RU Tornadus

pannu

MEDKIT CUZ SHES HEALABLE
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Tornadus (M)
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Superpower

Tornadus finds itself a niche on offensive teams with entry hazards thanks to its ability Defiant, which discourages Defoggers like Crobat and Flygon from removing entry hazards. This makes it go hand-in-hand alongside entry hazard setters like Golisopod, Registeel, and Nidoqueen. Acrobatics can take advantage of potential Attack boosts; as such, Tornadus doesn't run an item in order to utilize Acrobatics's full power. U-turn lets Tornadus take advantage of the free turns it generates by bringing in wallbreakers such as Volcanion and Nidoqueen. Furthermore, U-turn in tandem with Knock Off lets Tornadus wear down switch-ins such as Xurkitree, Metagross, and Rotom-C over time. Superpower nicely complements Acrobatics, as it hits Rock- and Steel-types like Stakataka, Steelix, and Registeel that tend to switch into it. Lastly, its Stealth Rock weakness, caused by forgoing Heavy-Duty Boots, can be mitigated through spinners like Dhelmise and Starmie.

1012 charas

Last edited by a moderator:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
add remove comments

Tornadus (M)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Superpower

Tornadus finds itself a niche on Hazard Stack offenses thanks to its ability Defiant, which discourages key Defoggers like Crobat and Togekiss Flygon from defogging away hazards, as it'd cause its Attack to raise. This makes it go hand in hand perfectly alongside hazard setters like Shuckle, Klefki, and Nidoqueen. [weird examples; biggest Spiker is Golis, then i'd throw in Registeel as a Rocker that can't hit the Defog users very hard]. Acrobatics is its best Flying-type move that takes advantage of potential Defiant Attack (makes clear that it needs to be a phys stab) boosts; as such, Tornadus doesn't run an item in order to utilize Acrobatics's full power. It's nicely complimented by Superpower, which hits Rock- and Steel-types such as Stakataka, Steelix, and Registeel that try to switch into Tornadus' Flying-type moves. Knock Off allows it to make progress against switch-ins like Metagross and Xurkitree. U-turn lets Tornadus pivot back into your hazard setter to set up their hazards again once the Defogger has been dealt with, and can also pivot in teammates like Flygon, Necrozma, and Mimikyu for easy setup opportunities. [weird last sentence. I think it's less about bringing in set-up mons than bringing in another breaker that can take advantage of the free turn against steel and electric-types, such as Volcanion/Nidoqueen and Nidoqueen/Celebi respectively. I'd also talk about Knock + U-turn in conjunction, since they work together to wear down its (slower) switch-ins].

with any extra space, i'd mention Dhelmise and Starmie's Rapid Spin support to make up for Tornadus not using Boots.

957 charas

pannuracotta implement changes above then will stamp

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just the general overview of the spread that the 4 hp can be anywhere else so the tornadus can switch into stealth rock 4 times without dying, assuming not prior damage

So like

Tornadus (M)
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Superpower

Minimal, but gets a long way!

Implement changes suggested and QC stamp shall be applied right quick

deetah

Delicate as silk
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Add Remove Comments (RC) = Remove Comma
EDIT: Implementing this myself because this goes out tomorrow.

GP 1/1

Beidou_Stamp.gif

Tornadus (M)
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Superpower

Tornadus finds itself a niche on hazard stack offenses offensive teams with entry hazards thanks to its ability Defiant, which discourages Defoggers like Crobat and Flygon from defogging away entry hazards, as it'd cause its Attack to raise removing entry hazards. This makes it go hand-in-hand alongside entry hazard setters like Golispod Golisopod, Registeel, and Nidoqueen. Acrobatics is its best Flying-type move to can take advantage of potential Attack boosts; as such, Tornadus doesn't run an item in order to utilize Acrobatics's full power. U-turn lets Tornadus take advantage of the free turns it generates, (RC) by bringing in wallbreakers such as Volcanion and Nidoqueen. Furthermore, U-turn in tandem with Knock Off lets Tornadus wear down switch-ins such as Xurkitree, Metagross, and Rotom-C over time. Superpower nicely complements Acrobatics, as it hits Rock- and Steel-types like Stakataka, Steelix, and Registeel that tend to switch into it. Lastly, Its its Stealth Rock weakness, caused by forgoing Heavy-Duty Boots, can be mitigated through spinners like Dhelmise and Starmie.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)