CAP 8 CAP 8 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a minor flaw to point out, the tail looks very off center. Aside from that I really like the idea (Too many bipedal dragons!)

Edit: Just realised that's a fourth claw, still looks a touch off though.

Curse Photoshop and its constant crashing.

I'll do my other designs over the next few days. Grah. This was a haphazardly drawn design, just to get the feel of the colors. Any suggestions on color changes etc.? And what colors do you think would make my other designs cool?

Cyzir I love this design, exept the arm/pawn in the air. Ground it or you could make it only have three legs, I think actually that could be better than four.

Alright, I did more touch-ups and I've added an outline to my glow, since I believe it's central to my fakemon. Sorry Doug if you think it's cliche! I also, needed to know if the outline on the glow is good enough to be legal?
and not to be egotistical but doesn't the "good head (the one with blue eyes)" look pretty awesome?
Also, just to note, the only crystals that do not glow are the four that are on each head.

I also wanted to address something that I believe may be on the minds of some about my artwork. I believe some may think it "does not looking like a pokemon". Firstly, many of the pokemon everyone looks at are the originals by Ken Sugimori, which is understandable for obvious reasons. However, I gain my inspiration from the likes of a series called "The Electric Tale Of Pikachu" by Toshiro Ono. I believe the pokemon presented here have a much more "life-like" quality, although scarier looking.
Examples of that work can be seen here: 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5

Edit: Also rotated slightly. Or try the more "electricky" glow, http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh223/jurassicskin/CSDTouchupElectricGlowRotated.jpg

Code:
[IMG]http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp268/chomzloh/dragon.jpg[/IMG]
A very sloppy colour plan for another design I came up with. (Not that much different from my old one, actually)
http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp268/chomzloh/electricdragon.jpg

All comments welcome. Does anyone think I need to tweak the colour scheme?
I think this one is pretty cool, though other than the horns it's hard to see the electric from just a headshot. As for the color scheme, it looks fine to me though it's never a bad idea to try other colors.

Final Submission

Thanks to all for the help in constructing this design. We've got a metric asston of great designs this time around, so good luck to everyone. ^^

That actually was the intent. See, the original image I posted was meant to be an Electric Eel Meverick in a Megaman X fangame, and eels are naturally nimble and lithe. I figured having a dragon be just as nimble isn't necessarily a bad thing.

With that said, here's latest adjustment #I forget. Darkened the blue a tad and changed eyebrow color as well as removed any pube-ness of the beard.

Awesome design!

Damn Keishinkae, that looks awesome. Still keeps the dinosaurian appeals I like yet add a bit more dragon into it. Your older version (Pachycephalosaurus-like) still my favorite though.

Damnit, the chose to make is now extremely tough.

@ Keshinkae: Looks really good! I agree with Gothic Togekiss in liking the dinosaurian appearance. Although, would you be able to try re-using the head of your "pharoah-like" design that we discussed, that was really cool. Also, perhaps you could make the tail a little less stiff?

Alright, I did more touch-ups and I've added an outline to my glow, since I believe it's central to my fakemon. Sorry Doug if you think it's cliche! I also, needed to know if the outline on the glow is good enough to be legal?
and not to be egotistical but doesn't the "good head (the one with blue eyes)" look pretty awesome?
Also, just to note, the only crystals that do not glow are the four that are on each head.

Looks even better, GK. I especially like the stripes on the body, how they change from yellow to gray as they go towards the stomach. Awesome :). Also, I like the alternate glow, the more "electricky" one.

Final Submission

Background Information
The inspiration for this design was the mythical dragon Ouroboros, the dragon who holds its tail in its mouth. Ouroboros also symbolizes infinity, so I made the pose a bit like the ∞ symbol.

The other big inspiration for this Pokemon was the idea of a complete circuit. When it has its tail in its mouth, the circuit is complete and it charges up. If it loses all its charge (the light blue areas will dim), it needs to charge up again before using another electric attack. It also charges if its head and tail are touching the same metal object (including certain steel-type pokemon like Magnemite).

Thank you everyone who gave support or feedback. Working on this design had been fun. There are so many great designs here, good luck everyone.

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I originally had them but they weren't very clean so I decided to omit them. It looked surprisingly good too, but I didn't know about that rule.

Sorry about that...

Final Submission

I originally had them but they weren't very clean so I decided to omit them. It looked surprisingly good too, but I didn't know about that rule.

Sorry about that...

Final Submission
This has my vote, if not really close. It's just so... different. o.o

Although, it does look Steel-type.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Sorry about that...

Final Submission
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/Yilx/drag_O.jpg
Yilx, that looks really, really good! I can't believe you took off the outlines in the first place!?! The outlines really add a lot of "pop" to the art, IMO. I love your design, color choices, and shading techniques. Nice job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)