Project Underused Teambuilding Competition - Week 77: Building! (Shaymin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfort
I guess I'll choose Accelgor since he is using Flyinium Moltres ._. Congrats...!

This week I have decided you'll all be showing me your teams with Z-move Hydreigon! This ups Hydreigon's already insane wallbreaking prowess and can make it into a deadly lure. The Z crystal is your pick, so go wild! Voting will go up Sunday since we're a whole day behind now ;w;

e: had to redo the OP to cut down on the size too, its all nice and neat now!

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- X-Scissor
- Will-O-Wisp

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Roost

Hydreigon @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 78 HP / 178 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Aight headasses lets get to the shits, this is my USUM (not USM) sheddy stall team, featuring the defensive defog Hydreigon. So obviously playing with sheddy without removal is like asking to lose the game, therefore all forms of hazard control is necessary when using shedinja based teams (Magic Bounce, Rapid Spin, and Defog). My Magic Bouncer of choice is the one and only Xatu (shoutout Cynde)... with Keys all over the place providing spike stack support for enemy teams, Xatu is a great mon to completely render those bitchass keys useless, however it being a psychic type is kinda annoying because of the weakness my team has to pursuit trappers, so Colbur Berry is the way to go so I can get a "hah I fucked up and let myself get trapped, good thing I have Colbur Berry," once a match. Now my spinner of choice on this team is going to be Tentacruel because of it's bulk, Haze, and Toxic Spikes to improve my matchup vs stall, also provides a Scizor check. Now for the defogger I needed it to be fast and bulky, and with the dragon typing and underrated 92/90/90 bulk stats, along with 98 Speed, I thought Hydreigon was easily the best pick for my defogger, and I went with evs to maximize its defensive bulk whilst having max speed, and dragonium z to provide the fire power I am lacking because of the 0 SpA investment. So now looking at this team with what we have so far, Shedinja, Tentacruel, Xatu, and Hydreigon, this team is lacking 2 things... a mega, rocks, and a cleric. So to kill 2 birds with one stone I went with the Mega Aggron as my rocker and mega evolution. Now for my cleric I originally had Umbreon, but then realized... hmm... I kinda get fucked up by fighting, I went with Sylveon. Sylveon provided MUCH NEEDED support for Aggron and the mons surrounding it, being able to keep Aggron healthy and letting it put dents in the enemy team and set up rocks at will is fun. Also, unfortunately no nicknames this week :,(.

S/O TSR, CSB, and Shofu

Yes, I am indeed using this team once again, TSR said it was alright!!! I wouldnt have used this team against if it wasnt this team... :D

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
5C69154D-B69A-41EC-85B9-20A783107464.jpeg

Hydreigon @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Superpower

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Psywave

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Crobat @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost
- U-turn

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 8 SpA / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Excuse the poor ass editing of my user into the photo of the team because I couldn't get a screen shot of it of me using it so I had to get sei to do it and edited by user onto it. Now onto the team.

I'm using fightium z super power hydreigon to bait in blissey with draco and then pick up the kill because im pretty weak to blissey. Hydreigons weakesses are covered by the combination of sylveon of bronzong. Sylveon takes the fighting and dragon moves while bronzong takes fighting and dragon moves. Tentacruel is nice against set up sweepers like scizor and spins away rocks. Bulky water mons really shut down my team so mega manectric is very strong against them by volt switching and thunder bolting through them. Bulky ground types and grass types and stall is countered by crobat who uses taunt and brave bird to shatter walls. This team is a pretty simple bulky offense team, it's fun to play and works well against stall and hyper offense.

Also Viv's replay against me is forgery and lies.

Last edited:

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Hydreigon @ Poisonium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Belch

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Swords Dance

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Cobalion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

TSR didn't mind me posting a team so here we go. The team's basic makeup is nothing weird; just a simple triple dragon + dual steel + fairy. Acid Downpour Hydreigon + another dragon isn't exactly something that needs to be explained much. The set allows Hydreigon to lure things like Azumarill, Primarina, and Mega Altaria. As a result and with the other team support, I practically never clicked Poison Jab on Haxorus, so I just went with a dual dance set. You can use Poison Jab if you want, though, not a big deal. I have 2 Choice Scarf users just because I found that it was a lot easier to play around threats that way. Scarf Magneton on its own is not that fast against opposing setup sweepers; Scarf Latias is fine but without Scarf Magneton as well, the team straight up loses to Alolan Muk + Cobalion or w/e else teams. Healing Wish synergises well with Azumarill and Haxorus as well. I originally had Life Orb Draco Meteor, Thunder, Hidden Power Fire Latias, but Choice Scarf worked better overall. Cobalion's set is a weird choice, but Life Orb Hidden Power Ice + Iron Head KOes Gliscor, Iron Head 2HKOes Azumarill after Stealth Rock, and Close Combat 2HKOes Rotom-W after Stealth Rock. Overall, the increased damage from Life Orb is greatly appreciated on a team like this that would rather have Cobalion outright damage things for more. The team is a little weak to Gliscor; otherwise, I'd have gone with a simple Swords Dance set, but Swords Dance has awful synergy with Life Orb for Cobalion. I've tried other Moves over Hidden Power Ice like Taunt (useful for stopping opposing Defog, etc) and Thunder Wave, and while they have their own utilities so you can use them, Hidden Power Ice is just what I stuck with. I can see both Choice Band Azumarill and Belly Drum Azumarill working here, but for the record, my Azumarill spread only outspeeds up to Alomomola; if you decide to run Belly Drum instead, make sure you run more Speed to creep Mantine before they can Haze you.

Not much needs to be said regarding how to play this tbh. Get up Stealth Rock and pressure / lure the hell out of the things that trouble Haxorus. Use the 2 Scarfers on the team to pivot around threats. Make use of Azumarill's amazing typing to switch into Dragon- and Fighting-types that give the rest of the team issues and punish them accordingly. Healing Wish Latias is there for backup wherever necessary. Yes, I got really lazy here after typing everything twice, but thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Oops late again. Congrats to Eyan for winning this week!

This week will be a bit more simple and we'll be showing off our Crobat teams. While underrated, Crobat proves to be the single hardest check to Serperior in the tier, with strong Flying STAB and a selection of utility moves like Taunt, Haze, U-turn, and Defog that it can use to pull some weight for its teammates. Submissions due Saturday! I know it's short but I've gotta get this back on schedule somehow,,,,

eren

je suis d'ailleurs

while this team wasn't built around crobat—in fact was built around flame orb heracross, i feel this team exhibits many of crobat's unique qualities in the current metagame. firstly, its ability to pressure bulkier builds by taunting to prevent recovery and status while luring in bulky steels and uturning on them to bring in heracross to immediately wreak havoc. seismitoad comes in as the rocker of choice, preventing rotom from taking advantage of the team too easily. florges comes in as the main hydreigon answer. it was chosen over other fairies. particularly sylveon, because it is the defogger for the team. doublade is the steel type for the team, taking pressure off of seismitoad against threats like aerodactyl, while enjoying the wish support from florges. hydreigon is the scarfer, and also uturns to bring in heracross or crobat to continue the cycle. team may struggle with sd gliscor but gliscor as a whole can be pressured with z- brave bird and forcing roosts with moonblasts from florg (does around 45). click the lineup for the import.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)