SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

The return of TM 06 Toxic but only giving it to Mew and Pokemon that could already learn Toxic is salt in the wound for its loss in SwSh. They should've replaced the TM with anything else. Anything. If they had to keep it, they could've at least given it to every Poison type and anyone that can learn Toxic Spikes.
Yeah, Toxic distribution is a mess at the moment. Such as Breloom currently being unable to learn it by TM, but is able to learn it with the move reminder.
From what I can tell, the only pokémon that can learn Toxic via TM, but don't already learn it through level-up, are the Venusaur line, the Gengar line, Mew, and Shuckle. I can understand not having Toxic be an universal TM anymore, but I think GF/ILCA have slimmed down its distribution too much.

Also, I am missing Toxic on Umbreon, which actually has some pokédex entries that can explain it using Toxic, unlike pokémon like Jigglypuff or Pidgey.

The return of TM 06 Toxic but only giving it to Mew and Pokemon that could already learn Toxic is salt in the wound for its loss in SwSh. They should've replaced the TM with anything else. Anything. If they had to keep it, they could've at least given it to every Poison type and anyone that can learn Toxic Spikes.
Would definitely like them to either bring back Return/Frustration, or at least add one physical-normal move with sufficiently high dmg so we can all stop pretending that Tackle is the pinnacle of normal type STAB. At least you can still get Toxic as a transfer-exclusive move, most normal-physical mons have been gimped to the point that they're unusable as anything other than plushies to admire on your shelf.

The usable physical-normal moves that remain (Headbutt, Body Slam, Strength) aren't even learned by most normal Pokemon, or all have recoil (Double-Edge, Facade to a lesser-extent). Not even sure what GF is thinking atm, unless they just don't care - which is probably what it is.
Well, you could use Foresight...
Didn't Foresight get removed in Gen 8, or is it back for BDSP? Would be nice - I was planning on building a Foresight Hitmontop in Gen 7, but just went with protect b/c the move got yeeted and I don't trust GF to bring it back.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
As others have said, odd how the two games that have the best-thought out boss fights are the two that Game Freak hardly touched, isn't it?
Actually, if you look back at the franchise's recent history it's readily apparent that what BDSP has done is not a luck of the draw induced by a particularly ambitious new contractor, but a logical extension of the Alola games! Those titles were already experimenting with more dynamic boss battles involving self-contained strategies and the usage of EVs. It was not yet at this level for sure, but they were already making systemic changes to accomodate this (In XY, you can't even toggle EVs to begin with!). Even Let's Go, ostensibly a game for absolute beginners had a surprising amount of experimentation and stuff like Koga using a Toxic stall team.

Let's also remember that Junichi Masuda is the co-director of these games, y'know, the guy everybody accuses of being an out-of-touch boomer who thinks kids can't handle any challenge lest they turn to smartphones? Even if he had no input in these boss fights at all, he still would've had to look through and sign off on them. Either he had a change of heart at some point or the fandom at large heavily misjudged his character from the get-go

Am I the only one here that was really annoyed to see they kept all the old DP teams at first, then saw the rematches and thought that this had the best designed teams ever? For me this isn't just because of the high quality, but also because I think the team at ILCA that made the boss fights have done this as their way of saying something like this:

"We hate giving you these ridiculously type-deviating teams from over ten years ago more than a certain group of you will hate facing them. But please don't blame us, blame Game Freak for giving you such a rubbish Pokedex way back in the originals. You see those rematches? If we were designing the Pokedex and allowed to do our own brand new boss fights for the main game we'd have given you teams like this."

"Now would you consider letting us do the boss battle teams in the next instalment please?"

If they really are thinking that then they are genius, and I hope that Game Freak does consider letting them do the fights for the next games. As others have said, odd how the two games that have the best-thought out boss fights are the two that Game Freak hardly touched, isn't it?
YOu seem to be focusing just as much on the team composition so I just want to point out that all the rematch teams are the Platinum teams but with an extra pokemon thrown (or swapped, in the case of the final version of Cynthia's team) in
The only Full ILCA Original (TM), and not just ILCA expanding on what aws there originally, are I believe the Lucas/Dawn fights and Morimoto (who....might've been designed by Morimoto lol)
And I guess the battle tower but battle tower's always a real "gloves off" for everyone

Would definitely like them to either bring back Return/Frustration, or at least add one physical-normal move with sufficiently high dmg so we can all stop pretending that Tackle is the pinnacle of normal type STAB. At least you can still get Toxic as a transfer-exclusive move, most normal-physical mons have been gimped to the point that they're unusable as anything other than plushies to admire on your shelf.
The Happiness changes might have to do with it.

It's just bad game design, straight up.

Actually, if you look back at the franchise's recent history it's readily apparent that what BDSP has done is not a luck of the draw induced by a particularly ambitious new contractor, but a logical extension of the Alola games! Those titles were already experimenting with more dynamic boss battles involving self-contained strategies and the usage of EVs. It was not yet at this level for sure, but they were already making systemic changes to accomodate this (In XY, you can't even toggle EVs to begin with!). Even Let's Go, ostensibly a game for absolute beginners had a surprising amount of experimentation and stuff like Koga using a Toxic stall team.

Let's also remember that Junichi Masuda is the co-director of these games, y'know, the guy everybody accuses of being an out-of-touch boomer who thinks kids can't handle any challenge lest they turn to smartphones? Even if he had no input in these boss fights at all, he still would've had to look through and sign off on them. Either he had a change of heart at some point or the fandom at large heavily misjudged his character from the get-go
Your theory would make sense if it weren't for SwSh.

Man, I can't get over these movepools. They brought back the classic evolution moves for the Sinnoh starters.

EQ for Torterra (:swole: ), CC for Infernape (And now it gets Flamethrower, Nasty Plot, and Flare Blitz on relearner!), and for Empoleon...

Aqua Jet. :psysad:

Surf ain't an HM anymore and mons are getting Waterfall via level-up now, that makes no sense. :psycry:

They could have just altered how the power of Return/Frustration are calculated (& put a cap on it) in that case, honestly. Like they've tweaked those formulas before.
Your theory would make sense if it weren't for SwSh.
SWSH also had all the boss trainers actually use their primary battle gimmick (except Piers, who used defensive EV spreads) which can theoretically cause problems.
They may not have been Built (TM) like Alola's were and yeah not every pokemon is made equal but I'm going to guess they didn't go "well that sucked let's never do it again *shoves ilca aside when they ask what to do for movesets*"
Dynamax Raids in general are also sort of a new way of looking into "boss fights", even if it has nothing to do with the main campaign...it realyl is something gamefreak's been kicking around for a while, I think.
e: I mean to be clear SWSH could have definitely been better, but I would not use that as a full excuse to throw away the idea that gamefreak themselves also were thinking about stuff like this even if ILCA are the ones to really take it to the goal line
Surf ain't an HM anymore and mons are getting Waterfall via level-up now, that makes no sense. :psycry:
ah yeah that's right, Surf isn't buyable until the battle tower right? So you only have the small amount you get when you find it/earn it to work with?
Well most teams probably only have like one user of Surf on their team most of the time so guess that's not too much of an issue long term

It's possible that was the cause, but increasing/decreasing how Return/Frustration scale wouldn't be too hard. It's more likely that it got axed beacuse it was a "unique mechanic move".

Excluding the signature moves of mons that got Dexited and Z-Moves, most of the moves that were removed in Gen 8 generally had some kinda of mechanic beyond dmg/stats/status. For example, Assist, Me First, and Mirror Move all require additional programing to search/get/store other moves. It's not difficult to do those kinds of operations, but it is still more than the bare min.

Again, it's possible that bad crunch made these moves get cut due to the time required program them. But, given that BDSP isn't bringing them back (and they aren't hard to write), it's more likely that they just can't be bothered. Which is a shame really, these unique moves are a lot more fun to play around with than slapping a base 90 on something and calling it a day. Still doesn't explain why they couldn't be bothered to just add a new normal move to cover the massive move gap.

I know that this is just a coincidence but I love the fact that the lvl 100 boss in this game (Shadow Giratina) is a Ghost-Type, therefore, immune to the age old FEAR sets. Just kinda funny to me that the strongest boss in the game actively counters that cheesy strat.
I like how this game both has the highest levelled trainer (second rematch Cynthia) and highest levelled Pokémon (Giratina) you ever face in a main series game. The entire motto of this game is basically "gloves off".

Am I the only one here that was really annoyed to see they kept all the old DP teams at first, then saw the rematches and thought that this had the best designed teams ever? For me this isn't just because of the high quality, but also because I think the team at ILCA that made the boss fights have done this as their way of saying something like this:

"We hate giving you these ridiculously type-deviating teams from over ten years ago more than a certain group of you will hate facing them. But please don't blame us, blame Game Freak for giving you such a rubbish Pokedex way back in the originals. You see those rematches? If we were designing the Pokedex and allowed to do our own brand new boss fights for the main game we'd have given you teams like this."

"Now would you consider letting us do the boss battle teams in the next instalment please?"

If they really are thinking that then they are genius, and I hope that Game Freak does consider letting them do the fights for the next games. As others have said, odd how the two games that have the best-thought out boss fights are the two that Game Freak hardly touched, isn't it?
I actually think this is exactly what happened. I think this was ILCA pushing the envelope about as far as they possibly could, while being given the directive from the higher up's to "remain faithful to DP". In that context, the way this game is turning out is absolutely fantastic and is turning out about as well as it possibly could have.

I like how this game both has the highest levelled trainer (second rematch Cynthia) and highest levelled Pokémon (Giratina) you ever face in a main series game. The entire motto of this game is basically "gloves off".
Platinum was actually the same way: Barry at full power was higher than GSC Red and there were level 100 Magikarp you could fish out
I remember a lot of jokes about it at the time, especially when HGSS followed up and red "OH NO YOU DONT"

SWSH after DLC actually got close to doing the same thing. After the Galarian Star Tournament Leon's levels rise to 80 (so still a ways off, sadly, but quite high regardless) and that pairs nicely with the Level 100 Regigigas you encounter in Tundra.

It's possible that was the cause, but increasing/decreasing how Return/Frustration scale wouldn't be too hard. It's more likely that it got axed beacuse it was a "unique mechanic move".

Excluding the signature moves of mons that got Dexited and Z-Moves, most of the moves that were removed in Gen 8 generally had some kinda of mechanic beyond dmg/stats/status. For example, Assist, Me First, and Mirror Move all require additional programing to search/get/store other moves. It's not difficult to do those kinds of operations, but it is still more than the bare min.

Again, it's possible that bad crunch made these moves get cut due to the time required program them. But, given that BDSP isn't bringing them back (and they aren't hard to write), it's more likely that they just can't be bothered. Which is a shame really, these unique moves are a lot more fun to play around with than slapping a base 90 on something and calling it a day. Still doesn't explain why they couldn't be bothered to just add a new normal move to cover the massive move gap.
Thing is, there actually are various options for Physical Normal, they just all suck. Mega Kick, Head Charge, Take Down, Double Edge, Rock Climb, Giga Impact, Skull Bash...They all either have shaky accuracy, recoil, a charge turn, or all of those. It's not as bad as Electric, where there's a half-dozen signature moves to fill the very obvious hole that GF is ignoring, and at least there's Body Slam, but it's pretty obvious that Return was filling a gap.

And honestly, special Normal isn't much better off. Hyper Voice, Boomburst, and Tri Attack are literally the only non-signature Special Normal moves that are usable, and most normal mons don't get any of those. Everything else is trash for one reason or another.

Thing is, there actually are various options for Physical Normal, they just all suck. Mega Kick, Head Charge, Take Down, Double Edge, Rock Climb, Giga Impact, Skull Bash...They all either have shaky accuracy, recoil, a charge turn, or all of those. It's not as bad as Electric, where there's a half-dozen signature moves to fill the very obvious hole that GF is ignoring, and at least there's Body Slam, but it's pretty obvious that Return was filling a gap.

And honestly, special Normal isn't much better off. Hyper Voice, Boomburst, and Tri Attack are literally the only non-signature Special Normal moves that are usable, and most normal mons don't get any of those. Everything else is trash for one reason or another.
Giga Impact/Hyper Beam should've filled that "100 BP, no drawbacks" void tbh.

At least Double-Edge is a thing, but like Flying with Brave Bird, this does limit a lot of mons. I don't think you can run non-Reckless Staraptor anymore. You could at least run some U-Turn/Intimidate-focused sets before because you could click Return and have a strong STAB that didn't have recoil.

Obviously, this also impacts in-game for similar reasons. Fly doesn't quite cut it anymore when things got dangerous movesets and can set up/switch out on that invul turn.

Honestly, they could buff so many older moves. Mega Punch could be 100 base power, 100% accuracy. Mega Kick, keep the power, up the accuracy to 85%. Razor Wind, buff the power to maybe 90, lose the charge turn. Some perfectly good options for Normal-type moves right there. But no, they'd rather keep Mega Punch and Mega Kick as-is and just axe Razor Wind altogether...

Is there any information or data were still waiting for or can't get yet? I'm just not completely sold on shelling out for this yet.

Giga Impact/Hyper Beam should've filled that "100 BP, no drawbacks" void tbh.

At least Double-Edge is a thing, but like Flying with Brave Bird, this does limit a lot of mons. I don't think you can run non-Reckless Staraptor anymore. You could at least run some U-Turn/Intimidate-focused sets before because you could click Return and have a strong STAB that didn't have recoil.

Obviously, this also impacts in-game for similar reasons. Fly doesn't quite cut it anymore when things got dangerous movesets and can set up/switch out on that invul turn.
Sometimes I forget that Monotype is weird and that defensive Staraptor isn't standard everywhere else.

(Fighting neutrality, Intimidate, and Roost make Staraptor one of Normal's better physically defensive mons, and sets with Roost and Defog are pretty common)

Sometimes I forget that Monotype is weird and that defensive Staraptor isn't standard everywhere else.

(Fighting neutrality, Intimidate, and Roost make Staraptor one of Normal's better physically defensive mons, and sets with Roost and Defog are pretty common)
I remember bulky Staraptor was really neat in 4th gen. It could switch in on Gyarados, Lucario, Flygon etc and hard wall them while dealing terminal damage back with Brave Bird. But it was SR weak and didn't do much that Gliscor or Skarmory couldn't, and once it got Reckless in BW it basically never went back to the bulky set.

Good to know bulky Staraptor has lived on post 4th gen.

Is there any information or data were still waiting for or can't get yet? I'm just not completely sold on shelling out for this yet.
The primary missing info is post-launch support - when will/if Home support be added, and what kind of relationship will it have with BDSP (will mons be able to be transferred in, will Gen 5+ mons be added, etc.), if Megas/Z-Moves/Dyn will be added. There's also the question of how it will interact with SwSh in terms of trading and battles. With such a disparity in content, it'd be really complex to try and merge their connectivity so it's unknown if they'd even try.

Other than those questions, I think with the entire game is so completely leaked there's not any other questions to be asked.

One question I still have, which I don't believe has been answered, is what triggers the rematches? For example, what milestone do you have to reach to trigger the second Elite Four rematch as opposed to the first? And what triggers the Gym Leader rematches at all?

Considering how big of a selling point that is for this game, at least to me, I feel like this is an important question that has yet to be answered.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
One question I still have, which I don't believe has been answered, is what triggers the rematches? For example, what milestone do you have to reach to trigger the second Elite Four rematch as opposed to the first? And what triggers the Gym Leader rematches at all?

Considering how big of a selling point that is for this game, at least to me, I feel like this is an important question that has yet to be answered.
I'm pretty sure the first E4 rematches and gym leader rematches are triggered either immediately after the first league runthrough or getting the National Dex. Not sure about the second E4 rematches or the Lucas/Dawn battle

Actually you know I'm bored & curious, here's every (set) of games' respective highest Trainer and highest Encounter
Red/Green/Blue/Yellow
Trainer: Champion Blue, Levels 59-65
Well no surprise here, he's the final boss and there are no end game trainers
Pokemon: Mewtwo, Level 70
Likewise, it's the Final Pokemon after all

Gold/Silver/Crystal
Trainer: Red, Levels 73-81
Again, kind of a no-duh
Pokemon: Ho-oh/Lugia, Level 70
This one's interesting because it depends on your version. You can get both in GS versions, but the "second" one will be at level 70 in the post game. This also means Crystal's highest leveled Pokemon is actually 60, not 70 but it wasn't worth giving it its own category.

Ruby/Sapphire
Trainer: Steven, levels 55-58
RS had more trainer rematches, but none of them reach the heights of Steven, even fully powered Wally.
Pokemon: Rayquaza, level 70
As expected, the "Mewtwo" of the game.

Fire Red/Leaf Green
Trainer: Rematch Champion Blue, levels 72-75
FRLG was the first to introduce the concept of E4 rematches, so he gets to rein supreme again.
Pokemon: Mewtwo, level 70. Ho-oh & Lugia, level 70
If we include events, the Ho-oh & Lugia you get at Naval Rock are also level 70. You know it's funny, this was apparently released at various festivals in America but I never remember hearing about it unlike the Aurora Ticket.

Emerald:
Trainer: Steven, levels 75-78
Yeah it's still Steven, his fight in the Post game.
Pokemon: Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, level 70. Ho-oh & Lugia, Level 70
Since the other 2 are now post-game, they also join the level 70 train. Rayquaza they didn't actually lower the level of so...
Emerald could also do the Naval Rock event, but I'm less sure if this was released or where....

Diamond/Pearl:
Trainer: 20 Hall of Fames Barry, levels 68-74
I wonder how many people ever did this? Incidentally, DP had no such level raises for the e4 so Cynthia's levels remained the same forever.
Pokemon: Giratina, Regigigas & Heatran, level 70.
Cresselia's the only post game legendary Pokemon not in the level 70 club. There is, of course, the Level 80 Arceus event, but this was never released ever, so I'm not including it here.

Platinum:
Trainer: 20 Hall of Fames Barry, levels 79-85
The e4 actually do get a level bump this time, for beating Stark Mountain, but full powered barry goes all the way
Pokemon: Magikarp, level 100
thanks resort area
Lowest Leveled Pokemon: Regigigas, Magikarp, level 1
by law we have to point this out

Heart Gold/Soul Silver:
Trainer: Red, levels 80-88
Red is extremely petty.
Pokemon: Lugia, Ho-oh, & Mewtwo level 70
Same as GS but also since they restored Kanto, Mewtwo returns.

Black/White:
Trainer: Alder, level 75-77
I actually had to check a couple trainers to make sure but yes the true champion fight is the strongest available.
Pokemon: Kyurem, level 75
Completely forgot that Kyurem was level 75. I thought it was level 70 again, just like all the other "Mewtwos" and just like Landorus.

Black 2/White 2:
Trainer: Challenge Mode Benga level 85 or Challenge Mode Iris, levels 81-83
I included Iris because of a specific quirk: Benga only has 3 Pokemon but Iris has a full 6. To this point that hasn't really mattered at all, everyone on this list has 6 Pokemon and happened to have the highest levels. But here it didn't seem right to fully write off Iris.
Pokemon: Reshiram/Zekrom & Kyurem, level 70
See now we're back to 70. Reshiram/Zekrom are VE, of course. Did you know the Heatran & Cresselia you get is level 68? That's so goofy.

XY
Trainer: Black Write of Challenge Battle Chataeu Diantha, level 80. Post Game Calem/Serena, level 66-70
Like with BW2 I felt the need to list both of these. The Chataeu teams are only a team of 4, where as Calem/Serena are a full team of 6. They just barely have higher levels than normal Diantha.
*sigh*....a Z version probably would have had "proper" rematches....
Pokemon: Zygarde, Mewtwo, Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres, level 70
I was a little taken aback when I saw the birds were also level 70. I figured Zygarde & Mewtwo would, but it's funny to see the other trio be level 70 as well.

Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
Trainer: Battle Maison Full Power Wally, levels 79-81
This is the final rematch of Wally you unlock at the Battle Maison, putting him 2 levels ahead of Rematch Steven. As a reminder he also has all his pokemon with full items and everything. Wally got swole.
Pokemon: Deoxys, level 80
I actually forgot that the Delta Episode Deoxys was so high a level! The highest seen to this point if we ignore Arceus.

Sun/Moon
Trainer: Red, levels 65-70
I had this whole long spiel about Kukui until I remebered Red and it's always red. Thoug hit is interesting he doesn't breach 70...the Alola games are pretty interesting in that while they fully experimented with proper EVs and so on on every boss trainer, plus the idea of totems and such, they played the level curve """lower""" than you might have thought. Maybe their way of balancing out the increased stats from EVs, eh?
Pokemon: Necrozma, level 75
I think they made it level 75 so Guzzlord could be level 70.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
Trainer: Red, levels 69-74
They literally made him higher because there were 3 other competitors that got to level 70. I had a whole OTHER spiel here and its ruined beacuse of Red.
Pokemon: Necrozma, level 65
Every other single legendary is level 60 at most, so Necrozma gets to be special.

Let's Go
ITS RED OKAY ITS RED AGAIN LEVEL 85
Straight 85s this time, no slight step ups in levels or anything. 6 members, all 85. By far & away the strongest trainer in the game, though a few master trainers with their single pokemon do get pretty high.
Pokemon: Mewtwo, level 70
duh
but hey did you know you can encounter the birds as low as level 3? Dragonite too. That's fun.

SWSH
Trainer: Final Battle Hop, 68-70
Post-game Tournament Leon actually ties with Post-game Tournament Hop, but Final Battle (the one at the end of the post game) Hop has a full-team battle so i gave the edge to him. SWSH is so bizarre when it comes to its rematches, for some reason every single trainer only has 5 pokemon, even the two that we KNOW have full teams!
Pokemon: Zamazenta/Zacian, level 70
As per usual.

SWSH, but with DLC!
Trainer: Post-Galarian Stars Tournament Mustard, levels 78-80
After completing the GST, both Mustard & Leon gets a permanent level boost to level 78-80. However, Leon's rematch team is still only 5 pokemon but the Mustard you can freely fight at the Dojo has 6 Pokemon. Therefore, I gave the edge to him.
Pokemon: Raid Regigigas, level 100
Not going to include any of the actual "event" raids, because I don't care to look them up but I imagine a couple of them were level 100.

The primary missing info is post-launch support - when will/if Home support be added, and what kind of relationship will it have with BDSP (will mons be able to be transferred in, will Gen 5+ mons be added, etc.), if Megas/Z-Moves/Dyn will be added. There's also the question of how it will interact with SwSh in terms of trading and battles. With such a disparity in content, it'd be really complex to try and merge their connectivity so it's unknown if they'd even try.

Other than those questions, I think with the entire game is so completely leaked there's not any other questions to be asked.
We know for a fact that Home compatability is coming in 2022.

I see 0 reason to ever think they'd add Megas or Z Moves to the game, or that they'd add all the rest of the Pokemon, honestly. I would not hold my breath.

I also do not believe this can connect with SWSH at all for direct trades or battles, and do not expect a patch to alleviate that.

I believe getting the National Dex triggers the leader rematches

For the E4, I bet the first set of rematches is National Dex and the second set of rematches is Stark Mountain (this was the trigger for the updated battles in Platinum, for example)

I don't think they're mutually-exclusive. Sticking to the DP teams for the campaign is still a terrible choice (there's also a tendency to assign blame for this to GF, and while I obviously can't confirm one way or the other, our last remake was Let's Go which made a number of team changes, so I don't think it's that cut and dry). While I appreciate the effort to buff the teams even with that limitation (items, EVs), you're just not going to do anything good with the 7th gym leader having a Snover and a Sneasel. The type deviations are the most memorably silly thing about the DP teams, but a lot of them are just kind of shitty regardless.

I'm as ecstatic to dive in the postgame as anyone else here, but nothing about it really makes prior complaints invalid.

We know for a fact that Home compatability is coming in 2022.

I see 0 reason to ever think they'd add Megas or Z Moves to the game, or that they'd add all the rest of the Pokemon, honestly. I would not hold my breath.

I also do not believe this can connect with SWSH at all for direct trades or battles, and do not expect a patch to alleviate that.
We know that Home is getting patched - probably sometime after Legends gets released. However, we don't know when/how it'll work - which is still a pretty serious question that can definitely impact someone's decision.

While gimmicks are unlikely, I'd say it's more up in the air for Gen 5+ Pokemon. Unlike SwSh which buckshot the entire national dex with Dexit (so that no one probably knows everyone who got Dexited off the top of their head), which mons are missing in BDSP is very straightforward. That suggests they were a lot more methodical about it adding them - since no "extraneous" Pokemon were cut. We also know that there's region tags for Legends pokemon, so the devs were/are at least thinking about patching in some new mons post-launch - though of course that alone says relatively little.

As for Wi-Fi connectivity, I haven't see anyone talk about it. Obviously, it's hard to check in-game atm (unless you want your device shadowbanned lol). Dexit makes things a lot hard and a lot less likely to happen, but it'd still be a first though, since inter-generational games have always been able to connect.

Dragon dance Garchomp is the big one. It's not even funny at this point
It's funny that people still have hope for it.

Honestly, they could buff so many older moves. Mega Punch could be 100 base power, 100% accuracy. Mega Kick, keep the power, up the accuracy to 85%. Razor Wind, buff the power to maybe 90, lose the charge turn. Some perfectly good options for Normal-type moves right there. But no, they'd rather keep Mega Punch and Mega Kick as-is and just axe Razor Wind altogether...
Mega Kick's biggest problem is PP. It'd be a lot more usable if if the player could expect to hit with it more than three or four times between rests.

• Coarse Fangs (Psychic Fangs copy. Biting move)
  • Stone Horn (Darkest Lariat copy)
  • Salt Stab (Physical. Brine copy)
  • Heavy Crush (Heavy Slam copy)
  • Crystal Crash (Icicle Crash copy)
  • Rough Strike (Metal Claw copy)
  • Bone Break (Throat Chop expy. Prevents Punching, Kicking, & Bone moves)
  • Glass Shrapnel (Storm Throw copy. Doesn't make contact)
  • Sand Wave (Physical. Power 120. Accuracy 70%. Targets everyone but the user. Doesn't make contact; Cannot miss in Sandstorm)
  • Grind Chisel (Physical. Power 80. Target adjacent. If this move doesn't do a Critical Hit, its Power goes down by 10 (doesn't go below 50) and Critical Hit Ratio for this move increases by +1 stage. Once this move does a Critical Hit the Power and Critical Hit Ratio resets)(NOTE: If this moves sounds a bit odd, it's because its a move concept I thought up and a few Types have a copy of it)
  • Boulder Fall (Physical. Target adjacent. OHKO Move; Accuracy goes off weight: ((User's kg Weight - Target's kg Weight) / 10) + 30 = Accuracy)
Of of course the obligatory Special Rock-type moves:
  • Tectonic Pulse (Water Pulse copy. 20% Flinch. Pulse move)
  • Litho Sphere (Shadow Ball copy. Bulletproof immune)
Late because I forgot about this reply. I like what you've got, but there's a whole wide world of Rock-type jaw wordplay to select from.
  • Cavernous Maw
  • Tooth Pick
  • Stalag-bite

We know that Home is getting patched - probably sometime after Legends gets released. However, we don't know when/how it'll work - which is still a pretty serious question that can definitely impact someone's decision.
I agree but it sounded like yo uweren't sure if there would be Home support at all, so that' smy bad.
While gimmicks are unlikely, I'd say it's more up in the air for Gen 5+ Pokemon. Unlike SwSh which buckshot the entire national dex with Dexit (so that no one probably knows everyone who got Dexited off the top of their head), which mons are missing in BDSP is very straightforward. That suggests they were a lot more methodical about it adding them - since no "extraneous" Pokemon were cut. We also know that there's region tags for Legends pokemon, so the devs were/are at least thinking about patching in some new mons post-launch - though of course that alone says relatively little.
It just seems to me that if there were actual plans to support these, they would have at least added the regional forms (maybe their corresponding evos), Sylveon and, well, I mean, probably just have everyone who was in SWSH to begin with? And also, all the SWSH moves, for that matter.

At the end of the day, SWSH is the one that's going to continue being pushed as the main game. I just cannot see a huge, substantial update that includes all the pokemon & moves in swsh, to bdsp the game that's basically doing its own thing (that being, a throw back) and that they likely have no plans to ever support fully.

There are region tags for Legends, and every where else, but that could honestly have jsut been put in by game freak who gave them the file. There's a lot of stuff like that in the series (Let's Go also has region tags, for example).

I think the best case scenario would be if you're in the 493 you could possibly be swapped in & out, but maybe have to delete various moves but even then i dunno.
As for Wi-Fi connectivity, I haven't see anyone talk about it. Obviously, it's hard to check in-game atm (unless you want your device shadowbanned lol). Dexit makes things a lot hard and a lot less likely to happen, but it'd still be a first though, since inter-generational games have always been able to connect.
The games have local stuff too, and I think someone probably would've tried it or there'd be any dialog about being able to connect to SWSH at all.
I really think it's just going to be its own ecosystem, and that there won't be an update to change that.

Trainer: Black Write of Challenge Battle Chataeu Diantha, level 80. Post Game Calem/Serena, level 66-70
Like with BW2 I felt the need to list both of these. The Chataeu teams are only a team of 4, where as Calem/Serena are a full team of 6. They just barely have higher levels than normal Diantha.
*sigh*....a Z version probably would have had "proper" rematches....
Fun fact about Black Writ Diantha: her (Mega) Gardevoir’s only method of inflicting damage in that battle is Hypnosis + Dream Eater, because its other two attacks are Captivate and Stored Power. Because apparently Game Freak just had it pull from its most recently learned moves for the level it appears at. :facepalm:

Pokemon: Raid Regigigas, level 100
Not going to include any of the actual "event" raids, because I don't care to look them up but I imagine a couple of them were level 100.[/spoiler]
Honestly though for me the Lv90 Greedent at Dyna Tree Hill puts up much more of a fight :psynervous:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)