5 second OU suspect req team (Peaked top 50)

Intro:

So basically I got tired of playing Balanced and Hail on the Suspect ladder, which was infested with Heavy Offense with Custap Skarm + Gengar, and Kyu-B, so I made a team that could deal well with such threats while still being Viable.

Team Building:

Already Decided I was going to use Lando-T/Rotom-W/Rachi core for the teams backbone. Special Rotom-W was the first pick since Starmie was trending hard.

Scizor was trending pretty hard as well, and defensive Lando-T has let me down in the past, so scarf set it was.

SpDef Jirachi has dissapointed me as of late, while Shuca has impressed me a lot, and this set could deal with the main threats on the ladder.

Starmie was a given, with its ridiculous power and speed, also allowed me to pick SR weak pokemon to add to the team.

Kyu-B was added since Custap Skarm is a lame strat, and this destroys lives.

Volcarona was added for late game Win condition, and forcing the opponent to do dumb shit to not give setup opportunities

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 28 SAtk / 232 SDef / 248 HP
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

My generic special wall for the team, mainly there to patch up rain weakness while making sure Mamoswine doesn't 6-0 the team. Has good synergy with Landorus-T and Jirachi. Considered T-wave over Will-O-Miss, but Gastrodon is already a massive dick to this team if it has toxic, also fuck people who switch gliscor into Rotom-W.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 224 Spd / 32 HP / 252 Atk
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Spd
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

My revenge killer and momentum grabber for the team. Mainly for cheeky outraging dragons. Also can be a good win condition once the opponents ground immunities are gone. Seems most people misread the analysis and use the 30 atk 30def IV HP ice for Lando-T, so this lets me usually be 1 below them to scout for their scarf while still outspeeding Neutral base 100s.

Jirachi @ Shuca Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Perhaps the MVP of the team, this Jirachi covers so many threats while being one of the best stealth rock users in the game. Shuca lets me bait and kill Garchomp/Lando-T with HP ice, with Tbolt for coverage. Flash cannon is for Kyurem/B and Mamoswine. I'm considering Iron head to let me fuck with Sash Breloom and custap Skarm, so if there is one thing I might change its that. Would probably just change to -Spdef nature since it wouldn't affect DM damage much.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Hydro Pump

Spinner and hole puncher. Really I consider Starmie to be more of an offensive sweeper for the team than a spinner, but it can help Volc with being the Win condition if I see a bajillion anti-starmie pokes. Tbolt sucks never use, Psyshock is so much better and can actually 2hko Rotom-W, and since people insist on letting Keldeo stay around, they use garbage Spdef Jellicent which Psyshock rapes.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earth Power

Fuck Custap Skarm, really that's the only reason I put this on my team. Oh and its pretty broken too. Seriously.

Standard Mixed Special Attacker set, often this is all I need to win a game.

If anything I mainly use this to lure out Heatran so volc can do its job, since Heatran is the only thing slower Balanced teams can really use to deal with Kyu-B as a whole package.

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 140 Spd / 252 SAtk / 112 HP / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance

I kinda built the team around this, but not really at the same time. Passho Volc can be put on any team as long as you have starmie with it. 99% of teams are weak to Volcarona, and if they don't have a scarfed Terrakion or Heatran will usually struggle with Volc once it gets in for free.

Passho berry lets Volcarona set up in front of most water types that feel like clicking scald instead of Toxic. EVs are for Max special attack, while outspeeding Scarf Starmie after +2 (Goddamnit Water Tribe). Rest is thrown into HP for some bulk.

Threats:

Volcarona - Obviously
Heatran - Gotta wear it down, only troubles volc mostly
Banded Terraion - Hnggg ban plz
Dragspam - Skilled strat.
Focus Sash Breloom - Legit fuck this thing.
Latios - Mainly just sac and revenge, or use as setup for Volc to get +2 with.

Rainstall - Mainly just gotta sac Volc or Starmie to open some holes then let Kyu-B go to town.

Importable:

Code:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 28 SAtk / 232 SDef / 248 HP
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 224 Spd / 32 HP / 252 Atk
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Spd
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jirachi @ Shuca Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Hydro Pump

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earth Power

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 140 Spd / 252 SAtk / 112 HP / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
Updating Threats.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)