Project YUM OR YUCK (BACK IN BUSINESS BABY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yum! Works really well against set-up sweepers, especially CM Goth.

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 76 Atk / 36 Def / 76 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Drilbur RS + SR is a thing that I'm testing a lot. EQ + Rock Slide are enough to beat a lot of mons, and you don't need another slot in your team for a spinner/rocker. It seems good for me :]

Yum! Works really well against set-up sweepers, especially CM Goth.

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 76 Atk / 36 Def / 76 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Drilbur RS + SR is a thing that I'm testing a lot. EQ + Rock Slide are enough to beat a lot of mons, and you don't need another slot in your team for a spinner/rocker. It seems good for me :]
Yum. Although I worry about this set facing too much pressure to fill the role of hazard remover AND rocker on the same set, it does allow for more flexible teambuilding, so I like it :)

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 9 HP
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Psychic Fangs

Using this set on a Hail team, and it's absolutely disgusting. It's better than Zen Headbutt in nearly every possible way. Same relative power, but no miss chance and a way to break opposing Aurora Veils/Screens. All you really miss out on is flinching, but Waterfall already does that on its own. The Psychic coverage lets it eviscerate Mienfoo, Croagunk without Vacuum Wave (or on the switch), Mareanie, Tentacool, Chlorophyll Grass/Poisons like Oddish, Bulbasaur and Bellsprout and also does serious damage to Foongus as well. Using Carvanha on Hail also means you will have a way to break past Bronzor with Crunch and a way to break past Fire and Rock types with Waterfall, three kinds of Pokemon that trouble a Hail team.

Edit: changed the IVs.

Last edited:

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Bringing this back, we don't need Mambo to have a good time.
I'd say YUM to the above, since Psychic Fangs is def better than ZHB. With Timburr and Vacuum Gunk so common you basically have to hit fighters on the switch, though. Cool for Foongus too!

Croagunk @ Berry Juice
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 116 Def / 188 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave
- Vacuum Wave
- Focus Blast

Ran Croagunk on a squad I built with trash the other day and we decided to run this set. I hadn't used it yet this gen, but its seeming pretty cool right now with Fighting-types, Chinchou, and Mareanie on the rise. This thing is a decent check to lots of other stuff, and its especially nice to not give Vullaby a Weak Armor boost when it switches in. No Goth means its much safer to set up most of the time, especially because people don't switch dig in.

Bringing this back, we don't need Mambo to have a good time.
I'd say YUM to the above, since Psychic Fangs is def better than ZHB. With Timburr and Vacuum Gunk so common you basically have to hit fighters on the switch, though. Cool for Foongus too!

Croagunk @ Berry Juice
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 116 Def / 188 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave
- Vacuum Wave
- Focus Blast

Ran Croagunk on a squad I built with trash the other day and we decided to run this set. I hadn't used it yet this gen, but its seeming pretty cool right now with Fighting-types, Chinchou, and Mareanie on the rise. This thing is a decent check to lots of other stuff, and its especially nice to not give Vullaby a Weak Armor boost when it switches in. No Goth means its much safer to set up most of the time, especially because people don't switch dig in.
Yum. Croagunk is solid in this meta definetely and NP is definetely the superior set.

For fun gonna show my heat

Mareanie @ Waterium Z
Ability: Merciless
EVs: 36 HP / 172 Atk / 100 Def / 20 SpD / 156 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pin Missile
- Poison Jab
- Rain Dance
- Liquidation

Paired with SD Foo Btw

Last edited:
my god, it seems really yummy. I like try to find new movesets with zmoves, but that marzanie didn't come to my brain. really funny!

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

this scarfoo set is really really offensive. I really like it, you can just click hjk and 2hko everything you want. Can beat so many things like Larvesta, and if it can't just leave with u-turn.

Yuck. NO reason to run Adamant rn given scarf vulla and scarf rufflet are potential things. Always losing scarf chou ties is also a bitch. Take regen when you have it, if you want larv bad that much, put up rocks fren.

Onix @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

This thing is absurd right now. It counters birds and threatens a revenge KO. This thing just beats offense. 116 Speed allows it to hit 15 speed which is incredible for the role it plays. Outspeeding NP Vulla and reaching 30 after WA. Explosion+Diglett is a very solid answer for star tbh. Booming and trapping it not allowing it to spin if you are playing offensively. Also standard Star is taking 35 ish % from EQ switch in. Foongus is taking around 40% as are bulky foo and timb. I've also really enjoyed curse as an option as well over boom and roar is always a solid option.

Here's a recent game from LC Swiss where WA onix held both a strong offensive presence and walled doduo which is exactly it's purpose in games bar also being an incredible grimes switch in.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7lc-546238456

Yuck, mostly because it's plasmag who posted it and also because you still should have 17 speed to outspeed pawn in the first place. Explosion is nice tho!

Based Helix (Omanyte) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 116 Atk / 40 Def / 116 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Rock Blast
- Ice Beam

rock blast omanyte can break through the prevalent sash abra and rockium z can OHKO chinchou without needing to run earthpower (ohko staryu if knocked off)

I wish we could pair it with gothita but that thing's banned, so pair it with cottonee and diglett for a double memento chain!! ^q^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)