USUM UU Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blacephalon prolly drops in the long run, seems pretty good in UU. I would say best set in UU its Scarf with Shadow Ball, Fire Blast, HP Fighting
It cannot learn HP Fighting, as it is locked to 3 perfect IVs. It's the same situation as Necrozma in SM. Honestly I think it's gonna be a huge factor in whether it drops due to Tyranitar's existence. To be fair its neutral coverage is already really good in UU though. Basically everything is hit neutrally by its stab. I guess it can run HP Ice for Hydreigon and Gliscor. If Gliscor ends up leaving the tier HP Bug would be better to cover Hydreigon, Crawdaunt, and Sharpedo all at once. Either way that moveslot is very situational.

A mon that will get defog and maybe coulde be useful at offense is Sigilyph. Magic Guard + Sash let the bird (?) defog at least once. It can ran LO sets (with certain coverage), bulky sets with roost, etc. Its a perfect counter against Cobalion, and learns Ice Beam to beat rockers Luke Gliscor and Krookodile.
The best part of its role is its immunity to every single hazard in the tier, including webs. The bad part is are its terrible stats and being pursuit bait. It could be very niche, but maybe it could fit in certain offense archetypes.

It cannot learn HP Fighting, as it is locked to 3 perfect IVs. It's the same situation as Necrozma in SM. Honestly I think it's gonna be a huge factor in whether it drops due to Tyranitar's existence.
Ttar is the only OU pokemon whom resists both of Blacephalon's stab so hopefully it don't have HP fighting.

Rotom getting access to Defog is pretty cool actually, especially for Mowtom since it forces out the bulky ground types that set up rocks without much issue and can't be spore'd by Smeargle.
Outside of the army of defoggers and the large Kommo-o buff however, I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for some decent mons to get access to the terrains moves, we've seen firsthand how powerful things like M-Sharpedo or even Xurkitree could be through the use of terrain (Not saying that Z-Terrain was Xurk's best set btw) but next to nothing worth using actually has access to the moves.
I suppose Delphox getting Psychic Terrain isn't too bad at least, but at this point terrain might as well be exclusive to the Tapu's for how little it adds to the game outside of buffing those four.

On a more positive note Power Trip Empoleon sounds hilarious on it's Defiant set, especially now that Defog is gonna be everywhere.

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Empoleon Power Trip (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 184 Def Amoonguss: 227-269 (52.5 - 62.2%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Empoleon Power Trip (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sceptile-Mega: 272-320 (96.7 - 113.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Empoleon Power Trip (100 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latias: 468-551 (154.9 - 182.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Empoleon Power Trip (100 BP) vs. 248 HP / 200+ Def Rotom-Wash: 153-181 (50.4 - 59.7%) -- 84% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Empoleon Power Trip (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Wash: 203-239 (84.2 - 99.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Rotom getting access to Defog is pretty cool actually, especially for Mowtom since it forces out the bulky ground types that set up rocks without much issue and can't be spore'd by Smeargle.
Outside of the army of defoggers and the large Kommo-o buff however, I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for some decent mons to get access to the terrains moves, we've seen firsthand how powerful things like M-Sharpedo or even Xurkitree could be through the use of terrain (Not saying that Z-Terrain was Xurk's best set btw) but next to nothing worth using actually has access to the moves.
I suppose Delphox getting Psychic Terrain isn't too bad at least, but at this point terrain might as well be exclusive to the Tapu's for how little it adds to the game outside of buffing those four.

On a more positive note Power Trip Empoleon sounds hilarious on it's Defiant set, especially now that Defog is gonna be everywhere.

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Empoleon Power Trip (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 184 Def Amoonguss: 227-269 (52.5 - 62.2%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Empoleon Power Trip (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sceptile-Mega: 272-320 (96.7 - 113.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Empoleon Power Trip (100 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latias: 468-551 (154.9 - 182.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Empoleon Power Trip (100 BP) vs. 248 HP / 200+ Def Rotom-Wash: 153-181 (50.4 - 59.7%) -- 84% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Empoleon Power Trip (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Wash: 203-239 (84.2 - 99.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Hypno also gets Psychic Terrain now too LOL

Just gonna post this heat set I invented here so no one claims it as his own when in reality it was MINE

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD (ev spread is completely customizable)
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Dazzling Gleam
- Defog
- Imprison

The point of Imprison Klefki is to prevent the opponent from using Defog and clearing your spikes as long as Klefki is on the field. It also prevents other Klefki from laying their own Spikes. Really useful against stall and with all the new Defog users we're getting with USUM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)