cannibal
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Can you help me out by Downloading a Gastrodon with Earth Power and then Tutoring it in game Pain Split? Then either trade it to me directly or Upload to Pokecheck and make it Public. And Make sure the Gastrodon is Flawless. Please and Thank You :)
    Cannibal, Do you happen to have a Gen 4 Game that you can use Pokecheck with?
    Yep, pretty much! And, yeah, it took me some tries when I first did it, but it's fairly simple. :)

It's not harder :D It can just be more frustrating and time consuming.

And yes, Synchros work!
    Continued from previous VM...

Find a TID you like, and copy the seed. Open a new Reporter and open seed to time, paste the seed, and pick a date to hit. Make sure your saved data is deleted and attempt to hit your seed! For your timer: At the end of the first timer you should have pressed A on the DS menu to start the game (That's what I did, Idk if that's how you're supposed to do it :P). At the end of the second timer, you need to press A on Oak's last sentence before you turn small. You'll probably be off by a few seconds on your first try; just adjust the timer.

To check the adjacent seed you hit, you need to use the column in PB that's called "Seed Finder". Just enter all the info it asks for and it'll tell you the delay, time, etc. you hit.

I hope that helps and it isn't confusing :s
    And there's no guarantee the pokemon will stay inside the Safari Ball >.<

Walking in the tall grass does advance the frame, just like usual. But since there are no NPCs, your frame won't advance randomly! Which is great :) And yes, you would use Elm calls.

Ok here's the basic process: Find a seed using PID RNG or RNG Reporter or whatever works. Then open RNG Reporter and Pandora's box (If you're using the newest Reporter, make sure you're on the G4 part of PB!). In the column that says "Shiny PID", copy your seed's PID into the correct spot. Then enter all the other stuff (You don't have to search for a specific TID, you might not even find the one you want). For min/max delay, 5000-7000 is a good range. Then click find compatible seeds and it will start searching. When it's done you have a bunch of TIDs to choose from! I'll continue in the next VM lol.
    Then it should be easy as long as you can hit a seed :D

Safari Zone abuse in HGSS is sooooo easy. You just have to save in front of the man who lets you into the SZ, and hit your seed. Once you've confirmed your seed (While confirming your seed, be sure to keep track of what frame you're on) talk to the man and get into the SZ. Use a repel, and go into the grass / water or whatever and check what frame you're on, do your advancements, and Sweet Scent! Then... you have to hope the pokemon you want shows up, since there are no encounter slots mapped out. So seeds where your target IVs / Nature / Ability etc. are repeated work great!

Oh lol. Well if you think you can be taught without actually starting over, let me know! And, if not, just tell me when you get the used HG and I'll help :)
    You may don't need extremely something, but you always find something you like, and if is good and fully redis is always useful :)
    Oh, just saw your post in the DMP!

I'd love to help you with G4 TID abuse! If you've ever done G4 abuse, it's not hard at all.

I can help you tomorrow, I have to go to bed soon.
    (continuing my previous message)

As I said a few times before, I don't want to stir up an anti-emulation revolution here on smog (even if I did, I probably wouldn't succeed anyway). I just wanted to know why is it so widely accepted, even when it involves altering the game code in some pretty nasty ways. Turns out that as long as the Pokemon passes official tournament hack-checks, anything goes. Not that it explains why hacking perfect parents is not allowed, but oh well.

On the other hand I'm happy to know that there are some people here that agree with me (you, Troggy and a few others) so it's not all that bad :)

Cheers.
    Well, I didn't really know where to ask it (since that discussion started with a fairly simple question) so I used SQSR. What I didn't except though is that people would get so aggressive about their little pieces of data. I thought smogoners are beyond the level of telling someone to get lost just because they don't agree with another person's opinion. As you had said, it's better to drop the discussion altogether since I won't change anyone's mind and it would likely lead to even more flaming.
    I know right? But it's too late I guess, the community is already accustomed to the fact that even something as drastic as altering the game code itself still yields you a legit Pokemon. I posted a new (and a bit late ^^) response in the SQSR thread which you may find interesting. I'm eager to know how the pro-emulation camp will respond, especially to the hacked parents part.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…