SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Remember when Lapras was hunted to the point of becoming near extinct :psynervous:
Hey that had a happy ending!
Moon: These Pokémon were once near extinction due to poaching. Following protective regulations, there is now an overabundance of them.

ULTRA MOON: They've been so cherished that there's now an overabundance. The fish Pokémon population has declined in waters with too many Lapras.

You gotta admit that sounds plausible when

1. catch an abra without having battled a trainer in a specific spot
2. Use teleport right before they would challenge you
3. Go to Misty's gym and fight specifically the slowpoke
4. Return to the route with the trainer you almost fought and it will start a battle with a wild Mew

actually worked.
I meant it, as a kid, I tested all this things x'D

Gamers, I think I figured out how to catch Victini.

Of course the steps are very specific. If this doesn't work for you, you are probably doing it wrong.

1. Turn online on.
2. Win the Galar Star Tournament 50 times in a row with any partner.
3. Win 50 matches in the battle tower.
4. Win 50 matches in restrictive sparring.
4a. You CANNOT lose any matches or save in between battles for the above steps, otherwise the streak will be reset and you will need to redo the above steps.
5. Go inside your bedroom and spin your joystick until character starts spinning. On the exact frame they put their foot down and strike their pose, press the HOME button and close the game. You should now be in a dark void the next time you start the game. NOTE: If you press the HOME button too early or too late you will have to redo the above steps.
5a. Doing the above triggers a flag to Gamefreak's servers, and will remap your coordinates to location data that is not present in the datamine. Via arbitrary code execution and procedural generation, Gamefreak will upload new location data to your game the next time you connect to the server.
5b. Unfortunately, due to Game Freak's improper memory allocation for the data structures associated with the location data, there is a high chance that a Segmentation Fault will occur and your game will crash. The best way to prevent this is by tossing everything in your bag, and moving all your Pokemon into Pokemon Home.
6. Turn online on again. You will now be in Professor Rowan's Lab. Talk to Professor Rowan and he will give you a Victini.
6a. Unfortunately, you are now be softlocked. Going outside will crash the game. There is a girl with an abra, but, neither she nor the abra can be spoken to.

Good luck!
okay but when do I nickname my regice and give it ice cream

Do we know if the Ability Patch affects the egg HA possibility, or if it's more like Bottle Caps (no effect on eggs)? I'd like to think it will affect the eggs b/c it seems different enough from bottle caps, but I didn't even get to 200 Dynite yet to confirm anyway.

Do we know if the Ability Patch affects the egg HA possibility, or if it's more like Bottle Caps (no effect on eggs)? I'd like to think it will affect the eggs b/c it seems different enough from bottle caps, but I didn't even get to 200 Dynite yet to confirm anyway.
iirc from when it was partially implemented in the IoA update, they found that it straight up changes the bit rather than masking it like IVs and Natures

Related to what I did say the other day, the moment finally came. This is the result of 3 days of doing (almost non-stop) Dynamax Adventures, to the point I have maxed the Maxinium (spanish name, probably differs in english) you can obtain (999), expended part of it and regained it. This was no different from a 3 days streak of classic SR, altho much more fun, because I was interacting with the game in a way that allowed me to actually play instead of just resseting the system. I'm aware that people like several YouTubers have had more luck and obtained like several legendaries in a short spawn of time, but thats how odds work. During the process, I've also obtained a shiny Galar Linoone, Indeedee and Vikavolt.

Now I can enjoy one of my favourite shinies, alongside the other Fire/Flying legendary bird, Ho-Oh, who looks gorgeous following me in Sword and Shield and came all the way back from GSC Virtual Console.

Pokédex (Shield): Its entire body is made up of a single organ that generates electrical energy. Regieleki is capable of creating all Galar's electricity.

I mean, wow. We knew this story would not be kind to Chairman Rose, but this entry is a backhand to his very memory. Crown Tundra makes a point of underscoring how brainless his Darkest Day scheme really was, seeing as his own brother was hot on the tail of a safer alternative.

Last edited:
Pokédex: Its entire body is made up of a single organ that generates electrical energy. Regieleki is capable of creating all Galar's electricity.

I mean, wow. We knew this story would not be kind to Chairman Rose, but this entry is a backhand to his very memory. Crown Tundra makes a point of underscoring how brainless his Darkest Day scheme really was, seeing as his own brother was hot on the tail of a safer alternative.
Either that, or Peony wrote that entry just to spite on Rose.

Well that's a pleasant surprise, Peony wont talk about Cosmog but WILL talk about Poipole

Poipole: So this Poipoke's a Poison Pin Pokemon that came from another world? Guess it's got a bit of an unusual face, but it doesn't look that different from the type of thing I could find in tall grass around here...Gwaaah! Did those needles on its noggin just spray out poison?! Whatever world it came from must be wild!

Is there a list of mons we don't have Peony's text for yet? I can probably get them all.

Kyogre gets a comment about how it's technically everyone's nan, lmao
Honestly these might be available elsewhere but i've been editing my earlier post as I get more legends
Articuno (Normal): Whoa! It's our imposter ARticuno, only without that dodgy mask! Bet you it gets a lot mroe fans with those sharp, bright eyes out in the open, eh? Hang on, though--has it gotten chilly in here? Did a blizzard blow in or somethin'?
Moltres (Normal): Whoa! Now those are some serious flames! Hey, imposter Moltres! Have you got a fever or somethin'? You get some rest, hear me? Take care of yourself
Mewtwo: Aha! That's Mewtwo, the ferocious Pokemon created through genetic manipulation, isn't it? Its face is a bit on the pale side...Seems docile for the most part, though! It might not have the friendliest-lookin' mug, but I'll bet you it's a decent sort on the inside!
Suicune: Wow! That's a beutiful Pokemon, that is! Is that Suicune? It's dead cool how that horn thing on its head sort of makes a loop! I wonder, though...How's it supposed to roll over when it wants to sleep on the other side? I bet it's got a rought time sleepin' in general. You all right, Suicune? Gettin' your eight hours?
Azelf: Azelf, eh? The Pokemon that gives people the willpower to get through sticky situations? Maybe if I had one of these around, I'd be better at draggin' myself out of bed or cleanin' up around the house! Sounds like every home needs an Azelf! I've got to catch myself one!
Dialga: So this is Dialga? The Pokemon that controls time? Well, if that's not just talk...think it could give me a cheeky rewind whenever I make my darlin' Nia mad? That aside...has this thing got a bangin' cry or what?!
Reshiram: Whoa! Is that Pokemon's tail on fire?! Wait--come again? They say this Pokemon could scorch the world? Well, don't you look calm for someone carryin' around a potent Pokemon like that, Chief? That takes backbone, that does! Just watch out you don't get burned!
Tapu Lele: Who's this rockin' the perm, hief? Friend of yours? What? It's Tapu Lele, a Land Spirit Pokemon that's the guardian deity of some island?! Hm! Sneakin' in a bit of undercover travel, is it? Bit small for that, though. Bet its papa's worried! Guess its family believes in lettin' its little ones find their own way...
Tapu Fini: Who's this rockin' the eyelashes, Chief? Friend of yours? Oh, it's Tapu Fini, a Land Spirit Pokemon that's the guardian deity of some island?! Hm! Sneakin' in a bit of undercover travel, is it? Hang on... Is it me, or is there loads more moisture in the air all of a sudden? My throat's feelin' great now! Cheers, Tapu Fini! They out to make you the guardian deity of humidifyin' too!
Nihilego: Nihilego, eh? The Parasite POkemon? Whoa! Looks soft and floaty as a dream! Just think how cozy you'd be, havin' one to rest your head on like a pillow! Y'know, Chief, you did take that lovely pillow I found before... Come on-- let me have Nihilego wrap nice and gentle around my noggin for a bit! It's only fair. [Father Beast Peony.........]
Perhomosa: Pheromosa, eh? The Lissome Pokemon? Seems ultra-mega-refined! That's a Pokemon with class! Please to make your acquaintance, Pheromosa! What do you say to a handshake? ... ... ... ... ... ... That...might've been the coldest shoulder I've ever got. Did I do somethin' wrong, Chief?
Guzzlord: Guzzlord, the Junkivore Pokemon? Couldn't have named it better. Look at it go, chowin' down on that rubbish! Good for you, you great gourmand! No one could call you a fussy eater! Chief, if you've ever got some rubbish you can't be bothered to bin, toss that one a treat!
Stakataka: The Rampart Pokemon, Stakataka! That's one mysterious life-form, all right! Look how many likttle blocks make up this one Pokemon. They're just the right size for a pillow too, eh? Wonder if it'd let me have one... Oops! Guess not! Fair enough--losin' part of your body's no fun! Come to think of it... How many blocks would it have to lose to not be a Stakataka anymore?
Solgaleo: It's Solgaleo, the Sunne Pokemon! It practically roars "sun," doesn't it? Can it reall make the darkest of nights light up like midday? That's pretty cheeky! Sounds like it'd be a great help on those nights you just don't want ot head home yet, though! Eh? It comes from anotehr world, too?! That's one fired-up Pokemon!
Raikou: So this is Raikou, the Pokemon they say descended with a bolt of lightnin'? That must've been a pretty rough ride, eh, mate? No wonder the mane on your back's gone all curly.
Buzzwole: Gahaha! Just look at the muscles on Buzzwole! That's one Swollen Pokemon, all right! I don't mind sayin' I'm stronger than most, but I've got to bow down to your brawn, mate! You and me, Buzzwole--we ought to go get a few reps in sometime! I'll spot you!
Poipole: So this Poipoke's a Poison Pin Pokemon that came from another world? Guess it's got a bit of an unusual face, but it doesn't look that different from the type of thing I could find in tall grass around here...Gwaaah! Did those needles on its noggin just spray out poison?! Whatever world it came from must be wild!
Celesteela: Gwaaah! That thing's MASSIVE! Whoops...sorry to shout. Got a bit carried away from the shock! That's Celesteela, the Launch Pokemon, eh? And it flies around superfast by firin' flammable gas from those arms? I can't think of more to say about that than...absolutely wicked! Gotta say though, Chief...the odd ones sure seem to take a shine to you, don't they?
using solely...me, as a basis then there's Zapdos, Entei, Ho-oh, Lugia, Latios, Latias, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Mesprit, Uxie, Palkia, Giratina, Heatran, Cresselia, Tornadus (though I'll be able to get this one next, thanks Peonia), Thundurus, Landorus, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, Lunala, Necrozma, Xurkitree, Kartana, Blacephalon

Oh and I assume that since Peony has words to say about Poipole, he'll also have a spiel about Naganadal but I am not evolving this goober , this one is staying Home, and I've not transferred all my Banks over

So this is the Legendary Pokémon Lugia, eh? The one they call the guardian of the seas? And yet it’s a Flying type! Fancy that—being able to swim and fly! What CAN’T it do? I’ve heard they’ve got these sportin’ events called Pokéathlons in this one far-off region... Bet you Lugia would be brilliant in those!
Between noting Lugia's lack of Water typing and remembering Pokeathlons exist, Peony goes to these forums

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I just found out about this earlier and I love Peony so much
Thanks for posting this! (I'm just quoting it so no one has to look through the last page until the next page starts.)

Oh and I assume that since Peony has words to say about Poipole, he'll also have a spiel about Naganadal but I am not evolving this goober , this one is staying Home, and I've not transferred all my Banks over
You can still see what he says. Save, turn autosave off if it's on, evolve, talk to Peony, reload the save where Poipole's unevolved. (then turn on Autosave it it autosaved turning off autosave for some reason...)

Eidt: How'd I miss the datamined list two posts above this one? X(

Last edited:
Hmm. This Pokémon certainly looks like the one from that mysterious clue. I’ll give you that... But somethin’ tells me this Pokémon didn’t come from this lair! I know it’s got to be a pain, Chief, but keep searchin’! Slow and steady and all that!
ahahaha, they actually put in a check in case you just import a Necrozma. That's cute.

Between noting Lugia's lack of Water typing and remembering Pokeathlons exist, Peony goes to these forums
JOHTO REMAKES CONFIRMED

All text was already datamined.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CPokemon/swsh-text/master/story/en.txt

Fair warning though. ALL text was already datamined. You might want to look for one of Peony's lines to get to his Legendary quips.

They're all amazing lol.
Here's a fun quirk: there's 3 gaps in the gen 5 section, between Kyurem & the forces of nature. Considering Peony actually has something to say if you show him all the other tundra pokemon again, Poipole, Naganadel and also Regigigas, I wonder if at one point he was going to talk about the musketeers but they decided against it?

There's also another gap at the end of the gen 7 section, between the Tapu and the gen 8 tundra pokemon. My first thought was Cosmog, but feels like there'd be 2 gaps for that, for cosmoem. Keldeo, shoved at the bottom of the list for being a Mythic?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Honestly, I really dig these Peony text lines about legendary Pokémon. Game Freak are acknowledging the legends themselves beyond just the Pokédex entries, and that's something I've been missing for a long time. That little extra bit of attention goes to show that these Pokémon are special and have a lot of backstory. Kudos where it's due.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)