A mature team: my first RMT.

A MATURE TEAM

Hey guys, welcome to my very first RMT. I ask you please take in consideration that I haven't ever made a RMT before, though I have read to learn how to do it. I hope you have fun reading, and, also, I hope I have done everything right. Also, I'm not a native speaker, so I may commit mistakes. Don't be so hard, please.

History and team building (first stage. This is not the actual team!)

Alright, this is a team I have been using for two months or so, consequently I have improved it. It has given me good results, and I have won a tournament with it.

It's not it all as I am going to say, because as I told you I made the team quite long ago, but I'm surely going to say most important things as they happened. Let's start:

I wanted to try out the new Landorus-T, atracted by its amazing attack, good typing and nice ability, which provides it good bulk; being also atracted by its feline beuty:

Weak to: water, ice.

Then, I added Rotom-W: it resist ice and water, making a good pair with Landorus.

Weak to: water ice.
Weak to: grass.

Scizor can resist grass and its weakness, fire, is covered by Rotom:

Weak to: fire.

Now I need another special attacker. Heatran is a good one, because with its substitute + 3 atacks set, can set up a sub in a switch and then proceed to attack:

Weak to: ground fighting water.

I've realised I haven't any attack boosting move, so I included Conkeldurr:

Weak to: ground fighting water.
Weak to: flying psychic.

Finally, there's a spot left. Celebi makes nice synergy with my team, as it eliminates Heatran's weaknesses and Scizor and Heatran cover its:

Weak to: ground fighting water
Weak to: flying psychic.
Weak to: flying ghost dark fire ice bug poison.

A closer look (this is not the actual team yet)

Shadowcat: Landorus-T (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
-Rock Polish
-U-Turn
-Earthquake
-Outrage

This guy can outspeed almost the whole tier after a single Rock Polish, and attack back with its blazing attack powered with Life Orb.
U-Turn can be used if predict a switch, then can bring on a counter. EQ is the stabed move, and Outrage is a powerful attack, generally for dragons.

FLUDD: Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 184 HP / 4 Def / 144 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split

It's good against rain teams, Hydro Pump hits incredibly hard, and it also can cripple physical attackers with WoW. Volt Switch for scouting, and Pain Split for life recovering.

Karate Bug: Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Pursuit
-Superpower

Pretty simple and classic set: powered with technician and choice band, it hits incredibly hard with priority Bullet Punch. U-Turn for scouting, Pursuit against ghost and psychic-types, and Superpower can be used a few times against another Scizor or Tyranitar.

So far, we've got a VoltTurn trio with perfect synergy, also with decent bulk.

Hefesto: Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
-Substitute
-Fire Blast
-HP Ice
-Earth Power

I'm actually using this set with my little change: HP Ice instead Toxic, and Modest instead Timid, because I rather the raw power of 394 SAtk, and so far, it has worked nice. Substitute is a great move for Heatran, because so many pokes get switched against it, so it can set a sub and recover with lefties.

Minos: Conkeldurr (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Stone Edge

I'm not gonna go for Brave nature, I don't need it because I haven't payback. For a dark move, I've got Scizor, and Stone Edge is for Volcarona and others such as Dragonite. Bulk Up raise both attack and defense, and I can get benefit of getting statused. Status on Conkeldurr is almost a win match. I love this poke, but people don't use it so much these days, though it was top tier a year ago.

Mandragore: Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 HP / 220 SpA / 68 Spe
Timid Nature (-Atk, +Spe)
-Nasty Plot
-Gigadrain
-HP Fire
-Earth Power

This set have my own changes, too. 68 Spe can outspeed Scizor except the rare choice scarf set. Scizor will almost never switch into Celebi, and it can outspeed and hit with HP Fire.
I rather leftovers here because I don't like the effect of heal and get damaged of life orb + gigadrain. HP Fire for Scizor, and Nasty Plot is a great move for Celebi, as it's bulky and can resist while getting boosted and attacking.

Changes

Shadowcat: Landorus-T @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Outrage
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

Tired of being hit as I went for Rock Polish and being unable to attack first without any boost, I decided to go for this similar Choice Scarf set. It works better and it's a nice revenge killer.

-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Ice Punch

I actually have another reliable rock-attacking user, so I can substitute Stone Edge by Ice Punch, which is more accurate and can cripple Dragonite better than Heatran does, as it carries EQ than can put Heatran in trouble if it's not behind a sub.

Mandragore: Celebi @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature (-Atk, +SAtk)
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power Fire
-Stealth Rock
-Recover

Guys, I don't have any entry hazards! Celebi can solve this, and with life orb can 100% kill Scizor with Life Orb, while the former set made about 95% ~ 110% damage. 200 EVs into speed also let outspeed Scizor if not scarfed, and Recover works good with Life Orb. Leaf Storm is a very powerful, stab move, and with the Life Orb support hits pretty hard.

Last stage: this is my team right now

SHADOWCAT, sacred feline beast: It'll eat your heart before you can blink

Shadowcat: Landorus-T @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Outrage
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

FLUDD, hydroelectric phantom: Let it wash your clothes... with you inside!

FLUDD: Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 184 HP / 4 Def / 144 SpA / 176 Spe
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split

KARATE BUG, steel-covered mantis: fast, powerful and bloody punches!

Karate Bug: Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Pursuit
-Superpower

HEFESTO, the heat of the forge: melting rock against your Pokémon

Hefesto: Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
-Substitute
-Fire Blast
-HP Ice
-Earth Power

MINOS, king with two pillars: can you stop this muscular nightmare?

-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Ice Punch

MANDRAGORE, the creature of the rainforest: sap instead blood through its veins

Mandragore: Celebi @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature (-Atk, +SAtk)
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power Fire
-Stealth Rock
-Recover

I order my team this way to becoming more unpredictable in the battle viewer:

I usually go for Landorus or Rotom-W as a lead, as they can use VoltTurn.

Cores

Landorus, Scizor and Rotom.

Heatran, Scizor.

Celebi, Heatran.

Conkeldurr, Scizor (attacking core).

Weaknesses

I lack of a rapid spin user or a spin blocker. Also, I don't have a status inducer other than WoW. Volcarona is a hige counter to my team, but I have rocks and I can take it if it has not a QV up. Rotom also helps.

Conclusion

I really like this team, and I've enjoyed making this RMT. I hope you guys have enjoyed reading it too, and thanks for reading. Please, leave a comment.

Oiawesome

Banned deucer.
NICE Team GK!The only thing I can poke at this moment is Outrage, Unstabbed Outrage simply sucks It traps you in and since any special water hit and almost all ice hits can KO Lando getting trapped sucks You should probaly replace it with something like Stealth Rock or Hidden Power Ice.

I already have SR on Celebi, plus, SR on a scarfed set sucks. I also have ice moves, so I don't know why should I have another on Landorus, but thanks anyway :p

Volcanora is a massive threat. It can Quiver Dance on Scizor and Celebi with ease and proceed to 6-0 if it has HP Ground. For that reason, I would recommend Choice Scarf Landorus-I instead of T, so that you can get the jump on +1 Volcanora.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey, nice team, I'll see what I can do to help you out.

Landorus-T and Volcarona weakness.

I have to agree that Landorus-I is a much better option. I still hate the fact that you rely on Stone Edge to OHKO Volc, as it 6-0s you if it misses. I'd suggest using this set:

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

I know you mentioned Hidden Power Ice is useless because you have it on Conk and Heatran, but it's still very useful on a fast pokemon such as Landorus (or Landorus-T, should you decide to keep that). Landorus doesn't have too many better options anyway. I honestly can't see a scenario where you would rather use Outrage (other than against YacheChomp, but even then that's pretty situational and a combination of Hidden Power Ice + Bullet Punch beats him). The ability to one shot Gliscor and other Dragons is too good to pass up.

Patching up the Volcarona problem.

It pains me to say this because I'm a huge fan of SubTran from DPP OU, but it hasn't done well for me in BW1 or 2. I would suggest using this set:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Rock] / Roar
- Dragon Pulse

The reason for this is with Hidden Power Ice, the only pokemon that you outspeed and actually would hit with it is Gliscor. Every Dragon type outspeeds Modest Heatran and OHKOs with either Earthquake or does massive damage with a Fighting attack. I replaced it with Dragon Pulse because that is a decent enough option to use against Dragon types, and with Landorus using Hidden Power Ice it is not needed. Fire Blast does a ton to Gliscor so I wouldn't worry about him. The third slot is almost exclusively to fix your massive Volcarona weakness, but can be used as a sure fire hit on stuff like Tornadus-T. Roar is there in case you don't want to risk Volc somehow beating you, but with Air Balloon, even Hidden Power Ground Volcarona would have trouble taking this Heatran down.

Also I just wanted to add that you might want to use a less offensive Rotom-W and use a spread that's more geared toward Special Defense. Rotom-W and Celebi are the glue of your team and if either of them go down early it could cost you the match. That's just something to think about.

Other than that, I really like your team. I think the core is great, that Celebi set is an absolute beast, I've seen it demolish teams that underestimate how strong a Life Orb Leaf Storm is. Good job on the team, and I hope I helped you out a bit. Best of luck!

Hey!

It looks like you have a decent weather-less offense team going here. I think you can make some small changes that will help you out a lot though.

First thing that jumps out of me, and I'm sure it's just a typo, but you list 252 SAtk for Landorus-t. That surely be Atk since all your moves are Physical. Just wanted to make sure in case you're wondering why Landorus-t is super weak. On the topic of Landorus-t, you might want to consider normal Landorus for a Scarf user. The main draw is that it's faster and can revenge something like Salamence or Volcarona. The latter isn't a huge threat since you have Heatran though. Essentially, Landorus is a better pure Scarf user, but there is something to be said for Lando-t's suprise value. Before I move on, use HP Ice instead of Outrage. HP Ice is so much better for Gliscor or Dragonite, and any way to avoid Stone Edge is always a great idea.

Moving on from that, I'd like to recommend Stealth Rock on Heatran instead of Celebi. I think SR on Celebi is really tying it up. Forget Substitute on Heatran as it's not too useful. I don't envision you getting the opportunity to have more than 2 Subs per match if at all (you fool them once, they won't let you Sub again). Stealth Rock only takes one turn to set up and it will last the entire match. For example, if you're playing a Rain team, Heatran isn't going to do much of anything even if it gets a Substitute. Stealth Rock will have a huge impact on the match.

Minor nitpick I neglected to mention is that you should run a little Speed on Scizor. Move at least the 8 Sp Def EVs to Speed in an effort to beat other Scizor and low speed Tyranitar. You could also bump it up to about 52 Speed EVs to beat Min Speed Politoed which could be valuable in certain situations.

Finally, since you opened up Celebi by moving Stealth Rock to Heatran, I'd recommend a 248 HP / 244 Sp Def / 16 Spe as your EV spread. Use Psychic / Thunder Wave / Recover / U-turn for your moves. Celebi will be a great pivot vs. high powered Rain teams. You can also catch Tornadus-t off guard with Thunder Wave. That alone could win you the match since Conkeldurr can sweep without fear of Hurricane. I'm actually not a huge fan of U-turn since I think it's too weak, but it does have some benefits. If you can predict some switches and use it to your advantage, I'd say go for U-turn. Otherwise, you can try Giga Drain. Psychic is my move of choice because it has good universal coverage.

Good luck!

Hey guys! Thank you all for commenting, you are so king providing me help, I'm really grateful and was very surprised when I read it.

@Wizarus: Though Landorus-I is faster, I think that it could be outspeeded by Volcarona after a QV anyways.

@ala: You, as Wizarus, are right: Volcarona is a huge threat for my team. The only thing I have right now against it is Stealth Rock, Heatran, and Landorus, but the last two are useless if Volcarona has a QV up. Rotom-W can help, as priority moves of Scizor and Conkeldurr, but I have to be careful against Volcarona anyway.

@undisputed: I have to say: I don't agree with you, Heatran's sub is really useful and has saved me in a few times. Anyway the changes you are giving are good anyway.

I'm glad to the sets you guys are giving me, and I'll take it in consideration, though by the moment I don't want to change anything becase I think I have some options against Volcarona, and I like my team, but I am not close-minded, and I may change my mind if Volcarona starts to be a pain for me.

You missed poison as a weakness for Celebi, but apart from the odd Nidoking this isn't an issue.

I'd lead with Celebi whenever you see a rain team. This will put immediate pressure on the foe (who just might lead with Politoed anyway to get their rain up) and you can SR on the first-turn switch because you can be sure they're going to go to a Grass resist and you want to prevent Hurricane spammers from coming in right away...Dragonite, Volcarona and Tornadus-T are the three usual suspects here.

Starmie looks to be a huge concern, as it spins, resists your priority, doesn't give a flying fuck about your one form of status affliction and even removes status when switching out thanks to Natural Cure. What's worse, if it comes in on anything other than Landorus-T, you have to make a tough choice between being outrun or ceding the initiative by switching, and either way you're probably going to lose a Pokemon with its excellent coverage. If Celebi's down, look for Starmie to come in and either spin away SR or start giving you some massive offensive pressure. This is mitigated by its weakness to the VoltTurn moves, but don't let your guard down; this thing can hit a lot of your team for a lot of damage.

Heatran is your primary check against most dragon-types, but check to see if it's physically oriented first. With the prominent exception of Dragonite, most dragon-type physical attackers (and even a few mixed ones) run Earthquake alongside their stab. Conkeldurr should be the one to see if this is the case, ideally by volt-turning to it. (Keep in mind that Garchomp is unbanned.) If it's specially based, like Latios or Hydreigon, you're going to have a hard time, as both of them run coverage moves that are super-effective against both of your steel-types. To make things worse, they can both run scarf sets.

I would try getting rid of Conkeldurr on this team and replacing it with a Donphan. It has a good balance of physical bulk and power like Conk, it has Sturdy to ensure it can do what it needs to do, and the Offensive Rapid Spin set in particular gives you two things you're lacking on the team in a spinner and a dragon-type revenge killer.

Starmie: killed by Celebi. Is not a threat, actually.

Whatever I do, there's no way to stop a Volcarona with a QV up. Any ideas?

EDIT: Guys good news! Actually, Landorus can outspeed Volcarona after a QV, and kill it after SR damage with EQ. Actually, can OHKO with Stone Edge. That means Volcarona is not a huge threat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)