Finals World Cup of Pokemon IX - Finals [Won by Team Brazil]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm really sorry for my inactivity after the r1, but i was traveling and I tried to get where i could (helped more KratosMana and Destiny cuz i have more contact with them)

congrats team

Hi people, you already know, I gave my kudos on Facebook (Bruno DK aqui), but I would like to, once again, emphasize the importance of guys like Moon (Quantum Mechanics here on Smogon) and so many other players who helped to evolve the brazilian level in the Competitive Pokémon as Lampard, Hill, Arrowz Of Light (he is portuguese, but he was a incredible player in Adv Generation), Mario With Lasers (Uriel bicha gosta de salsicha), Pi Face, Dark Lynx and so many other guys who contributed to Banana Meteor, who made history this year. I'm very proud to contribute with this achievement, for real.

I'm sorry for my horrible english via google translator dear smogoners, but I needed to say it here.

E agora, um recado pra quem pode ler em PT-BR.

Barilians fiéis admiradores do Gold Huezaru, animem-se. Essa conquista foi apenas o ápice da tentativa de mostrar uma coisa: que o brasileiro também pode e consegue jogar Pokémon Competitivo em alto nível contra qualquer um. Basta a gente querer e buscar. Conseguimos essa conquista agora e acredito que não devemos parar por ai. E não precisa ser apenas em Smogon Metagame. Temos plena capacidade de jogar e jogar bem em VGC e outros metagames que não sejam Over Used Metagame. As áreas são muitas e bastante férteis, até mesmo para quem não gosta de jogar em Smogon Metagame por não ser oficial. Não têm mais desculpas. É só se unir, aprender, se aprimorar e, principalmente, querer. Já dizia Fernando Pessoa entre seus heterônimos:

"Tudo vale a pena quando a Alma não é pequena"

Parabéns, Bananas. E esse é só o começo
Congratz, Bananas. And this is just the beginning.

Last edited:

gr8astard

Here comes the waterworks!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 9th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Parabens Brazil, especially my good friend DracoMalfoy and that (BAN ME PLEASE) YnSogeking the David Luis of your team. Also props to br's other top performers anti and destinydevice, can't argue with the records you guys have. Not forgetting Danilo who got carried to a trophy, lucky and bad. But for real parabens, i think most of the xy and bw games came down to matchup with minor hax and chokes here and there but you guys did well not to give up any advantages away when you have it.

I'm not for giving shoutouts when we didn't win but I'd feel bad for not giving recognition to our top performers: Joey and bro fist who went undefeated, August who is pretty much undefeated in my eyes, dragonuser who went 5-1 and always clutching for us, and I guess BKC who is also undefeated but lel 3 games. But seriously you've been preparing our team like crazy in adv and dpp, I don't think your contribution to the team can be overstated.

Shoutouts to Nails for being a helpful / noobish assman, Yondie for resolving any conflicts that arise when some bitchass niggas are being bitches, and Dave because he is Dave and he can just sit on his ass and dominate the vgc and pokebattle ladder. And of course shoutouts to the supporters in our channel and other players including myself with not so stellar records, at least i'm happy that everyone who played (that is everyone except bitchass jayde, we still love u man) got at least one win under their names.

At the end of the day it is just a bunch of pixels but more than that we are winners and we all hate losing, and I think that is what pissed us off more than anything. Still I had a lot of fun and playing wcop with you guys has been an incredible experience especially considering how awful Pokemon is. Maybe when PDC finally hits puberty he can lead us to the promised land once more.

And what better way to end this post by quoting the best player in wcop:
" the basedlord? My balls!!! You're a fgt "

Last edited:
ahhh, although this might be my last post on smogon, it is the first one with a trophy (:, so I might as well post the gay shoutouts here!
(also, I still want to have more likes than aim on this post y/n?)

Dekzeh: one of the funniest guys I met on smogon. too bad you disappeared during BW, because it'd sure be awesome to have you around ): but still, an amazing player, who sure as hell strikes fear into the oponent's heart; no one can ever expect what sort of gimmick you'll pull off! also, this (BAN ME PLEASE) went to an R1 battle that, if he lost, brazil would've been eliminated, and guess what he did: won with team barbaracle. though you still bully me a lot (I'm 17, not 12 you twat), I hope we'll meet again n_n

yan[sogeking]:YAAAAAAAN, fucking noob. I completely destroyed this guy in every test, no idea why hantsuki wouldn't play me in BW ?_?. still, you wrecked a lot, played really well all your games. and with the legendaly BLUE_STAR recommending your teams, no surprise u got that record. though, being honest, I thought you'd lose vs ctc due to pressure, but you're really madure... as a player I mean o_o

DracoMalfoy: probably the best overall player on the team. you were already a legend in the ADV era, but you remained active to be a top player in literally every tier, from RBY to XY. your record definitely not reflects your skill, since you had the worst luck between all of us lol. congrats on your second team trophy, and I'm sure you'll get an individual one eventually (:

KratosMana: ahhh, I still remember when you were a random trollish kid back in 2010 at PO, then I tutored you just to end up seeing you become an amazing player in 2012, and now you're even better, probably better than me O_o. still, you took on a lot of tough opponents and still got a relatively cool record, also clutching it in the finals. your career has a bright future n_n.

Hantsuki: very solid captain, and for brazil's fortune, you happened to put me in the team ;]. led the team with knowledge and played really well when needed. I just don't understand why you didn't play me in BW and yan in XY ?_? but it still worked out fine. and for all the work you and the paneland (BAN ME PLEASE) did, you really deserved a trophy. I am also glad you noticed my growth (:

Destiny Device: or should I say Destiny "5-0" Device. guy came completely out of nowhere to clutch 5 wins against top players, beast tbh. actually, I already knew you when you were an okayish poké-EVO dude. IMO your only problem was that you seemed too tense before the games and had trouble with teambuilding, but you'll easily overcome that with more tour experience. I for instance was a completely desperate kid, as Hantsuki mentioned, and look at where I am now hehe. I'm sure you'll get picked for SPL if you're still active, so that's a pretty good start ;]

Hill: RATOW, the legend. you also have been one of the more consistent brazilian players throughout the ages. clutched a lot of important games for us, including that legendary match against dice. too bad you lost in the finals, but tbh you lost to an amazing player (joey is really that good oO). I remember you managed the toughest team to beat on the brazilian premier league, because you're very experient. I'm glad I played alongside you this time o_o

Danilo: ah, I remember when you were a random and now you're so grown up and so strong at adv n_n. if you had lost one more match in r1, the team would not advance to r2, so grats on that; and you even helped malfoy a lot, so don't say you didn't deserve the trophy wtf

papai noel: I remember that when I was quitting smogon, you were joining it for good. I came back to see that the legendary [DR]Victor went 10-3 in the frontier and was a supposedly solid player. BUT U WEREN'T LOL THE BEST THING U DID WAS GETTING THE FUCK OUT AND LET ME PLAY IN UR PLACE LOLOL!! obv jk n_n

rest of the team: I didn't interact much with you guys, but if you were in the team, it means you did a good job on the tryouts, so don't let them say you didn't deserve the trophy n_n

non team baril ppl:

Adam: obviously you come first here. I cannot stress how important you were for brazil on this win, you might easily be the best XY OU teambuilder right now, and I doubt we'd have won if you weren't on our side. obligatory mention of the fact that THIS GUY WAS THE ONE WHO TOLD ME TO USE THE HP ELECTRIC KELDEO, in that battle vs sinclair. and you also helped destiny_device/anti amazingly. tbh you deserved the trophy more than half of the team, BUT IT'S YOUR FUCKING FAULT that you decided to play for metro instead of us, smfh.

radianthero156: this guy was secretly my tutor in XY OU, very interesting team ideas as well. it's a shame that you didn't make the team, because you would've deserved the trophy more than some people ¬_¬, but yeah, it's also your fault for choking in the tryouts LOL! imo you have potential, my advice is to focus less on lower tiers and go hard in OU, you can easily play for baril next year if you're active, and if I'm still around we're retaining this trophy 8)

BKC: ah, you've grown so much. from the 'unsuspecting 3.5k player that Blue_Star recommended to atticus' to this amazing and successful tour winner and overall amazing player n_n. anyways, you've been one of my best friends on smogon so far, sucks that we had to be enemies for this great tourney's finals, but yeah that's how the game works. I'll quit soon, but there's a chance I'll be back for SPL 6 where you'll play DP, I'll play BW, bro fist will play XY and scooters will start 3-0 every week because of that, and we'll achieve the red trophy O_O. I'm still a better drummer though ;]

hanke: LAMP! idk if you'll still end up reading this, but I vowed to myself that I'd thank you if I ever got a trophy, because you always were my inspiration as a player :'). if I could, I'd share this trophy with you because your wcop records are also really incredible. I still hope that you'll come back one day ;]

kael: kaeeeeeeeeeel, brother, tenho que abrir esse espaço pra falar em português, mas você sempre me apoiou bastante, e me trouxe pra a [sky], onde eu melhorei MUITO minhas habilidades, então também tenho que dedicar esse trofeu a você. na próxima vez, jogue com a gente ;]

Rewer: you predicted against me :pirate: but we're still frens :toast:

MarceloDK: you suck 431 dicks LOL

so yeah, that's it. BARIL, PORRA.

edit: obligatory mention of the Tang-rowth.

and sorry for the random brazilian randoms spamming this topic, I have no idea who the fuck they are ?_?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)