Project Underused Teambuilding Competition - Week 77: Building! (Shaymin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Rock Polish

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost

Decidueye @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Scald

The general idea of this team was to build a webs team that gave Mega Latias an even easier time at cleaning teams (as if it needed one), so paired with two powerful physical fighting type breakers, Heracross and Cobalion, we have a webs team aimed to clear out any mons that could potentially wall or revenge kill Mega Latias. Specs Primarina also helps put an enormous amount of pressure on mons that would like to switch into Latias like AV Muk-A and Decidueye is here for spin blocking whilst also beating most spinners in the tier 1v1 with webs up (though it unfortunately can't switch into offensive starmie's ice beam).

not really ok with some sets (mlatias and coba one) but it seems to be the most consistent compared to the others, my vote goes to u

We got a lot of votes this week holE

Thanks to everyone who voted last second and broke the tie so I didn't have to n_n due to this, A Cake Wearing A Hat won this week, congrats!

For week 12, the team topic is type spam, a tried and true strategy involving teammates complimenting each other by forcing their way through their similar checks.
It can be devastating if played correctly, or fall flat if their checks are allowed to hang around too long! Teams using this strategy often go for a more offensive route, but doubling up on Steel- or Water-type Pokemon can make for some solid defensive backbones as well. Once again, voting's over on Saturday. :3

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Latias (F) @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunder

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave/Magnet Rise
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

This team is more of a theory-build rather than a tested concept, so there will be a couple of holes in it.

This team utilizes a 2Drag1Mag core to break through common defensive threats to enable one of the Dragon Pokemon to clean late game (mostly Zygarde-10%).

How the team works:
1) Magneton traps Scizor or Klefki, both of which are still considerable problems for both Latias and Zydog. Magneton also acts as a secondary and more offensive switch-in to Fairies.
2) CM Latias can take out most Bulky Waters with either +1 or +2 Draco Meteor (Seismitoad, Swampert) or +1 or +2 Z-Thunder. Also matches off against Blissey pretty well.
3) Swampert + Klefki creates the SpikeStack backbone of this team. Aids team's ability to clean late-game, especially with Zydog. Works really well against most of the Steel-types in this tier because of their lack of reliable recovery in general (esp. the mega-Steel Pokemon). Klefki has Magnet Rise as a secondary option in case EQ M-Alt become a bigger problem for your team. Besides, the team is fast enough for Thunder Wave to not create a noticeable difference.
4) Terrakion is a failsafe cleaner and Revenge Killer in case ZyDog goes down or M-Alt hits +1 and starts killing significant parts of my team. Because most of my team already has good defensive synergy with each other, the 6th slot is kind of like a "pick whatever type you want it has no effect in the long run lol" spot.

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Heal Bell / Substitute / Earthquake / Fire Blast
- Roost

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Sparkling Aria

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

Amoonguss @ Eject Button
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD / 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 88 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Punishment

I slap'd Altaria/primarina + 4 pivots/u-turn users, amoonguss eject button + magneton traps scizor, important. Other stuff is classic, nape is heat, glisc sets sr and gives momentum.

Askov

Explode
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion

Terrakion @ Fightnium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Primarina @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost

I decided to build around DD Terrakion + Mega-Aerodactyl as my type spam core because it remembers a team I used back in BW days with Tyranitar + Terrakion. Rock type attacks are difficult to deal with because nowadays people use Scizor as their main Steel types, and Pokemon like Swampert can be easily worn down.

I chose Terrakion for its great wallbreaking ability with SD + Fightnium, being able to smash really fat Ground and Water types that walls Aerodactyl like Swampert and Hippowdon. Rock Polish is used on the last slot because its dual STAB gives him almost perfect neutral coverage, only missing Doublade and Nidos. Earthquake is a option if you fear them but Nidos can get overwhelmed and the team handles Doublade decently enough. Aerodactyl is the second member of the rock spam core because it outspeed the entire unboosted metagame with its high speed and can clean teams after opposing team's rocks resists are weakened/fainted.

Latias was the next choice to support the core because of its great resistances to Water, Ground and Fighting type attacks, which can beat the core. Next I added Defensive Primarina because the team was really Sharpedo weak and it also gives me another Water and Fightning resistance. It also helps the team to deal with Scarf Ape, which can deal a lot of damage to the team.

At this point, the team was really weak to Scizor spamming BP, so I added Magneton which can make Scizor think twice before spamming Bullet Punch. It also helps to deal with other Steel types like Klefki and Empoleon, which can annoy Latias. On the last slot, I was looking for a more solid Ground resist and something that could block Volt Switch, also needed a Stealth Rocks user, so Gliscor was the perfect choice. I chose to run Toxic on last slot because it could cripple bulky Pokemon that can tank hits from the core like Alomomola and Hippowdon.

Because the team lacked a Choice Scarf user, I decided to give it to Latias, which can help to revenge kill Shark at +1 if Primarina is weakened. It also provides a fast emergencial Defog or even a Healing Wish to bring back a teammate if needed.

hs

Banned deucer.
askov's team seems to be the one that best uses the same type restriction as an advantage, with a more commonly used core and more solid team, once mega-aerodactyl and terrakion aid each other by checking other's weakness, so I'm going to vote for Askov.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)