CAP 7 CAP 7 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My submission, not going to color unless I get some feedback (measure twice, cut once). My scanner may have chopped the left side a bit...

Without furthur ado, Reconmon:

Comment please!

Jumpin' on the sala bashing wagon here:

Of course I didn't want to make it as one-sided as most people do in VS pics. I'll add this to my supporting material.

Just a placeholder incase the topic ends while I'm at work...

Final Submission

Supporting material

Original sketch portraying Vassago in two poses:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Fairly Recent to New Art/chainghost.png

"Hey Salamene, I'mma choke you out and take your Choice Scarf, k?
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Fairly Recent to New Art/salamencesupport.png

This design was inspired by the Vassago enemies from Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. Rather than swinging around axes, I made him more kid-friendly and changed them to shackles, making him perfect as a scout because he can restrain and thieve items.

I may update but probably not as I'm working all weekend.
Underrated submission. Excellent work.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Final Submission

Final Submission

Type: Steel / Ghost
With a 0 to 20 (Somewhat Offensive) Style Bias, a 20 to Infinity (Physical) Build Bias, and a Quite Good (250-299) Base Stat Rating.
Ability: Frisk

Design Name: "Knightmon" by Caladbolg~

Make a design for this community is very funny and challenging. I'm proud to be part of the process of this serious proyect. I'm happy with all the suggestion that you gave to me, all the congratulations, all of them. And I have to thank you for give me a chance to demostrate my art.

I make a Knight pokemon for this community. I ear many suggestions, and try to create a pokemon to everyone.

Knightmon is a shadow armor, a vigilante from old times, alert, to give information from the enemy.

My inspiration are the great Knights from old time, that now are dead. Now, their souls is in armor. Someone can say that this concept is too repetitive. In my opinion, it's the best fusion between Steel and Ghost, also, it's personality and charism is based in our concept "The Ultimate Scout".

Maybe you dislike this color scheme, but this is only a guide for the sprite, We can change it, if the community decide that. Also, maybe, there is a detail that you dislike, that can be change it. Please, if you will vote for this, vote for the design, the style, the art.

Supporting Material

Shiny, maybe?
Frisk
Original Design
Knightmon protected itself!

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Maybe we should have a compromise and have it so that Caladbolg's changes depending on what plate it holds: for example, it becomes red with a Flame Plate and green with a Grass Plate.

I don't think people would make it hold a plate JUST so it could change colors. Heck, even arceus doesn't change colors when it holds a different plate on shoddy. I don't think that's a valid idea at all, really.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Here's the inked and colored version of my Skeleton Robot design.

I played with auras just a little bit, but nothing really fit. This skeleton just isn't the hellfire/ghostly aura type. It's obviously a skeleton, which I think has plenty of "undead" connotations to satisfy the ghost typing. By using a steel blue, and emphasizing the gold rivets -- I think there's plenty of metal and "robot-ness" to justify the Steel typing.

I'm still open to suggestions, but now that I have it inked and shaded, changes are a lot harder to make. I have some action sketches and other support pics that I will post later. I may tweak a few small items on the main pic tomorrow, and then make a final submission.

Wow, the competition got a lot fiercer since I last commented, but... Doug's Skelebot is still number one in my mind!

Awesome design, I'm going to support it with all my might (which is only 1 vote per poll, and a few supporting texts :P).

DJD has my vote! Everyone did a great job though.

Doug, I think a more "worn-out" color scheme would make it look more ghostly in my opinion. Maybe make the shade of grey a bit darker and the gold a bit rusty?

Bobtheball4

CAP Playtesting Expert
hmm, i'm not sure who to choose, caladbolgs, KoAs or dougs, theyre all great, and theres no 3 sided coins :(

Well here's my submission, thanks Alchemist. ^_^

When I saw that it would be "The Ultimate Scout", I instantly thought of binoculars. Then I thought of Voldo's mask in in one of the older Soul Caliburs, and based it off of that.

The blending thing would have turned out alot better if I had something good to blend with, AND if I hadn't been stupid enough to save the colored version as a PNG, with no layers. *facepalm* At any rate, I'll put up some scanned drawings that'll show off what it looks like without my retarded tablet-drawing. Viewing it as a ghost with some scouting tech and binoculars should give you a good idea though. He has a little device underneath his wrist. Dunno exactly what moves this guy would have but it would be kinda useful though. No fireballs coming out of his hands, just the wrists. :P

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Main Design

Zari's "Catmon"

When the word scout is mentioned, certain animals come to mind. Cats stand out because of all of their abilities; they are silent, fast, and solitary, alone like a moving scout.

Story behind the cat:
a ghost is one who cannot leave this world; a creature who is bound to something in this dimension. This particular cat cannot bear to leave his charmed string behind, for it has become a part of him.

Supporting material
Origional Design
First Revamp
Unghostified Final Design
EDIT: more supporting material
1st stage quick sketches
Fast form
Attack!
2nd stage ideas
Colored Design One
Colored Design two

KoA's and Caladbolg's submissions are both awesome; I'm leaning towards KoA's more thought, as it's cool looking, scout-looking, a bit scary and a tad cute.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Here's a simple two-frame "animation" of my Skelebot design using a spinning move -- perhaps Rapid Spin or Whirlwind.

I originally drew the skeleton standing in a variation of the "DaVinci pose", just to play with the basic proportions of the character. As I was looking at it, I realized the robot's spine could be used as a rotational axis and could do spinning moves. So I blurred the arms and added circles to give the impression of spinning. It's not a sophisticated animation like Cartoons might do, but it does give you a sense of how this design might do a spinning move.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh wow Doug, that is amazing. Out of all the ones posted so far, I'm really into Dougs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)