SM OU A family can be 3 bunnies and 3 hippos

teachable

Banned deucer.

Introduction

Hiya y'all, after eht told me about how Fire-types are rising in popularity in UU e.g. Slack Off Infernape and Moltres I noticed a similar trend in OU with Moltres. Defog Landorus-T is really good, and I set out to build a Fire-type spam team using it. Fire-type offensively has always been amazing, GF's nerf to hazards has made them REALLY good and we should catch on because of how broken Heatran is. I suck at laddering, I can't focus well enough to not throw the game, so I'm hoping someone can really show the potential of my team by laddering; let me know if you do! Link Me Your Replays, Please. Enjoy :).

The Team

The Bunnies

fire bunny (Victini) @

Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
V-create

Bolt Strike

U-turn

Brick Break

The star of the show. Victini is an incredible cleaner if you can break past its most common check ran on teams atm, Landorus-T, and anyone in OU knows Lando is easy to pressure especially given the rest of our team. Victini adds a lot to this team, Brick Break makes sure our wincon isn't stolen by Tyranitar's Pursuit (although occasionally its worth just getting V-create chip on it. Scarf lets us more effectively act as a wallbreaker for Bulky offense, as we're able to effectively negate V-create's speed drop and get off a second one which.... what switches into this? Lol! Victini helps weaken teams for the other bunnies :).

dab (Diggersby) (F) @

Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature

Return

Earthquake

Fire Punch

Quick Attack

Our next bunny, Diggersby's goal is to break shit for Victini, like Toxapex (since we have Heal Bell + Wish Clefable), Steela, and Landorus-T. It does its job amazingly, Return + Eartquake is kinda disgusting coverage. Quick Attack gives us more lee-way with Revenging stuff faster than Victini and pressures our Opponent to use their priority moves. Use this Pokemon.

fairy bunny (Clefable) (F) @

Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Moonblast

Wish

Protect

Heal Bell

Our last bunny and this one is the start of our defensive core. Cleric Clefable + Defog Landorus + Spdef Heatran is great. Heal Bell support is great for Landorus-T, we beat Zygarde for Landorus/Heatran and have Heatran for Mega Mawile. Its a really heat core, try it out.

The Hippos

steel hippo (Heatran) (F) @

Ability: Flash Fire

EVs: 248 HP / 132 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
Lava Plume

Earth Power

Stone Edge

Stealth Rock

Heatran is (IMO) the best and most versatile Pokemon in OU and is what makes me certain Fire-type is the type of Gen 7. This Pokemon is nutty and covers our weaknesses to Mega Mawile, (some) Leles, Ferrothorn, etc. a lot. With Unaware Cleric Clef, Landorus-T, and Gastrodon we beat basically every common Heatran check like Scarf Landorus, Toxapex, Zygarde, Mega Latios/Zam, etc.. It's a really disgusting core that most teams in this meta just don't have the power to break through. We can offensively pressure the hard checks that we can't handle defensively like opposing Gastrodon because Cleric Clefable + Diggersby gives us a lot of leeway to do so.

yeet hippo (Landorus) Therian)
@

Ability: Intimidate

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Defog

Earthquake

Stone Edge

U-turn

I saw blunder use this once and I tried it out; Scarf Landoru-T being Landos current best set makes this crap AMAZING. We really struggle with Tangrowth, Tapu Bulu, and basically any Grass type that can punish Heatran and break through Clefable like Mega Venusaur. Landorus-T gives us a switch in to Tangrowth Knock Offs, and lets us punish any switchin to Scarf Landorus-T like Tapu Bulu. Stone Edge lets us chip Rotom-W and Tornadus-T who are way more troublesome to the team. Thank you GekkisaiDaiNi . Seriously this bait is lit, try it out. Landorus-T is solidly the second best Pokemon in OU, it really never fails to adapt to the metagame and fuck Z-Crystals. We really appreciate Grass-types removed, Landorus-T weakened by Z-Fly, etc. for Diggersby to make use of Earthquake and sweep etc. We punish a lot of really offensive plays like T-Pex/Heatran on Defog also because of the bluff. This + Unaware Clefable + Gastrodon also manages to make us have an incredible rain matchup which is essential for laddering RN. Seriously use this.

water hippo (Gastrodon) (F)
@

Ability: Storm Drain

EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 SpD
Sassy Nature
Scald

Recover

Toxic

Earthquake

The end of our defensive core and final addition to the team. We really struggle with Tapu Koko at the moment and as EviGaro always says: "I don't like our Koko check being 4x weak to HP Ice". Gastro does what it needs to do here in checking Rotom-W, Magearna, Heatran, and Tapu Koko without getting overwhelmed or chipped by them thanks to Heal Bell Clefable letting it come in for free on Heatran without fearing getting worn down by Toxic and Defog Landorus-T beating every current rocker to keep Spikes away has this thing very reliably checking everything; Victini and Unaware Clefable also happen to beat every Charizard which is the usual concern with Gastrodon as your Water over Pex without fearing a Pursuit from Tyranitar thanks to Wish from Clefable/Landorus-T :).

Conclusion

I have had The Most Fun ever with this team and I really hope y'all can try it out. S/O to eht and Slack Off Infernape for inspiring this. Enjoy :D. Thank you to other OU people who always give me shit like Jordy and mellowyellowhd <3.

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7ou-808606201 - Unaware Clefable + Gastrodon beats TR singlehandedly lol.

steel hippo (Heatran) (F) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 132 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

yeet hippo (Landorus-Therian) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Defog

fire bunny (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Brick Break

fairy bunny (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

water hippo (Gastrodon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

dab (Diggersby) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Quick Attack

Last edited:
This team looks really good so far. few tips to recommend tho:
- i would do smthn abt tho is mega-gyarados, as while it's not terribly common in ou, it's still pretty common has a fairly easy time pressuring your team, given that its ability in mold breaker allows it to set up and keep its boosts against unaware clef. it can easily come in after victini's burned a v-create, intimidate to force a switch, set up a dragon dance on that turn, and pretty much destroy everything thanks to its actually extremely solid bulk, typings, and attack stat. it can just stay in its base form vs lando if its burned flyinium z and to maintain neutrality to moonblast, and after it gets 2 boosts up, which it can do fairly easily it can pretty much sweep your entire team in its mega form. in most cases i'd say the best answer is prob scarftana, it can swap in on most variants and outspeed and ohko (unless you run fire blast on it like me :P). tho idt you'd want to replace anyone on your team i'd say if you did, replace victini cuz it's also a scarfer, has a higher attack stat, overall higher bulk, and a typing that works with your team (Heatran and gastrodon are safe fire swaps).

- might wanna do smthn abt most variants of Kyurem-B, as it can have a great time pressuring your team with its great coverage and power. Icium Z variants just be careful with your swaps, and life orb variants do the same, but it pressures a bit easier. scarftana also helps here.

just my two cents, feel free to add the change or keep it the same either way, good luck :))

teachable

Banned deucer.
This team looks really good so far. few tips to recommend tho:
- i would do smthn abt tho is mega-gyarados, as while it's not terribly common in ou, it's still pretty common has a fairly easy time pressuring your team, given that its ability in mold breaker allows it to set up and keep its boosts against unaware clef. it can easily come in after victini's burned a v-create, intimidate to force a switch, set up a dragon dance on that turn, and pretty much destroy everything thanks to its actually extremely solid bulk, typings, and attack stat. it can just stay in its base form vs lando if its burned flyinium z and to maintain neutrality to moonblast, and after it gets 2 boosts up, which it can do fairly easily it can pretty much sweep your entire team in its mega form. in most cases i'd say the best answer is prob scarftana, it can swap in on most variants and outspeed and ohko (unless you run fire blast on it like me :P). tho idt you'd want to replace anyone on your team i'd say if you did, replace victini cuz it's also a scarfer, has a higher attack stat, overall higher bulk, and a typing that works with your team (Heatran and gastrodon are safe fire swaps).

- might wanna do smthn abt most variants of Kyurem-B, as it can have a great time pressuring your team with its great coverage and power. Icium Z variants just be careful with your swaps, and life orb variants do the same, but it pressures a bit easier. scarftana also helps here.

just my two cents, feel free to add the change or keep it the same either way, good luck :))
From the advice of GekkisaiDaiNi, Lando is now Rockium and offensive. Feel like it helps a Wee-Bit against more offensive stuff (Kinda handles z-gyarados? super soft check? idk). As for Mega Gyara, idk an easy solution here. I usually get enough chip for quick attack to kill/revenge it but that'd probably let something else set up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)