Finals The World Cup of Pokemon VII - Finals [Won by Team USA West]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea Bloo!

Anyways, a big thank you to all the West players and supporters; couldn't have won without you guys. Special thanks to Phil for starting me on the team, Symphonyx64 for convincing me to try out this year and gr8astard and Rayne for helping me build teams and being bros :). Shoutout to Lavos Spawn for going 5-1 in his first official tourney and making things interesting. Also props to East for making it to the finals and winning two straight while being down 4-0.

Damn, I was hoping to be down in Florida before the ifm/Bloo game. Regardless, time for a post:

East, we had a great season and honestly I'm glad I got lucky because I saw a lot of players on this East team who played much better than me but got lucked out during their matches. I would gladly go 0-5 to let people who deserve spotlight actually get it, so while winning is nice, watching your teammates lose to nonsense is even worse. Apologies to people I lucked btw. Streaks in Pokemon are rare because it is such a coin flip game so it's disappointing that I needed so much luck to get to where I was.

Some general shout-outs:

Stone_Cold22: You did pretty good as captain but you had some questionable decisions regarding our players. But regardless of that, I thought you were an amazing manager, giving us new ideas for teams and working on making your own.

IFM: I don't care if people think you are somehow bad at this game, you were clearly one of, if not the best player on our team. You had unlucky streaks early on and I have no idea how your game vs Bloo went, but if I needed to pick someone to play a tiebreaker, I'd still pick you. Good Job.

Lamppost: You're a little too cocky (BAN ME PLEASE). But good job regardless.

that'sjustpeachy: You played good, much better than anyone including myself expected. You turned from someone that I wouldn't count on to win a match to being someone I was expecting to win all their matches. Crazy improvement, you have nowhere to go but up.

Lizardman: I like your enthusiasm, but sometimes you made things somewhat arkward. You were robbed vs Robert in round 1, and you really played well that game. I hope you improve your game more.

dragonuser: I think you really need to just focus on your potential. There were some times where you made shaky plays and questionable decisions, and other times where you absolutely excelled. I think you can be a really great player.

badass: Give the LN shit some rest, but really, you were a great teammate to us and if there is WCOP next season, I hope you stay with east. I don't think we ever would have made it here without you.

yondie: Cocky? Sometimes. But you were one of the best teammates, always testing and working on teams. And I think good teammates are way more important than the W/L record.

BKC: Again, another great teammate, always building teams and helping us test. Not to go on a tangent but I really think the reason East went to the finals this season was because of our team chemistry with each other. Maybe we didn't have any standout players, but I'm convinced we were the best teammates to one another and that makes all the difference.

Tobes: Good support from you and thanks for helping me playtest my new ideas.

Nails: I didn't see much of you but thanks for supporting the cause

ShakeItUp: Focus on your poketheory and playing. You have potential to be great.

Dittocrow: More shoutouts to another great supporter

Andrew: Yet another outstanding supporter. I'll have to make sure to playtest with more of you guys next season.

sirdpt: Apparently a good luck charm. Thanks for the support.

---

I believe that is everyone from the team, these will be shout-outs to non team members:

reyscarface: Thanks for supporting the cause and helping our players come up with some good ideas. I dunno how many people followed it but I'm pretty sure the advice you gave was great and maybe deserved more consideration.

Bluewind: same as rey, but you were a funny dude to have in the channel.

Folgorio: same as bluewind, gayer than rey, but also funny.

negres + locopoke: made World Cup more fun trying to compete vs you two for the best record.

Funkasaurus: Thanks for the support

---

Other than that, I don't have much else to say except congratulations to US West and that I'm glad at least a US team got to win. East, it was fun, West, ggs, and maybe we will get a rematch next year.

mostwanted is apparently a (BAN ME PLEASE) though :/

ggs west, congrats. i think we got the short end of the stick with team matchups and other such instances of luck, but it's pokemon, what can you do. not taking anything away from you guys though, you definitely played well and are a deserving team.

Stone_Cold: the captain. great guy and you gave up your spot so I could play. you were always making a new team for us [that deo-d rain team bailed us out so many times] and helping us out. you're funny as hell too. my music is not emo i swear

dragonuser: i used to think you were a scrub b/c of your username but youre a hell of a player and probably the coolest guy i've met this wc. after i finish writing this post, i will go sodomize your female relatives =)

Bad Ass: youre an absolutely hilarious dude and a solid player, great guy to talk to as well. thanks for introducing me to madvillain. gl with whatever you pursue irl, and stop making so many irc alts plz its confusing me

Thatsjustpeachy: evil demoness who indulges in cruel activities such as using dumb stupid gay lame retarded smashpass. youre an ok player i guess and by that i mean youre really good. youre also really nice and easy to talk to :)

LizardMan: some of the shit you say is creepy as hell lol, exhibit A:

[02:31] <&LizardMan> You just ate
[02:31] <&LizardMan> What did you eat?
[02:31] <&BKC> chips
[02:32] <&LizardMan> Use the grease to jack off before your match

disregarding that, youre a really good dude who's fun to talk to and a very solid player; your teambuilding is excellent. pizza is good. so is hippowdon. i plan on getting you into metal music at some point so stay tuned

Lamppost: great battler and very cool guy with appreciation for d12. got me into a few new rappers as well. you WILL listen to pantera's cowboys from hell album soon. btw the cereal goes in first

yondie: wtf you live like 20 mins away from where i used to. cool guy, although your arguing with stone and lizard gave me headaches. you also introduced me to the best ferrothorn set that beats my beloved forretress...when youre on form youre a great player and youre definitely better than what your record might imply. say hi to mike carter for me

kd24: luckyd24 :D you always made me worry about what you were gonna use but your "luck streak" meant there was no way you could lose because youre one hell of a solid player [i dont think all the luck you got was _that_ big a deal but i'm a bit biased heh]. also you ninjad me to the shoutout post even though i got started on mine first bs bs bs

idiotfrommars: geniusfromvenus.........you were slumping at the beginning of wc but you pulled out an incredibly clutch win vs brazil in semis and you played your ass off against bloo, you deserved that game just as much as he did imo. youre also a drummer which is v cool, one day we'll have a drum-off. HODOR

ShakeItUp: i think your greatest achievement was making yondie rage for like half an hour after you haxed him yet again in a test match. besides that you are a cool guy with tons of creativity, it will be interesting to see what you whip up in bw2. your name sucks btw. go back to darkravenn12

Tobes: TOBES TRAN BEST TRAN!!!!!!! offensive gliscor is my second-favorite creation from you btw, i always wanted to let you know but i forgot. you are probably the most creative player i've ever met, and youre also a really cool guy with good music taste. bw2 tobes tran lgi

Nails: you never ever talked but when the pastebin of teams was leaked your subSD + bp mienshao team was in there and that inspired me so thanks.

DittoCrow: i enjoyed debating the best pkmn ingame themes with you [gsc lance btw]. youre also a hell of a player with a nasty sun stall team and a good guy overall :)

pdc: palkia dialga clash!!! i think youre the only player on the team whos younger than me so i will brag about it here. youre a really cool kid with some great teambuilding potential, just make sure your sand team's only water resist isnt a hydreigon! whatever you do, dont slip up and tell anyone you actually turned 12 this year b/c then you'd be banned again and that would suck. next year the trophy is ours boy

uraga: you pointed out every weakness of every team we ever made and it drove me nuts but you sure as hell helped a lot. youre a really underrated player and youre fkn hilarious. however please cut down on the penis jokes

sirndpt: shame you never really talked much but youre really nice and you supported us a ton, thanks much :)

Andrew/Steven Snype: ugh sorry i forgot you my b..............youre a hell of a player who always uses SOMETHING that throws me off and makes me swear several times in succession. you should play more imo. you were also a great guy to talk to and always helped us test stuff out. i wont forget you next year promise :D

also thanks to the other dudes who came in to hang out in our chan, you helped us a ton with the pkmn-related junk and were cool guys to talk to in general. shoutout to my nigs roscoe, dan, smith, ab2 and jaxx.

HERE IS A SHOUTOUT JUST FOR TROLLMONCHAN ARE YOU FUCKING SATISFIED GOD DAMN

funkasaurus is a humongous noob. jk ilu souf

next year's our year. we will be back, ready to finish the job this time.

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
BKC vs Lavos Spawn
idiotfrommars vs Bloo
yondie vs mostwanted
Lamppost vs Myzozoa
dragonuser vs Oristeros
kd24 vs Philip7086
Thatsjustpeachy vs yee
Bad Ass vs TheFourthChaser
Congrats to everyone for fixing the matches so my predictions would be correct.

Great job West for winning!

gr8astard

Here comes the waterworks!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 9th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Congratulations US West, I knew you guys had what it takes to win! Also special congratulations to both Oristeros and Lavos who both racked 5 wins in their first World Cups, you guys are awesome :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)