The World Cup of Pokémon 2017 - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
First, congrats to Europe for advancing to the finals. You're a team of good guys who know how to have fun and not take it too seriously.

To my teammates on West, I love you all. I am especially proud of our SM players for executing an incredible first-round comeback after a rocky start. Everyone gave their best effort. We came up short, but we'll be back next year and hungry for our trophy.

I know it's considered bad form to complain about luck in this luck-filled game. However, I have to say that I'm extremely frustrated with the outcome of this round. I had a great position in my match and lost to an absurdly unlucky sequence of turns. We'd be tiebreaking if not for that. I know it's "the game we play" and all that shit the winners say to placate the losers, but for those who have been in this position, you know exactly how it feels. Hope this feeds into the artificial persona some of you fucking assclowns have manufactured for me.

Individual shoutouts below. Hope Europe wins. Thanks to Ciele and the other TDs for a great job hosting this wonderful tournament.
Mithril Hope you're back next year as captain, you are a cool guy with a level head.

Myzozoa Thanks for your input in BW and other gens, your willingness to test, and your general activity. Know you're a busy dude so I really appreciated it.

craing ;_; Where to start with you...First and foremost everyone needs to know you are a fucking savant of Pokemon, your knowledge and tactical understanding of the game is so far beyond what the average WCoP starter can conceive that it's no surprise you would have been 5-0 minus bullshit. Your teambuilding, your tests, everything you did for this team helped us an incredible amount and I hope you'll be around next year because you are clearly a role model for all the new gens players. Also cool guy, hadn't spoken a word to you before this tournament but you really opened up in private and that was neat

rozes You did the most for this team out of anyone and I think you know how much that means to me. You're a great guy and a great player. Don't know what we would have done without you, you were definitely the de facto leader of this team and we all came to you first when we needed help. Thanks

Mob Barley When you believe in yourself and play to your style you are fucking unstoppable, I think this is proven by your playoffs performance. Stay confident and true to how YOU play the game, don't let others influence you because your approach is unique and it works for you. Hope to play with you again in future years.

psychicmewtwo Never would have guessed how old you are, holy shit man ;w; You don't talk so much which is nice on a team of loudmouths like myself, but when you do speak up it's always either a) something very important that we overlooked, or b) a cute emoji/comment. Constant positive force, nothing but pleasant to be around, always down to build/test. To any SPL managers I'd highly recommend this man.

z0mOG Nice youtube brah.

ADVANTAGE Honestly you're quite annoying at times, but then you say something so funny that it's impossible not to like you. Stop mega tilting and you'll do great in the future.

Meru One of my oldest frenemies on this site, have known you since the days of PO ladder grind. Gotta say this relationship has improved with age. Your experience is super valuable and you're quite friendly and chill, it was great having you around. You seem to vibe well with almost everybody. Take it easy!

undisputed Ah my favorite member of the OG 2012 squad. Thanks for playing this year, as always you are a pleasure to team with and I enjoyed our many conversations. You really stepped up playing multiple tiers and kicking ass at both. Don't retire! Pokemon > girls, never forget.

dice Was tempted to just say "haha gay" and move on but you deserve better. Great friend, amazing player. You kick ass at so many tiers it's hard to keep track of them all and you put in work for all of them this year. Can't believe how much you contributed to this team. Everyone else will have things to say as far as the extent you helped them, so for my part, thanks for the late-night convos and the constant GSC building/testing/theorymoning. Was fun man.

Philip7086 Hey boss, thanks for finding the time to chat with us every once in a while and start in playoffs. You gave me my start and for that you'll always be my captain. Hope the Go-Fest is a roaring success.

JACOB You're a funny guy and I enjoyed getting to know you this year. Sorry your only game was after we were eliminated, but you can say you're undefeated!

ez One of my favorite people on this team, I've saved some of your quotes forever and I promise not to leak them, your reputation is at stake...Thanks for being a constant positive force and a rock solid teammate. You're clutch as fuck and I want you starting next year! Again, SPL managers, pick this man up.

Eien We didn't talk, but I wish we had! My friends say you're a young talent. Keep growing that talent and hopefully we'll see you again in 2018.

Lax Hilarious dude, top notch player when you aren't using z0m teams, what more to say? You should have been starting from the first match imo, can't wait to see you smash the tournament scene wide open next time you tryhard.

GGs to Europe, gl in the finals

We had a good run this year west, we made it further from last year in quarter finals. I see progression! Next year we'll make finals no doubt.

craing ;_; Thank you for leading us in several tiers. Dude is a crazy innovator and humble af (at least in public). To be so gifted and modest, one of a kind. GOAT

dice , the original SJW. a sit in thru dice's 101 PC class gives one the ability to craft natural safe spaces at his (OR HER) discretion . You're a very intelligent creature though dice and have my respect as both, a tour mentor and actual motivator.

rozes I felt you stepped up to the occasion as captain seeing through the void Valentine the economist left. You're down to earth and very considerate, letting me take S/M was really nice over my intended ORAS slot. Thanks for giving me a chance, least I went positive from a rocky start.

Lavos It was nice playing with you, can always appreciate a straight shooter, speaking your mind usually with humor along the way, if only you had a better body

psychicmewtwo Thanks for starting off so strong, you actually motivated me seeing your early success, helped me turn this 0-2 to a 3-2.

ez You're actually a lot better than I gave you credit for. pulling those fancy doubles and what not as you did. Respect, hope to see u again

Meru it was nice getting to know you this year meru! Looking forward to seeing you bck in 2018

Lax undisputed - you guys gave us a surge of energy earlier today, grabbing wins in a deficit is a bit nerve wracking, glad you helped fight the good fight, was an honor to die to Europe as your side.

Myzozoa - Thanks for all of your effort towards tiers I am quite bad in. Was really nice of you to go out your way as you did for everyone, salute.

JACOB - thanks for being consistent support for us jacob boi. I'm sure you'll be starting next year if you keep at it.

z0mOG Thanks for the memes dork. You would gladly test with me or anyone regardless of the tier, thanks for your commitment as it does go a very long way. It's a bit rattling for me to test teams on main and I'm sure others know the feel.

ADVANTAGE thanks for sticking by tennis, we go back. was fun winning that ghosting tour with tom bus at our side, speaking of which i think its time everyone makes Tom Bus join back in tours. In terms of this year though advantage, thanks for having everyones back and keeping people in a relatively good mood.

Philip7086 only hear great things about you, thanks for making another appearance alongside us. We appreciate having you around, wish we'd spoken more

Eien we didn't talk much but that's my fault, hopefully u come back on next year

Everyone was a pleasure getting to know you all a bit better. Well maybe except z0mog. z0mog is nothing but a trouble maker, a hooligan. US West has split summer visitation with cpg unfortunately. We agree to watch him from June to usually about mid July where we choke it away. An entire month is bad but fuck imagine having him for the REST OF THE YEAR HOLY FCKN SHIT. If that was the case I'd take advice from Omfuga and (insert ban phrase).

Have an amazing summer 17 everyone.

Good games Europe, good luck in the finals. Thanks West for picking me up this year (unlike last year LOL), allowing me to start and making my first wcop enjoyable. We came along way from not making it to playoffs to killing it the next round. I also think I came a long way from being the roomowner of a terrible room... Anyways just wanted to give some quick words to people who made my WCOP experience enjoyable.
craing ;_; You are ultra goat. Your teams are always flawless and so is your understanding on this game. You are a huge reason for West's success and your criticism on my plays are always helpful. I think your 10-1 vs me in friendlies alone. Good things those are friendlies amiright...

rozes Your cute af. You clutched west into playoffs, must not be human. Your also an amazing leader and player. I would met you irl if given the chance but too bad im 15...

JACOB From being in a pokemon clan to playing for wcop. We came a long way... Now that I think about it your probably my oldest friend on this site lol. Good luck in your future endeavors.

z0mOG WAS HE READY FOR THE MEATDOWN?

Lax You suck at brawlhalla LOL your a nice guy tho and thanks for the testing. Thanks for the reminder to focus on my test games too as I usually zone out on those.

ADVANTAGE CUTE ;w; The stuff you say are NOT meaningless and ARE funny af, fux the haters plop.

psychicmewtwo Ni hao n_n Your great and very chill. I like you, probably have a crush on you tbh ;w;

dice uhh your too intelligent for me. Please use words that i can understand. Hecksies yea -3-

Mob Barley You had a bad start but then you stay in on Tangrowth with Swampert to rocks uhhhhh human?

Meru Crap, should have bped, should have also put you in over me in ORAS ;w; You're cute tho n_n

Philip7086 I have heard nothing but positive comments about you. I also heard you got engaged so congrats! Help me get engaged too y/n

undisputed we dont really talk but we do cheer each other on. Thanks for adving n_n

Myzozoa I know you helped with West's old gens a lot. Thanks n_n

Lavos Talking to you is always fun. You should have SMed hehe also play brawlhalla more please...

Eien Mithril We didnt really talk that much. You must be the shy types. I like the shy types ;w;
Fuck rozes for hating weebs tho. Straight hater... weebs unite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)