USM OU Nuzlocke Tour - Quarterfinals!

Nuzlocke Tour

USUM OU
| Quarterfinals |

Rules:
  • Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon OU, best of one, single elimination.
  • Every player may only have a Pokémon faint once throughout the tour, so if, for example, my Cofagrigus faints during my round 1 match, I won't be allowed to use it anymore throughout the entire tournament.
  • In the case of a double down ending a match, the winner may not keep it's last Pokémon.
  • For the sake of simplicty, every Pokémon that share a dex number also count as the same Pokémon, so if your Ash-Greninja faints, so does your Protean one.
  • If your opponent brings a Pokémon they shouldn't, you have every right to claim a win, however if you wish to, you may still have another match.
  • Due to the nature of this tour, it will only be done with a power of 2 number of players (to avoid people mispending their Pokémon when planning for the final).
  • Similarly, not to screw with people's planning, tier changes will not affect the tour at any point, so if Ash-Greninja is legal in round 1, it will stay legal until the end of the tour.
  • For the sake of fairness, in the case of an activity win or a win due to an opponent bringing unusable Pokémon, the winner will randomly lose a Pokémon from S, A+, A, and A- ranks of the Viability Ranking thread (4 Pokémon). In case all Pokémon in one of these rankings are already unusable, a lower ranking will be picked (B+, B, B-, and so on...).
  • I'll keep everyone updated with their deaths, therefore it is mandatory that you share your replays in this thread.
Strategy:
  • Save your better Pokémon for more important matches, it might not be ideal to lose your Landorus-T and Toxapex in the first round.
  • Try to save your Pokémon if you can still secure a win, even if it may be the easier way to end a match, think twice about sacrificing a Pokémon.
  • Capitalize on the Pokémon your opponent lost. Lando-T fainted? Bringing Mega Charizard-X sounds like a good idea!
Pairings:
LL vs. (Googly vs. davidTheMaster)​
Jrdn vs. Pohjis
Death List:
LL -
Pelipper;
Swampert;
Tapu Lele; Azumarill; Quagsire; Ferrothorn; Landorus; Latios; Mawile;
Pohjis - Zapdos; Tapu Fini; Scizor; Tornadus; Tangrowth;
mael -
Landorus; Toxapex; Magearna; Tapu Lele; Venusaur; Heatran; Latias; Zapdos; Ferrothorn; Alomomola; Hawlucha; Greninja; Excadrill; Manaphy;
Twixtry -
Hydreigon;
Tapu Lele;
Landorus;
Toxapex; Shuckle;
Deadline is Thursday 25th, 17PM, BRST (GMT -2)

Last edited:

GW

I may be warrior
is a Tiering Contributor
because of how many mons ive lost and the mons from last round i forgot about, i accidentally used one of them, but it never came out or clicked a button. I'm sorry, and idk what the rule for this should be :p

we did another game or 2 before this, so idk if we'll be able to battle. It's my bad, but any other mon over zygarde wouldn't have changed much

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-691783903

Last edited:

Googly

Arcadia
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I'm done trying to schedule with david. Idk why he joined this tour in the first place. He's never available and even when he says he can play, he's not there.

Thanks for the extension anyways. Hopefully the RNG will be merciful D:

Last edited:
because of how many mons ive lost and the mons from last round i forgot about, i accidentally used one of them, but it never came out or clicked a button. I'm sorry, and idk what the rule for this should be :p

we did another game or 2 before this, so idk if we'll be able to battle. It's my bad, but any other mon over zygarde wouldn't have changed much

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-691783903
Umm, since Zygarde wasn't even sent out, I think it's only fair to allow this.

EDIT - read below.
Yeah I'm done trying to schedule with david. Idk why he joined this tour in the first place. He's never available and even when he says he can play, he's not there.

Thanks for the extension anyways. Hopefully the RNG will be merciful D:
Well, look at the brightside, almost everyone lost an S rank already, so it's not that bad. Once again, in hindsight I should have only done these to coinflips but it's too late now. Here's what the RNG got:
  • Landorus; Tapu Koko; Kyurem-B; Magnezone;
Damn, the RNG wasn't merciful at all :V, sorry.

New pairing:
LL vs. Googly

Last edited:
Actually, I got pointed out that despite not being in play, the Zygarde still changed the behavior of the player in question, so it's only fair that I follow my own rules and make it so Twixtry takes the win. I'm sorry TheGreninjaWarrior21 , making this decision was difficult, but it's the right thing to do, as not bringing fainted Pokémon is the #1 rule of the tour.

GW

I may be warrior
is a Tiering Contributor
Actually, I got pointed out that despite not being in play, the Zygarde still changed the behavior of the player in question, so it's only fair that I follow my own rules and make it so Twixtry takes the win. I'm sorry TheGreninjaWarrior21 , making this decision was difficult, but it's the right thing to do, as not bringing fainted Pokémon is the #1 rule of the tour.
ok oh well i had fun in this tour :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)