Gen 4 The Umbrella Academy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TuJKsfpfNI

The team itself is strange. It has an impressive firepower, many immunities / solid resistances you can count on and there is no real cleaner. Nevertheless each Pokémon can play this role as the team cooperates in order to scout and weaken the enemy team to allow one of my hitter to finish the game. I know it is very particular and it is not possible to waste even one shift: applying as much pressure as possible and punishing every mistake is fundamental.

N.1
Spr_4p_395

Empoleon (M) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

I've always been of the idea that with a good team and good prediction skills, Empoleon is one of the strongest leads in the game. This is because thanks to its bulkyness and its pool it is able to sow panic among the enemy ranks. Also, if the lead matchup goes in my favor, Empoleon usually manages to carry 2 pkmn enemies with him before he dies.
The Chople Berry is preferred to the rest for Machamp, so you can place SRock, shoot a fierce Hydro Pump and finally kill Machamp with someone limiting the damage as much as possible. I preferred to use that EVs Spread mainly to avoid being outspeeded by some particular sets.

N.2
Spr_4p_392

Infernape (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Mach Punch

If you think that Lucario is the strongest dpp fighting here is someone who will make you think again: CBnape is strong enough to be able to shred most of the metagame and lure many walls simply by pressing Close Combat. U-Turn will serve much in early game to scout enemy pkmn thanks the momentum, particularly the Ghosts that come in expecting a ccombat in their teeth and proceed immediately to trap them with Tyranitar. Mach Punch is a must to revenge the setuppers (as DDtar).

N.3
Spr_4d_248

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Practically its usefulness is to trapkill the ghosts (Rotom n Gengar / Starmie n Lati), to have an entry on Zapdos and Revengekill the possible. Earthquake is for Jirachi. Tyranitar plays a very important role in the team and should be used wisely since it is a pokémon that does not admit mistakes.

N.4
Spr_4d_330

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

DPP ScarfGon is one of the strongest Pokémon ever conceived. He owns many HP to be a predominantly offensive pkmn and has STAB Dragon / Ground + U-Turn. All shootable from 492 Speed. SEdge is a personal choice: for Gyarados n also is useful against many more threats (including Zapdos).

N.5
Spr_4h_121

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Spinner. I preferred to use a modified version of the 3atks. Recover takes the place of an offensive move in order to make it last longer and having to choose between Ice Beam and Thunderbolt I preferred the middle way Ice Beam in order to do damage in any case (besides ib proves more useful against the stall teams equipped with Roserade kill Breeloom / BandNite n hit Zap). Recover is to became more solid vs BO teams (with Swampert). Hydro Pump provides, however, is needed to secure several OHKOs and 2HKOs, specifically against Swampert, Scizor and Tyranitar.

N.6
Spr_4d_385

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Thunderbolt

There is not much to explain since we all know what raches do. It is a great weapon against stall teams and can be annoying against offensives due to its vast pool and bulkyness. Usually I can fakeare a set cm or threaten the scarf, but in the long run the truth comes out and they understand that it is Ebelter. It is often understood too late.
I have frequently used Jirachi as a sacrifice slot to check Latias, the sole purpose of which is to wipe out as much as possible before dying. That's why I started to consider using Thunder instead of Thunderbolt, although I still think that it is definitely superior because of the accuracy and the incomplete need to paralyze someone (although paralyzing Heatran is always convenient).

Agility Sweepers as Metagross or Empoleon. They are really dangerous given the strong fragility of the team once it has reached the endgame.
TR Users as Bronzong. U could check only with Starmie Recover but he can make pressure with the Explosion.

credits to Cybre n Tunc

Hey dude, cool team! I think it's a really good start, as empoleon offenses like these are really incredible right now. I just want to point out a few suggestions to consider:

I would change Empoleon to focus sash > chople. You can't exactly shoot a free Hydro Pump on Machamp even with Chople because of the confusion. You will want sash so that you can have a much easier time using Stealth Rocks while still being able to live SpecsZap bolt, BandApe CC, and a lot more. In a way, you have just as much of a chance to get a "free hydro" on Machamp with sash as you would with Chople.

I don't really think ScarfTar fits so well on here. I'd recommend either a BandTar or PasshoTar, the latter helping tremendously with Starmie, which is a massive threat to this team. I also think that the Starmie set you have makes this even worse because you can't threaten opposing Mie with a tbolt. It also makes you weaker to bulkier waters like Milotic and Suicune. Other huge weaknesses right now are Infernape and Flygon. Your only levitator is Flygon and in order to handle opposing Flygon you force yourself to commit to a risky Outrage. You'll have a very difficult time switching into grounds in general. Considering all of this, I'd recommend the following changes:

Jira > OTRZong: OTRZong still checks Latias well and will have great synergy with the slower pokemon like Empoleon and Tyranitar. It's a really nice soft check to DD sweepers like DDtar, DDnite, and even slightly DDgyara. With ScarfGon's coverage, I don't see you needing Jirachi as much. Also, it levitates, making your ground weakness and especially your very bad scarf Flygon weakness much more bearable. Bronzong also removes the threats of AgiliGross and opposing OTRZong!

ScarfTar > BandTar: Bandtar will go great with OTRZong and make you significantly better vs stall.

LO 2 Attack Mie > 3 Attack Colbur Mie: I touched on this earlier. Use 3 attacks mie to make the team less susceptible to bulky waters and Colbur > LO will improve the longevity and allow you to potentially escape ttar once to get a crucial spin/hydro later. I don't think LO spin recover can properly sustain itself on a team like this. Life Orb doesn't have too much room for both anyway, as you really really want all 3 attacks. You have to choose between spin and recover usually.

With these changes, I think your team will fare much better vs stall, grounds, opposing waters (Starmie, Milo, Cune, etc), opposing Jirachi, and most importantly Scarf Flygon much better without much drawback. I put very generic EV spreads, so tailor speed creeps and what not to your desire. These six are extremely flexible and can have many different sets, but I just tried to stay as true to your original team as I could. Infernape is still scary because you only have one fighting resist, but with scarfgon + mie and the offensive nature of the team (and OTR zong too), you should probably be okay.

Good luck!

Empoleon (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hydro Pump
- Aqua Jet
- Grass Knot

Infernape (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Mach Punch

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Starmie @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Bronzong @ Macho Brace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)