SM OU Time - Band Staraptor Balanced

Introduction:

After the ban of Arena Trap, someone on the viability ranking thread nominated Staraptor to C-, and reminded me that this mon was my all time favorite one. Therefore, I decided to create a team around the set that, in my opinion, is the most efficient in the current metagame: the banded set. Also, I feel like Band Staraptor works best on balanced.

As said, band staraptor is the mon I decided to build my team around, because of its incredible breaking potential (see the calcs at the bottom of the page), and because of the fact that I think it is pretty underrated as a mon.

The next mon I picked was substitute Calm Mind Keldeo. Now, Keldeo and Staraptor do form a really nice breaking core: while the bird takes care of pretty much all of the checks of Keldeo, aka bulky water/grasses, the poney uses Staraptor's checks as setup fodder. Also, Keldeo provides a nice Greninja check.

Now that I had my breakers, the need of a defensive backbone was more and more pressing, so I picked Clefable. There, Clef brings the ever so prevalent stealth rock, as well as a way of dealing with problematic mon, such as Latios (if not calm mind), Zygard, or Mega Lopunny.

The fact that I had Clefable as my third mon left me with some serious weaknesses to several threats like Tapu Koko, Mega-Diancie, opposing Keldeo, Volcarona, as well as double dance Magearna, nearly all of which are checked by Mega-Venusaur.

Now that the team was beginning to take form, I saw that the majority of the squad was badly crippled by cheep/recoil damage (Brave Bird/Double edge for Staraptor, substitute for Keldeo, and burn for Venusaur), and I also didn't like the fact that Specs Lele was 6-0ing the team, so spdef Jirachi was a pretty solid pick in order to deal with these problems.

Finally, I needed a mon that could act as a scarfer and that could remove entry hazards at the same time. The two mon that were able to perform this role were Excadrill and Latios, but while Latios couldn't touch Diancie and couldn't stop Pinsir with little cheep damages, Excadrill was able to, and I therefore picked him.

In depth analysis:

upload_2017-10-4_17-43-56.png

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

There it is, back from the oblivion of borderline, the strong bird counter attack. Now, more seriously, after the ban of Dugtrio, everyone on showdown has been able to see the wallbreaking power of Specs Lele. So, you know what, Staraptor hits even harder, and is able to 2Hko everything in the metagame that isn't named Skarmory. For the moveset, Brave Bird is these to kill things, Double-Edge is for everything that isn't 2Hkoed by Brave Bird, Close Combat destroy most steel types, and Quick Attack is there in order to patch the relative weakness of the team to Volcarona and Gyarados. It is better to take the bird out during the early/late game in order to let Keldeo or Excadrill clean the adverse team.

Against fat Lando: -1 252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Landorus-Therian: 195-229 (51 - 59.9%) -- 87.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Against Zapdos: 252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 297-349 (77.5 - 91.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Against Heatran: 252+ Atk Choice Band Staraptor Close Combat vs. 212 HP / 44 Def Heatran: 372-438 (98.9 - 116.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Double-Edge vs. 212 HP / 44 Def Heatran: 166-196 (44.1 - 52.1%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Against AV Mag: 252+ Atk Choice Band Staraptor Close Combat vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 181-213 (51.5 - 60.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Double-Edge vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 162-191 (46.1 - 54.4%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Against Skarm: 252+ Atk Choice Band Staraptor Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 238+ Def Skarmory: 117-138 (35.1 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
Against Steela: 252+ Atk Choice Band Staraptor Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Celesteela: 159-188 (39.9 - 47.2%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Against Toxapex: 252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 204-240 (67.1 - 78.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 68+ Def Toxapex: 220-261 (72.3 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Against Clefable: 252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 321-378 (81.4 - 95.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Against Mew: 252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 144 Def Mew: 318-375 (78.7 - 92.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Against Scizor-Mega:252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Scizor-Mega: 210-247 (61.2 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Against Sabley-Mega: 252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 116 Def Sableye-Mega: 274-324 (90.4 - 106.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth
Against Chansey: 252+ Atk Choice Band Staraptor Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 538-634 (76.5 - 90.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

upload_2017-10-4_17-45-33.png

Keldeo @ Waterium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Substitute

After big bird weakened enought the opposing team, it often is Keldeo's job to finish the opposing team. Then Keldeo can act as a sweeper against slower team, Substitute is nearly mandatory on this set, so that it can avoid it's worst ennemy: toxic. The rest of the set is pretty self explanatory: Calm Mind so that it can set itself up, and Hydro Pump and Secret Sword for the Stab. As stated before, against team featuring Ash-Greninja, to keep Keldeo healthy enough so that it can take at least two dark pulses/Hydro pumps is crucial, then Ash-Gren can be a huge threat to this team otherwise.

upload_2017-10-4_17-47-29.png

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

T-Wave Clefable is an essential member of this team, then it is basically the only thing that prevent 1 time setup sweeper such as Hawlucha or Victini to destroy the squad, then it can paralyze them so that Staraptor or Keldeo can revenge kill them.. Appart from T-Wave, Clef's moves are really standart: Soft-Boiled for the longevity, Stealth Rock because rocks are op, and Moonblast because Stab. Because of its key function on the team, it is better to sac Clefable as late as possible, then even with low HP, it can still be brought back to a acceptable level of health by Jirachi's wish.

upload_2017-10-4_17-51-54.png

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 88 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed / Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power Fire /Giga Drain

In this team, Venusaur maybe is the least important mon, then quite a large amount of its abilities as performed (but not as well) by some other member of the team. Still, it is really useful against rain, which otherwise is a really tough match-up, or at absorbing T-spikes so that Keldeo isn't poisoned. The moveset is pretty simple, but moves can clearly be changed, it just depend what you prefer: while leech seed allows you to better deal with Magearna, Giga Drain prevent Diancie to have free switch-ins when Venu is on the field, and hp fire mean that you can 1v1 ferro and Scizor.

upload_2017-10-4_17-55-46.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
- Wish
- Protect

Jirachi act there as a bulky, slow pivot that makes it easier for the breakers to come on the field without dying on the switch in. Also, it pairs very nicely with Clefable: While Clef takes care of the majority of the physical attacker in the current metagame, Jirachi deals with pretty much all of the special attacker (unless named Ash-Gren) that threaten Clef. Also, its wish support can patch the low pp of Venu's synthesis.

upload_2017-10-4_18-1-12.png

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Finally, Excadrill is our tool of speed control, and our only way of removing entry hazard as well as the only way the team has to deal with Pinsir. If needed, Excadrill can be surprisingly effective at performing late game sweeps with eartquake, assuming that ground immunities have been removed.

Threatlist:

upload_2017-10-4_19-4-5.png
:The fact that all respectable trick room feature two little mons named Marowak-Alola and Mawile Mega, who under the trick room are faster than all of the team and who are able to 2Hko every member of it, which mean that it is a VERY tough mu. When facing trick room, the best option you have is often to lead with Staraptor, fire off a huge hit on Uxie, and then to try to burn as much Trick Room turn as possible with Jirachi's protect and Keldeo's substitute and then to go back on Staraptor in order to finish Uxie/begin to kill Magearna or Cresselia, until all Trick Room setter are gone. But still, this match up is horrible.

:
As said before, the only way to revenge kill Pinsir with the team is with Excadrill's Rock Slide, as it always can live a +2 Quick Attack (+2 252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Excadrill: 135-159 (37.3 - 44%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock). In order to safely bring it on the field, the best way often is to sac a mon. But the worst can happen if Pinsir sets a substitute up, then basically every mon in the team apart from drill is destroyed by return/Quick Attack.​

:The problem with scarf drill is that it cannot revenge kill properly +1 base 100 speed. Therefore, rocks being up is even more important, as, to be able to revenge kill volc with big bird’s Quick Attack, it at least need to be under 50%, and even then, you only have 50% chances to kill it. Alternatively, Venusaur can also tank a +1 Fire Blast/psychic (+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 88+ SpD Thick Fat Venusaur-Mega: 200-236 (55 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock;+1 252 SpA Volcarona Psychic vs. 248 HP / 88+ SpD Venusaur-Mega: 218-258 (60 - 71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock), and then cripple the moth with leech seed, so that you can PV stall him with with Jirachi’s protect, and then finish it with a banded Quick Attack.

:SSSS Gyarados and Z Celebrate Victini are quite similar: while they can easily sweep this team after they used Z-Celebrate/Dragon Dance, both of them cannot OHKO Clefable at +1 (+1 252 SpA Victini Stored Power (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Clefable: 265-313 (67.4 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery;+1 252 Atk Gyarados Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 334-394 (84.9 - 100.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO), which therefore can paralyze them, so that Staraptor, Excadrill or Keldeo can finish them. Gyarados is a bit harder to deal with, then even after it got paralyzed, I can still setup more Dragon Dances but, unless it is at +5 speed, Excadrill can still revenge kill it with Rock Slide.

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-Turn

Keldeo @ Waterium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Substitute

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
- Wish
- Protect

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

- Tymkiev, who made the Staraptor FanArt
- OmiSociel, who made the Keldeo FanArt
- AutobotTesla for the Clefable and the Mega Venusaur FanArt
- gothYvonne, who made the Jirachi
- Ethreain, who made the Excadrill

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
- Wish
- Protect

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge
- Scald

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Polish
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Attachments

Last edited:

Introduction:

After the ban of dugtrio, someone on the viability ranking thread nominated Staraptor to C-, and reminded me that this mon was my all time favorite one. Therefore, I decided to create a team around the set that, in my opinion, is the most efficient in the current metagame: the banded set. Also, I feel like Band Staraptor works best on balanced.

As said, band staraptor is the mon I decided to build my team around, because of its incredible breaking potential (see the calcs at the bottom of the page), and because of the fact that I think it is pretty underrated as a mon.

The next mon I picked was substitute Calm Mind Keldeo. Now, Keldeo and Staraptor do form a really nice breaking core: while the bird takes care of pretty much all of the checks of Keldeo, aka bulky water/grasses, the poney uses Staraptor's checks as setup fodder. Also, Keldeo provides a nice Greninja check.

Now that I had my breakers, the need of a defensive backbone was more and more pressing, so I picked Clefable. There, Clef brings the ever so prevalent stealth rock, as well as a way of dealing with problematic mon, such as Latios (if not calm mind), Zygard, or Mega Lopunny.

The fact that I had Clefable as my third mon left me with some serious weaknesses to several threats like Tapu Koko, Mega-Diancie, opposing Keldeo, Volcarona, as well as double dance Magearna, nearly all of which are checked by Mega-Venusaur.

Now that the team was beginning to take form, I saw that the majority of the squad was badly crippled by cheep/recoil damage (Brave Bird/Double edge for Staraptor, substitute for Keldeo, and burn for Venusaur), and I also didn't like the fact that Specs Lele was 6-0ing the team, so spdef Jirachi was a pretty solid pick in order to deal with these problems.

Finally, I needed a mon that could act as a scarfer and that could remove entry hazards at the same time. The two mon that were able to perform this role were Excadrill and Latios, but while Latios couldn't touch Diancie and couldn't stop Pinsir with little cheep damages, Excadrill was able to, and I therefore picked him.

In depth analysis:

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

There it is, back from the oblivion of borderline, the strong bird counter attack. Now, more seriously, after the ban of Dugtrio, everyone on showdown has been able to see the wallbreaking power of Specs Lele. So, you know what, Staraptor hits even harder, and is able to 2Hko everything in the metagame that isn't named Skarmory. For the moveset, Brave Bird is these to kill things, Double-Edge is for everything that isn't 2Hkoed by Brave Bird, Close Combat destroy most steel types, and Quick Attack is there in order to patch the relative weakness of the team to Volcarona and Gyarados. It is better to take the bird out during the early/late game in order to let Keldeo or Excadrill clean the adverse team.

Against fat Lando: -1 252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Landorus-Therian: 195-229 (51 - 59.9%) -- 87.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Against Zapdos: 252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 297-349 (77.5 - 91.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Against Heatran: 252+ Atk Choice Band Staraptor Close Combat vs. 212 HP / 44 Def Heatran: 372-438 (98.9 - 116.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Double-Edge vs. 212 HP / 44 Def Heatran: 166-196 (44.1 - 52.1%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Against AV Mag: 252+ Atk Choice Band Staraptor Close Combat vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 181-213 (51.5 - 60.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Double-Edge vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 162-191 (46.1 - 54.4%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Against Skarm: 252+ Atk Choice Band Staraptor Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 238+ Def Skarmory: 117-138 (35.1 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
Against Steela: 252+ Atk Choice Band Staraptor Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Celesteela: 159-188 (39.9 - 47.2%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Against Toxapex: 252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 204-240 (67.1 - 78.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 68+ Def Toxapex: 220-261 (72.3 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Against Clefable: 252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 321-378 (81.4 - 95.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Against Mew: 252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 144 Def Mew: 318-375 (78.7 - 92.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Against Scizor-Mega:252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Scizor-Mega: 210-247 (61.2 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Against Sabley-Mega: 252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 116 Def Sableye-Mega: 274-324 (90.4 - 106.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth
Against Chansey: 252+ Atk Choice Band Staraptor Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 538-634 (76.5 - 90.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Waterium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Substitute

After big bird weakened enought the opposing team, it often is Keldeo's job to finish the opposing team. Then Keldeo can act as a sweeper against slower team, Substitute is nearly mandatory on this set, so that it can avoid it's worst ennemy: toxic. The rest of the set is pretty self explanatory: Calm Mind so that it can set itself up, and Hydro Pump and Secret Sword for the Stab. As stated before, against team featuring Ash-Greninja, to keep Keldeo healthy enough so that it can take at least two dark pulses/Hydro pumps is crucial, then Ash-Gren can be a huge threat to this team otherwise.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

T-Wave Clefable is an essential member of this team, then it is basically the only thing that prevent 1 time setup sweeper such as Hawlucha or Victini to destroy the squad, then it can paralyze them so that Staraptor or Keldeo can revenge kill them.. Appart from T-Wave, Clef's moves are really standart: Soft-Boiled for the longevity, Stealth Rock because rocks are op, and Moonblast because Stab. Because of its key function on the team, it is better to sac Clefable as late as possible, then even with low HP, it can still be brought back to a acceptable level of health by Jirachi's wish.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

In this team, Venusaur maybe is the least important mon, then quite a large amount of its abilities as performed (but not as well) by some other member of the team. Still, it is really useful against rain, which otherwise is a really tough match-up, or at absorbing T-spikes so that Keldeo isn't poisoned. The moveset is pretty simple, but moves can clearly be changed, it just depend what you prefer: while leech seed allows you to better deal with Magearna, Giga Drain prevent Diancie to have free switch-ins when Venu is on the field, and hp fire mean that you can 1v1 ferro and Scizor.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
- Wish
- Protect

Jirachi act there as a bulky, slow pivot that makes it easier for the breakers to come on the field without dying on the switch in. Also, it pairs very nicely with Clefable: While Clef takes care of the majority of the physical attacker in the current metagame, Jirachi deals with pretty much all of the special attacker (unless named Ash-Gren) that threaten Clef. Also, its wish support can patch the low pp of Venu's synthesis.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Finally, Excadrill is our tool of speed control, and our only way of removing entry hazard as well as the only way the team has to deal with Pinsir. If needed, Excadrill can be surprisingly effective at performing late game sweeps with eartquake, assuming that ground immunities have been removed.

Threatlist:

View attachment 89227:The fact that all respectable trick room feature two little mons named Marowak-Alola and Mawile Mega, who under the trick room are faster than all of the team and who are able to 2Hko every member of it, which mean that it is a VERY tough mu. When facing trick room, the best option you have is often to lead with Staraptor, fire off a huge hit on Uxie, and then to try to burn as much Trick Room turn as possible with Jirachi's protect and Keldeo's substitute and then to go back on Staraptor in order to finish Uxie/begin to kill Magearna or Cresselia, until all Trick Room setter are gone. But still, this match up is horrible.

:
As said before, the only way to revenge kill Pinsir with the team is with Excadrill's Rock Slide, as it always can live a +2 Quick Attack (+2 252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Excadrill: 135-159 (37.3 - 44%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock). In order to safely bring it on the field, the best way often is to sac a mon. But the worst can happen if Pinsir sets a substitute up, then basically every mon in the team apart from drill is destroyed by return/Quick Attack.​

:The problem with scarf drill is that it cannot revenge kill properly +1 base 100 speed. Therefore, rocks being up is even more important, as, to be able to revenge kill volc with big bird’s Quick Attack, it at least need to be under 50%, and even then, you only have 50% chances to kill it. Alternatively, Venusaur can also tank a +1 Fire Blast/psychic (+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 88+ SpD Thick Fat Venusaur-Mega: 200-236 (55 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock;+1 252 SpA Volcarona Psychic vs. 248 HP / 88+ SpD Venusaur-Mega: 218-258 (60 - 71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock), and then cripple the moth with leech seed, so that you can PV stall him with with Jirachi’s protect, and then finish it with a banded Quick Attack.

:SSSS Gyarados and Z Celebrate Victini are quite similar: while they can easily sweep this team after they used Z-Celebrate/Dragon Dance, both of them cannot OHKO Clefable at +1 (+1 252 SpA Victini Stored Power (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Clefable: 265-313 (67.4 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery;+1 252 Atk Gyarados Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 334-394 (84.9 - 100.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO), which therefore can paralyze them, so that Staraptor, Excadrill or Keldeo can finish them. Gyarados is a bit harder to deal with, then even after it got paralyzed, I can still setup more Dragon Dances but, unless it is at +5 speed, Excadrill can still revenge kill it with Rock Slide.

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Keldeo @ Waterium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Substitute

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
- Wish
- Protect

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

- Tymkiev, who made the Staraptor FanArt
- OmiSociel, who made the Keldeo FanArt
- AutobotTesla for the Clefable and the Mega Venusaur FanArt
- gothYvonne, who made the Jirachi
- Ethreain, who made the Excadrill
1st off, nothing is better then a specs lele psychic thank u very much, 2nd off mons like lando completely destroy this team, maybe make that scarf keld and defog mew for that, 2nd off is lele actually blows back this team except jirachi, so mew helps a lot there too, av mags still a threat if mega venu dies, and of course freeze shock kyub is good v u, keld helps v scarf varients a lot, fire blast clef should be used 4 ferrothorn. also not sure staraptor deserves spotlight, but otherwise decent team my mans

1st off, nothing is better then a specs lele psychic thank u very much, 2nd off mons like lando completely destroy this team, maybe make that scarf keld and defog mew for that, 2nd off is lele actually blows back this team except jirachi, so mew helps a lot there too, av mags still a threat if mega venu dies, and of course freeze shock kyub is good v u, keld helps v scarf varients a lot, fire blast clef should be used 4 ferrothorn. also not sure staraptor deserves spotlight, but otherwise decent team my mans
Firstly, thanks for the feedback !

Then, when you say that I should make Clef Fire Blast, it means that I cannot T-Wave adverse mons, and that I therefore have a lot more difficulties dealing deal with Victini and Gyarados, as Victini need to be under 82% at least to be in range of Keldeo's Hydro Pump, and Gyarados isn't KOed by Keldeo's Stone edge+ Staraptor's Quick Attack.
As for Kuyb, Jirachi can already deal with him as Subzero slammer + Fusion Bolt never KO him from full.
Finally, I just had a question: by whom should I replace mew in the team, in your opinion ?
Ps:
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Type: Null: 382-450 (115.4 - 135.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Type: Null in Psychic Terrain: 345-406 (104.2 - 122.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Firstly, thanks for the feedback !

Then, when you say that I should make Clef Fire Blast, it means that I cannot T-Wave adverse mons, and that I therefore have a lot more difficulties dealing deal with Victini and Gyarados, as Victini need to be under 82% at least to be in range of Keldeo's Hydro Pump, and Gyarados isn't KOed by Keldeo's Stone edge+ Staraptor's Quick Attack.
As for Kuyb, Jirachi can already deal with him as Subzero slammer + Fusion Bolt never KO him from full.
Finally, I just had a question: by whom should I replace mew in the team, in your opinion ?
Ps:
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Type: Null: 382-450 (115.4 - 135.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Type: Null in Psychic Terrain: 345-406 (104.2 - 122.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Definitely mew for drill, as lando walls him and ice beam mew helps ur match up there , abd gives u a easier way 2 beat zygarde as well. U also said u struggle v gyara, so why not have unaware clef, not magic guard

Definitely mew for drill, as lando walls him and ice beam mew helps ur match up there , abd gives u a easier way 2 beat zygarde as well. U also said u struggle v gyara, so why not have unaware clef, not magic guard
So should I make Keld Scarf? Because if yes, then Nothing in this team can stop Pinsir from sweeping then Clefable is 2HKOed even without an sd. In order to patch that, I thought about maybe replacing Mega-Venu by a Calm Mind or a Rock Polish Diancie with power gem/Diamond Storm in order to have a soft-check for Pinsir and a possible wincon, any thoughts about that? Also, for unaware clef, I really like this option, I will definitely give it a try.

Last edited:
So should I make Keld Scarf? Because if yes, then Nothing in this team can stop Pinsir from sweeping then Clefable is 2HKOed even without an sd. In order to patch that, I thought about maybe replacing Mega-Venu by a Calm Mind or a Rock Polish Diancie with power gem/Diamond Storm in order to have a soft-check for Pinsir and a possible wincon, any thoughts about that? Also, for unaware clef, I really like this option, I will definitely give it a try.
definitely like the mega diancie idea, also can help u v gyarados, would do d storm hasty with moonblast earth power and rock polish as well, run stone edge scald hydro pump secret sword keld if scarf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)