WCoP 2017 - Captain Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the thread to sign up for World Cup captaincy. In previous years we've elected captains midway through the sign-up period but this year we felt it would be better to have leadership sorted out prior to the official opening of the tournament. If you want to lead a team this year you must post here.

The expected teams are as follows:
Africa and Middle East (Afrabs)
Asia
Brazil
Canada
Europe
France
Germany
Greece
Italy
Latin America [Tiebreak]
Oceania
Spain
UK
US Central
US East
US Metro [Tiebreak]
US West

If you would like to apply to lead a team not included in the above list then please PM me and the TDs with a prospective lineup of your desired team. However, please note that we will not be accepting alternative versions of teams (such as Spain #2) or expanded teams (such as Spain + Portugal).

Also, please only post if you are applying for captaincy. Like the SPL thread, this will be moderated and memes/nonsense will be deleted and possibly infracted. If you have any legitimate questions or concerns then feel free to PM us and we will address them.

This thread will stay open for roughly a week. After that, we will post the list of captains and open the player sign-up thread.

Tagging captains from last year for convenience: Shoka JohnYiu HANTSUKI Jirachee Pearl Cristal Sapientia Rigas Tricking Robert. trc Maestro Arena Anty JabbaTheGriffin Finchinator Stone_Cold Mithril

(Captains from last year are not guaranteed to be accepted.)

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
This is probably not the appropriate place to do this, but please bear with me Cieler n_n

With that said, I'm officially (that is, unless the tournament directors decide to either veto his captain sign up or somehow manage to find a better suited captain, which is, in my opinion, nearly impossible at the moment) passing down Team Europe's torch to Smogon's most handsome user, Tony Unflygon. There was a substantial improvement in the team's atmosphere under my leadership, but we still weren't able to obtain the results we truly wanted (#semisatleast). However, I feel like things will be different this year, and this is the first step towards that change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)