What TV Shows do you like?

Hey all! as a fan of Modern day Television, I'm interested into what shows you like and why you like them. Everyone has a different preference in what they like to watch and I think it would be interesting to hear.

I'll start. A show I enjoy (Just premiered yesterday as a matter of fact) is a show called Pitch which is on Fox 5. http://www.fox.com/pitch it's about the first Woman being accepted to play in major league baseball, and the challenges she faces with her new teammates, as well as living up to the new change she has placed in history. What about you guys?

Honestly I don't watch any shows on standard cable channels anymore, they all seem to be lacking in quality compared to 90's classics like Seinfeld or Home Improvement (not that I saw them back then since I was too young/not born yet). These days it seems clear that Netflix and it's similar competitors are taking over, and my favorite Netflix show thus far is House of Cards. Watched all 4 seasons so far and I just love politics so yeah

My favourite show at the moment is Steven Universe, even though it was designed for people younger than myself it has managed to appeal to an older audience. The show is about a 14 year old boy named Steven and his guardians Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl (The Crystal Gems). TCG are gems from another planet who turned on their own kind to protect the Earth. Steven's mother was also a gem but had to give up her physical form to give birth to Steven, who is half human and half gem. It is generally about their adventures protecting the Earth and Steven learning about the powers he posseses. The show has very few filler episodes for a children's cartoon and there is a whole plethora of characters who have great character development. It also has a great representation of the LGBTQ+ community and does it so subtly that no one can really complain.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
huge survivor fan myself, probably the best reality show out there (although top chef is a close 2nd for me)

nathan for you is the best comedy on tv IMO

crazy ex girlfriend is great, very excited for s2

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Survivor is definitely the best reality show. It's interesting, more real than ones like big brother, and has an excellent host. Challenges are very well thought out too. Its just such a good concept, and unlike The Purge, Survivor is actually well acted. Definitely my favorite reality show by a large margin.

Shameless and Stranger Things are up there too. How I Met Your mother was excellent except for the last season, and Breaking Bad along with Better Call Saul are extremely good, Better Call Saul might be even better.

I don't watch much TV but I'm hoping that the Arrested Development continuation continuation happens at some point. I've also been going through Always Sunny and enjoying that, both shows use the "idiots being assholes to each other" formula that's one of the best for comedy.

I like that there's been a small resurgence of game shows recently. Match Game, $100,000 Pyramid, and To Tell the Truth returning alongside long-running staples such as Family Feud, Jeopardy, and Let's Make a Deal. The concept that popular games shows can transition from archival pasts to current events really appeals to me.

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
Some of my favorites (in no particular order)

South Park is amazing. It's very funny, insightful, and overall a joy to watch. It's not for everyone, but certainly for me

Classic Spingebob, while cliche, is probably the funniest show I've ever watched.mazing humor, likeavle characters, and just an overall level of polish few shows have.

Gravity Falls has some of the most consistent quality I've ever seen in a show. Almost every episode is really good. There's so much mystery, and they fit the supernatural in so well. It's really good.

Steven Universe has pretty much everything I've ever wanted in a show. Great characters, setting, music, lore, stories, animation, just everything

Regular Show. Not the most popular pick, but it just really appeals to me. I love the characters and humor. Was sad when it ended recently.

I'm late on this one, but I recently started watching Futurama and it's been really good so far. Might give classic Spongebob a run for its money for the funniest show I've ever watched.

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
bumping this thread to recommend westworld, the plot is multifaceted and full of mindfucks + super interesting to watch. the eps are pretty long (1 hour each) but theres only 10 of them, go watch it.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I work night shifts sometimes so I end up watching way too much tv shows.

My favorite show of all time is obviously The Wire, no other show can come close for me. Some other all-time favs: Death in Paradise (I watch this show literally because im an anglophile+murder mystery procedural+ colonial fantasies+"You're Wondering Now" is the theme song and actually I do want to listen to that song 1m times thank you and then again, also Sara Martins in hot pants is how i know jesus loves me), Treme, House, and Nurse Jackie.

Recently my fav has been the walking dead, although in the current season the pacing is really 'hurry-up and wait' and the tone has been p. dark. peaky blinders is the other show im finding to be super fire, it follows a Birmingham gang and all the music is GOAT musician PJ Harvey/Nick Cave.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
uhh lessee here

live action: Parks and Recreation, Community, Game of Thrones (i prefer the books but if you're allergic to reading the show's still worth it), Stranger Things, and i'm currently binging my way through It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

animated: Adventure Time, Over the Garden Wall (an incredibly underrated miniseries), Bob's Burgers, Futurama, back in the day I was a huge fan of classic Spongebob and The Fairly Oddparents

other: food network in general but especially Chopped, Cutthroat Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares. i also tend to enjoy cheesy documentary series more than i probably should - NDT's Cosmos being one of the ones that stands out off the top of my head

been meaning to get into a few more animated shows - namely Gravity Falls, Rick and Morty, and maybe (MAYBE) i'll give Steven Universe a shot. Breaking Bad's also been at the top of my watchpile for years now, just never seems to actually happen

Steven Universe is a show god walking among men. I don't have much else to say other than watch it and bow down to your new god.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Steven Universe.
Gravity falls.
Pokemon X & Y
And the Flash series <3

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I actually ended up watching a lot of the food network last week while i was on vacation, chopped in particular. the competitive atmosphere of the show was something that i really enjoyed and the stipulations, although somewhat artificial feeling kept the show fresh every episode.

museum secrets on the history channel is also a fun show because i find history fascinating and learning about it in detail was a real treat.

I could include Friendship is Magic among the shows I like and watch at this time but since I don't watch it on TV it doesn't count for me.

So it's just El Chavo del Ocho and The Pink Panther right now.

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Impractical Jokers, The Flash, Full House.

I also watch NHL hockey but that's not a show, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)