Gen 7 Advice for Hoopa-U M-Gyarados team?

https://pokepast.es/75838732f19bfa8d

I know the sticky web Shuckle + Chansey + Zapdos is weird, but it kinda works out? They help para the faster threats and flying types, then Hoopa can murder. I'm not really trying to make hyper offense, so the sticky web might be a bad idea anyway.

People run away from Hoopa because he kills everything. So, they sack something, bring in a revenge killer, and I get to bring in Chansey or Zapdos to deal with it, threatening a para to help Hoopa hit more stuff next time. Once enough stuff has been crippled by Hoopa, Kartana and Gyarados can clean up. Webs definitely help a lot and things are rough when they get defogged early. Having to switch around something like Heatran is also rough- I might be doing it wrong, but Gyarados feels like my best switch-in, and he gets mauled by rocks, which is rough without removal.

Editing with descriptions since I realized I need those

Hoopa-Unbound: Pretty obvious. Hyperspace fury kills everything, gunk shot for fairies, fire punch for Ferro, yadda yadda. Team is focused around aiding him hit everything

Mega-Gyarados : Sweeper. Hoopa helps chip everything so he can sweep later on. Also kind of a heatran switch-in. Fairly straightforward.

Shuckle : Suicide lead. I'm unsure about this one. Webs are really nice for Hoopa, though. Toxic helps deal with magic bouncers and defoggers. Loses pretty hard to excadrill, but whatever. Keeping the webs up is hard. Encore helps counter people who setup.

Chansey : Wall, thunder waver. Paralyzing faster threats and flying mons helps Hoopa out, and I gave it flamethrower because someone murdered my kartana with it and I thought it was an interesting tech. Still not sure about it, but I figure it helps with Ferro. Otherwise standard wall

Zapdos : Static defensive pivot... Kinda? It helps with U-turn which is otherwise rough for Gya and Hoopa. Also helps paralyze more stuff. I just took the set from smogon dex, so I'm not completely sure if it fits on this team that well- volt switch/U-turn might be better to help it pivot? But hidden power is nice for Lando, discharge is nice for paras and damage, and heat wave helps with Kartana and Ferro.

Kartana : Scarf speed control, in case I need it. Helps check a lot of things. Switches in on a few things. Feel like it helps me round things out. Would take a while to list all the things it helps beat, but some that come to mind are Greninja, Gastrodon, Swampert... It's a pretty standard set.

Last edited:

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
If you're not trying to make Hyper Offense, don't use Sticky Web. I strongly reccomend replacing Shuckle with an electric immune like Landorus-Therian or Gliscor.

https://pokepast.es/75838732f19bfa8d

I know the sticky web Shuckle + Chansey + Zapdos is weird, but it kinda works out? They help para the faster threats and flying types, then Hoopa can murder. I'm not really trying to make hyper offense, so the sticky web might be a bad idea anyway.

People run away from Hoopa because he kills everything. So, they sack something, bring in a revenge killer, and I get to bring in Chansey or Zapdos to deal with it, threatening a para to help Hoopa hit more stuff next time. Once enough stuff has been crippled by Hoopa, Kartana and Gyarados can clean up. Webs definitely help a lot and things are rough when they get defogged early. Having to switch around something like Heatran is also rough- I might be doing it wrong, but Gyarados feels like my best switch-in, and he gets mauled by rocks, which is rough without removal.

Editing with descriptions since I realized I need those

Hoopa-Unbound: Pretty obvious. Hyperspace fury kills everything, gunk shot for fairies, fire punch for Ferro, yadda yadda. Team is focused around aiding him hit everything

Mega-Gyarados : Sweeper. Hoopa helps chip everything so he can sweep later on. Also kind of a heatran switch-in. Fairly straightforward.

Shuckle : Suicide lead. I'm unsure about this one. Webs are really nice for Hoopa, though. Toxic helps deal with magic bouncers and defoggers. Loses pretty hard to excadrill, but whatever. Keeping the webs up is hard. Encore helps counter people who setup.

Chansey : Wall, thunder waver. Paralyzing faster threats and flying mons helps Hoopa out, and I gave it flamethrower because someone murdered my kartana with it and I thought it was an interesting tech. Still not sure about it, but I figure it helps with Ferro. Otherwise standard wall

Zapdos : Static defensive pivot... Kinda? It helps with U-turn which is otherwise rough for Gya and Hoopa. Also helps paralyze more stuff. I just took the set from smogon dex, so I'm not completely sure if it fits on this team that well- volt switch/U-turn might be better to help it pivot? But hidden power is nice for Lando, discharge is nice for paras and damage, and heat wave helps with Kartana and Ferro.

Kartana : Scarf speed control, in case I need it. Helps check a lot of things. Switches in on a few things. Feel like it helps me round things out. Would take a while to list all the things it helps beat, but some that come to mind are Greninja, Gastrodon, Swampert... It's a pretty standard set.
Dont use sweb on non ho and add a real fairy resist

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)