Zygarde

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

direct copy and paste from the thread with the format in it

Overview
########

- Zygarde just looks like a bad Dragon - good bulk with no support moves to back it up combine with mediocre offenses to create an apparently flawed Pokemon.
- Its ability is literally useless without Xerneas and Yveltal around.
- Despite these flaws, it has a niche as one of the best Heatran counters in the game.
- Incredible bulk and good Speed let it set up Substitute without worry and pose a major threat to the opponent mid-to-late game.
- Once it gets Sub up, it's incredibly difficult to remove it from the battlefield

Substitute
########
name: Substitute
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Protect
move 3: Land's Wrath
move 4: Stone Edge / Rock Slide
ability: Aura Break
item: Leftovers
evs: 192 HP / 208 Atk / 112 Spe
nature: Adamant

Moves
========

- Substitute and Protect work in tandem to keep Zygarde on the field for ages, making it functionally immune to status moves and soaking up attacks from behind a Substitute.
- Land's Wrath, Zygarde's signature move, is a Ground move that hits both of the opponent's Pokemon - with a loss of only ~7.5 base power (after spread reduction) it is much better than Earthquake.
- Stone Edge bypasses Wide Guard and smacks Charizard and Talonflame before they can move, and also has slightly more power than Land's Wrath against one opponent.
- Rock Slide is an alternative to Stone Edge that hits both opponents, although using it puts you at risk of being blocked by Pokemon such as Hitmontop and Aegislash that carry Wide Guard.

Set Details
========

EVS / ITEM / NATURE INFORMATION GOES HERE

Usage Tips
========

USAGE TIPS GO HERE

Team Options
========

TEAM OPTIONS GO HERE

Other Options
########

OTHER OPTIONS GOES HERE. STUFF LIKE ALTERNATE MOVES, ALTERNATE SETS, NICHE STUFF THAT DOESN'T GET A MAIN SET MENTION

Checks & Counters
########

CHECKS & COUNTERS GO HERE
NOTE THAT THIS WILL BE MORE THREATLISTY SO MENTION POKEMON / OTHER EFFECTS ONE AT A TIME

Last edited:

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
"- Rock Slide is a SE alternative if you don't give a fuck about Rock Slide"

Think you mean Wide Guard here. :p

If you're going for 404 HP Subs, then you only need 188, the current spread gives it 405 HP which is a waste.
EDIT- Plus, the current EV spread hits 512 EVs :P

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Arcticblast, I'd definitely consider 216 Atk EVs to earn the bonus Attack point (317 -> 319). I'd also pump its Speed so it can put up a sub before Jolly Breloom can Spore it (148 Spe EVs). 101 HP subs are rather overrated in Doubles anyways (only really see use when facing Sableye or Dusclops).

If you're going for 404 HP Subs, then you only need 188, the current spread gives it 405 HP which is a waste.
EDIT- Plus, the current EV spread hits 512 EVs :P
405 HP is necessary so that if you somehow can't heal anymore with leftovers, you can make up to 4 substitutes (cause then u'd be left with 1 HP)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)