my draws, look at them

I just recently started making art and learning how to do it, so i figured that it'd be great to make a thread where i'd post some of my work.
I'm pretty new to this, but i really enjoy doing it, so hopefully i'll improve as much as i can.

I tried a different style for these two:

At the moment, i make my "art" by drawing a sketch, taking a picture of it with my webcam and digitally editing it in Paint Tool SAI. Once i'm able to get a drawing tablet, i'll try to update even more and improve my drawing skills.

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm liking this. Your lineart is a bit wobbly, but you should totally be able to contribute to various forum images without feeling insecure about it. Your Lampent is the best one thus far!

That all looks very good especially your art on Gible. It'll look amazing as being a sprite. n_n
Thanks Lucina, glad you liked it.

I'm liking this. Your lineart is a bit wobbly, but you should totally be able to contribute to various forum images without feeling insecure about it. Your Lampent is the best one thus far!
Thanks, i'll try to work more on my lineart in the future and contribute with my work as soon as i improve a little bit. It's also time for a little content update:

Trying a different style again!

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Coloring the lineart is super nice, but for the lines around its fangs, I'd go with something that complements its mouth better, like that darker red that's used for the mouth walls.

Coloring the lineart is super nice, but for the lines around its fangs, I'd go with something that complements its mouth better, like that darker red that's used for the mouth walls.
Mhm, sounds like it would be better, will try it out. I gotta say that i really appreciate your feedback! ^^

Dang, you got some nice art in here. I always struggle with making my lines look good, you seem to have it down. I'm a bit jealous of how good that granbull looks though ;)

Dang, you got some nice art in here. I always struggle with making my lines look good, you seem to have it down. I'm a bit jealous of how good that granbull looks though ;)
Thanks! Eh, i still have to work on my lineart, there's a long way ahead. Anyways, i guess it's time for a little content update.

Here's a practice of some sort for something i'm planning to do in the future. It's pretty random:

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
I'll get to that as soon as i can.

Anyways, i'm going to have to close the requests for a while since i have a few other things to work on, plus i'm gonna be pretty busy in the future. n_n
Yay! Thanks for accepting my request! And that's okay, take your time :)

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey Tikitik, that Mega Absol is pretty nice! I love how silly you made it look with the monocle and bow tie, and I can tell that you're experimenting more here with line weight and shading than in the prior images, which is fantastic. I do take a bit of issue with the top hat though, as it appears more like it's pasted in place over the image, rather than that the Absol is actually wearing it; that is, the hat's rim doesn't quite wrap around the front and back of Absol's head exactly the way it should. But aside from that, it's great progress, and shows real promise. Keep it up!

Also, I actually quite like that multicolored pattern practice. The shapes all squiggle in unpredictable ways, and the variation in color bolsters just how eye-catching it is. Looking forward to wherever you end up taking that idea!

Hey Tikitik, that Mega Absol is pretty nice! I love how silly you made it look with the monocle and bow tie, and I can tell that you're experimenting more here with line weight and shading than in the prior images, which is fantastic. I do take a bit of issue with the top hat though, as it appears more like it's pasted in place over the image, rather than that the Absol is actually wearing it; that is, the hat's rim doesn't quite wrap around the front and back of Absol's head exactly the way it should. But aside from that, it's great progress, and shows real promise. Keep it up!

Also, I actually quite like that multicolored pattern practice. The shapes all squiggle in unpredictable ways, and the variation in color bolsters just how eye-catching it is. Looking forward to wherever you end up taking that idea!
Yep, i've noticed that the hat is not as it should be. n_n I'm always happy when people give me some feedback, so thanks for that Mini!

About that multicolor practice, welp that's something i'll experiment more on when i obtain a drawing tablet, since i'm capable of making much more complex shapes and stuff with...well, with my own hands.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I know I'm a bit late, but I just now discovered the art threads. But anyways, I am LOVING that Gastly, I don't know what but something makes it look outstanding to me. Even though Gastly has a pretty simple design, you pulled that of so well. Also that collaborative art with the Rotom's looks super nice. Keep up the amazing work!

This is really good, Tiktik. Keep it up, man!
I know I'm a bit late, but I just now discovered the art threads. But anyways, I am LOVING that Gastly, I don't know what but something makes it look outstanding to me. Even though Gastly has a pretty simple design, you pulled that of so well. Also that collaborative art with the Rotom's looks super nice. Keep up the amazing work!
Late as hell reply, but thank to both!

I almost forgot to dump some stuff now that The Smog is released:

Art for the Mentorship article

Xzern's interview avatar:

I hear it in my nightmares....no, it's here.....it's getting closer....i-it's.....it's the triple post! ;_;

Since i'm still on my break, i've been having more free time and i guess i'm warming up for a mass art production to commence. After quite a while of waiting, i did the banner for ForgottenOnes first blood tournament:

On the end i am happy with how it turned out, but the "creepy" side in the gem could have been better though. I feel like i finally got better at shading though, since i used to always just shade one side and it wasn't exactly the best thing. I also did this Chinchou piece, so i figured i should post it here:

That'd be all for now! Still way too lazy to finish updating the OP, maybe someday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)