SM RU Veil 2.0 (Dual Screens)(USUM)

Intro:
It has definitely been a min since I made one of these, in fact, my last (and only RMT) was in oras. I was planning to make one on my veil team, but aveil got banned from Ru, so I didn't make one. I did however, remake the veil team into a screen for SuMo RU, but this is USUM now! Teams have to change and adapt to a new meta, which this team has.

I typically play Hyper Offense, and no doubt, screens is a hyper offensive playstyle. Now this team may have a few unusual mons on the team, but trust me they work, and work great with that said. I have used this team to great success (rn I'm 15 on the ladder, looking to get back to top 10 with this team) Now onto the team!

The Team:

Aurorus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard
- Encore
- Freeze-Dry
Alright, this was the suicide lead for Aurora Veil teams, but even when Veil left, this was my suicide lead. It almost always guarantees rocks with sash, breaks sashes/sturdy of other leads with hail, hits hard, and is difficult to switch into with its ice moves. Encore is also there so its not set up bait (though be careful w/ lax, it is setup bait for that mon). Max Speed is there to speed tie with goro, and outspeed all that it can, while hitting decently hard. It's a great suicide lead, while also being an anti suicide lead.

Meowstic @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Safeguard
- Psychic
Here is the screens setter himself, Meowstic. Prankster Screens are the closest thing to Slush Rush Veil, and are better in some cases (just misses the hazard control A-Slash had w/ Spin). The defense Evs are to be able to 100% a +1 Adamant Flygon Outrage, and neutral Z EQ. Rest was poured into spdef to take on common special attackers better, like Salazzle and Queen. The moves are pretty normal, only thing is Safeguard can be replaced with moves like yawn and t wave, but I prefer the third screen to guarantee safe set up on mons like Regi, Cress, P2, etc... Also from like status hax in general, which does come into play when not setting it up. Just a side note, Light Clay does NOT work with Safeguard, it will always last the 5 turns.

Kommo-o @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Outrage
Kommo-o got some nice toys in USUM, one of which is having an actual viable physical fighting move in Close Combat. This actually makes Dragon Dance sets, well, a set now. Kommo-o already has fantastic 75/125/105 bulk, and when behind screens, it makes it ridiculously hard to kill (252 SpA Cresselia Twinkle Tackle (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kommo-o through Light Screen: 254-300 (87.2 - 103%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO). Soundproof was the ability I chose in the Kommonium Z meta, but kept it after the Z move got banned for a reliable switch in to Swellow, as well as Clanging Scales Kommo-o, though the latter being uncommon as of right now. EQ was chosen as coverage to actually damage to Doublade, which is actual set up bait for Kommo-o, when behind screens.

RU KING (Linoone) @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Seed Bomb
- Stomping Tantrum
Now for the star of the team. If you know me, you know this mon is associated with me. Linoone is by far my favorite mon to use in Ru, as its one of the best set up sweepers in the tier (imo). Getting to +6 in one turn, while having stab Espeed (+2 Priority) to back it up... what walls this? Ground types? Well it just got Stomping Tantrum to cover that in USUM, which, by the way, has a 50% chance to OHKO Registeel, doing 70% min to Doublade, and 63% min to Max Hp Megalix. This mon already has decent bulk (when invested in hp) that only gets boosted by screens support, which makes it even easier to set up with this monster. Seed Bomb is preferred over Throat Chop to be able to 2HKO Quag. The only real mons that wall this would be Tsareena, bc of Queenly Majesty, and Decideye, since all moves are resisted/immune (tho Seed Bomb does 54% min at +6). The ev spread is up to you, I have my own spread that I use, but it is totally customization. Typically, I say use 108 max to be able to outspeed Decid and Hoopa, nothing more than that, you want the hp, which is why I typically stay closer to max/max.

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
Meloetta is such a clean mon honestly. Though, I rarely see it anymore, and if I do, its usually only the CM + Z Focus Blast set, which is fine, its a great set, but this mon has more than just that. Its Specs set is the one used on this team, as it has very few switchins to its STAB's. And coming off of a base 128 SpA, its scary. I was never a big fan of U-turn, even on choice locked sets, as it wants all of the moves. Stabs are mandatory I would say, Focus Blast is for Umbreon, Megalix, and Regi, and Shadow Ball is for Cress and Doublade. Melo also helps as a special switch in, like with Swellow and Garde, and is only furthered as one with screen support. Melo wallbreaks for the team, and has great speed at base 90, so it outspeeds a great portion of the tier.

Decidueye @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle
This last slot has changed a few times, but I decided that Decideye was the right mon. It helps against the Milotic matchup, can damage Bronzong (which team actually really can't lol), and beats down bulkier teams, which the team can struggle with. Overall, it does what Decid's do, which is trap and eliminate bulky mons.

Threats:

: Durant outspeeds every member on the team, and its STAB's are unresisted. Typically if they lead Durant (which people usually do since it has such great matchup) forego getting the rocks up and just blizzard it. Blizzard not only puts it in range of +6 Linoone, it does 51% min, which is also enough for neutral CC from Kommo-o to knock it out.
: Though uncommon right now (for no good reason, its a great mon, and such an anti-meta mon) it again, outspeeds the entire team, and Knock Off is only resisted by Kommo-o, who does not appreciate Icicle Crash. It also Pursuit traps the main wallbreaker, Meloetta.
: Krow is a very scary wallbreaker to deal with. It's incredibly difficult to not give this thing a +1 boost when it can revenge Aurorus, or whoever really with its strong priority in Sucker Punch. Typically, I would try to save Aurorus's sash to just knock this thing out. But fortunately, Kommo-o does resist sucker, and can knock it out with a CC, just play carefully around it.
: Don't let this thing set up. It runs through, and even with screens, it has a higher chance to crit through them with its multi hit moves. If they lead it, Encore it turn 1, hopefully they are the right set in naive/jolly.
: As said earlier, this is the one set up sweeper that doesn't mind being Encore'd into curse. CC from Kommo-o literally doesn't 2HKO this. Be careful around this fat thing.

Conclusion:
Veil is back... sort of. Screens are an unexplored playstyle in any tier really, and I hope by releasing this, it will stay that way. If I run into it more than twice in less than 5 games, I will make a C team. Anyway:
Linoone: C+ ---> B+
Meowstic UR ---> C
Aurorus UR ---> C-
=]
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-666140613 - shows how scary ant can be, and how Linoone can win with just minimal chip on defensive mons
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-666122456 - Again, Linoone cleaning up after its counters have been weakened, and being able to set up under the screens
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-666146426 - Screens coming into play where I would have otherwise lost if they were not set up
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-665183495 - Decideye eliminating Florges and allowing Kommo-o to clean sweep once Florges was gone

My main man Volttackle37, get back into competitive man c'mon
The whole SQUAAAD: CherylBush (ty for getting me locked for a week) Miyami (Putting up with me linking all the Linoone sweeps) Zelfie (Idk if I'm ever gonna alt share with Cheryl again bc of squadassault) and the rest of the Squaad
eifo - Realizing Screens are the wave
EonX - Missing basically all of SuMo

Aurorus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard
- Encore
- Freeze-Dry

Meowstic @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 86 Def / 174 SpD
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Safeguard
- Psychic

Kommo-o @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Soundproof
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Outrage

RU KING (Linoone) @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Seed Bomb
- Stomping Tantrum

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball

Decidueye @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)