Ubers Analysis Discussion Thread

Approved by Melee Mewtwo and Fireburn

Given that the metagame changes from time to time and with ORAS around the corner, some of our uploaded Ubers analyses are/will be outdated in one way or another.

The purpose of this thread is then for us to discuss possible revamps and consolidate opinions in an orderly fashion.

Examples of revamps:
  • Slashing [move] on [set] of [Pokemon]
  • Removing mentions of ___ from an existing analysis
  • Adding a whole new set to an existing analysis
  • Reordering sets in existing analyses to reflect their general usefulness
    [/move]
[move]
Small changes can be done via SCMS edits. Regarding set additions, when a consensus has been reached on one of these, someone can (volunteer to) be assigned the individual set to work on; the finished product will be added to [Pokemon's] existing analysis.

Let's maintain the quality of our analyses as a community~[/move]

Last edited:

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
the Xerneas analysis needs hella changing, there are several mistakes and things that are outdated/missing.

Also, Melee Mewtwo sucks, I specifically mentioned this to him and Dice almost a month ago and he said it was a pointless thread.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Muk
I think giant revamps will just have to wait until either oras or when whatever is the new dex policy is decided. (assuming both come after potential Gengarite / Shadow Tag ban) I'd rather this thread just serve as minor fixes that could be done via scms.

Also, I'm not sure why wallceus and CB arceus are being included in the normalceus analysis. Could have sworn that was brought up ages ago...

I would wait to see the results of the Gengarite (and possibly STAG) suspect since those sets will become a lot more viable if Gengarite is canned.
idk, by the time that happens a lot of things will need to be revamped anyways. I'd much rather not have misleading sets on the things that are going to be up in the meantime.

PISTOLERO

I had an idea that might work in preventing Gothitelle from killing a certain support Arceus so easily: instead of using Judgment Arceus-Water, why not use Waterfall?

0 Atk Splash Plate Arceus-Water Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Gothitelle: 126-148 (36.7 - 43.1%) -- 99.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

so instead of Waterceus being trapped, Gothitelle can no longer set up Rest on it as it is 3HKOed through it. This only really works with Arceus-Water as Bullet Seed Arceus-Grass has variable power, although i'll look it up to see how it does. Arceus-Rock gets burned by Ho-Oh meaning that stone edge/rock slide is bad, also they have low PP and/or low accuracy, whereas Waterfall is drawback-free AND can flinch Gothitelle too. Arceus-Water doesn't really get burned (forgot about Ho-Oh, I'm a cretin), as Arceus formes tend not to wisp each other due to Toxic being better.

Last edited:
I can approve subCM, it's not bad at all with the rise of Gastro/sdef Kia. Requires very specific support, good luck. Otherwise CM Ogre is pretty meh for obvious reasons.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Too bad 1) Water Gem isn't released, and 2) they nerfed it. If it was still gen 5 mechanics I'd totally approve of CM + Water Gem

Giratina-O needs Shadow Force on its Defog set. Its a great move since it prevents Xerneas from receiving free setup, making Giratina-O preform better vs Hyper offense. I personally think the mixed set could be removed, but I haven't used it too much, so i'm not sure.

Last edited:
Ok pardon me if I sound really dense but I think that extremekiller should be the first set because it is one of if not the best set in ubers afaik. I could be wrong but please bear with me as I don't play that much ubers.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok pardon me if I sound really dense but I think that extremekiller should be the first set because it is one of if not the best set in ubers afaik. I could be wrong but please bear with me as I don't play that much ubers.
Are you looking at the smogon dex? If so, then the sets are ordered alphabetically so unfortunately we can't order the sets by viability.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh, one place I didn't check. Thanks.

I just presumed that it would be going to the "Uploaded analyses" forum. Sorry about the inconvenience.

page 1 of completed analyses in the prelim dex:
Ghost Arceus: should have Thunder edited out of the main set and given a moves mention at most.
Fairy Arceus: see above for Calm Mind set, Psyshock needs to go as well and Refresh given a slash.
Steel Arceus: Substitute should be given a mention on the Calm Mind set, not that anyone uses Steel Arceus but.
Heatran: should have Protect and Taunt slashed with Stealth Rock in move 3. Personally I feel Stealth Rock should not get first slash.
Groudon: Lum Berry should be given a slash on Support; Roar slashed over Dragon Tail or Dragon Tail in moves; Roar given first slash.

also heal block on keys, sforce on gira, charm on goth. can those who have scms access edit this stuff in/out once there is some approval for this?

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
The spread on support Mega Scizor also need a reboot. 248 HP / 136 Atk / 124 SpD with an Adamant nature is what I use at least as it 2HKOs Geoxern with Bullet Punch and can live any one hit from it at +2 in the rain after Stealth Rock. If you run Knock Off, it comes with the added bonus of 2HKOing Clefable without Leftovers.

Swords Dance Mega Scizor should also have a set in my honest opinion. It's a small task, so I can draft up the skelly for SD Scizor if need be.

Edit: Back to the topic of changing spreads, 52 SpD should be there on CB Ho-Oh (taken out of Attack of course).

Last edited:
best mega scizor spread is addy 16 attack rest in p and spdef, i'm too lazy to scms that myself, though

Ghost Arceus: should have Thunder edited out of the main set and given a moves mention at most.
Fairy Arceus: see above for Calm Mind set, Psyshock needs to go as well and Refresh given a slash.
Steel Arceus: Substitute should be given a mention on the Calm Mind set, not that anyone uses Steel Arceus but.
Heatran: should have Protect and Taunt slashed with Stealth Rock in move 3. Personally I feel Stealth Rock should not get first slash.
Groudon: Lum Berry should be given a slash on Support; Roar slashed over Dragon Tail or Dragon Tail in moves; Roar given first slash.

also heal block on keys, sforce on gira, charm on goth. can those who have scms access edit this stuff in/out once there is some approval for this?
Ghost Arceus: Go ahead
Fairy Arceus: I don't personally think refresh is that great, it beats stall but you lack the utility of wisp cm vs offense. If you are really concerned about stall for some reason. I mean stall is hard to crack without dedicating some thought in preparing for it, it is however in my experience not that difficult building teams that can break stall. tho, I do see a lot of players not being able to break stall with their builds so maybe a second slash is fine. Just a side note since we are discussing this mon- I personally think defog Arceus fairy is unviable and should be removed from the analysis altogether.
Steel Arceus: Go ahead
Heatran: I don't really like SR on it either. Heatran works better as a toxic staller and protect helps it survive longer. Roar isn't good either, it's not a reliable Xern check. With toxic+protect you beat some geoxerns anyway. plume/toxic/protect/taunt is what i feel is best in the meta.
Groudon: No, I disagree here. Lum on support isn't gonna help one bit- meager damage output makes you walled by tonnes of shit even if you are able to avoid the first burn attempt. Lum+twave+max atk is another story and is sometimes usable, but that's not the standard support set. I thought support set looked like SR/eq/sedge/roar (first slashes) so if it doesn't I'm all for changing that.

PISTOLERO

Done Arceus Ghost and Charm / Heal Bell Gothitelle, did Fairy and Steel too but like a cretin forgot to save before submitting and submitted empty changes

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)