WCop X General Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Disclaimer: All unbiased opinions presented in this post are solely those of the WhiteQueen and leremyju and do not necessarily represent those of the Smogon staff, TDs, and its community.

We have another team from Europe, this time its Spain. All I can say is that its the host of HPL and some average players there. Will they experience a run like the Spain from 2014 FIFA World Cup or the 2010 Champions?

Captain: Malekith
Co-Captain: Kefka -- sorry don't know you

ORAS 1: SoulWind -- After losing a Reuniclus CM war in SPL, SoulWind has decided to take his talents to ORAS. Good luck sir.
ORAS 2: Alastor Law -- Has a YouTube so should be decent.
ORAS 3: reiku -- sorry don't know you
ORAS 4: pokebasket -- Probably the most interesting player from Spain. I see him finish in the top of almost every tournament and am interested to see how he fares against people that are not randoms.
ORAS 5: [K-12] The Machine -- is an old ass nigga so we'll see how he does.
BW OU: Lightchu -- sorry don't know you
DPP OU: Malekith -- I'd honestly say that Malekith is the best on this team. Better than M Dragon. The DPP players are all really solid, hopefully this man can do well.
ADV OU: M Dragon -- the old gens master on this team. Here are some words from the Telegend: Fuck you.
GSC OU: Colchonero -- Another solid old gens player for Spain and one of the more experienced. GSC is gay, hope he survives.
RBY OU: FAFUS -- Another old ass nigga on Spain. Maybe he will know about the new RBY mechanics after Hipmonlee fucked up.

Subs: Axel10 -- sorry don't know you
Subs: Tyrano -- sorry don't know you
Subs: Real FV13 -- I think his bench warming is more real than his skills.
Subs: angel0mike -- Made the semifinals of a tour but anyone can do it with hax.
Subs: DestinyUnknown -- I only know Destiny Device sorry
I bet you'd get more likes if your avatar wasn't so disturbing.

Tele

a quality human being
[18:39:24] +tele: u think i care about not being in world cup?
yeah exactly. after watching games like cronenberg vs masterclass or tricking vs sora i dont feel like im missing anything relevant. cronenberg brought a team with hippowdon slowbro and skarmory, probably one of the worst cores ive seen in oras (too many similarities especially between slowbro and skarmory, u dont need 3 counters for the same pokemon). when u have such a redundancy of counters for the same pokemons, you always end up being exposed to other common threats. masterclass wasnt able to punish this blatant teambuilding mistake. (he wasnt even able to break spedef skarm tbh but o well) . masterclass makes fun of ladder becos of gothitelle stall and geopass. cant help but notice that gothitelle would have actually 6-0ed cronenberg's fat ass team.
i also find hilarious how cronenbergs team had 0 answers to manaphy, despite it being one of the top threats at the moment (see void vs whitequeen game for references. wq actually knows how to punish teambuilding mistakes.)
talking about the tricking vs sora game. sora if u want a good example of stall team u should probably look up to this replay. ur team actually doesnt make any sense. as for cronenberg u have a redundancy of counters which makes you exposed to other threats. for example you have 2 unaware pokemons and amoonguus. gotta give u some credit becos at least u bothered to bring some manaphy counters (and bdrum azuma as well. look how cronenbergs team gets eaten by it), but cmon 2 unaware users + amoong? rly? also notice how this core makes you far too passive. u have 0 win conditions. u have defog zor which is one of the most passive mons that come into my mind. you have taunt gliscor while ppl abuse sd gliscor, and for good reasons. sd gliscor is a win condition, taunt gliscor isnt a win condition. taunt gliscor was a win condition against stall/balance during xy, its not a win condition anymore with m sableye around. how can you win without a win cond.

did anyone save logs when masterclass got at tele? I missed it
what is there to save about it. i just said how it was kinda surprising for me that a respectable player like masterclass used a team made by someone else and then started whining about the hax although he couldnt break a spedef skarm. especially becos the round consists of only 3 battles so making 3 teams isnt that big of an effort i guess? but o well he probably doesnt have enough faith in his teambuilding process. happens. and i didnt respond to him becos dick measuring races (or however u want to call them) dont intrigue me tbh. all i do is analyze battles

Last edited:
did anyone save logs when masterclass got at tele? I missed it
http://pastebin.com/WNZTcEuf

edit:

[12:38] +tele: +lOcKhEeEd: well i'd be pretty worried if my native country would rejevt me
+Fakkesi joined; +giara left
[12:38] +tele: lmao why would u talk about things u dont know
[12:38] +Masterclass: nigga talking to lockheed after i just threw 40 lines at him

Last edited:

Tele

a quality human being
Just watched the replay and that Manaphy completely wrecked. That battle looked like a test battle scouting for basic weaknesses. One was spotted
yh but look, manaphy has had a 75% winrate so far (3w-1l, dennisEG faced offense so his loss was understandable, as we all know manaphy's effectiveness decreases a lot against offense). I dont think its entirely the player's fault though (void in this case) as it must be recognized that very few things can stop it on Balanced and Stall (if u think about it, you will see how only Unaware Clefable has a 100% winrate). Maybe its time that the ou tiering council finally starts discussing about a potential manaphys suspect?

yeah exactly. after watching games like cronenberg vs masterclass or tricking vs sora i dont feel like im missing anything relevant. cronenberg brought a team with hippowdon slowbro and skarmory, probably one of the worst cores ive seen in oras (too many similarities especially between slowbro and skarmory, u dont need 3 counters for the same pokemon). when u have such a redundancy of counters for the same pokemons, you always end up being exposed to other common threats. masterclass wasnt able to punish this blatant teambuilding mistake. (he wasnt even able to break spedef skarm tbh but o well) . masterclass makes fun of ladder becos of gothitelle stall and geopass. cant help but notice that gothitelle would have actually 6-0ed cronenberg's fat ass team.
i also find hilarious how cronenbergs team had 0 answers to manaphy, despite it being one of the top threats at the moment (see void vs whitequeen game for references. wq actually knows how to punish teambuilding mistakes.)
talking about the tricking vs sora game. sora if u want a good example of stall team u should probably look up to this replay. ur team actually doesnt make any sense. as for cronenberg u have a redundancy of counters which makes you exposed to other threats. for example you have 2 unaware pokemons and amoonguus. gotta give u some credit becos at least u bothered to bring some manaphy counters (and bdrum azuma as well. look how cronenbergs team gets eaten by it), but cmon 2 unaware users + amoong? rly? also notice how this core makes you far too passive. u have 0 win conditions. u have defog zor which is one of the most passive mons that come into my mind. you have taunt gliscor while ppl abuse sd gliscor, and for good reasons. sd gliscor is a win condition, taunt gliscor isnt a win condition. taunt gliscor was a win condition against stall/balance during xy, its not a win condition anymore with m sableye around. how can you win without a win cond.

what is there to save about it. i just said how it was kinda surprising for me that a respectable player like masterclass used a team made by someone else and then started whining about the hax although he couldnt break a spedef skarm. especially becos the round consists of only 3 battles so making 3 teams isnt that big of an effort i guess? but o well he probably doesnt have enough faith in his teambuilding process. happens. and i didnt respond to him becos dick measuring races (or however u want to call them) dont intrigue me tbh. all i do is analyze battles
What bullshit are you talking about? I made the team I used by myself. No one made it for me..

Edit: Also the reason you didn't respond to anything i said in that pastebin is because you couldn't. Your ass has the pokemon resume of a bug catcher in viridian forest. You can't talk shit back because you have nothing to back it up. You're just a crappy ladder player that spends eons playing vs geomancy and gothitelle stall against celebitrainer36. Stop posting on world cup threads, you are not part of the world cup get over it. You were rejected by 3 teams get over it.

Last edited:
yh but look, manaphy has had a 75% winrate so far (3w-1l, dennisEG faced offense so his loss was understandable, as we all know manaphy's effectiveness decreases a lot against offense). I dont think its entirely the player's fault though (void in this case) as it must be recognized that very few things can stop it on Balanced and Stall (if u think about it, you will see how only Unaware Clefable has a 100% winrate). Maybe its time that the ou tiering council finally starts discussing about a potential manaphys suspect?
I agree because Tail Glow+3Attacks basically has no real counters outside Unaware Clefable and there's also the CM Mono attacker that screws over stall completely unless they're using Unaware Clef or Ferrothorn (who loses to Scald burns).

Ignore them Tele, you're literally better than all of the Italian OU starters.

Funnier too.

We know you're a Brit at heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)