SPOILERS! Wonder Trades

also look out for Moon Ball Honedge...they are quiet common...or at least I get almost always one while trading away splitbacks

also look out for Moon Ball Honedge...they are quiet common...or at least I get almost always one while trading away splitbacks
Wow! I didn't know Honedge was from gen 4 and available in HG/SS! Oh wait.

Yeah, if it's from gen 5 onward, it sadly has no business being in an Apricorn ball or having its hidden ability.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the Gastly. (unless its like 5-6 IV) It's ones like Shell Armor Torkoal in a Heavy Ball that you obviously need to be wary of. Pretty sure Hoopa shouldn't be able to go through WT if it's legit.
Unfortunately it's a female moon-ball Gastly with Disable, Reflect Type, Clear Smog, and Perish Song and 5/6 31 IV's (and Attack is the dump stat).

It is level one though, but that could just mean it was bred from a hack.

I did get someone's splitback Zubat with infiltrator and Defog. That was a good find.

Got a shiny Alakazam, that I think has a Modest nature, a random Modest Zygarde, and imagine my surprise when I got a Hoopa! A Hoopa, of all things! Boy, was I excited!

I think Adamant works for the Unleashed Forme (or whatever it's called), so I guess that might be what he'll become.

And do I give a shit if they are hacks?! No, as long as they aren't some bad egg that can ruin my game, they are a hell of a lot more valuable than some random Wurmple or Caterpie!!!

I doubt the Zygarde is a hack, though.

I have a Pokerus Chikorita from a friend, so yesterday I decided to infect a full team of Route 1 Pokemon with it, name them Pokerus, and then WT them out. Anything I got I didn't want I gave Pokerus and put into the WT again. I ended up getting...

Wingull.
Wingull nicknamed Wonderlocke, I feel really bad about this one because he got a Wurmple in return. But hey, Pokerus!
Porygon... in a Dream Ball. Unless it was transferred, I'm assuming this is a hack. Kept it anyway.
Fletchling.
Snubbul.
SPA Ralts.
JPN Pachirishu in some pokeball I forgot. I liked it though, and it's a female, so I kept it.
Chespin nicknamed ! I kept this one too.
Zigzagoon.
Feebas nicknamed Envy.
SPA Snorunt.
JPN Foongus.
Kecleon.
Mienfoo
Koffing.
Poochyena.
SPA Zigzagoon.
Goomy.
FRE Joltik, not sure if this was a nickname or not, called Statitik. Kept it because it's so adorable.
JPN Magikarp.
ITA Tentacool, nicknamed? Medascarun.
JPN Ralts. It appears to be a breeding reject. It knows Destinity Bond, Shadow Sneak, and other Egg Moves. Decided to keep him.
Espurr.
FRE Honedge named R.N.B.18, I decided to keep it.
GER Spinda, possibly named Pandir.
JPN Torchic with Speed Boost, and Baton Pass. I kept it.

Last edited:
before i deleted my save i played around with wonder trades
after about 10 charmanders, i was ready to give up when...
i got a shiny level 100 abomasnow, with perfect EVs (i forgot which ones)
no 'Nice!' thingies could ever repay the guy who sent it to me

(what is the 'Nice!' thing for anyway?)

before i deleted my save i played around with wonder trades
after about 10 charmanders, i was ready to give up when...
i got a shiny level 100 abomasnow, with perfect EVs (i forgot which ones)
no 'Nice!' thingies could ever repay the guy who sent it to me

(what is the 'Nice!' thing for anyway?)
I think the 'Nice!' thing is to show people some love or recognition. If I look at the profile of someone I don't even know and he has the same favorite Pokemon as me, I'm probably going to shoot him a 'Nice!'. And of course, you can shoot a 'Nice!' after a good battle or trade.

Just wondering if this is alright to put on wonder trade. I'm catching a bunch of dragalgae and naming them "Iocane," along with teaching them focus blast and sludge wave. Figured anyone playing X version or just not done with the story might have use for it, or at least someone might have a laugh at the reference.

Highlight of my day: got a shiny in my dragalgae hunt.

Just wondering if this is alright to put on wonder trade. I'm catching a bunch of dragalgae and naming them "Iocane," along with teaching them focus blast and sludge wave. Figured anyone playing X version or just not done with the story might have use for it, or at least someone might have a laugh at the reference.

Highlight of my day: got a shiny in my dragalgae hunt.
These days people would be more thrilled if they had Adaptability, made available via DexNaving Skrelp in Omega Ruby, but there's nothing wrong with what you're doing if you've that much time to kill...

Longest part of it is teaching them the TMs. Just twave>false swipe>ball. Would be nice getting adaptability... Just got my 3DS though. Will be fun using wonder trade once I start breeding for competitives, but for now filling the dex comes first.

Longest part of it is teaching them the TMs. Just twave>false swipe>ball. Would be nice getting adaptability... Just got my 3DS though. Will be fun using wonder trade once I start breeding for competitives, but for now filling the dex comes first.
Well be sure to get a 6IV Ditto from Most (if you haven't one already) as that will greatly help in your competitive breeding efforts... (and Masuda Method shiny breeding if the other parent isn't German) though most of the legendary Pokemon you'll want to fill the Dex are in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. (albeit you'll probably want to touch trade for them to get their entries and make soft resetting them go faster, especially for ones you may want to catch with Repeat Ball)

Just be wary that Wonder Trade will likely net you a TON of early route Pokemon and possibly some hacks. I've been Wonder Trading off most of my Sheer Force Totodile spitbacks, but nothing too exciting in return.

Thanks for the advice, especially about Most's ditto.
Haven't gotten anything extraordinary in wonder trade, but I am getting plenty of help filling the dex. Think my favorite was a contrary snivy. Very helpful for getting non legendaries in the GTS.

I got a bunch of shinies and perfect IV Pokés over the last couple of weeks. But what really stands out is a Level 99 Magikarp with Hydro Pump (yes, the same one that Nappy has been wanting for weeks!).

Now I have the following dilemma: to be? Or not to be?! Oops, sorry, wrong line! Shut up Chang! Nobody likes you! I meantz: to evolve, or not to evolve?
I mean, shiny Magikarp certainly has the pedigree to make a worthy Gyarados: 6 IVs, Jolly Nature, Swift Swim=Intimidate. But it isn't like I don't already have a similar Gyarados, the only difference being he isn't shiny. And I like Magikarp's shiny, golden color.

What I'm saying here is: I think I need some help making a final decision. Any thoughts people?

I got a bunch of shinies and perfect IV Pokés over the last couple of weeks. But what really stands out is a Level 99 Magikarp with Hydro Pump (yes, the same one that Nappy has been wanting for weeks!).

Now I have the following dilemma: to be? Or not to be?! Oops, sorry, wrong line! Shut up Chang! Nobody likes you! I meantz: to evolve, or not to evolve?
I mean, shiny Magikarp certainly has the pedigree to make a worthy Gyarados: 6 IVs, Jolly Nature, Swift Swim=Intimidate. But it isn't like I don't already have a similar Gyarados, the only difference being he isn't shiny. And I like Magikarp's shiny, golden color.

What I'm saying here is: I think I need some help making a final decision. Any thoughts people?
The Special Attack means nothing with a Jolly nature... I'd just leave it as is as a trophy thing if I were keeping it at all.

Reactions: JES
I got a lot of shinies in Wonder Trade. Most are probably hacked I know. There were a number of legendaries and breeding rejects I got too.

But today was definitely interesting... Via Wonder Trade in Alpha Sapphire I got what MUST be a "Valentine's Day" Gift. A Shiny Level 100 Luvdisc caught in a Love Ball knowing the moves Attract, Charm, Sweet Kiss, and Rain Dance with a Destiny Knot attached. It was hatched in ORAS too. I'm certain it was probably hacked or cloned or something, but I'm keeping it because it's just funny.

I got a lot of shiny and 6IV Pokémon two weeks ago, including a Glaceon and Machamp, amongst other things I just can't remember.

My first Wonder Trade... I caught a Honedge for my team and decided I disliked him. I WT him and get... a GENGAR! Not even a Haunter that evolved into it but a plain-out Gengar. Thank you kind soul!

Other than that I've gotten plenty of shinies and breedjects. The latter of which are perfect to use with my 6IV Ditto.

... I can only envy. The best thing I ever got is a French Doryuzu (Excadrill) with 5IV. No hidden ability, but that made him excellent fighter in Battle House triples.

I like doing charity in event days, though. I sent many Eivui with Rare Candy in Christmas, and soon I'll send many Fokko with balloons on Fokko Day. Wonder trade can be used to spread love.

Guys, you should make sure your Pokemon aren't hacked. Some are pretty obvious, such as pentagon mons having old ribbons or Gen 6 shiny-locked POkemon being shiny and having the pentagon and no event thing.

Guys, you should make sure your Pokemon aren't hacked. Some are pretty obvious, such as pentagon mons having old ribbons or Gen 6 shiny-locked POkemon being shiny and having the pentagon and no event thing.
Strangely I never got them, or maybe my luck was bad or I don't do it on right time. I don't mind them if they can be breeding drafts, that is a plus for me. They help filling pokedex too... with shiny entry portrait.

Of course though, best not to actually use them in actual battles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)