best set due to its high bulk and even higher special attack. Also add an Agility set as well with Agility / Thunderbolt / Dragon Pulse / Focus Blast as it has a bit of niche, allowing it to counter Tyranitar after an agility boost and most notably outspeed Thundurus, which can't hurt much with HP Ice (252 SpA EVs have a 59 percent chance to OHKO)

Overview

Extremely slow* and mention how it becomes slower after Mega Evolving

"Obviously a mega in team overview" and "Takes up mega slot" should be gotten rid of and you should mention how it gains a mega evolution as one of the first things or else it won't make sense when you say "Dual STAB"

Mention how Mold Breaker isn't amazing but it allows Mega Ampharos to hit Thundurus-I, so mention that

Rest Talk

Whimsicott doesn't have an analysis as far as I know so be cautious about that, you may want to cut it out.

If you're giving Focus Blast a mention, consider slashing it on the set.

Talk about why a Modest nature is necessary.

You should rename this set to "Specially Defensive"

Tank
Put this in front of the Rest Talk set

Take about how Discharge is a usable move because of its high paralysis chance, because I don't see that anywhere.

Talk about why a Modest nature is necessary.

OO
Take agility out and make it a set, it can work really well imo outspeeding Tyranitar and Charizard X which would otherwise OHKO. Make this the last set as it is the one with the smallest niche out of the three.

Talk about Thunder Wave and Toxic and how a stall set can be effective (Cotton Guard, too)

I scanned through this and this is what I found. This is my UU Analysis which may not help too much, but you can use it for reference if you want :)

This was made on December 20 2013 and has 0 checks, I can take over if needed/wanted (I'm not sure if the OP is still looking at this) as I have no OU analyses going on.

Thanks TheManlyLadybug for tagging me, hoped I helped :)))

EDIT: Just realized it was agreed that rest talk was better before the tank set, sorry.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)