Strategy & Metagame [38-M] Remembering Our Roots Redux: Where Are They Now (Part 3: DPP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This will be the last one in the series, as articles about the transition from BW to XY have been done to death lately. I will reference a few of them as further reading in my closing of this article.

Victims will be:
Garchomp (unless you really have an objection to this one, Garchomp was the DPP metagame up until its ban, and has remained a top-level threat through the next two generations, and even jump started a major shift in Smogon policy)
Heatran
Rotom-A
Tyranitar
Scizor
Azelf
Breloom
Gyarados
Lucario
Infernape

Last edited:

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I would save Dragonite for BW. It was a very good lead and mixed attacker in general in DPP, but it really struck its stride in BW. I would instead put something like Aerodactyl/Roserade/Azelf who defined the lead metagame, or possibly something like Shaymin or Kingdra, both of which would be extremely relevant in DPP but not in BW or XY.

I imagine BW looking something like Ferrothorn/Keldeo/Thundurus/Landorus/Tornadus-T/Kyurem-B/Dragonite/Latios/Politoed/Terrakion or ignoring banned mons then Ferrothorn/Keldeo/Kyurem-B/Dragonite/Latios/Politoed/Terrakion/Volcarona/Ninetales/Gliscor

Syberia

[custom user title]
Do you think I should still do BW with all the recent articles on the subject? If so, I will change Dragonite for Azelf, as I find it to be a better pokemon than Roserade and have already covered Aerodactyl in the last article.

Syberia

[custom user title]
Is this approved now that I've removed Dragonite for Azelf? The deadline is fast approaching and I'm afraid I may need to push it to next issue, been really busy with other stuff lately (raising ostriches isn't easy, just so you know!)

Syberia

[custom user title]
Obviously this will not be done for issue 36. Do I have approval to begin writing?

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
17:19<Bummer> well seeing as your article is part of a series that's been approved before
17:20<Bummer> and how only one objected towards a certain aspect of it (which now has been fixed)
17:20<Bummer> I suppose none of us felt it necessary to make a post to confirm the approval
17:20<Bummer> but it should have been done regardless
17:20<Bummer> it's approved, gonna paste this log as a reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)