CAP 2023 CAP Circuit Championship [Won by Spoo]

2023 CAP Circuit Championship

Welcome to the slightly delayed grand finale to the 2023 CAP Circuit! We've got 16 amazing competitors ready to compete for a title and I'm eager to see how it plays out. Big thanks again to anyone who's played, watched or hosted for CAP this year. Without further ado, the matchups:

(1) Joeshh vs Ikaishi (16)
(2) Lasen vs Scizivire (15)
(3) D2TheW vs Da Pizza Man (14)
(4) spoo vs snake (13)
(5) Brigtel vs metagross does architectu (12)
(6) pannu vs Darek (11)
(7) Liimpy vs Sificon (10)
(8) entrocefalo
vs Concept Everything (9)

Rules:
  • This is a standard [Gen 9] CAP tournament.
  • The format is best of three, single elimination.
  • Changing teams in between matches is allowed.
  • You are required to post your replays.
  • All Smogon tournament rules apply.
  • Any change in tiering will not take effect until the following round.
  • Matches must be played on Pokemon Showdown or Smogtours.
  • Please use this guide while scheduling with your opponent.
Deadline is Sunday, January 21st 11:59 PM GMT -5

Last edited:

Dj Breloominati♬

born to play, forced to john
is a Top Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Joeshh vs Ikaishi (80-20) : Will be surprised if joeshh drops this. His in-gameplay is super solid and hes able to build competent teams. Ikaishi's play is rough around the edges, but he might be able to sneak away with a dub if he steals good teams from his capcl team.
Lasen vs Scizivire (99-1) : Confident in lasen to simply play better and win even bad mus here. Dont think theres much else to say, sciz I dont think is good at all, so other than d2 levels of misfortune I dont see the greek freak dropping this one.
D2TheW vs Da Pizza Man (75-25) : Its gonna be an uphill battle for dpm if he wants to emerge victorious here as he faces the previous champ r1. d2 is a monster in individuals, especially since he'll start building again for capcl. dpm needs to win the battle in the builder if he wants to stand any chance.
spoo vs snake (65-35) : I rate spoo very highly, both in the builder and ingame. I think snake's gameplay is washed but he can still cook up some sense out of the nonsense that is SV CAP, which may simply win him the game on preview. This will be an entertaining series if snake decides to make some teams.
Brigtel vs metagross does architectu (60-40) : This is the mu im least informed about, but biased towards my former teammate whos currently doing well in cap tours. MDA (im going to use this abbreviation) has admittedly been making waves in the circuit this year, but yeah just going with the person im more familiar with (prove me wrong though !!)
pannu vs Darek (49-51) : Cannot fucking believe that the higlight mu of the round involves pannu, but here we are. Darek will load miasmaw or sun for the 150th time this year and win one of the games. Pannu's gameplay is slightly better and they are on the same capcl team so cant leech off teams from there, I think this is one of those evenly matched series that will be determined by a fp or a scald burn
Liimpy vs Sificon (30-70) : Unless piyush manages to cook up something smooth brained for limpy to use, its looking bleak for our boi. Sifi is better at both building and in-game, so unless he fumbles, he should take this comfortably.
Concept Everything vs entrocefalo (45-55) : There are other circumstances that make me feel that this series will be closer than it appears to the naked eye. Entro is definitely the better player by miles, but man is in 50 other tournaments right now, with one them being SPL (gl !!). CE is a creative builder, and if he manages to exploit that and work on his gameplay, I think he stands a fighting chance here.

SHSP dex @ others post predicts. Circuit champs is always a good time :pimp:

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Lasen vs Scizivire (99-1) : Confident in lasen to simply play better and win even bad mus here. Dont think theres much else to say, sciz I dont think is good at all, so other than d2 levels of misfortune I dont see the greek freak dropping this one.
thanks for bolding me friend but calling another friend of mine, Scizivire, "not good at all" after drafting Eg0r in ORASPL (actually unviable as a player and poster) disqualifies you from getting my like! Sorry!

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Joeshh vs Ikaishi – joeshh has undergone rigorous Minior training from myself and finally learned not to click status into shields down. he cannot lose.
Lasen vs Scizivire – scizivire has undergone rigorous Roboquest training from quziel and myself. he cannot lose.
D2TheW vs Da Pizza Man – d2 is fully capable of losing regardless of whether he should or not.
spoo vs snake – spoo's gonna get arrested in belfast and drop a game to shoddy prison wifi then get mu'd.
Brigtel vs metagross does architectu – idk
pannu vs Darek – pannu warns darek that winning jeopardizes his status on the PANNUCLeS OF SPOOCAP. who wouldn't try when presented an opportunity like this?
Liimpy vs Sificon – idk
Concept Everything vs entrocefalo – what the fuck who invited an spl player to cap

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Joeshh vs Ikaishi (70/30) - i think ikaishi is actually pretty good but i would still be surprised to see him come out on top here. he doesnt have a ton of sv experience and joeshh is probably the first or second favorite to win this whole circuit so yeah i feel like this one's fairly clear cut
Lasen vs Scizivire (60/40) - imo if sciz plays it safe and loads some stuff he knows he'll pilot well then theres a real possibility lasen just griefs himself and loses - i think lasen cooks too hard in the builder sometimes, and despite him being the better player here, i could def see him getting a little too ambitious and loading some structures/techs that may not land well
spoo vs snake (0/100) - im gonna have to play this shit on a train with rural eastern european wifi and will inevitably dc and lose
Brigtel vs metagross does architectu (60/40) - lowkey the #2 matchup im most excited for, both of these guys have had pretty solid breakout years (ik brigs been playing for a while but he wasnt rly on my radar until more recently) and tend to load less conventional builds so i think it'll make for an entertaining series. realistically brigtel is the favorite here, and imo is just underrated in general, but i am predicting an upset
pannu vs Darek (55/45) - teamkill but heat as fuck matchup, definitely the #1 series im looking forward to, iirc these guys are 1-1 in officials so im v interested to see who breaks the tie. i would say darek is a bit more exploitable/predictable in the builder and i reckon pannu is more motivated too so i'm leaning towards the cotta dub
Liimpy vs Sificon (30/70) - really cool to see sifi win a tour in playtest, hes a nice guy and imo pretty underrated, meanwhile i am not the highest on limpy as a pilot, so i expect this to be fairly one sided
Concept Everything vs entrocefalo (35/65) - entrosplefalo

also here is the full bracket for anyone interested about the future mus!
Screen_Shot_2024-01-15_at_8.26.30_PM.png

Last edited:
predicts but they're biased:
Joeshh vs Ikaishi- not doing percents cause im already gonna be wrong enough. I think joeshh is the goat and im excited for what he has to cook. ikai is also fire from what ive seen so i'm excited for this one
Lasen vs Scizivire- I actually have the opposite take from Spoo here, and I think this is really close to 50/50. These two know each other really well and I'm really often impressed with sciz in the builder. Really this should be a geoguessr bo3
spoo vs snake- 50/50 for me, both of these guys are my boys. I think Snake's really looking to make a run and he's gonna come up with some creative builds this week- Spoo also is now sorta European, so I gotta factor that in
Brigtel vs metagross does architectu- High on both players but MDA is now my teammate so autobold. Think he might do well with a closer eye on his building
pannu vs Darek- 51/49ish MU for me. Both v good players I think Pannu highrolls something in Mudae 10 min before and is so fired up by it he gets a buff
Liimpy vs Sificon- Sifi coming off the most recent tour with really good wins, also is still my goat. go venoms btw you two better use the avi
Concept Everything vs entrocefalo- entro is flames and I'm really excited to see what he cooks/gets cooked for him, but CE also is gonna be cooking a ton for CAPCL too. really fun one to watch I think

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Joeshh vs entrocefalo (60/40) - same w the mda/brig series last week, i believe joe is favored a little but gonna bet on an upset happening. joesh consistently brings solid+varied teams and is obv an incredible pilot but entros definitely a good enough of a player to win this set too, really looking forward to this series either way and hoping to catch it live
D2TheW vs Darek (55/45) - fucking close as hell here, two great builders and players, honestly think darek's been playing out of his mind in gen 9 but i expect d2 to tryhard prep and pull up with something v solid. would not be surprised at all to see darek take this though
Sificon vs Lasen (55/45) - another super close set but sifi's on a hot streak and lasen seems to be just loading cheese rn although i will say his teams last week were slightly more viable than i expected them to be, good job Lasen i hope to see even more improvement this week

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Joeshh vs entrocefalo (60/40) - same w the mda/brig series last week, i believe joe is favored a little but gonna bet on an upset happening. joesh consistently brings solid+varied teams and is obv an incredible pilot but entros definitely a good enough of a player to win this set too, really looking forward to this series either way and hoping to catch it live
D2TheW vs Darek (55/45) - fucking close as hell here, two great builders and players, honestly think darek's been playing out of his mind in gen 9 but i expect d2 to tryhard prep and pull up with something v solid. would not be surprised at all to see darek take this though
Sificon vs Lasen (55/45) - another super close set but sifi's on a hot streak and lasen seems to be just loading cheese rn although i will say his teams last week were slightly more viable than i expected them to be, good job Lasen i hope to see even more improvement this week
don't talk shit about my teams after what I saw in your series, son

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)