• A+

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • S

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

GW

I may be warrior
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey guys! This is TheGreninjaWarrior21 here, and you might know me as DankTesting or TheDankWarrior20/21. I have a mega diancie team that I made that i've won a lot of battles with. I even went 30-2 with it before i started to get unlucky. I hope that you guys enjoy this mega diancie rmt :]

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Diamond Storm

Mega diancie was the pokemon i wanted to build around. I gave it protect so that not only does it gain the speed boost, but it also can work if your opponent goes for rocks vs you predicting a switch. Moonblast is mega diancie's strongest stab move, being able to 2hko slowbro and potentially 2hko hippowdown. Diamond storm is my other stab move, hitting flying types and charizard hard. I have earth power because I decided that it was better over hp fire for my team, as you guys will see later. Earth power is nice, since it hits jirachi for massive damage, as well as heatran and it also ohkos mega manectric.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz

I needed something that could tank ground/steel type attacks, so talonflame seemed to be the best option as the next pokemon to choose. Talonflame also works extremely well with mega diancie offensively, making both of them good options on the team. Talonflame is a very good late game sweeper, and it can be a monster to teams that aren't prepared for it. I have swords dance so that talonflame can set up and sweep, I have roost so that i can roost vs thing that cant kill me and survive for a longer amount of time, and I have flare blitz and brave bird as my best stab moves, as they are very powerful fire and flying type attacks.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind

Raikou can be a monster, especially vs offense. At this point, I realized I was pretty weak to water types, and I wanted something that would work well with this team and beat them. I decided to use raikou, since it can threaten water types and gain initative with volt switch. Calm mind can be a pretty good sweeper, if u can set up at the right moment. I have hidden power ice to hit things such as gliscor, lando t, garchomp, etc. I have volt switch so that I can gain initative, calm mind later on once the biggest threats to raikou are dead/weakened, and potentially win the game. I also have thunderbolt as my strongest electric stab, which I use to hit my opponent as hard as possible.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump

Keldeo is one of the best mons in oras ou. It has a very spammable move with a 30% chance to burn called scald, and it can hit pokemon such as hoopa unbound and chansey on the physcial side, which makes this thing a monster. I also kind of needed an answer to bisharp, as well as a check to ground types. I also have icy wind, which hits ground/dragon or ground/flying types for massive dmage while also being a 2hko on latios after stealth rocks. I have hydro pump as my strongest water type attack, which is something I use when I want to kill/2hko something such as clefable, mega manectric, etc. It is A+ rank, which is very good, and it can cripple, destroy a lot of teams, which is nice.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Trick
- Iron Head
- Healing Wish

Jirachi is a pokemon that can be annoying to go up against, especially with serence grace making it so your entire time might even end up getting flinched to death by this thing. I have u turn, which can help with initative, as well as adding to my volt turn core with jirachi and raikou. I kind of wanted a healing wisher, and I dont have a good fairy/dragon resist at this point, which is why I chose jirachi. Trick is to helpe me cripple bulky mons/ setup mons so that they are easier to deal with. Iron head is my main stab steel type move with a 60% to flinch with the serene grace. Healing wish is so that I can potentially let my wincon take damage as long as I know I wont die. Then, I can heal it to full and sweep my opponent.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

At this point, I don't have a stealth rocker, and I also dont have much for excadrill at all. I also don' have an electric immunity, which would be nice for me at this point. I also wanted another talon answer, since diancie can be easily worn down. Because of these reasons, I chose landorus therian as my next pokemon on this team. I have stealth rocks, which is one of best entry hazard moves in the game. U turn also helps out my volt turn core, which is very nice. I have earthquake as my strongest stab move, which can destroy teams without an eq immunity. I have stone edge, which hits stuff such as thundurus and zard.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Diamond Storm

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Trick
- Iron Head
- Healing Wish

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

s/o to angelpichu for being a bottom 5 oras battler (jk jk lol)

Hi cool team,

I noticed that your team can be extremely annoyed by choice banded azumarill, as it gets free switch ins on half of your team. I also saw that keldeo could potentially be sort of annoying to your team even if it wasnt too troublesome to play around. All and all your team looks pretty solid and I will try not to change that much.

-->

Yes replacing raikou does get rid of one of your answers to bird spam, but diancie + landorus-t is more than enough to handle talonflame and mega pinsir. By adding celebi you will have a solid switch in to mons like azumarill, lopunny, keldeo, and rain teams while still being able to check thundurus and water types. I think swords dance baton pass seed bomb recover would be the most beneficial set to run. I chose this over calm mind as it helps more vs stall as +2 diamond storm is a tough thing to switch into lol. Also passing +2 atk to a scarf jirachi can really clean up most teams in the late game. Overall celebi was a cool replacement because it helped beat azumarill, keldeo, lopunny with ice punch, scarf drill, and helped your general match up vs stall.

Now that you have sd pass celebi to help your match up vs fatter teams I would suggest you run heart stamp > trick. Your team needs everything that it can get to hit mega manectric and iron head is simply resisted by the likes of mega manectric. Jirachi really loves the move heart stamp because of its 100% accuracy and its 60% flinch rate. Heart stamp doesnt miss out on any of the kills that you would be getting with zen headbutt and will avoid you worrying about missing. I suggest you run heart stamp because it is a nice option that can help jirachi hit mons like manaphy and fighting types harder and it is better to have heart stamp as an option if you are going to be passing +2 atk to it.

This is an optional change but you might want to consider yache berry. As your team is right now it can handle raikou and non knock off thundurus without too much bother however Mega manectric seems like it can be a huge threat as it can kill the majority of your team. Raikou wasnt that great of an answer to help with mega man to begin with but celebi doesnt really help all that much. With yache berry on landorus-t you at least have another mon on your team that can kill mega manectric and catch it by surprise. You kind of neeed to run this if you do not want to lose to mega manectric who is always a big pain for offensive teams.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Baton Pass
- Recover

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

gl with your team, I hope I was helpful :]

Last edited:
Reactions: GW
Hey TheGreninjaWarrior21, your team is pretty solid but your lack of a hazard removal with Talonflame is really detrimental to your team since it's your main win condition, and it also is your best Scizor answer. My rate will aim to provide you with hazard removal as well as make a few adjustments to try to improve your build.

As previously stated, you really need to run hazard removal with Talonflame. M-Diancie alone isn't good enough to try to prevent hazards from going up since Ferrothorn, Hippowdon, Chansey, Clefable, Landorus-T, and more can all OHKO or force out M-Diancie to get up hazards. So, you should run Latios > Raikou so you can have hazard removal, as well as support Talonflame by running Surf to hit Heatran, Tyranitar, and opposing M-Diancie switch-ins to weaken or kill them to give Talonflame more leeway in cleaning at +2, as well as hit bulky grounds like Hippowdon and SpDef Gliscor that can take a Draco Meteor and recover off the damage. Latios also provides you with a much needed Keldeo switch-in, and can still act as a check to electric types. You can alternatively run Earthquake instead of Surf since guarantees the kill on SpDef Heatran with Stealth Rock up, and does more to Tyranitar, but it does require you to run Hasty Nature which makes Secret Sword from Keldeo do more.

Next, you should run Naive > Hasty Nature on M-Diancie since it allows it to take Sucker Punch from Bisharp better, as well as helps it act as a better check to Talonflame and M-Pinsir. You should also run Hidden Power Electric > Icy Wind on Keldeo since this allows you to revenge kill Belly Drum Azumarill better, as well as hit Slowbro switch-ins to weaken them for Talonflame, as well as run Ice Punch > Trick on Jirachi to hit Choice Scarf and regular Landorus-T, as well as Garchomp switch-ins so Talonflame can have a much easier time breaking them late game.

Lastly, you should consider Toxic > U-Turn on Landorus-T since this allows you to status and weaken stuff like Garchomp, opposing Landorus-T, Hippowdon, Rotom-W, Slowbro, Quagsire, etc. on switch-in so Talonflame can fare better against them, and so that they get whittled consistently throughout a game. You should also consider Acrobatics > Brave Bird on Talonflame with no item since this allows it to take out stuff like Hippowdon, Rocky Helmet Garchomp, and Chansey without dying to recoil in turn.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak / (no item)
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird / Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish
- U-turn

EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn / Toxic
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak / (no item)
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird / Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Defog

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish
- U-turn

EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn / Toxic

Hope i was able to help!

GW

I may be warrior
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi cool team,

I noticed that your team can be extremely annoyed by choice banded azumarill, as it gets free switch ins on half of your team. I also saw that keldeo could potentially be sort of annoying to your team even if it wasnt too troublesome to play around. All and all your team looks pretty solid and I will try not to change that much.

-->

Yes replacing raikou does get rid of one of your answers to bird spam, but diancie + landorus-t is more than enough to handle talonflame and mega pinsir. By adding celebi you will have a solid switch in to mons like azumarill, lopunny, keldeo, and rain teams while still being able to check thundurus and water types. I think swords dance baton pass seed bomb recover would be the most beneficial set to run. I chose this over calm mind as it helps more vs stall as +2 diamond storm is a tough thing to switch into lol. Also passing +2 atk to a scarf jirachi can really clean up most teams in the late game. Overall celebi was a cool replacement because it helped beat azumarill, keldeo, lopunny with ice punch, scarf drill, and helped your general match up vs stall.

Now that you have sd pass celebi to help your match up vs fatter teams I would suggest you run heart stamp > trick. Your team needs everything that it can get to hit mega manectric and iron head is simply resisted by the likes of mega manectric. Jirachi really loves the move heart stamp because of its 100% accuracy and its 60% flinch rate. Heart stamp doesnt miss out on any of the kills that you would be getting with zen headbutt and will avoid you worrying about missing. I suggest you run heart stamp because it is a nice option that can help jirachi hit mons like manaphy and fighting types harder and it is better to have heart stamp as an option if you are going to be passing +2 atk to it.

This is an optional change but you might want to consider yache berry. As your team is right now it can handle raikou and non knock off thundurus without too much bother however Mega manectric seems like it can be a huge threat as it can kill the majority of your team. Raikou wasnt that great of an answer to help with mega man to begin with but celebi doesnt really help all that much. With yache berry on landorus-t you at least have another mon on your team that can kill mega manectric and catch it by surprise. You kind of neeed to run this if you do not want to lose to mega manectric who is always a big pain for offensive teams.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Baton Pass
- Recover

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

gl with your team, I hope I was helpful :]
Ty for the suggestions I will be sure to try them out :]

Hey buddy, great and solid team here, I like it.

Now, for the rate. I get that offensive team can't cover everything, but anyway I feel that your team cover the vast majority of offensive threats in ou.

I think Keldeo and MManectric could be kinda problematic for you, especially the former cause Raikou is not that a good switchin. The cool thing is that you apply pressure with 4 out of 6 mons on Keldeo, infact Mdiancie, Talon and Raikou are able to ko it and Keldeo can't afford of switchin into your own Keldeo. The lack of a psychic stab on Jirachi can be annoying in the Keldeo matchup. I can suggest you to put heart stamp / zen headbutt on Jirachi to have a better matchup against MManectric and Keldeo :]

Unfortunately I started rating without reading others rate, so sorry Mistaken and TheGreninjaWarrior21 if I'm a bit ripetitive xD. I just noticed Mistaken suggested heart stamp. Anyway, I don't know if Celebi is exactly the best mon you can choose over Raikou, but I truly think that raikou is replacable. You can change Diancie's nature to Naive to better matchup against birds and I'm 100% that Mdiancie + Lando are able to deal with birds. Birds + Mlopunny on the same team are ok, because you have Diancie for the former and Lando for the ladder and I think you can't get nothing worse than Talon + Bisharp + Mlopunny on the same team, but still, you matchup kinda well even without Raikou against such matchup.

Celebi is a nice choice, not gonna lie, but in order to not make the identical rate of Mistaken, I'ma suggesting you Amoonguss. Amoonguss and Celebi have different roles here. Amoonguss let you pivot around more easily than Celebi and let your breakers providing momentum with spore. You miss the SD pass, which could be nice, but it improve your matchup against team with both Mdiancie and a dragon for example, lessening the pressure on Jirachi that can be easily worn down.

Anyway, pay great attention in a matchup against Zard Y + Sand that can easily put a lot of pressure on your team. Zard Y is a massive threat and you don't have an hazard removal. You can think about the bulk up will o wisp set on talon to improve this kind of matchup, because it's really easy for the opposition to pressure Mdiancie and setup rock and goes from there with Fire Blast + Tyranitar/Amoonguss (or other grass types) who pivot in when you send Keldeo/Talon to revenge the zard.

Hope I helped you enough, reply or send me a PM if you need anything. I'm going to edit this with the set this evening, because now I have a bad connection and Showdown is making me mad lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)