Tournament TLT: Round 5 (Losers Bracket Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion

Banner and approval by sirDonovan
the "will natalie stop posting rounds early" addition
Welcome to the fifth week of TLT! Throughout this tournament, players will battle in a best-of-three format each round, with Smogon's standard tiers being the metagames played. This tournament is also double elimination, so if you're defeated once, you're still in the loser's portion of the bracket.

The tiers that will be played are:

SM Ubers
SM OU
SM UU
SM RU
SM NU
SM LC
SM Doubles OU

In order to fairly determine the three of these seven tiers played in each individual matchup, players will take turns eliminating tiers among themselves. They'll both eliminate two tiers, thus leaving three tiers to be played. The lower seeded player will eliminate the first tier, followed by the higher seed player, and it will repeat in that order once more. The higher seed player picks what tier is played first of the three tiers. After that, the loser of game one picks which of the two tiers is played for game two. Naturally, game three will be played in the last remaining tier.

(Example: Eyan is a one seed, while Natalie is a sixteen seed. Natalie, the lower seed, chooses to first eliminate UU. Eyan follows with RU. Natalie then eliminates Doubles OU, and Eyan eliminates LC. Of the three tiers remaining, Eyan, the higher seed, chooses to play NU first. Eyan then loses game one, and chooses to play OU next. Should it go to game three, the game mode would be Ubers.)

Basic tournament rules - you should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for three days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Substitutions will be made only for rounds one & two, with round two subs only being allowed for any participants in the loser's bracket.

Round Five Losers Bracket Matchups
Hell Rayquaza11 vs Elyna
t0te vs MJ
bdov vs (Winner of Hamhamhamham vs Plas )
Luthier vs London13
Jrsmash9 vs SANJAY
Overdragoon vs MiyoKa
The Cheesen One vs PokemonCestDur
Pradhaaan vs EternalSnowman
As always, the higher seed is on the left side of the matchups. However, if Hamhamhamham wins vs Plas, he would be considered the higher seed vs Bdov.​

As of Round Four & onward, USUM is legal to be played as the metagame for a set instead of SM if both players agree to it.
The deadline for this round is December 10th, 11:59pm (GMT -5)
The deadline for the extension is December 6th, 11:59pm (GMT -5)

Last edited:

Alore

i'm sorry
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I'm pretty sure people just find these predictions annoying but I'll do them anyway to seem relevant;

Hell Rayquaza11 vs Elyna - HR11 seems to win whenever I predict against him but I think Elyna should win this.
t0te vs MJ - Should be fairly straightforward.
bdov vs (Winner of Hamhamhamham vs Plas ) - bdov's run ends here, so does Plas'.
Luthier vs (Loser of London13 vs FMG ) - I feel FMG will win this however feel Luthier vs london13 will be close, leaning an L13 win.
Jrsmash9 vs SANJAY - No clue who will win this one.
Overdragoon vs MiyoKa - Could go either way, but MiyoKa will get haxed like every game and so will need to play twice as well to win.
(Loser of parivard vs The Cheesen One ) vs PokemonCestDur - Cheesen will proceed through Winners whilst PokemonCestDur will hand pari his second L.
Pradhaaan vs EternalSnowman - no comment.

Bonne chance et amuse-toi a la plupart

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
hello friends i am back again with a bingo update in order to make life easier for the fine folks trying to complete a row.

As you can see, we have gone from "one round without a prediction post on page one" to "one round without a prediction post within the first thirty minutes."
I realize this may be a challenge for some still but believe as a community we are up to the task.

Last edited:
Hell Rayquaza11 vs Elyna- will always pick u elyna, win for me >_<
t0te vs MJ- tote should take this easily as long as he doesnt throw
bdov vs (Winner of Hamhamhamham vs Plas )- probably the best player out of those 3
Luthier vs (Loser of London13 vs FMG )- FMG takes it all
Jrsmash9 vs SANJAY- lol
Overdragoon vs MiyoKa- obvious
(Loser of parivard vs The Cheesen One ) vs PokemonCestDur- U r easily finalist material so u will pass losers and go onto winners where u face FMGOAT.
Pradhaaan vs EternalSnowman- who?

Hell Rayquaza11 vs Elyna - had a far better showing then hr11 until now
t0te vs MJ - r5 and i still dont know
bdov vs (Winner of Hamhamhamham vs Plas ) - hoping for plas to pull through, but skillwise ham should probably have this
Luthier vs (Loser of London13 vs FMG ) - fmg should have an easy win against london. luthier vs london should be closer but i think luthier will take it
Jrsmash9 vs SANJAY - No clue who will win this one.
Overdragoon vs MiyoKa - highlight imo
(Loser of parivard vs The Cheesen One ) vs PokemonCestDur - should be some interesting matches
Pradhaaan vs EternalSnowman - should be a good series but esm got this

Lost vs FMG 2-1 (I won lc, he won uu and nu.) I'm not going to complain here since its pointless because the battles are over. Got slightly misfortune with the medicham miss, but that's mons. All i will say is that i'm going to miss being in winners and only playing one match every 2 weeks, since it was so chill. Anyway, as usual, i have the replays for all 3 matches since i always preserve them. The whole of the "goon squad" (bar cheesen) are out of winners but we had some tough match ups as a collective unit.

lc replay http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7lc-668445097
uu replay https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-668454679
nu replay https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-668463053

My life represent by the image above.

Last edited:
man johnin' and tryna farm likes on schedule ic u
Yes and no lmao, I've been more thorough with scheduling games since one of my opponents in the PU seasonal
upload_2017-12-3_13-13-37.png
literally contacted me in the last day we had allowed to have the games at 5 AM my time, then called me on activity for not showing up, when he didn't respond to my message from 3 days before LOL.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Lost in 2 against The Cheesen One,

Wasn't prepare at all to play DOU, was pretty lamentable.

Had a lot of fun during this whole tour

Gl to The Cheesen One + the others and special thanks to Alorre for your support...

And of course for you Nat to host this special tour really well. xo xo

anyone else notice how in TLT up to this point i lost to a person who has the same name on smogon and PS! and won against people with different names i lost to FMG who's name is also same in smogon and PS! and won against lopd(Brawlion),-Latios-(Tempering) and Lightning1870(Negatory) so i am not that confident against Elyna lol

Won in 2 ggs (NU and RU) vs Luthier. Nothing much to say apart from the fact that we were both busy and both players could have performed better within the battles. GL to both Ham and Bdov, i eagerly await playing one of you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)