Tytus' 3D Art

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm just curious. Do you sketch these first or do you just do them directly in the program?

These are extremely well done also.

No, I start them from scratch in the program and look at the official artwork just as a reference. To my knowledge there is no way to start from an existing sketch.

Solidworks is basically a CAD program, if you're familiar with any of those.If you want to know more about it you can read about it here.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Wow, Regice and Snorunt are very nice, and those pokeballs are extremely awesome too. Hope to see even more from this thread :)

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Nice Snorunt!

Wondering what glailie will look like!
If it looks good, I might just consider adding a link in my signature to here.

Four new Pokeballs are up.

I'm currently working on Registeel but I'm a bit pressed for time this week. Might post a progress snapshot later to see if you guys have any suggestions. It's much easier to make changes earlier than later in this program.

Ok, I thought it might be neat to show you guys what this looks like mid-construction. So here is the outer shell of Registeel as a sketch:

And this is what it looks like cleaned up:

I have the interior done too and am currently working on the arms. I thought I was going to be done last night but the arms turned out too stubby and I pretty much have to start them over. They will be able to rotate in the empty socket joints seen above.

Edit: Check the first post for full Registeel shots.

I don't know about making Regirock now. It would be a shame not to, but all those angles may destroy me.

Registeel looks great! I'm under the impression that the "real" one is a little less thin though.

Are you going to do Regirock next? Or isn't he geometrically shaped enough?

Not requesting/demanding (I'm not all that great a fan of the Regis except for 'gas), just wondering.

If you're still doing geometric-shape-based pokemon, how about trying Nosepass? If that works out, you could try its evo Probopass.

That program looks amazingly complecated, great job with Registeel btw!
It's not so bad when you go step by step. Thanks!
Registeel looks great! I'm under the impression that the "real" one is a little less thin though.

Are you going to do Regirock next? Or isn't he geometrically shaped enough?

Not requesting/demanding (I'm not all that great a fan of the Regis except for 'gas), just wondering.
I want to make Regirock, as well as Metagross, but I think there's a new technique I need to learn to make shapes like that. I have an idea, but it's really complicated and I can't try it for a few days. The body poses a problem as well, because it has absolutely no symmetry.
If you're still doing geometric-shape-based pokemon, how about trying Nosepass? If that works out, you could try its evo Probopass.
Nosepass might be possible, but he has the same problem as the above two. I think I'm gonna do Glalie next, or fire Castform.

Thanks for the compliments!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)