Trying to make server

I need some help you guys/girls.

When I try to make a server (I know how!) it becomes a jerk. When I put in the command to add the things, it gives me tons of errors.

Austin

Schismatic
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you are having troubles with adding commands, you should try improving your JavaScript skills. There are plenty of websites that can help you improve, all you have to do is use google. You should also stay away from coping other servers coding as they have changed multiple files to get thing to work the way they do

If you are having troubles with adding commands, you should try improving your JavaScript skills. There are plenty of websites that can help you improve, all you have to do is use google. You should also stay away from coping other servers coding as they have changed multiple files to get thing to work the way they do
... Let me tell you what I mean. When I go into node.js 1st I tell it where PS is and then I put "npm install" and tons of errors show up.

npm install often does that. From experience i sometimes have to run it a 2 times until nothing gets installed. After that happens you're free to do node app.js (dont do npm start) and the server should come up

Did you navigate to the right path? In the terminal try “cd /path/to/PS“? first then npm install ?

What version of nodejs are you running? you need like ver 4 now do “node -v“ to check the version number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)