Level: 96
EVs: 252 HP
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Block
- Soak
- Toxic
- Rest

Hey there, I want to share the most consistent stall team I could build after Arena Trap ban.
Without Dugtrio, stall has been suffering a lot from the plethora of wallbreakers USUM have: Landorus-T, Tapu Lele, Hoopa-U, Tyranitar, Mega Mawile, Mega Medicham, Tapu Bulu, Kyurem-B, Tapu Koko, Kartana, Zygarde, etc.

Not only it is difficult impossible to wall all those threats but also, without Dugtrio, stall lost its way to break through other defensive teams.
Those two factors make that stall 1) loses most its match ups vs offense (or relies on not having a bad match up to fish wins) and 2) can't win the match up vs defensive teams (unless your opponent forfeits).
Pretty bad if you ask me, but there is still a (little) bit of hope.

The first answer I could think of is Innards Out Pyukumuku.
This is the only Pokemon that can help stall to beat most breakers, like Choice Band Tyranitar, Choice Band Hoopa-U, Tapu Lele, Mega Mawile, ...
If you don't use it, one of the aforementioned threats will undoubtedly 6-0 your stall team with no effort.
Here are some interesting calcs:
252 Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku: 297-349 (98.6 - 115.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku: 285-336 (94.6 - 111.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku in Psychic Terrain: 306-360 (101.6 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku: 288-339 (95.6 - 112.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
The spread I use (+ level 96) is made so it maximises its HP while lowering its bulk as much as possible.
301 HP gives you the same HP as Hoopa-U and allows Pyukumuku to not die after 3 Seismic Toss from Chansey.
Aguav Berry is a security net if you don't get lucky with rolls (opponent does not OHKO) and allows you to sack Pyukumuku even if a move does only ~80% (you send full life Pyukumuku, then lose 80% on the switch, berry heals you back to 70% and you're in KO range).

There comes my second idea... what made Arena Trap broken ? The fact that you can't switch out. Trapping abilities / moves are inherently broken in Pokemon.
So what if we revamped trapping in stall ? Remember the main idea there is to win the match up vs other stall teams and to remove defensive threats.
That's what Block Pyukumuku is meant to do. Soak + Toxic + Rest allows you to toxic stall to death almost any defensive Pokemon in the tier.
Almost, because you can't beat Mega Sableye... is it an issue ? Not completely. If you think about it, Mega Sableye is kinda nailed down by Pyukumuku, it can't switch out. Otherwise it's taking the risk to have one teammate Block'd on the switch. And that's a kill. So basically to beat stall you have to PP stall the opposing Mega Sableye. This is done by pressuring it with Pyukumuku and switching out. It is also possible to use Chansey and to threaten Stealth Rock.

But still this was not enough to ensure to break the opposing team. That's why I decided to run Mean Look Mega Sableye.
Knock Off + Mean Look + Taunt allows Mega Sableye to stallbreak by PP stalling. In addition to Pyukumuku, it will put a lot of pressure on the opposing Mega Sableye so you can finally PP stall it and win the game.
This Sableye's set is also great because it forces things like Toxapex to switch out or they're dead.
Not having Protect / Will-o-Wisp kinda sucks but I believe you can manage without them.

The rest of the team is pretty straightforward:
AV Tangrowth is my pivot and walls Bulu, Koko, Zygarde, Greninja, Serperior, Manaphy, Mega Swampert, Keldeo, Mega Gyarados, Fini, etc.
Zapdos is my defog user and walls Mega Pinsir, Kartana, Mega Scizor, Tornadus-T, etc.
Quagsire is my unaware user and walls Hawlucha, Mega Charizard X, Bisharp, etc.
Chansey because stall. No Heal Bell so watch out.
Mega Sableye for hazard control, it also walls Mega Medicham, Heatran, Psychic locked Pokemons, Spikes Gren, Gengar, etc.
Pyukumuku. It's a sack vs offense and a stallbreaker vs stall. What a lovely mon.

Thank you for reading and give me feedback on the team if you use it.

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Innards out Pyukumuku + Trapers

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Bomb

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Mean Look
- Taunt

Pyukumuku @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Innards Out
Hasty Nature
- Block
- Soak
- Toxic
- Rest

Hey there, I want to share the most consistent stall team I could build after Arena Trap ban.
Without Dugtrio, stall has been suffering a lot from the plethora of wallbreakers USUM have: Landorus-T, Tapu Lele, Hoopa-U, Tyranitar, Mega Mawile, Mega Medicham, Tapu Bulu, Kyurem-B, Tapu Koko, Kartana, Zygarde, etc.

Not only it is difficult impossible to wall all those threats but also, without Dugtrio, stall lost its way to break through other defensive teams.
Those two factors make that stall 1) loses most its match ups vs offense (or relies on not having a bad match up to fish wins) and 2) can't win the match up vs defensive teams (unless your opponent forfeits).

This is the only Pokemon that can help stall to beat most breakers, like Choice Band Tyranitar, Choice Band Hoopa-U, Tapu Lele, Mega Mawile, ...
If you don't use it, one of the aforementioned threats will undoubtedly 6-0 your stall team with no effort.
252 Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku: 297-349 (98.6 - 115.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku: 285-336 (94.6 - 111.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku in Psychic Terrain: 306-360 (101.6 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku: 288-339 (95.6 - 112.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
The spread I use (+ level 96) is made so it maximises its HP while lowering its bulk as much as possible.
301 HP gives you the same HP as Hoopa-U and allows Pyukumuku to not die after 3 Seismic Toss from Chansey.
Aguav Berry is a security net if you don't get lucky with rolls (opponent does not OHKO) and allows you to sack Pyukumuku even if a move does only ~80% (you send full life Pyukumuku, then lose 80% on the switch, berry heals you back to 70% and you're in KO range).

There comes my second idea... what made Arena Trap broken ? The fact that you can't switch out. Trapping abilities / moves are inherently broken in Pokemon.
So what if we revamped trapping in stall ? Remember the main idea there is to win the match up vs other stall teams and to remove defensive threats.
That's what Block Pyukumuku is meant to do. Soak + Toxic + Rest allows you to toxic stall to death almost any defensive Pokemon in the tier.
Almost, because you can't beat Mega Sableye... is it an issue ? Not completely. If you think about it, Mega Sableye is kinda nailed down by Pyukumuku, it can't switch out. Otherwise it's taking the risk to have one teammate Block'd on the switch. And that's a kill. So basically to beat stall you have to PP stall the opposing Mega Sableye. This is done by pressuring it with Pyukumuku and switching out. It is also possible to use Chansey and to threaten Stealth Rock.

But still this was not enough to ensure to break the opposing team. That's why I decided to run Mean Look Mega Sableye.
Knock Off + Mean Look + Taunt allows Mega Sableye to stallbreak by PP stalling. In addition to Pyukumuku, it will put a lot of pressure on the opposing Mega Sableye so you can finally PP stall it and win the game.
This Sableye's set is also great because it forces things like Toxapex to switch out or they're dead.
Not having Protect / Will-o-Wisp kinda sucks but I believe you can manage without them.

AV Tangrowth is my pivot and walls Bulu, Koko, Zygarde, Greninja, Serperior, Manaphy, Mega Swampert, Keldeo, Mega Gyarados, Fini, etc.
Zapdos is my defog user and walls Mega Pinsir, Kartana, Mega Scizor, Tornadus-T, etc.
Mega Sableye for hazard control, it also walls Mega Medicham, Heatran, Psychic locked Pokemons, Spikes Gren, Gengar, etc.
Pyukumuku. It's a sack vs offense and a stallbreaker vs stall. What a lovely mon.

Fantastic team and great post, but I think I have one change to propose that I think would improve the team. I think that you should run Heal Bell>Toxic or Stealth Rock on Chansey because half of your team basically become so useless at fulfilling their roles if they catch a stray toxic so it offers a safety net vs Toxic users like Heatran while also assisting vs stuff like Sub+Toxic Zygarde.

Fantastic team and great post, but I think I have one change to propose that I think would improve the team. I think that you should run Heal Bell>Toxic or Stealth Rock on Chansey because half of your team basically become so useless at fulfilling their roles if they catch a stray toxic so it offers a safety net vs Toxic users like Heatran while also assisting vs stuff like Sub+Toxic Zygarde.
Thank you. Toxic is I think needed on Chansey for - at least - Volcarona. I guess the team could work without SR. It would indeed help to have Heal Bell especially if Toxic Spikes are on the field and if Zapdos / Mega Sableye get toxic'd / burned. Tangrowth getting statu'd isn't too much of an issue though. That's something to try.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thank you. Toxic is I think needed on Chansey for - at least - Volcarona. I guess the team could work without SR. It would indeed help to have Heal Bell especially if Toxic Spikes are on the field and if Zapdos / Mega Sableye get toxic'd / burned. Tangrowth getting statu'd isn't too much of an issue though. That's something to try.
Yeah you would obviously be forgoing the Volcarona matchup if you don't run Toxic, but imo Chansey without Toxic is largely ineffective and thus I'd much rather lose rocks seeing as you're constantly gonna be Defogging them off or bouncing them back with Sableye as is.

http://pokepast.es/e25a667592cb3bcc

( note that iron head on skarm can be replaced with whirlwind, and quagsire can be replaced with unaware clefable to better check cm and fightinium z variants of Tapu Lele with the help of Jirachi )

A stall team that doesn't die instantly to Lele or Hoopa-U after Arena Trap got banned

Your typical stall team. Not much explanation needed except for the Jirachi. Jirachi here serves as the team's only reliable check to specs lele, able to tank anything lele throws at it, even a specs HP Fire, which it only gets 3HKOed by, even after rocks or 1 layer of spikes ( if you click protect for recovery after the switch in ) with leftovers. It can then proceed to wish heal itself of any damage and switch out. But even then, you probably would only switch it into a predicted psyshock, which can always be easily wished off while you force them to switch. For cm and fightinium Tapu Lele, quagsire can be subbed for unaware clefable to tank an all-out-pummeling and stall out psychic terrain with protect and the help of Jirachi. Back to Jirachi, the EV spread not only protects Jirachi from a 2HKO from HP fire but also allows it to outspeed timid Hoopa-U without choice scarf ( scarf is relatively uncommon on this mon btw; it's only in other options ) and OHKO it in return with u-turn. Hoopa-U is another threat that post-Arena Trap ban stall struggles immensely with. And if the Hoopa-U is scarfed, then its damage output will not be enough to 2HKO chansey and the like if it is kept relatively healthy throughout the match.
Although I'm not a stall expert, I'm most absolutely sure that this stall looses to Hoopa-U.

One of the most used items on Hoopa is Choice Band. With that being said, Hoopa can 2HKO all of your members on that stall team simply because the team has no dark resist. All that I'm saying is that your selling point of the team should not be that it doesn't lose to Hoopa. Other than that I think it's fine.

The Specs and Life Orb sets are also threatening concepts against your team. Although theoretical, the specs set has the ability to cripple your Chansey with trick and proceed to win with another special wallbreaker (i.e., Ash Greninja).

Yes, you can revenge kill Hoopa with your Jirachi. Yes, your Sableye can burn/knock it off. However, a good player would never risk the speed of Jirachi or ever keep it in vs. Sableye.

252 Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 162-192 (48.6 - 57.6%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 229-270 (58.1 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 231-273 (60.3 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

If you're worried about Hoopa in anyway, I'd recommend some leftovers variant of Magearna in replacement of most likely Jirachi. Although, I wouldn't be afraid of Hoopa (it's so low in usage).

I am a little bit concerned about non-Seismic Toss Chansey. But, I do understand if you need Heal Bell > Seismic Toss, that definitely makes sense.

In the end, I think it's fine IMO.

Thanks. I think I might actually replace Jirachi with pyukumuku like the last guy to get better matchups, though I do like jirachi's wish keeping my other members alive and providing more overall utility to the team than just "nuking" setup sweepers and hoopa u via innards out because most other mons I have a check for. Should I replace or not? From my observations, mathematically, using pyukumuku gives better outcomes vs. setup and breakers on stall.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Thanks. I think I might actually replace Jirachi with pyukumuku like the last guy to get better matchups, though I do like jirachi's wish keeping my other members alive and providing more overall utility to the team than just "nuking" setup sweepers and hoopa u via innards out because most other mons I have a check for. Should I replace or not? From my observations, mathematically, using pyukumuku gives better outcomes vs. setup and breakers on stall.
If anything, Skarmory is the most expendible member of the team. Replacing it with an actual ground check like Tangrowth or something seems like a much more appealing idea.

Zokuru

The Stall Lord
is a Tiering Contributor

Innards out Pyukumuku + Trapers

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Bomb

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Mean Look
- Taunt

Pyukumuku @ Aguav Berry
Hasty Nature
- Block
- Soak
- Toxic
- Rest

Man ... Why are you using Quagsire without a Beller ? :x

Otherwise it's a good team, I'll try it for sure ! Maybe I'll try Amoonguss > Tangrowth , then it gives the team the ability to absorb TSpikes.

Thank you Zokuru.
Amoonguss is really interesting as it can remove those annoying TSpikes from the field and overall covers the same threats than Tangrowth. But sadly it would also makes the team weaker to Zygarde (especially Sub Toxic Coil as I don't have Clefable). I also like Tangrowth because I can switch it into Tapu Lele to see its set and the move it is using (if specs for example)... Amoonguss doesn't allow that.
As for Clefable since I mentioned it, not having Quagsire would make the team weak to Charizard X, so I don't think it is a good idea, otherwise it would be a fine pick.
If anything, as LL said, I think Heal Bell > SR / Toxic is an interesting change (and that is probably better tbh). That would indirectly solve the TSpikes issue, which is great. I was just a bit concerned about not having SR on Chansey as they are helpfull to force the opposing Mega Sableye to stay on field (and to PP stall it). But I guess with Pyukumuku + Mean Look Sableye we already have enough tools for that. Rocks also work well with Innards Out Pyukumuku, as they help to kill threats that have higher HP than 301 (like Ttar).
I am still unsure about a few things so yeah it needs some more testing, feel free to use the team I would really appreciate it.

Here are some unteams:

magearna.gif
skarmory.gif
alomomola.gif
marowak-alola.gif
latios.gif
pinsir-mega.gif

Alomomola + Marowak-A Balance

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 216 HP / 40 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Fleur Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Roost
- Counter

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 128 Def / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Bonemerang
- Shadow Bone

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Earthquake

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Swords Dance

charizard-megax.gif
xatu.gif
buzzwole.gif
ferrothorn.gif
greninja.gif
zapdos.gif

Swords Dance Charizard X + Substitute Buzzwole Offense

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flame Charge
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Xatu @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Buzzwole @ Icium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 84 Def / 168 SpD
Careful Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Spikes
- U-turn

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 76 SpA / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Roost

salamence.gif
diggersby.gif
tyranitar-mega.gif
cresselia (1).gif
kartana.gif
mantine.gif

SpA Salamence + Double Dance Diggersby Balance

Salamence @ Expert Belt
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Diggersby @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Agility

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Toxic
- Protect

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Punch

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog

hoopa-unbound.gif
tapukoko.gif
ferrothorn.gif
landorus-therian.gif
mantine.gif
scizor-mega.gif

Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound + Fairium Z Tapu Koko Offense

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Zen Headbutt
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch

Tapu Koko @ Fairium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 196 HP / 68 Atk / 184 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

zapdos.gif
jirachi.gif
keldeo-resolute.gif
tyranitar.gif
tapubulu.gif
scizor-mega.gif

Substitute Zapdos + Waterium Z Keldeo Balance

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 56 SpD / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Discharge
- Substitute

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Wish
- Protect

Keldeo-Resolute @ Waterium Z
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 56 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 124 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Enjoy! ;)

Hubriz

The Haruspex
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

This is a team I built as I tried to make use of the typing-synergy that Magearna and Hydreigon seem to have on paper. I added Medi-Mega because i wanted to have a way of dealing with Chansey plus punching holes into teams, which scarf Kartana could later capitalize on. Hippo was added as rocker, a reliable check for Tapu-Koko and to prevent Magearna from volt-switching around. Zapdos serves as hazard removal and check to Mega-Pinsir lacking Stone Edge and Hawlucha.
I am currently experiencing problems with Volcarona, scald-spamming Keldeo and Heatran to an extend.

Hydreigon @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Taunt

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
IVs: 16 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

Psychic Spam

I know you see that Tentacruel but don't let that deter you. If it makes you feel uncomfortable just replace it with a pex you lightweight. Anyway its your traditional terrain abuser balance type deal. Get terrain up and punch holes.
Tentacruel is a very interesting choice you have there, and I've been running recently on my Spikes stacking team (because Defog is obviously not ideal). I feel like Acid Spray is a must if you are running Tentacruel, because it allows you to break Mega Sableye and Clefable. If not bulky Starmie feels like a more reliable spinner with Recover, unless you are also running TSpikes on Tentacruel, which you aren't. Also, 32 Spe is all you need imo, because it's not like as if full speed investment lets you do anything special, and you can invest the rest in Def/SpD. Something to consider.

Edit:
Segue to the team in question:
Mono DD Zygarde BO

Been having a lot of success with this team lately. Pretty straightforward, Fable and Tentacruel establishes good hazard control against Sableye. Ferrothorn gives Spikes, and TWave for Medicham to go ham. Icium Rachi is one of my favorite bait because it fakes Scarf, and still has Healing Wish to keep the team (specifically Cham) topped up. And Zygarde cleans everything up.

Last edited:
Kyurem_Black_XY.gif
Spr_7s_801.png
Spr_6x_485.png
mlop.png
landorus-therian.png
kartana.gif

This is my Kyurem-Based Balance offence team. Each mon has its own offensive presence and power for different opponents, so good prediction needed for maximum power and utility. Landorus and Magearna function as pivots with volt turn, with Kartana as the scarfer. Z Kyurem can ko a great many threats in the metagame, if not do significant damage to major threats like Chansey and Skarmory. Kyurem can also function as a decent Greninja check, so long as its not protean low kick.

Pokepaste ( https://pokepast.es/b0b4641ffc012c68 ) and
Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
Naive Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Roost

Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch

Last edited:
Two teams for the stall lovers

Hey me again, sharing the teams I built recently:

Pyukumuku Stall (V2)

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 224 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Endeavor
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Bomb

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Sableye @ Sablenite
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Toxic

Pyukumuku @ Aguav Berry
Hasty Nature
- Block
- Soak
- Toxic
- Rest

This is a better version of the team I posted above.
Mean Look Mega Sableye looked cool on paper but it didn't work well on practice. So I changed it to regular Mega Sableye, with Toxic to free a moveslot on Chansey so I can use Heal Bell + Stealth Rock on it.
An other change I did is AV Bulu > AV Tang. I realized the team was very weak to Choice Band Zygarde + Mega Lopunny; AV Bulu fills in those weaknesses really well and beats the same things as AV Tangrowth. It also checks Tapu Lele very well so you can keep Pyukumuku for something else.
Ultimately, I believe AV Tangrowth is still better on this team, mainly because I have no way to heal Bulu, so having Regenerator really helps. It also turned up that Grassy Terrain was helping my opponent more than me: by removing Psychic Terrain so Lele can't deal enough damage to Pyukumuku, by boosting Kartana's Leaf Blade and by healing his breakers. And Bulu was still not a solid answer to Band Zygarde, anyway. You have to kill it with Innards Out when it is locked on Outrage.
Endeavor on Tangrowth, combined with Regenerator, is a great idea I had recently. Tang is going to be low on health ? The opponent uses U-Turn / Volt Switch to Kyurem-B ? Just use Endeavor, and then switch out. This works so well on a stall team, it breaks your opponent's momentum, especially on a pivot like Tangrowth and with Innards Out Pyukumuku on the team ! Not to mention the presence of Stealth Rock. And last but not least, it also helps stallbreaking !

Tapu Bulu + Heatran Hazard Stacking

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Sableye @ Sablenite
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Protect

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Counter
- Toxic

Toxapex @ Payapa Berry
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 32 Def / 76 SpD / 68 Spe
Impish Nature
- Horn Leech
- Megahorn
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

I wanted to make a stall team around AV Bulu + Heatran. I came up to this result and realized I kinda made a revamp of an old SPL stall team that used Dugtrio. Surprisingly (or not), it still works well. Heatran + AV Bulu + Toxapex + Mega Sableye is incredibly hard to break.
I don't want to go much deeper into the building process, I think it is pretty straightforward.

Bulu's spread lets it live Psychic / Psyshock from Specs Lele and outspeed 176 Spe Tyranitar. Megahorn is for Serperior and Mega Latias.

I use Will-o-Wisp on Heatran so I can break through Mega Sableye, it also lets me cripple a few mons on the switch as well as Mega Mawile if I ever were too low on health to survive Sucker Punch.

Payapa Berry on Toxapex is used so you can Toxic Psychium Volcarona as well as any version of Lele.
I use Toxic + Toxic Spikes because it pressures a lot of teams and I do not need Haze as I have Unaware Clefable.

Counter on Skarmory is mandatory because it is my main counter to Kartana. Toxic so you're not set up fodder (vs Mega Pinsir / Landorus-T mainly) + you can catch a Koko or a Lele on the switch.

Flamethrower on Clefable helps to pressure Mega Mawile, Mega Scizor (especially Defog Zor), Bisharp, Magearna and it beats Kartana.

*Removed the third one because it was not good*

I hope you have fun with those teams.
Shout outs to sedertz for the great AV Bulu set.

Last edited:
View attachment 100556View attachment 100557View attachment 100558View attachment 100559View attachment 100560View attachment 100561
This is my Kyurem-Based Balance offence team. Each mon has its own offensive presence and power for different opponents, so good prediction needed for maximum power and utility. Landorus and Magearna function as pivots with volt turn, with Kartana as the scarfer. Z Kyurem can ko a great many threats in the metagame, if not do significant damage to major threats like Chansey and Skarmory. Kyurem can also function as a decent Greninja check, so long as its not protean low kick.

Pokepaste ( https://pokepast.es/b0b4641ffc012c68 ) and
Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
Naive Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Roost

Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch
My only problem with this is I would recommend something like zapdos before hawlucha comes in and completely has its way with you, but other than that this seems pretty good

https://pokepast.es/38e78a7e31950e63 Mega Scizor Bulky offense
honestly I suck at these descriptions, so basically I built this team just so it had counters to most of the relevant mons in the tier (I believe unless I've missed something stupidly obvious) but yeah, I really do suck at these descriptions so that's about it lol.

Gonna do a dump of teams I have enjoyed using over the past month and a bit before I take my break from mons (again). Some may not be the most Ou viable and just some fun, others are experimental as I didnt get chance to fully test them out, and 2 have done seriously well for me, while the two Iron Chef teams have done exceedingly well for me. Click the sprites for imports, the teams are in order of when they were built, oldest at the bottom, newest at the top.

A Whimsical Offence

I made the original Whimsicott team that Aim ended up using here. I wanted to use Whimicott again, with Hawlucha running rampant as ever, and M.Venu, Av Magearna, Av Tangrowth all dropping off in usage, I feel Whimsicott is in a fun position to put in some work. So I decided to revamp my old team, and fix some of the problems is originally had and adapt it to the current meta. Tapu Koko is first essential to set up Terrain for Whimsicott, but can smack Grass types with Brave Bird, pick up momentum, but most importantly with Scarf, its a really powerful revenge killer, with Wild Charge hitting as hard as Scarf Leles Psychic while Hp Ice still picks up al the regular 2hkos. Next was Heatran, so both pressure Grass types, but also help trap Toxapex and Chansey, both for Whimsicott. Heatran is also just a solid balance breaker, wearing down its common switch-ins very quickly with the combination of Toxic + Magma Storm. I went with M.Latios over regular Latios unlike the original team, as the luring Heatran and Magearna is extremely nice for Whimsicott, and the fact I'm not using another Mega, and already using a Z-Crystal. M.Latios can also pressure M.Venusaur more easily due to its increased bulk and lack of LO recoil. Lastly was the defensive core of Jirachi and Tapu Bulu, supplying Rocks and Grassy Terrain and having really nice defesive synergy with M.Latios. Jirachi can also shutdown Lele somewhat, being exceedingly helpful to Whimsicott. This is just a fun team, so click X vs stall, as the team has basically no way to break it, and its not fun to play >_<

M.Latias BO

I made this team for the 6 immunities ingredient for round 2 of the Iron Chef project. I realised Z-Ground Heatran + both M.Latias and Ash Greninja was a really solid combination, as it often forced the opponent let either let Toxapex or Tyranitar be trapped, and then removed by Z-Earth Power, then allowing either Ash Greninja or M.Latias through. The original team was made more for fun, so I decided to upgrade it into a more serious team, and after testing, I think its the best teams I have made so far, despite my other Iron Chef team holding a better record. I'll just link the full description I did for Iron Chef here to save space.

As you can see the team above ended up being very similar to the original. I had Av Magearna to help blanket check a lot of the special attackers while Buzzwole acted as a nice physical check and underapreciated wall-breaker right now

Triple Choice

This is an updated version of my original Iron Chef round 1 team, where the ingredient was a minimum of 3 total choice items. This is one of my best teams I've made I feel, only just behind the team above. The only change is Ash Greninja over Specs Tornadus-T. Specs TornT was originally to pressure Toxapex, Tangrowth and chunk fat Steel types for M.Scizor, and on paper seemed really cool. However in practice it often failed, due to Toxapexs Regenerator and other factors. It may seem counter intuative to then go to another walled by Pex, however I felt the team pressure Pex enough, and TornT was a dead slot. So instead I chose Ash Greninja to work as a secondary cleaner, the fact it loved all the U-Turn support and for the pressure it provided by Spikes, forcing the opponent to defog more, taking some of the pressure off LandT. The rest of the team pretty much functions the same as the original, so once again I'm gonna post the link to the original description I did for Iron Chef.

This version is a lot more fun to use than the one above, both for the fact it has metronome Gengar, which is a blast to use, but also its the colour of the rainbow, with M.Scizor - Red, LandoT - Orange, Jirachi - Yellow, Zygarde - Green, Keldeo - Blue, Gengar - Purple :3
Gengar is really nice for breaking down slower fatter teams, as Ghost resists are often hard to come by. Metronome works as a nice breaking item slowly building up damage each hit, often allowing it to stall out Pexs Recovers for M.Scizor, or Ko it depending on SpDef drop luck, but it can also allow to bluff choice lock, surprising Ttar with a Focus Blast. Knock Off allows Gengar to lure in Av users such as Magearna, and can Knock Off Chansey, hugely supporting Keldeo. Gengar also has the amazing quality of absorbing Tspikes, which the team is quite weak too. The other change is Z-Focus Blast Keldeo. This is a nice tech allowing me to lure Tangrowth for Zygarde and Gengar, Ohkoing at +1, but also making up for the loss of Secret Sword hitting on the physical side somewhat. The massivlly reduced PP is a pain, and the loss of Secret Sword hitting physically can often hurt however.

This is the original version. The description can be found here.

Red Vs Blue

I feel Volcarona is really slept on at the moment, with the 2 most common Scarfers being Kartana and LandoT, both losing to +1 Volc, and Pex running Pyapa or Heatran being a lot of teams main check. I thought M.Scizor could be a really nice pairing with Volcarona, as it can lure in both Heatran and Toxapex to Knock them off, stopping Pex from eating Z-Psychic, and Heatran losing its recovery, while also bringing in certain Steel types that Volcarona can set up on while Volcarona breaks down a lot of Scizors checks, in Steel types and Payapaless Pex. I then went for the role compaction of Scarf Rocks LandoT, also nice in picking up momentum for the team, and revenging a lot of threats to the team. Next was the disgusting Regen core of Tang Pex, blanket checking 75% of the tier with minimal effort needed to keep both healthy. My main hope was in Tspikes forcing the opponent to defog more, removing the ever scary rocks for Volcarona, though with Pex being ever present, a lot of teams are prep'd for Tspikes, while having access to recovery, keeping it healthy throughout the match. Lastly Latios I chose as my defoger for its ability to switch into Heatran, and dent it with Surf, helping both Volcarona and M.Scizor immensely. My main issue with this team is its severe Ttar weakness, with the Defoger being trapped, and the Band Stone Edge switch in being M.Scizor, a laughable attempt, Ttar takes a fat steaming shit on this team. Apart from that I feel its pretty fun to use.

M.Diancie Drag Mag

Gonna use this as an oppotunity to plug a post of mine and save some space and time to explain the 3 mon core of M.Diancie, Dragonite and Magnezone. This core is really cool at the moment, as the two most common Scarfers in LandoT and Kartana and Ash Greninja cant revenge ko M.Diancie without potential severe consequences, with Kartana being immediatly trapped after or allowing Dragonite to set up multiple Dragon Dances depending on the move Kartana locks itself into, same with Ash Greninja, while LandoT being locked into Eq give Dragonite completely free set up oppotunity, allowing it to keep its Multiscale intact. Tapu Bulu - Toxapex makes a really nice pairing and defensive core for the team, providing Grassy Terrain for M.Diancie, Pex and Magnezone, allowing them to eat Earthquakes easier, but also wearing down a lot of the teams checks with Tspikes. Lastly is Scarf Defog LandoT, providing a nice fast Defog for the Dragonite, being able to revenge kill and pick up momentum on a lot of threats to the team such as Ash-Greninja and Heatran, providing ample opportunity for M.Diancie to get in. Explosion is increadably nice to have on LandoT, as it shares a lot of checks with Dragonite, chunking them or removing them while providing momentum somewhat. Having the Defoger go boom is far from ideal however, so Hp Ice is also a solid pick to weaken opposing LandoT for Dragonite, but I feel with M.Diancie and Pex, LandoT is far less pressure to Defog. Heatran is really annoying to this team it is to be noted, as Pex can be trapped, and M.Diancie is significantly chunked by Magma Storm, while max SpAtk Earth Power threatens the Ohko after rocks.

Set description here in another shameless plug. This versions honestly just fun to use. Regular Dragonite probably fits the team better however.

If you have any suggestion, questions on Evs spreads, move set choices, or other stuff in general, just lemme know. See you later:)

Last edited:

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hologram | KokoLucha Offense

This team is centered around broken Hawlucha. It features 3 complementary wallbreakers in Tapu Koko, Medicham, and Z-Fly Landorus. It flows really nicely when you keep up offensive momentum w/ Koko and Jirachi, making it feel especially brainless at times. Team sucks vs. Ash Gren because Mantine is not a very lucky Pokemon in most games, but hazard removal & a water check was necessary.

Cloned | Togedemaru Offense

Potential memes and jokes aside, I'm actually quite the advocate for Togedemaru. :mehowth:
It's an amazing Tapu Koko check, and it can solidly gain momentum against Volt Switch users or a Pokemon Encored into an unfavorable move. Mewnium Z on defensive Mew allows for more versatility than Ice Beam, especially in conjunction with Tapu Lele's terrain. It takes up a Z-move slot, unfortunately.

1st team is definitely better overall and is more standard than the latter option. These teams are fun to make and use, and I love mix and matching creative stuff to catch people off guard and meme. If I make OST finals, I'm bringing Togedemaru. /s

Actually a 'decent' stall team: ABR's stall revamp

That is probably the last stall team I post here (I promise), as I believe not much better can be done (unless you give up a few match ups to focus specifically on a given threat).
Yes I do believe ABR's infamous ORAS squad is still one of the most consistent stall team right now. The USUM metagame is highly aggressive so stall needs offensive counterplay to stand a chance (hence why Weavile is still probably the best pick).
I still made a few interesting changes to the sets (I think ?) so it fits the USUM meta:

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Roost
- Defog
- Counter

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Amoonguss @ Assault Vest
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Stomping Tantrum
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Recover
- Toxic

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Toxic

This great Skarmory set is Aurella's idea (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/usm-creative-underrated-sets-v2.3628431/).
The speed investment lets Skarmory outspeed any version of Mega Mawile.
Iron Defense + Counter allow Skarmory to counter a lot of things that are usually huge threats to stall: Mega Mawile, Sub Gyarados, SD Landorus-T, Metronome Mamoswine, Sub + SD Kartana, SD Mega Pinsir and even more.

Choice Band Weavile, to trap weakened threats such as Lele, Hoopa-U, Kyurem-B, Mega Medicham, Blacephalon, Tornadus-T, Marowak-Alola, etc.
It is also a win condition vs bulkier teams.

AV Amoonguss is the pivot of the team and the TSpikes absorber. Helps switching into stuff like Koko, Magearna, Ash Gren, Bulu, Mega Swampert (Ice Punch does not 2HKO with that spread), Kartana, Fini, etc.
Reminder: Skarm loses to SD Kartana (even with Counter, even with Iron Defense, so HP Fire defensive Amoonguss is absolutely mandatory).
Clear Smog prevents set up users like Serperior, CM Storedpower Clefable, SD Bulu, Mega Gyarados, etc.
Stomping Tantrum so you can hit / lure Heatran.

Quagsire is the unaware user. It is used over Clefable so the team doesn't lose to Bisharp, Charizard X or SD Mega Scizor.
Rest is needed to counter Sub Toxic Zygarde.

Chansey. Stealth Rock is mandatory because most SR users now beat Skarmory + Mega Sableye. And so is Heal Bell.
So there really isn't room for Toxic on this Chansey.

SpDef Sableye is the main check to Heatran + Ash gren + Mega Medicham.
Toxic is needed for Kyurem-B, Volcarona, CM Mega Latis and it's better than Wisp vs most offensive teams.

Now that I have quickly explained the sets, I want to point out the most dangerous threats:

Heatran: Mega Sableye walls non Z move variants (if it is not unlucky with SpD drops, though). But Heatran is a huge threat to the team, obvioulsy.

Kyurem-B: Mega Sableye or Chansey both wall it decently once it has used its Z move. But it will get a free kill.

Volcarona: Giga Drain / Roost sets easily beat Chansey lacking Toxic.

Mega Diancie: Mega Diancie is always a tough match up because you'll lose the Stealth Rock's game and become easy to pressure.

Excadrill: same reason, but it is a bit easier than Diancie.

Choice Band Tyranitar.

Mega Heracross.

And the possible changes to the team:
Skarmory:
Using Rocky Helmet is possible, it allows Skarmory to be a hard counter to Mega Mawile. It helps vs Band Tyranitar locked on Crunch and it's good in general to be able to chip some threats like Landorus-T / Mega Zor / Mega Pinsir / Kartana / Mega Medicham.
But, you'll obviously become weak to Magnezone.

Amoonguss:
Stomping Tantrum < Spore (and ofc, Assault Vest < Black Sludge or Rock Helmet)
If you really want to have Spore on it.
Amoonguss won't check Koko + Gren as well without AV, and will no longer be able to hit Heatran without Stomping Tantrum.
But Spore can cripple a dangerous pokemon like Kyub / Heatran plus it gives you a free switch on Weavile.
Rocky Helmet will help to chip things for Weavile (and can help a bit vs Mega Mawile).

Quagsire:
Rest < Encore
Encore is an other way to deal with Sub Toxic Zygarde.
It's great because it gives you the momentum back (free switch on Weavile for instance) and does a good job with Clear Smog Amoonguss on the back against set ups.
However, it's a less reliable answer than Rest imo.
Out of those three possible changes, this one is still the most interesting I'd say.

I've had great results with that team (on the ladder though), I think it has a good match up vs most teams and lose to haxx rather than anything else.
Thanks again Aurella for the cool Skarm set which works well on this team.

Last edited:
Here are some unteams:

View attachment 99586View attachment 99585View attachment 99584View attachment 99588View attachment 99587View attachment 99589

Alomomola + Marowak-A Balance

Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 216 HP / 40 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Fleur Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Roost
- Counter

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 128 Def / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Bonemerang
- Shadow Bone

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Earthquake

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Swords Dance

View attachment 99590View attachment 99595View attachment 99596View attachment 99591View attachment 99592View attachment 99593

Swords Dance Charizard X + Substitute Buzzwole Offense

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flame Charge
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Xatu @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Buzzwole @ Icium Z
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 84 Def / 168 SpD
Careful Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Spikes
- U-turn

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 76 SpA / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Roost

View attachment 99594View attachment 99600View attachment 99599View attachment 99598View attachment 99601View attachment 99597

SpA Salamence + Double Dance Diggersby Balance

Salamence @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Diggersby @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Agility

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Toxic
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Punch

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

Mantine @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog

View attachment 99605View attachment 99604View attachment 99591View attachment 99602View attachment 99597View attachment 99603

Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound + Fairium Z Tapu Koko Offense

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Zen Headbutt
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch

Tapu Koko @ Fairium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 196 HP / 68 Atk / 184 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

View attachment 99593View attachment 99607View attachment 99609View attachment 99606View attachment 99608View attachment 99603

Substitute Zapdos + Waterium Z Keldeo Balance

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 56 SpD / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Discharge
- Substitute

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Wish
- Protect

Keldeo-Resolute @ Waterium Z
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 56 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 124 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Enjoy! ;)
I've been using sub zapdos for about a month and it's cool for stuff like subbing on pex and pp stalling ttar's stone edge but you want enuf speed for tran to pp stall magmas then get a free sub

HCJB

Banned deucer.

Hey, so I'd like to share this team with you guys. It's my 1st post here so hopefully this looks fine. It's a very straightforward team built around volcarona, my favorite mon. I made this a few months ago but it's still very relevant in the current ou game, least I'd like to think so.

Here's the sets and I'll explain why the sets are so.

Fluffy Pink Ponies (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Chantal (Volcarona) (F) @ Buginium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave

Tapu Lele @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

• Nicks are coz my best friend is called chantal and fpp is just an old clan I used to be in on some other game and diancie is pink.
  • Everything on diancie is standard except hp ice. This is so because sometimes when landot comes in I like to switch out to my landot counter and then switch back to diancie (this really depends on the situation as to whether risking diancie is worthwhile), sending sr back and then ohkoing back with hp ice.
  • Volcarona has a standard set.
  • Landot is a fat set with defog over sr.
  • Ferrothorn is the sr / ashgren check / steel of the team. Twave is to cripple hawlucha to rk with diancie/lele/lati which is a problem for this team and some other scarfers so they can't outspeed volcarona.
  • Cm spoon lele is what I use to muscle past / 1v1 heatran which gets forced in on lele. There are other ways to lure tran such as eq regular lati but this is the most consistent to me coz this lets u break certain stall teams easily *say u lead lele turn 1 on non alolan muk stall cm on protect sableye psyshock chansey and work from there* It also heavily chunks av mag for diancie and lati. This also boost the power of psychic from volc so I don't need to rely on psychium z coz I think bug z is just way better to improve its chances of sweeping blowing past fatter stuff like zygarde for example.
  • Scarf lati standard with trick. Trick is nice to give to something like say steela to help diancie out.
+1 252 SpA Twisted Spoon Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran in Psychic Terrain: 168-198 (43.5 - 51.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Twisted Spoon Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna in Psychic Terrain: 105-123 (28.9 - 33.8%) -- 1.4% chance to 3HKO
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Psychic vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex in Psychic Terrain: 256-302 (84.4 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery *just need to chip pex a bit*

I went to play a game today just so I could get at least 1 replay to show this team does work still.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-707122566 was like 1800 elo or so I don't remember sry. My opponent played around volc very poorly though I have to say if he played better he might have a like a 50/50 shot to still win after volc set up coz of the megacham too lazy to think how it would have panned out lol.

I'm going to close this off by saying volcarona is not an easy mon to use at all, if anything, it's extremely inconsistent even though its a+ and you definitely need to think carefully every game on how to make it work. Also, this team has a flaw in that it's rather reliant on volc to win games for it. *which is the case for most volc teams anyways coz it usually requires a lot of team support* For those who are still interested to try out volc after reading this, I'd be really happy if you tried my team. ^_^
Nice team. You might want to consider Rock Polish on Diancie over HP Fire or Earth Power (your choice). It outspeeds the standard unburden Hawlucha set, and can rip through unprepared teams. I know this because it's 6-0ed me once or twice (and because no one runs it I'm still not going to bother preparing for it :P).

Hey, this is my first time to post a team here, so here's a fun un-team I've been testing for about a week and decided to post today for you guys. Be warned, this team that is fun for the whole family, and is guaranteed to make some users uncomfortable

First the sets
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Dragonite @ Electrium Z
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Fly
- Thunder Punch

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Roost

Basically, when I started to build this team some 6 days ago, I decided to make a team about two random pokemons. Thanks to my absolutely foolproof randomizing method, I ended up getting Mega Charizard X and Dragonite. I then built a team around those two pokemon, because that's what I do with my life.

1. I first started off with Charizard X. I run a Charizard X set with Hp investments because ( I legitimately don't know) because it allows Charizard to act as a better check for pokemon like Tapu Koko, and because I like putting Hp investments on attackers who I use for some semblance of defensive utility. Not much else to say about this set, its a pretty standard wall-breaker set
  2. I then was forced to use Dragonite. Dragonite is really cool, not much to say about the set, except that it is Electrium because I wanted a way to hit Celesteela and Toxapex for insane damage. Especially for Toxapex, since Tapu Bulu is a thing, and is paired with Toxapex. It also gets a buff from Tapu Koko. It can also act as a check to Hawlucha, even with Stealth Rock Damage.
  3. Here we have Tapu Koko, and this is where the team reaches fun levels of meme status. I originally had Specs, but because I wanted some form of speed control, plus a fun surprise factor, I used Choice Scarf. Not much to say here, but it's always fun to outspeed an Ash-Greninja locked in Hydro Pump, and K.O it
  4. Tapu Fini has a standard set with Defog
  5. Ferrothorn has a standard set ( as a side note, making random double switches with Ferrothorn on an incoming Magnezone is a surprisingly good way to lure)
  6. Gliscor has a standard set
All in all, this team isn't even close to the most effective team in the meta, it probably isn't a very good team to use if your a beginner. I originally wasn't even going to put this team here, but because something transpired, I did. This team is flawed in that it isn't very fast, and is reliant on Tapu Fini to keep rocks off. But still, for those who are interested in trying out this team, I hope you can have fun with it. As a side note, I am very open to criticisms of this team, as long as they aren't telling me to delete my post (inb4 someone tells me to delete my post). But if you do criticize this team, then please feel free to give honest answers in this questionaire
Please answer as honestly as humanly possible

Do you condone of this team

Does this team make you uncomfortable

Has this team changed you outlook on life. Please put a description of this change in you response to this post

If I told you I managed to ladder with this team, without any defoggers, to 1400 without dying on an alt, how would that make you feel

On a scale of one to ten, with one being Thanks you dear Stuuful for delivering me this amazing team for which I am eternally grateful, to ten being This team is trash, I hate it, You have ruined my life and my day, I can no longer think about pokemon without being disgusted by this abomination of a team made by you, what was your reaction to this team

Hey, this is my first time to post a team here, so here's a fun un-team I've been testing for about a week and decided to post today for you guys. Be warned, this team that is fun for the whole family, and is guaranteed to make some users uncomfortable

First the sets
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Dragonite @ Electrium Z
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Fly
- Thunder Punch

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Roost

Basically, when I started to build this team some 6 days ago, I decided to make a team about two random pokemons. Thanks to my absolutely foolproof randomizing method, I ended up getting Mega Charizard X and Dragonite. I then built a team around those two pokemon, because that's what I do with my life.

1. I first started off with Charizard X. I run a Charizard X set with Hp investments because ( I legitimately don't know) because it allows Charizard to act as a better check for pokemon like Tapu Koko, and because I like putting Hp investments on attackers who I use for some semblance of defensive utility. Not much else to say about this set, its a pretty standard wall-breaker set
  2. I then was forced to use Dragonite. Dragonite is really cool, not much to say about the set, except that it is Electrium because I wanted a way to hit Celesteela and Toxapex for insane damage. Especially for Toxapex, since Tapu Bulu is a thing, and is paired with Toxapex. It also gets a buff from Tapu Koko. It can also act as a check to Hawlucha, even with Stealth Rock Damage.
  3. Here we have Tapu Koko, and this is where the team reaches fun levels of meme status. I originally had Specs, but because I wanted some form of speed control, plus a fun surprise factor, I used Choice Scarf. Not much to say here, but it's always fun to outspeed an Ash-Greninja locked in Hydro Pump, and K.O it
  4. Tapu Fini has a standard set with Defog
  5. Ferrothorn has a standard set ( as a side note, making random double switches with Ferrothorn on an incoming Magnezone is a surprisingly good way to lure)
  6. Gliscor has a standard set
All in all, this team isn't even close to the most effective team in the meta, it probably isn't a very good team to use if your a beginner. I originally wasn't even going to put this team here, but because something transpired, I did. This team is flawed in that it isn't very fast, and is reliant on Tapu Fini to keep rocks off. But still, for those who are interested in trying out this team, I hope you can have fun with it. As a side note, I am very open to criticisms of this team, as long as they aren't telling me to delete my post (inb4 someone tells me to delete my post). But if you do criticize this team, then please feel free to give honest answers in this questionaire
Please answer as honestly as humanly possible

Do you condone of this team

Does this team make you uncomfortable

Has this team changed you outlook on life. Please put a description of this change in you response to this post

If I told you I managed to ladder with this team, without any defoggers, to 1400 without dying on an alt, how would that make you feel

On a scale of one to ten, with one being Thanks you dear Stuuful for delivering me this amazing team for which I am eternally grateful, to ten being This team is trash, I hate it, You have ruined my life and my day, I can no longer think about pokemon without being disgusted by this abomination of a team made by you, what was your reaction to this team
If you want criticism on your team then this is the wring form to do that, https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/sm-ou-teams.409/ this is where you can get criticism about your team if you follow the guideline.

Here are some fun teams that I’ve been using lately. Honestly, I did not expect most of these teams to get me as high as they did, but as mentioned above, they’re mostly for fun.

Enjoy!

Aurora Veil 1.0 (peaked 1750)

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Hypnosis
- Safeguard

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Rotom-Heat @ Firium Z
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Zygarde @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 160 HP / 164 Atk / 28 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Coil

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 88 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Aurora Veil 2.0 (peaked 1800)

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Gravity
- Stealth Rock

Magearna @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 32 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA / 212 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Aura Sphere

Zygarde @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 160 HP / 168 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Latios-Mega @ Latiosite
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

EVs: 180 HP / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Aurora Veil
- Safeguard
- Freeze-Dry

Aurora Veil 3.0

980751E5-6CB2-4A95-9116-8D1376202D9C.png

EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Hypnosis
- Safeguard

Zygarde @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 164 Atk / 28 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Coil

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Work Up
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Magearna @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam

Xatu @ Weakness Policy
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Stored Power
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Hail stall (although it’s not very good)

Abomasnow (M) @ Icy Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Toxapex (F) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Spikes
- Counter

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
IVs: 16 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Last edited:
Here's a pretty good team built around Sharpedo-M that I really like in this metagame , pretty fun to play with

Sharpedo.png
Greninja.png
TapuLele.png
Magearna.png
LandorusT.png
Kartana.png

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang

Greninja @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SpA / 200 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 22 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword
- Defog

LO Greninja is here to help Sharpedo to sweep , Gunk Shot + Ice Beam + HP Fire is perfect , with that , you can kill Lando , Fini , Bulu , Tangrowth , Ferro , M-Scizor , Zapdos and some mons like that , Spikes to help Sharpedo again , Lele got the Psychic Terrain so you can get rid of the priorities and it's boosting Psychic Fangs , AV Magearna because we want a really good switch-in to Lele , Greninja etc... Defensive Lando is a good rocker , can switch-in on so many things , Scarf Kartana is here to revenge kill and rekt the rain teams , Defog for the Sticky Web

You can play Scarf Lele over the Specs just for the speed (but seriously , specs is better here)
You can play Rockium Z Lando , but I really prefer defensive Lando in this team
You can also play AV Magnezone so you can trap Scizor , Celesteela & Ferro (over AV Magearna)
Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 124 HP / 196 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
You can play Zapdos (with HP Ice + Heat Wave) over Lando-T if you really want to handle Hawlucha easily , but you lose the SRs
Why not an Electrium Z Lele + HP Fire just to lure Celesteela , but the loss of power without the Specs is huge
Earthquake over Ice Fang on Sharpedo so you can hit Heatran , Magearna & Tapu Koko is a decent option in this team
Zygarde SubDD > Lando-T so you have a decent switch-in to Heatran
And MAYBE Scarf Defog Latios over Kartana , but I really don't like this set

(The team is kind of weak to Hawlucha , but still cool to play with)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)