Walrus WALRUS - Yeti's Anti-Pandering - Won by Oddish.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
7th

shubaka17
The Struts - Kiss This
I never get why songs have that dischordant intro to the rest of the song like this one did but whatever, maybe it's the video maker's choice? The instrumental seems p good, like almost Duran Durany. It moves and stuff. The singer's voice could be better it sounds like he screamed too much at the rave last night or something. The chorus isn't as good as the verses imo.

Yeti

dark saturday
5th

atomicllamas
Chlöe Howl - Rumour
So atomic is fairly far down in the list of songs to listen to the first time around and this is the first female singer sent to this cat. I like the beat that synth is doin stuff back there. Yeaaa boi. Something about the vocals... they're better than anything sent in Cat 3 but idk why I don't love them? Man I need to relisten to this song apart from all the slow ones I think this is being dragged down. Kinda Lily Alleny on the verses. Yea this song is cool.

Yeti

dark saturday
CATEGORY 6: BANDS NOBODY HAS HEARD OF

header

my pandora has played a LOT of random bands i have a super hard time tracking down even a youtube video for, so i have an appreciation for small-time bands with great songs that have just never Struck It Big or reached the spotlight. there's a lot of great synthpop lurking in obscurity.

Yeti

dark saturday
17th

Walrein
Nemes - Black Streak
How do you still manage to find something that sounds like dadrock that was recorded in the Year of Our Lord 2014? Even worse, countryish dadrock. Ok I gave this a 3 at first until it hit 2 minutes into the video and went to the dude just like repeating the same thing stupidly and there were ANOTHER TWO MINUTES LEFT. Dang dude.

Yeti

dark saturday
14th

LightWolf
Money - Mystery Skulls
Does anyone else wonder what deviant corner of the Internet LightWolf trawls for his submissions to these walruses? Does he even like the songs he sends? What does he listen to normally? Do they have music in Hungary beyond whatever vintage hits they play in discotecas for tourists to bang natives to or their ancient war chants for when they ride into battle? These are the kinds of questions I ponder when I click a LightWolf link that isn't Queen (which he probably heard in the aforementioned discoteca trying to pick up a foreign girl who would rescue him from his satellite communist life, this is turning into the storyline for Hedwig tbh).

Yeti

dark saturday
10th

Asek
Sweet Trip - Air Supply
Man I'm legit amazed how many of you sent indie bands/songs that are really forgettable you're listening to them and just kind of atmosphere, unintrusive sounds. They're so hard to judge in comparison to each other. It's like which song did I forget least while I was listening to it. They all blend together when they're done. Struggle.

Yeti

dark saturday
6th

Granny Pie
Scratch21 - Sorry Jack
Yeah definitely from the era of Blink182 and similar. Kinda Bowling for Soupy at some points. I feel like it's not Quite as good as bands I could compare it to. Hard for me to place it, I don't dislike it and it moves well but... idk where to place it lol help. Is this like the male version of Sk8r Boi????????????????? The lyrics are kinda weird, they're half anti-NiceGuy and half-lel guys don't pick up on hints. Which is it? Idk I think 7 is the right spot for this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)