XY OU Afrojack(#6 1927 Points)

Introduction

Hello Smogon it's Shuckle here and since XY will end soon I want to present you a really cool team. I have laddered with this team in the official ladder and it got me into the playoffs tour and battled with it in some smogtours and it has prooven to be pritty successfull. First of all i want to apologize for all grammar and spelling falts through the rmt english isn't my mother language. Without further do let's get right in the team.

Team Preview

In-Depth

TurnUpTheSpeakers (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit/Knock Off
- Superpower
In a volt turn team you need obviously an U-Turner. I have choosen Scizor because it has some great bulk and a high attacking stat. Scizors job is revenge killing and wallbreaking for my Charizard. It can heavily damage some Zard checks (Terrakion, T-tar, Latios/as,.....) while giving nice momentum. I have choosen that much speed to outrun Azumaril and max hp max def Rotom-W before they can kill me mit Aqua Jet and buring me. You can eather choose pursuit to trap Latis (which i recomend) or knock off to get ride of Lando-Ts scarf. Overall Scizor is a pritty standart but very good Mon in a volt turn team.

Peanuts (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 72 SpA / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
Next we got Rotom-W. Rotom-W is and has been one of the best mons ever. With it's great typing it allows me to switch into Lando-Ts Garchomps and all other ground typs being threatning to my team. It can burn Physical setup sweepers like Scizor, Azumaril, Bisharps and Pinsir. His maine job is tanking hits from Talonflame and other physical threats and pivot switch on them. It also forces in some Zard checks like Latis, T-Tars, and let's me trap or gaine momentum on them.

No Beef (Tyranitar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
As dEnIsSsS requested we got Tyranitar over Terrakion because it has more bulk allowing it to set up rocks several times. It also checks the lati twins which are dangerouse for Zard. I choose t wave to paralyse incoming keldeos and bulky setup sweepers such as Zard X you can also use Earthquake because it hit's heatran better which is annying for the team.

Rock The House (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-
Solar Beam
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Roost
Charizard is the mon i build around my team. After it mega evolves it is unstopable and with momentum it's even more broken. It's job is to nuke the opponent. The moves are standart I guess. Ther is not much to say other than that this is a monster.

Ten Feet Tall (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 156 SpD / 100 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog
Zard and Volt Turn is pritty much useless with the opponent having rocks up so I needed something to handelsrocks. Zapdos has a great movepool and some great bulk allowing me to check some special attackers while also getting momentum with Volt Switch. I have choosen 100 Speed to outrun Dragonite because it can be pritty threatning to my team. You can eather run HP Ice to kill Dragonite, Garchomp, Gliscore and Landorus or Heat Wave to kill Ferrothorn. Since i allready have Zard to nuke Ferros Ithough HP Ice would be the best option.

Can't Stop Me (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
Even though Scarf Lando I was a nice bluff i figuerd that Lando-T would still be better as it gives me some bulk while hitting harder.

Replays

Here I got some replays off smog tour/ladder battles in which you can see how the team is suppost to work:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-175819379 Good Ladder Mach showing how broken Zard is
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-26403 Good Smogtour game against leftiz
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-26366 Smogtour battle showing the momentum play

One Last View

Last Words

Allright thank you for watching my team and feel free to use/ rate it. This was Shuckle and hopefully my language wasn't that bad :D. Alos check out the great songs of Afrojack. Have a nice day!

Importable
(I don't know how to hide it lol)

TurnUpTheSpeakers (Scizor) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Rock The House (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Peanuts (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

No Beef (Tyranitar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Crunch
- Ice Beam

Ten Feet Tall (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 156 SpD / 100 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Can't Stop Me (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)