Shiny: Yes
EVs: 136 Def / 252 SpA / 60 SpD / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Absol: I wanted to build a team that can take advantage of Absol's early breaking potential with Swords Dance, Knock Off and Sucker Punch priority. Absol has the team's Z move with Z-Sucker Punch to hit mons harder and potentially ko mons that Knock + Sucker would not normally. Play Rough was my choice coverage move to allow Absol to punish switches into Hitmonchan and Gurdurr as well as threaten opposing Dark types like Guzzlord and Silvally-Dark (potentially Skuntank at +2)

Qwilfish: Qwilfish is the spike setting on defensive pivot against physical threats. Taunt allows Qwilfish to stallbreak and deny hazards from slower setters. Scald + Intimidate allows it to pivot on physical attackers and threaten them with a potential burn. Black Sludge is to help give Qwilfish longevity while Destiny Bond to let Qwilfish remove a terrifying threat on the sack.

Mesprit: Decided to go with Defensive Mesprit to provide rocks and healing wish support. Colour berry is to help survive knock up coverage or a potential pursuit trap from Stuntank. Psychic is stab with U-turn giving the team a slow turn pivot (to get Absol or Primape safely.)

Primeape: The team's scarf user and defog threatener with Defiant. Close Combat for stab with Gunk + Edge for strong coverage options. U-turn adds a momentum core with Mesprit to keep threats on the field when they need to be.

Silvally-Fairy: Silvally gives the team defog and parting shot support. Silvally gives the team a Fighting and Dragon check as well as a well as a defensive check for dark types. Multi-Attack acts as stab with Flamethrower to hit the prominent steel and ice types in the tier.

Guzzlord: A slow, bulkier special wall breaker, Guzzlord uses choice specs to place dents alongside Absol with Draco Meteor and Dark Pulse stab. Fire Blast is great coverage and Sludge Bomb can be used to harm defensive pivots that Fire Blast would otherwise not kill.

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello ExoGrim,

I like your team idea quite a bit as I am a fan of Absol, because it is a super strong physical attacker that doesn't see much use. a big reason it doesn't see much use is that Absol is hard to support in our current metagame being in an awkward speed tier and just missing out on OHKOes leaves it being a hindrance in teambuilding. With a Swords Dance up Absol is incredibly Powerful so if you manage to get off a Swords Dance Absol will put in a ton of work, its just supporting Absol and fitting Absol on teams is incredibly difficult to do. I think you are getting better at team building as I can see focus on synergy and effort on using standard Pokemon sets. Defog paired with your own hazards is counterproductive on most teams but I see a few changes to make which would actually leave it as a good option to have.

You have a few weaknesses, but they are hard to deal with so I can understand them being here as I said above Absol is hard to build around. You are weak to Hail core and Normal-types as well as Flying-types so I feel you really needed a Rock-type and i have a way of fitting in a good one with out changing the whole team.

Pokemon Changes:

--->

--->

Regirock @ Chople Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch
- Stealth Rock

Regirock helps check a lot of the weaknesses to your team including Flying and Normal-types as well as both Aurorus and Alolan Sandslash. Offensive Chople helps keep up offensive pressure for your team as well while the Chople Berry helps against common Fighting-type coverage when checking Normal and Flying-types. Offensive Regirock also OHKO's Oriocorio-Pom-Pom with Stone Edge which is a big reason to use it here otherwise it can play mind games against Regirock and can have a chance to setup against it. Primeape was the most expendable member as you have other options for Choice Scarf users.

Jellicent @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Waterfall
- Hydro Pump
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

I tried really hard to come up with a way to keep Guzzlord, but I think it just compounds weaknesses too much to really work here. Jellicent is really the best last I could think of for your team as it role compresses the most resources. It acts as a wallbreaker with Choice Specs which can be good early game, but the way you play this should change based on your team matchups. This is you counter for most Alolan Sandslash in hail, the specially defensive variant isn't too much of a problem for your team. It also spinblocks for Qwilfish. Dazzling Gleam hits Guzzlord much harder then Ice Beam, but leaves it a bit harder to break past bulky Grass-types.

Set Changes:

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Just a small optional change. I like having Waterfall to help deal with Simisear a bit better.

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Healing Wish
- U-turn

Mesprit makes a fine replacement Choice Scarf user. Be aware your team is a bit weaker to Lycanroc but it has a hard time setting up against your team. Having Hidden Power Fighting helps against Alolan Sandslash more then other other coverage options and your team handles Guzzlord and Skuntank fine.

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Defog
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

This is a good offensive pivot set letting you check Fighting-types and Guzzlord as well. Defog is kept to help Jellicent in some matchups but you should focus on keeping your hazards up as much as possible. U-turn is used over Parting Shot to gain momentum on Regirock. Swords Dance helps in breaking for Absol and Keeps it to clean up.

Team Changes

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)