SM OU ¡Team Balanced! (Magnezone + Salamence)

Hey! Graecus here. This is my first RMT, with the team I was using in the Mega Metagross suspect. Now that Gross has been banned from OU, I would like to use it from now on. Of fifteen fights I did in the suspect with this team, I won 12. And of those 15 I kept the replay of 0, because I'm an idiot.

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Medicham is the Mega of the team. Its mission is of wallbreaker, attacking the common walls of the Tier, like Toxapex, Landorus-T, Ferrothorn, etc. Fake Out is he favorite attack for the first turns in the field, doing safe damage and allowing you to top up fast enemies or with priority attacks. Zen Headbutt is his attack by STAB, which stops Toxapex and does good neutral damage to several pokémon. With High Jump Kick looks for to do KO to pokemon type steel, like Heatran or Excadrill, that for obvious reasons Magnezone can not face on its own. Ice Punch, finally, makes OHKO to Landorus-T, Zygarde and Salamence, and does good damage to mon as Tangrowth.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Spa / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Canon
- Thunderbolt / Discharge

Magnezone covers the steel-type enemy team, trapping them with their Magnet Pull ability and weakening them with Hidden Power Fire, except for obvious exceptions (Heatran). He makes good synergy with Salamence, because he resists his weaknesses (and many other things) and catches those mons type steel that could enter the camo to resist its attacks, like Ferrothorn or Celesteela. Thunderbolt and Volt Switch by STAB, and Flash Canon by STAB and in response to fairy-type enemies like Tapu Lele.

Salamence @ Flynium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Salamence is the other part of the first core. By resisting the weaknesses of Magnezone (fire and fighting) and being immune to the most crucial (ground), Salamence is a good change to protect it. In addition, in case the enemy had a choice item (such as Excadrill or Tapu Lele) that directly has nothing against Salamence (as Volcarona) forces him to change, which gives him the perfect opportunity to run DD. Earthquake is the movement that faces those users of steel type against which Magnezone can not fight, as Heatran or Excadrill, besides being a good stroke of common damage when it comes to serve as final sweeper in late-game. Fly is its movement by STAB, which with Flynium Z becomes a SuperSonic SkyStrike (SSSS) of 175 power, making OHKO to threats like Mega Pinsir or Volcarona without the DD boost. Finally, Outrage is a strong movement that serves to make sweep in late game after getting rid of mons type fairy and steel.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 16 Spd / 52 Sp
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Nature's Madness

Tapu Fini is my special defensive player. It covers Ferrothorn's weaknesses very well, and with his Misty Surge ability he protects the stall team. Nature's Madness will halve the current PS of the enemy mon on the field regardless of its type or stats, which makes it a good attack against those very resistant pokemon who have no healing method, such as Heatran. In addition, with Taunt unusable the healing attacks of those pokemon that if they have it, like Chansey or Toxapex, allowing to wear them with the rest of the equipment almost without problems. Moonblast is your STAB attack, doing good damage to that which does not withstand it, and with Defog we will help the team by clearing the field of crap.

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spd
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn is my physical defense, and along with Tapu Fini forms my second core, defensive core. Ferro resists Fini's weaknesses, and with his Iron Barbs ability he deals residual damage to those who attack him with contact movements. Ferrothorn being a pokemon with so many resistances, has great opportunities to put the rocks in the enemy field after a change without putting itself in danger. With Leech Seed, Ferrothorn heals at the expense of the enemy and forces him to change to take off the seed. Gyro Ball and Power Whip are STAB attacks, the former does powerful damage to much faster enemies, and with the latter it attacks threats like Tapu Fini or Rotom-W. Shed Shell of item serves to deceive to Magnezone and to take Salamence without danger, forcing the enemy to change of pokemon and giving us a free turn in which we can use DD.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Spa
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-o-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rotom-Wash helps the rest of the team against some threats. It resists the attacks of Greninja and does him enough damage with his attacks of STAB. Landorus-T directly can not do anything to Rotom-W, and has to flee to the danger of being attacked by Hydro Pump. An enemy Salamence when facing Rotom-W is forced to use Outrage or leave the field, and Mega Pinsir does not do him much harm if he does not do SD previously, and Rotom-W with Will-o-Miss can reduce his attack and make him Much damage with Volt Switch.

Other Options

Magearna would be a very good addition to this team, replacing Magnezone. It has almost the same attacks despite not having the same types, and with Assault Vest it would be a much more bulky option, and a decent answer to Greninja. The problem is that not having the Magnet Pull skill would not count on that insurance to be able to give KO to the steel-type pokémon of the enemy.

Conclusion

Thank you for wanting to help improve this team! I would like to know that you may notice that I am missing or over what I have here. Or to be viable the change I leave in the options, like making the rest of the team fit the loss of the Magnet Pull and what that entails. See you!

Mega Pinsir is a big threat to the team. Salamence can stop it with SSSS, but only if it enters the field with all its PS, otherwise it dies of a Return, like Medicham. If it is boosted with SD only Ferrothorn Gyro Ball and Rotom-W W-o-W / Volt Switch could stop it, if they fall it is GG.

Zygarde Substitute + Coil is a threat to take into account, since there is no pokemon in the team whose type is ground resistant. That means that with enough boost in attack, Thousand Arrows can do a lot of damage.

Being Magearna a mon so bulky, it is very difficult to stop it if it is not with Salamence after a boost of DD + Earthquake or HP Fire Magnezone. And having Magearna access to Fleur Canon and Aura sphere, these two pokemon can not be considered Magearna's checks. In addition, with Volt Switch you can escape the Magnezone Magnet Pull quite easily.

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Spa / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Salamence @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 16 Spd / 52 Sp
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Nature's Madness

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spd
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Spa
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-o-Wisp
- Pain Split

EDIT:
-16-05: Replays added

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)