Ultra Sun & Moon OU Analysis Discussion

In the Z set for Rotom-W, one of the suggested partners is Z-Fly Lando. While they'd make ideal partners, having both doesn't seem like a good idea.

Mega Camerupt's page says "The given Speed and Special Attack investment allows Mega Camerupt to outspeed and OHKO standard Toxapex" but standard pex now is 248HP / 252+ SpD and Mega Camerupt definitely doesn't kill that

252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt-Mega Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 254-302 (83.5 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Still a roll after rocks

252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt-Mega Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 254-302 (83.5 - 99.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Ah yes, I just read this.
With that being said, can someone tell me why scarf Magearna is OO worthy? It is too slow to revenge kill any notable setup sweepers, dead weight against any bulkier team, too slow to outspeed offensive staples like Tapu Koko, and is inferior to other scarfers. Greninja provides hazard support, can revenge kill most set up sweepers, and still has pivoting potential. Kartana is much more powerful, is quite fast allowing it to threaten offensive teams, not deadweight against balance because of Defog and Knock off, and can also snowball. I think scarf Magearna should be axed from the analysis.

power

uh-oh, the game in trouble
Ah yes, I just read this.
With that being said, can someone tell me why scarf Magearna is OO worthy? It is too slow to revenge kill any notable setup sweepers, dead weight against any bulkier team, too slow to outspeed offensive staples like Tapu Koko, and is inferior to other scarfers. Greninja provides hazard support, can revenge kill most set up sweepers, and still has pivoting potential. Kartana is much more powerful, is quite fast allowing it to threaten offensive teams, not deadweight against balance because of Defog and Knock off, and can also snowball. I think scarf Magearna should be axed from the analysis.
Strongly disagree. Scarf Magearna is a surprisingly usable Pinsir Check and lures stuff like like SD Kartana quite well, outspeeding and surprise OHKOing it with Fleur. It’s seen success on certain balance builds and I’ve made my own teams with it too. This is simply one of those mons that sounds horrendous on paper but you really shouldn't knock it until you try it. Typically you pair it with something like scarf lando, its never your only scarfer

In the tangrowth analysis, I would change the first sentence to “ One of the bests pivots” to “a good pivot.”
My reasoning is that Tangrowth is no where near as good as it used to be, and is now outclassed by Av Tapu Bulu. I would also add how much competition it has wih tapu Bulu in the overview as well.

Last edited:

power

uh-oh, the game in trouble
In the tangrowth analysis, I would change the first sentence to “ One of the bests pivots” to “a good pivot.”
My reasoning is that Tangrowth is no where near as good as it used to be, and is now outclassed by Av Tapu Bulu. I would also add how much competition it has wih tapu Bulu in the overview as well.
I'll cms this later

Add Kartana to team options on the Tapu Bulu analysis since grass spam is one of the most potent cores in ou and doesn't even get a mention in the analysis even though the Kartana analysis mentions Bulu.

You might also mention Magnezone on the Kartana analysis since Bulu+Scarftana is almost always paired with magnezone. You could say something like "Magnezone further reduces the number of pokemon that can switch into grassy terrain boosted leaf blades."

Last edited:
I think that Waterium Z should be mentioned in set details in Offensive Latios. It’s a bit situational, But it can be super nice against teams that utilize tyranitar and Heatran that standard z move would fall flat in its face against. Tyranitar is a huge problem for latios in general right now, with it being an A+ threat with high usage, so I think Z-Surf is worthy of a mention in set details.

The zap plate set in The koko analysis should be throwed into other options as it is UR on the sets vr. I think it should still be mentioned in other options as it’s not great but still a usable set.

Toxapex Analysis : there are 2 mentions for Knock Off in moves, considering Knock Off is the last slash move in 4th move, you can rewrite the sentence fusioning that 2 mentions in one. Also, I can see Payapa Berry in set details or OO, considering a lot of players are running it to counter Psychium Z Volcarona, which Pex can deal with Haze + Recover and Scald
thepex.png

I feel that Ferrothorn's analysis should mention Hidden Power Fire in either Moves or Other Options since its been used a lot more lately for Kartana, also mention that it needs 16 SpA evs and a -speed nature to always KO in either Set Details if Hidden Power Fire is to be mentioned in moves or Other Options if Hidden Power Fire is to be mentioned in Other Options.

Was reading the tyranitar analysis and,
Fighting-types: Keldeo, Mega Lopunny, Mega Heracross, Mega Medicham, and other Fighting-types can outspeed Tyranitar and KO it with their STAB attacks while resisting both of Tyranitar's STAB moves. When using a Choice Scarf, these Pokemon can easily outrun and KO +1 Mega Tyranitar.
I would specify Keldeo and Terrakion for the choice scarf part as they are the only viable fighting types that ever hold a choice scarf. I would also mention that Hawlucha with unburden activates can revenge kill +1 Mega Tyranitar.

Was reading the tyranitar analysis and,
Fighting-types: Keldeo, Mega Lopunny, Mega Heracross, Mega Medicham, and other Fighting-types can outspeed Tyranitar and KO it with their STAB attacks while resisting both of Tyranitar's STAB moves. When using a Choice Scarf, these Pokemon can easily outrun and KO +1 Mega Tyranitar.
I would specify Keldeo and Terrakion for the choice scarf part as they are the only viable fighting types that ever hold a choice scarf. I would also mention that Hawlucha with unburden activates can revenge kill +1 Mega Tyranitar.
Submitted :o

1515017217251.png

On the Hawlucha analysis, the EV's are used to outspeed Scarf Koko and helps Hawlucha to Always survive Clefable's Moonblast. However, with 144 HP and 104 Speed, it achieves the same thing and can outspeed others Hawluchas. Isn't it better?

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 144 HP / 8 SpD Hawlucha: 282-332 (84.6 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 152 HP / 8 SpD Hawlucha: 282-332 (84.1 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Attachments

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Nature Power deserves a mention on heatrans analysis to lure in things like Keldeo and Mantine in tandem with Tapu Koko as well as just being fantastic coverage for heatran in general

View attachment 96032
On the Hawlucha analysis, the EV's are used to outspeed Scarf Koko and helps Hawlucha to Always survive Clefable's Moonblast. However, with 144 HP and 104 Speed, it achieves the same thing and can outspeed others Hawluchas. Isn't it better?

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 144 HP / 8 SpD Hawlucha: 282-332 (84.6 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 152 HP / 8 SpD Hawlucha: 282-332 (84.1 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
No, because this means that other Hawlucha's will start running it too, which means that it will still speed tie and results in not having any use, it's probably better to just keep this to urself instead.

Was reading Lopunnys analysis and,
Faster Pokemon: Despite Lopunny's impressive Speed stat, it can't outspeed most Choice Scarf users like Keldeo and Garchomp, which can knock it out with Secret Sword and Outrage, respectively.
Considering how scarfchomp is pretty much irrelevant, I would put scarf lando or lele instead.

Guys, I think we need to give Jirachi in its analysis a niche on how it can easily check tapu lele on stall with the removal of arena trap from OU, thereby making the archetype much harder to use. Stall without a lele counter is asking for death, and there is pretty much no other pokemon that can fit on stall and check lele aside from pyukumuku. This would probably use Sp.Def investment.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)