Timer Help

Ok, so I'm fairly new to Showdown, and I'm pretty sure the timer isn't meant to only give me 40 seconds and then continue counting down after I select a move and force me to lose. It's happened a couple of times, and it's happened to an opponent before, which is just a hollow victory. Does anyone know why this happens?

Ok, so I'm fairly new to Showdown, and I'm pretty sure the timer isn't meant to only give me 40 seconds and then continue counting down after I select a move and force me to lose. It's happened a couple of times, and it's happened to an opponent before, which is just a hollow victory. Does anyone know why this happens?
The timer is set to 150 seconds on ladder battles and 300 seconds on challenges to other players. Sometimes there is lag that causes the timer to continue counting down. Its a known problem and I believe staff are working on it. Just make sure you make your moves promptly and you shouldn't be victim to any weird timer losses.

Oh right. But yeah as I said sometimes I do pick it super fast and it still goes down while I'm waiting for the opponent .-. Oh well it's not the worst thing in the world luckily it doesn't happen that often. Thanks though.

just do /timer on at the beginning of each match so you can do /timer off later if its lagging really badly... that way you can __sort of__ prevent this problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)