Wobblebun's Wondrous Adventures with MS Paint (Closed for requests)

[Closed for Requests]

Hi there and welcome to my sprite thread! Wobblebuns here, you may know me from the Smogon XY Sprite Project heheh. Anyways, so I recently broke out from a long hiatus and I've been spriting up a storm these past few weeks. These, along with other old works have been picking up dust for a long while now so I think it'd be nice for them to see the light, finally.

COME JOIN ME IN MY MS PAINT ESCAPADES, NOW WOULD YOU?

Custom Trainer Sprites

Gijinka

Last edited:

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Wow, some amazing stuff here! I especially like how detailed your trainer sprites are. Are you, by any chance, open to requests?

Wow, some amazing stuff here! I especially like how detailed your trainer sprites are. Are you, by any chance, open to requests?
Thanks! And, forgot to post about it in the op...but yes, I'm open for requests as of now! I got a mini-break after my preliminary exams, so I have a lot of time in my hands.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
That's great then. I'd like a sprite based around Rosalina & Luma, please. This is how she looks like, in case you don't know:
Whether or not you include Luma is totally up to you. I'm not sure how you sprite, but if you feel comfortable with a bit of inspiration, you could take a look at Rosa's BW2 sprite.
Good luck :]

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Woops, well that went way beyond what was wanted lol. Sorry, were you expecting a trainer sprite? I could make one as well. No worries, it wouldn't be too much of a bother to me.
If you're fine with making it, you're more than welcome to!

I'm always amazed by the things people accomplish in MS Paint. Really love the Darkstalkers stuff, and that Rosalina sprite looks like it hopped right out of an official DS game!

Any chance you'd be open to another trainer sprite request? I'd be eternally grateful if you made Vyse (from Skies of Arcadia) as a BW/BW2 style trainer sprite.
In Game:

Official Art:
Thank you so much!

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok first off, I have to say that sprite of Rosalina and Luma is absolutely adorable and amazing. Next, because I cannot decide I am giving you two requests, but you only have to do one, :o

My first option is Harry Potter + Hedwig (rip ;~;)

My second option is Elise from Fire Emblem Fates (was leaning towards her more, but idk which may be easier to sprite lol)

Thank you in advance! n_n

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yo are you able to make an 80x80 PS custom sprite based off of Yoh Asakura (reference pics below)

and with it a pokemon sprite of leafeon, with this sprite?

if possible with the third image being the body position of the trainer sprite, maybe with like gary or silver as the base trainer? idk whatever you can do to make it work would be awesome :o

I'm always amazed by the things people accomplish in MS Paint. Really love the Darkstalkers stuff, and that Rosalina sprite looks like it hopped right out of an official DS game!

Any chance you'd be open to another trainer sprite request? I'd be eternally grateful if you made Vyse (from Skies of Arcadia) as a BW/BW2 style trainer sprite.
In Game:

Official Art:
Thank you so much!
I had fun spriting Vyse, especially the logo print on the flag!

Ok first off, I have to say that sprite of Rosalina and Luma is absolutely adorable and amazing. Next, because I cannot decide I am giving you two requests, but you only have to do one, :o

My first option is Harry Potter + Hedwig (rip ;~;)

My second option is Elise from Fire Emblem Fates (was leaning towards her more, but idk which may be easier to sprite lol)

Thank you in advance! n_n
Decided to challenge myself and took on Elise and...it isn't as polished as I wanted it to be. Her clothes have intricate designs which were hard to translate into a sprite with very limited dimensions. And so, I just left some of 'em out for the sake of clarity. I'm not satisfied with it yet, as of now, but here it is! I might make edits in the near future.

I hope you like it so far, though.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Decided to challenge myself and took on Elise and...it isn't as polished as I wanted it to be. Her clothes have intricate designs which were hard to translate into a sprite with very limited dimensions. And so, I just left some of 'em out for the sake of clarity. I'm not satisfied with it yet, as of now, but here it is! I might make edits in the near future.

I hope you like it so far, though.

OMG she is absolutely stunning. I love it so much! Thank you n_n

I love your custom art and will definitely be back with another request :)

Last edited:
Yo are you able to make an 80x80 PS custom sprite based off of Yoh Asakura (reference pics below)

and with it a pokemon sprite of leafeon, with this sprite?

if possible with the third image being the body position of the trainer sprite, maybe with like gary or silver as the base trainer? idk whatever you can do to make it work would be awesome :o
Asked permission first from SlaySlenderDragon XD to take over on the same request. Unfortunately, his mouse is broken and he is just being bogged down with busy schedule. He gave me the cue to go, so here it is. :)

ThatCrazyRussian, image uploaded to imgur. 80 x 80 dimensions. this is long overdue lol

Also, just to break from the stream of custom trainer sprite commissions, here's a Braixen gijinka!

Last edited:

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Asked permission first from SlaySlenderDragon XD to take over on the same request. Unfortunately, his mouse is broken and he is just being bogged down with busy schedule. He gave me the cue to go, so here it is. :)

Also, just to break from the stream of custom trainer sprite commissions, here's a Braixen gijinka!
wow that looks soooo good

yeah no offense to SlaySlenderDragon XD but the 3+ week wait with no sort of progress was kinda bumming me out D:

thank you for completing my request!

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hi Wobble! Love your sprites, they're really nice :]

Are you able to make a 80x80 PS sprite of Doctor Doom?

and also could there be a Fletchinder on his shoulder by chance?

sort of like this one except just perched on his shoulder and not flying if possible oo. If you don't want to redraw the Fletch, Mega Houndoom beside him is fine as well. As for Dr Doom's stance, I think arms crossed would look the best w/ Fletch on his shoulder, but its really up to you!

Thanks so much in advance!

nv

The Lost Age
Ok I said I would be back with another request, so here it is!

I was wondering if it would be possible to do another custom sprite based off of Ina from the amazing side game that is Pokemon Conquest

(I know the pictures are different and I personally enjoy the second one but idk if it is too complicated or not)

I also would love a custom sprite of Empoleon based on the second picture's pose (where his "fin" seems to be "adjusting his tie" because it makes him seem very proper.)

The last part is I would love to see them both together and as separate sprites (since Empoleon may be too big to pair with Ina for the required 80 x 80)

This may be a bit complicated, but I hope not. Thank you so much for taking the time to consider our requests as your sprites are absolutely amazing considering the custom aspect of them.

Again, thanks n_n

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
can I get a cute numel or joltik (the one you like more) so I can put it on my sig instead of the dumb monkey making snow angels?
thank you in advance :) your art is flawless

I've gotten used with the 96 x 96 size limits for Pokemon sprites, haha. So is 80 x 80 the standard for trainer sprites?

Hi Wobble! Love your sprites, they're really nice :]

Are you able to make a 80x80 PS sprite of Doctor Doom?

and also could there be a Fletchinder on his shoulder by chance?

sort of like this one except just perched on his shoulder and not flying if possible oo. If you don't want to redraw the Fletch, Mega Houndoom beside him is fine as well. As for Dr Doom's stance, I think arms crossed would look the best w/ Fletch on his shoulder, but its really up to you!

Thanks so much in advance!
I just used the in-game mini sprite for Fletchinder lol.

Hope you like it!

EDIT:

Shiba, he lacked the fanny pack. ;(

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
I've gotten used with the 96 x 96 size limits for Pokemon sprites, haha. So is 80 x 80 the standard for trainer sprites?
Yea for PS! the standard is 80 x 80 (this is mainly the reason people tend to stress these parameters when they are requesting a custom sprite in case they are able to use it for PS!). Strangely, 96 x 96 doesn't seem too much bigger, but I guess 80 x 80 fits the best in the spot you have for avatars on PS!

Ok I said I would be back with another request, so here it is!

I was wondering if it would be possible to do another custom sprite based off of Ina from the amazing side game that is Pokemon Conquest

(I know the pictures are different and I personally enjoy the second one but idk if it is too complicated or not)

I also would love a custom sprite of Empoleon based on the second picture's pose (where his "fin" seems to be "adjusting his tie" because it makes him seem very proper.)

The last part is I would love to see them both together and as separate sprites (since Empoleon may be too big to pair with Ina for the required 80 x 80)

This may be a bit complicated, but I hope not. Thank you so much for taking the time to consider our requests as your sprites are absolutely amazing considering the custom aspect of them.

Again, thanks n_n
Just a quick work with the BW Empoleon sprite to achieve the pose requested. On the other hand, Ina's sprite was a whole different story of course lol. I don't know how I got away with this considering that there's a lot going on in her design.

nv, images uploaded on imgur.

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
Just a quick work with the BW Empoleon sprite to achieve the pose requested. On the other hand, Ina's sprite was a whole different story of course lol. I don't know how I got away with this considering that there's a lot going on in her design.

Oh my goodness, she is absolutely stunning. Thank you so much Wobbles (prob not the first to call you that but w/e). Despite the intricacies of Ina, she turned out really nicely (her pose and everything is just on point) and Empoleon's new pose for Gen 4 and Gen 5 games y/y because he looks so regal now. I am so happy you were able to do the pictures justice. Again thank you so much and now I know for sure who I need to hit up if I ever need a customized request n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)