Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

My First Ever Scramble Challenge - Pokemon Platinum
See here for Pokemon

And so the journey begins! I'm so... excited?

Game starts, Professor ramblings and stuff, name my (male) character "YB" (usually go with Yoshi or my real name, but might as well change it up) using the definitely new, unique, and innovative D S T O U C H S C R E E N (Wish I even knew what Pokemon was back then). Name my rival Bowler, named after my friend BowlerSSF2, who's one of the most successful Smash Flash 2 YouTubers, recently hitting 10k subs,and was kind of my rival when I played SSF2 competitively.

The early part is kinda pointless since I wasn't given a starter (honestly forgot to ask for one lol), just know that I picked Piplup, which gives me a good matchup there versus Bowler's ace, allowing Bananasaur, Pride, or Bellhop to destroy Torterra. Plus, it gets Defog and Cut. Oh, and before that, Professor Rowan stopped Bowler from being torn to shreds by very scary Bidoofs.

TERRIFYING

Kricketots I ran into before getting Poke Balls: 2

Alright, finally got some Poke Balls, time to begin my suffering...
I'm telling you right now, I don't expect much from Cricothoven util the 40s when it gets Perish Song, but hopefully me being inevitably overleveled as heck will be enough to carry me until I can get Bellhop. Well, not quite. I'm just hoping that on my way back to tell my mom about my adventuring, I don't run into any Kricketots so I might get a higher level one after the catching tutorial....

Yeah, literally the first PokemonI run into is a Kricketot, so there goes that. He is Level 3, though, so could've been worse. Anyways, I caught the little guy and now our journey really begins!

Cricthoven has a Gentle Nature, which isn't great considering the fact that with my slightly-modified-to-make-early-game-actually-doable-restriction, it has to click Bide a lot. Could've been worse, though.

And now, for Cricthoven's first battle! An epic duel with... a wild Level 3 Shinx.
Growl -> 2 Bides and 1 Potion used as the Shinx spams Tackle wins it for your hero... we're gonna have a great time, ladies and gents...

Oh, and in his 3rd battle, he already fainted to a Bidoof because I didn't want to waste Potions. Great.

Now for his first Trainer battle, he's just level 4 up against a level 5 Starly, but he'll be fine, right?
Well, a crit Quick Attack literally OHKOs, so as you can see, this went very well as it just took me, oh, idk, FIVE TRIES. This is literally the first trainer. Help me.

Hey look, this third trainer I'm facing has a Burmy! Yeah, I'm not looking forward to honey... Wait a minute, Burmy doesn't have any attacking moves at level 10. Hey, something I can actually beat with just Growl!... Is what I would say if this man wasn't a hacker and has Tackle already. Whatever, still only took 1 try. First route went well enough, getting Cricthoven up to Level 8 already with only the first 2 battles taking more than 2 tries, which is nice.

Enter Jubilife City, meet Looker, who's just delightful, and then we head into the Trainer School for some training and probably more resets.

Gave Bowler his stuff from his mom, he runs off, like always, and then we battle these two children and... Cricthoven actually more than holds his own, not fainting once. Impressive.

We start the Poketch promotional campaign thing, with the first clown telling me about growing through Exp. and evolution and stuff. With a Level 9 Kricketot, this is actually relevant information, so that's nice.

Now, we head left and face our biggest test so far: Bowler.
He leads with Starly, Cricthoven's destined rival, who, after spamming Growl for a little bit, is 3HKOed by Bide, so that goal was met easily. Turtwig's next, which just spams Withdraw for no good reason until he gets to +6. Then, entirely because he got a crit Tackle, Cricthoven is able to Bide twice to easily defeat Turtwig! That went extraordinarily well for a Kricketot and for my trouble...

"What?
Cricthoven is evolving!
Congratulations, Your Cricthoven evolved into Kricketune!
Cricthoven learned Fury Cutter!"

That's pretty exciting, might mean that I can use less Potions and also I can do damage now!.... To Soundproof mons, that is. Anyways, this is a good point to end part 1 at, now that we have taken down Bowler for the first time.

Caught:

Cricthoven (Kricketune) (M)
Ability: Swarm
Level: 10
Gentle Nature
- Growl
- Bide (temporarily usable)
- Fury Cutter
Has actually surprised me so far. After those first two dreadful battles, Cricthoven has really held his own thanks to the mighty Bide. Not much else to say. Let's see if we can carry this into our first Gym badge.

If there's any objection to me using Bide, I can restart.

Not Caught:

*odd number ID: Yes
Wow, I didnt notice, that Krikthoven does learn its only allowed damaging move at level 46... thats harsh.
Also i am kind of curious about how you are gonna beat Roark :D

Wow, I didnt notice, that Krikthoven does learn its only allowed damaging move at level 46... thats harsh.
Also i am kind of curious about how you are gonna beat Roark :D
Man, we probably should have given him a starter for that. But nah, he gonna have to grind to level 18 for sing and pray to the RNG gods for sing not to miss to beat Roark. And that's gonna be interesting to read.

Last edited:
My First Ever Scramble Challenge - Pokemon Platinum
See here for Pokemon

And so the journey begins! I'm so... excited?

Game starts, Professor ramblings and stuff, name my (male) character "YB" (usually go with Yoshi or my real name, but might as well change it up) using the definitely new, unique, and innovative D S T O U C H S C R E E N (Wish I even knew what Pokemon was back then). Name my rival Bowler, named after my friend BowlerSSF2, who's one of the most successful Smash Flash 2 YouTubers, recently hitting 10k subs,and was kind of my rival when I played SSF2 competitively.

The early part is kinda pointless since I wasn't given a starter (honestly forgot to ask for one lol), just know that I picked Piplup, which gives me a good matchup there versus Bowler's ace, allowing Bananasaur, Pride, or Bellhop to destroy Torterra. Plus, it gets Defog and Cut. Oh, and before that, Professor Rowan stopped Bowler from being torn to shreds by very scary Bidoofs.

TERRIFYING

Kricketots I ran into before getting Poke Balls: 2

Alright, finally got some Poke Balls, time to begin my suffering...
I'm telling you right now, I don't expect much from Cricothoven util the 40s when it gets Perish Song, but hopefully me being inevitably overleveled as heck will be enough to carry me until I can get Bellhop. Well, not quite. I'm just hoping that on my way back to tell my mom about my adventuring, I don't run into any Kricketots so I might get a higher level one after the catching tutorial....

Yeah, literally the first PokemonI run into is a Kricketot, so there goes that. He is Level 3, though, so could've been worse. Anyways, I caught the little guy and now our journey really begins!

Cricthoven has a Gentle Nature, which isn't great considering the fact that with my slightly-modified-to-make-early-game-actually-doable-restriction, it has to click Bide a lot. Could've been worse, though.

And now, for Cricthoven's first battle! An epic duel with... a wild Level 3 Shinx.
Growl -> 2 Bides and 1 Potion used as the Shinx spams Tackle wins it for your hero... we're gonna have a great time, ladies and gents...

Oh, and in his 3rd battle, he already fainted to a Bidoof because I didn't want to waste Potions. Great.

Now for his first Trainer battle, he's just level 4 up against a level 5 Starly, but he'll be fine, right?
Well, a crit Quick Attack literally OHKOs, so as you can see, this went very well as it just took me, oh, idk, FIVE TRIES. This is literally the first trainer. Help me.

Hey look, this third trainer I'm facing has a Burmy! Yeah, I'm not looking forward to honey... Wait a minute, Burmy doesn't have any attacking moves at level 10. Hey, something I can actually beat with just Growl!... Is what I would say if this man wasn't a hacker and has Tackle already. Whatever, still only took 1 try. First route went well enough, getting Cricthoven up to Level 8 already with only the first 2 battles taking more than 2 tries, which is nice.

Enter Jubilife City, meet Looker, who's just delightful, and then we head into the Trainer School for some training and probably more resets.

Gave Bowler his stuff from his mom, he runs off, like always, and then we battle these two children and... Cricthoven actually more than holds his own, not fainting once. Impressive.

We start the Poketch promotional campaign thing, with the first clown telling me about growing through Exp. and evolution and stuff. With a Level 9 Kricketot, this is actually relevant information, so that's nice.

Now, we head left and face our biggest test so far: Bowler.
He leads with Starly, Cricthoven's destined rival, who, after spamming Growl for a little bit, is 3HKOed by Bide, so that goal was met easily. Turtwig's next, which just spams Withdraw for no good reason until he gets to +6. Then, entirely because he got a crit Tackle, Cricthoven is able to Bide twice to easily defeat Turtwig! That went extraordinarily well for a Kricketot and for my trouble...

"What?
Cricthoven is evolving!
Congratulations, Your Cricthoven evolved into Kricketune!
Cricthoven learned Fury Cutter!"

That's pretty exciting, might mean that I can use less Potions and also I can do damage now!.... To Soundproof mons, that is. Anyways, this is a good point to end part 1 at, now that we have taken down Bowler for the first time.
Caught:

Level: 10
Gentle Nature
- Growl
- Fury Cutter
Has actually surprised me so far. After those first two dreadful battles, Cricthoven has really held his own thanks to the mighty Bide. Not much else to say. Let's see if we can carry this into our first Gym badge.

If there's any objection to me using Bide, I can restart.

Not Caught:

Alright, part 2, here we go.
I start off by going to left just to see what's there and I find an Z Accuracy. Interesting... I also got an Old Rod, as if that matters.

I explored as much of Jubilfe City as I could, coming aay with a Quick Claw (which will be nice for Bellhop or Bananasaur) and some information about evolution despite the fact that I already have an evolved Pokemon.

And now, as I head north for a couple seconds, I accidentally get in Cicthoven's first battle as a Kricketune! After a few turns, Cricthoven easily handled a Level 7 Shinx. I know I was 3 levels higher and it was a Shinx, but dang I can feel the difference in bulk.

And, I enter a dilemma.
You see, I ran into this trainer to the east that had a Kricketot.
Kricketot only has Growl and Bide.
I am only allowed to use Growl and Bide (Fury Cutter is reserved for Soundproof mons only)
You see the problem here?
And what's worse is that he has a second Pokemon, too.
So, basically, cue a huge PP stalling battle.
What's worse is that using an item that has no effect doesn't use up your turn in this gen.... thank goodness Pokeballs do, though. And so, after more 70 or so turns and being reminded to not be a thief a ton of times, the Kricketot finally starts Struggle itself to death, and I successfully beat something by only using Growl (and a bunch of blocked Pokeballs). Now we have problem #2: Supersonic Zubat. With Bide being a 3 turn move, it's basically impossible to use, so I basically had to PP Stall again. And after all of that, this trainer is finally gone. By the way, that was an OPTIONAL trainer. Sigh...

This wasn't the last time I had to PP Stall a trainer, too, as Kricketune is so bulky with Growl that I ran out versus a trainer with 4 Level 4 Pokemon. I ran out of PP against their 3rd Pokemon, Starly, and thank goodness that their last Pokemon was just an Abra.

For my trouble, I was able to get myself an X Defend, which was somewhat useful I suppose, and entry into Oreburgh Gate. A nice Hiker guy gives me HM06 Rock Smash, which I wish I could teach to Kricktune so much right now.

"Cricthoven learned Leech Life!"
;~;

With that, we enter Oreburgh City and even have access to Route 207. The latter is only relevant as I decided to catch a Geodude to show a guy in building (getting a Heal Ball..) and to teach Rock Smash.

After exploring Oreburgh City, which was admittedly uneventful, I headed into the mine to go get the Gym Leader and start my suffering. Upon entering, I got a Super Potion which is sooooooo great, as Potions are starting to not cut it anymore. After some battles, I ran into the Gym Leader, Roark, who shows me how to Smash rocks. Wish I could do that in battle, but hey, now we can actually battle the Gym Leader.

Ah, the gym, probably the hardest thing I'll have to do until Cynthia, probably. Even with Bide, Rock-types hit REALLY hard, even after a Growl or two.

The trainers went down easily enough, surprisingly, though Defense Curl was annoying for Bide. After this, I was at only Level 16, two away from Sing, which might bea problem, though honestly, I have faith in Growl + Bide.

And now, for Roark...
"I'll need to see the toughness of the Pokemon that battle with you!"
Yeah, you can say that again.

Attempt 1:
I force-Growl, he thankfully Stealth Rocks. Then, I decide to use an X Defend for extra assurance as he Rock Throws. I Bide up as he spams Rock Throw, but he misses one of his Rock Throws, which is killer. I heal up and Bide up again as he only hits 1/2 once again, this time to my favor.

Onix comes out, I Growl as per requirement as he immediately Rock Throws, which does very little as Onix is quite weak (X Defend comin' through). Onix survives the first Bide and gets Potioned up... and that's when he pulls out Screech... Now, I'm forced to use my Super Potion earlier that I wanted to just to beat Onix.

Cranidos comes out as I Potion up. And Headbutt does way too much. I Growl as he chokes by using Pursuit. I Potion up as he of course gets a crit on Headbutt...

Attempts 2-3:
I Growl and he thankfully Stealth Rocks again and this time immediately click Bide, but of course he gets a crit Rock Throw and 2HKOs.

Attempt 4:
VS Geodude
Growl - Stealth Rock
Bide - Rock Throw
Bide2 - Rock Throw miss
Bide3 - Actually Lucky Rock Throw miss
Bide - Potion
Bide2 - Rock Throw
Bide3 KOs Geodude.

VS Onix
I Growl as he Rock Throws before I heal for a few turns. I Bide and after 2 Rock Throws, I OHKO Onix and grow to Level 17.

VS Cranidos
I Super Potion as he gets a crit Headbutt, ruining that. I Growl before healing with regular Potions. I actually get a Bide off before he gets another lucky crit and KOs.

Attempt 5:
VS Geodude
Growl - Rocks
Bide OHKOs after 2 Rock Throws

VS Onix
Potion - Rock Throw
Growl - Rock Throw
Potion - Rock Throw
Bide OHKOs after 2 Rock Throws (Level 17!)

VS Cranidos
Potion - Crit Headbutt
Super Potion - Headbutt
Growl - Leer
I Bide at the wrong time as he spams Leer

*Skipping ahead*

Attempt 9:
Onix and Geodude went the same as Attempt 5 more or less

VS Cranidos (I forgot how it exactly went, but it was something like this)
I healed up before using Growl followed by Bide. Bide doesn't quite kill, letting Roark use a Potion. I healed up as well (I think I used my X Defend and another Growl somewhere in here), before using Bide 1 more time and barely winning. During this, the only move he used was Headbutt.

FINALLY, WE WON.
I'm not going to say that I hate you for making me use a Kricketune without Leech Life to beat Roark, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't at all mad.

"This is embarrassing..." Oh shut up...

"YB received the Coal Badge from Roark!" Well earned, though honestly I had it on Attempt 1 before crits happened. I also got TM76 Stealth Rock, which might be useful honestly.

Well, we'll end it off here. After finally defeating the Gym Leader, we can finally continue with the days of solo Kricketune being numbered.

Badges: 1

Caught:

Level: 17
Gentle Nature
- Growl
- Leech Life
- Fury Cutter
Roark: Yes (Geodude, Onix, Cranidos)

Yeah, Cricthoven's bulk honestly hurt more than it helps. Having to use Growl first every battle mde Cricthoven more prone to either having to PP Stall in long battle, or in the case of the Gym, being just bulky enough to not OHKO the Gym Leader's Pokemon after 1 or Rock Throws/Headbutts but not being bulky enough to take 5 without having to heal 2-3 times. The Gym was very annoying because of this and Roark's extremely timely luck. Still better than what I could expect from a Kricketune, but not as impressed as before (though maybe Sing would've helped).

Not Caught:

Put up part 2

Chapter 5: (almost) Everyone Evolves

Ok, I want to get away from Lumiose City as fast as possible. Im getting Clemont flashbacks already.

Apparently, everyone is meeting at Route 14. I wonder why.

Surprise surprise! Calem wants to lose again! As usual, some switch shenanigans need to happen to take down Absol, but it works out. Power Gem is goodly move.

Anyways! We go through route 14, and we find a trainer with a Ghost type mon! I intentionally let Burniate faint, then swap in King Arthur and let him faint. Now that King Arthur has retaliated a Ghost Type mon, we can evolve him!

First evolution of this series so far! wow those stats increased a lot. Atk and Def are now 105 and 140 respectively. Now that I have the use of Swords Dance back, all i need to do is not die to any Special moves!
Speaking of not dying, I fly back to Shalour city and pick up an Eviolite. Probably gonna shuffle it between all of my pokemon not named Wall.

The haunted house is stupid, but I still gave him $100, cuz I'm a generous type of person. JK, I misclicked.

The PokeBall Factory has a totally unsuspicious person in a red suit standing in front of it, so guess it’s time to take on Laverre Gym!

>You are challenged by Furisode Girl Kali!

… A fairy type trainer named after the Hindu god of destruction. huh.

So unfortunately, Insanity immediately forces Gulpin to use Yawn twice in a row, but the opponent uses Volt Switch, so that’s nice.

Remember how I said I got really lucky with Ramos, and never doubled moves from Insanity? Divine karma right here folks. There was only one time between the 4 trainers where I did NOT use infestation or Yawn twice in a row. Any fairy types know lots of psychic moves. Thank god for that eviolite I picked up cuz otherwise I would not have survived.

So anyways, the 4 trainers go down, so now it's time to solo Valerie with Insanity!

The main issue was Mawile, with Feint attack and Crunch. Luckily, Confuse hax was such that I only had to use 1 Revive in this stage. Mr. Mime and Sylveon weren't too difficult, Light screen made Insanity do 0 damage, but they didn't do any damage either, so it worked.

After the battle, both Cookie Lover and Insanity evolve, making this challenge both better and a loooot worse. Hitmonleet whyf

Welp, since not much has happened this episode, gonna go take on Team Flare in the Pokeball factory!

So uhhhh unfortunately basically all of the Dark type pokemon that Insanity has to solo use physical moves. As a grumpig, Insanity is slightly bulkier, but switching is still painful, especially when combined with random moves. Thankfully, outside of Dark type solos this restriction will be pretty fine, since Insanity isn't meant to be tanking physical moves anyways-that's King Arthur's job.

I get a bit of a get out of jail free card when battling the scientists, because Calem kills the Liepard before I can get Insanity in for the solo. I mean that literally too: Insanity had to switch, then I used the random moves on the non-dark type, and by that time Liepard was dead.

So with that tedious pain, this episode concludes! Next episode we should probably get all the way to the 7th gym, which means that Explorer can finally evolve at least once!

So far, my pokemon have been loosely sorted from MVP to LVP, but imma make it official now.
Insanity (Grumpig)
Lv 52
Naughty nature
Own Tempo
-Psychic
-Thunder Wave
-Confuse Ray
-Power Gem

I wish Insanity wasn't so overleveled, I really do. But there is almost no way to avoid this, because Insanity now needs to be the highest level on my team, and Explorer soaks up so much EXP that there's not much I can do. Anyways, Insanity is in a bit of a weird spot. He's the MVP this episode because of how well he dealt with Valerie, but now that he's evolved, hes going to go downhill veeeeery quickly. I haven't taught him Rain Dance for now, since Explorer doesn't know Hurricane yet, so I am savoring the STAB while it lasts. Can I get some special Dark types please? Id much rather solo those, thanks.

Cookie Lover (Swalot)
Lv 42
Quiet nature
Sticky Hold
-Power-up Punch
-Yawn
-Return
-Infestation

Cookie Lover had a couple stumbles today with Valerie's gym, but persevered nonetheless. The main issue I have with Cookie Lover is that he doesn't have a defined role in the team. His stats are so uniform and lackluster that there's not much I can do with him. This is looking to be his permanent move set, since the only level up move he can use from now on is Wring Out, and with a stall set, Wring Out won't be terribly helpful. I'm not expecting Cookie Lover to go downhill the same way as Insanity, but I do think that he'll see less usage with a Psychic type gym coming up.

King Arthur (Duoblade)
Lv 41
Impish nature
No Guard
-Retaliate
-Gyro Ball
-Night Slash
-Swords Dance

Not much usage this episode, but I am SOOOO looking forward to using Arthur now. With Eviolite, Arthur is the first scramblemon I have to break 200 in a stat, with an effective 226 Defense with Eviolite. Add to that an Attack stat within 5 of Wall's attack and Insanity's special attack (And permission to use Swords Dance again!), this guy's gonna be a powerhouse. Unfortunately, SpDef is a pitiful 54, so not much is going to come out of the next gym, even with a Psychic resistance. Either way, this guy's gonna be so fun. I'm predicting that by the Elite 4, when he evolves again, Arthur will be prime MVP candidate.

Wall (Snorlax)
Lv 38
Adamant nature
Immunity
-Strength
-Sleep Talk
-Rest
-Surf

The only issue with Wall is his level. However, even 14 levels behind Insanity and Explorer, Wall still does his job: take a nap and slowly torture anyone without Fighting moves. Once Wall catches up level-wise, his SpDef is going to probably be more than Insanity's, so Wall might be good for taking down Olympia.

Explorer (Pidgey)
Lv 52
Timid nature
Keen Eye
-Return
-Fly
-Twister
-Whirlwind

6 Psychic
6 Flying
6 Fighting
6 Poison
6 Water
6 Dark
5 Bug
4 Electric
4 Ground
4 Fire
3 Fairy
3 Normal
3 Rock
3 Ghost
2 Dragon
1 Grass

Agh. Despite being tied for the highest level, Explorer has close to, if not the worst stats on the team. I'm not putting him as LVP because he still sees use (even if its because he's forced to be in battles). Just evolve already wouldn't you? Youre getting left behind by everyone.

Burniate (Litleo)
Lv 42
Jolly nature
Unnerve
-Work up
-Noble Roar
-Fire Fang
-Flamethrower

Incinerate. Please. 4 more levels 4 morelevels4morelevelsfmeiaowgeuwaofdjiaog. Yeah. Burniate still exists y'all.

tldr; lots of guys evolve, the other ones are now sad.

Frankly, if the challenge is too difficult, you can drop the Rain Dance requirement. I'm pretty sure I made the difficulty way too hard in the first place, tbh.

I think I'm going to keep the Rain Dance requirement but make it once per battle. I explain it in detail next episode, but when soloing Dark types, sometimes Insanity only gets one move every 5 turns. I don't want to make it too much easier though.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've decided to use a bunch of Pokemon I either rarely or never use the next time I play emerald so here's an OG scrambler back for some fun

I have a single rule:
- Under no circumstances will I accept challenges that are pure drudgery gruntwork. No "must solo every grass type", no "must always be the highest level", no "must exhaust all PP" type challenges. These are stupid, pointless, grind challenges that ask of no creativity. Things like "cannot evolve unless it solos Flannery" are totally fine

That might seem extreme but I've gone out of my way to take obnoxiously hard challenges before (special attacking Machop, no Evo Sunkern, etc) and I want fun quirks to spice up the run rather than things that make you want to kill yourself

Anyway here's what I'm going with:

- Exploud
- Beautifly / Banette (replacement at Mt Pyre)
- Camerupt
- Altaria
- Whiscash / Wailord (replacement at Lilycove)
- Grumpig

Have fun giving me creative/rewarding challenges!

I've decided to use a bunch of Pokemon I either rarely or never use the next time I play emerald so here's an OG scrambler back for some fun

I have a single rule:
- Under no circumstances will I accept challenges that are pure drudgery gruntwork. No "must solo every grass type", no "must always be the highest level", no "must exhaust all PP" type challenges. These are stupid, pointless, grind challenges that ask of no creativity. Things like "cannot evolve unless it solos Flannery" are totally fine

That might seem extreme but I've gone out of my way to take obnoxiously hard challenges before (special attacking Machop, no Evo Sunkern, etc) and I want fun quirks to spice up the run rather than things that make you want to kill yourself

- Exploud
- Camerupt
- Altaria
- Grumpig

I am giving to you Cpt.Magma, the Camerupt ^^

1) As a Fire/Ground-type he naturally avoids anything water like the plague. He will not fight any water-type-Pokemon, nor will he fight in the rain, or while you currently are surfing or diving.
2) Cpt.Magma loves to fight in a team. So let him participate in every Double Battle and do not switch him out, unless he would have to violate the first rule to do so.
3) However, due to its hatred of water he is indeed a little smelly... none of your other Pokemon can stand his stench for more than 1 round. You must switch out your other Pokemon every other round.
4) Aware and ashamed of this Cpt.Magma tries to cover up his stench by holding the Lax Incense (Mt. Pyre). And it works! Give him the Lax Incense and if you do, you dont have to apply the third rule.
5) He would never admit it, but he sympathizes with Team Magmas Goal and will therefore fight them with only half of his power. Do not use his super-effective moves against members of Team Magma.
6) Lastly Cpt.Magma is a little mean-spirited and especially likes bullying smaller and weaker Pokemon.
You can evolve Cpt.Magma only after overkilling a Pokemon that is 4-times-weak to ground-type attacks and at least 20 levels below Cpt.Magma with a scale-10-Magnitude.

7) Optional: Cpt.Magma prides himself on his strong Fire-type moves. Show him that you are proud too, by shouting "Krakatoa!" when one of his fire attacks crits.

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Rule 6 is going to be interesting lol SudowoodoIsTheNewSnorlax from what I can tell the only two evo lines commonly found that meet this requirement (Aron, magnemite) both have a chance to have Sturdy. (Unless magcargo can be found at low levels in the wild)

Rule 6 is going to be interesting lol SudowoodoIsTheNewSnorlax from what I can tell the only two evo lines commonly found that meet this requirement (Aron, magnemite) both have a chance to have Sturdy. (Unless magcargo can be found at low levels in the wild)
This is Emerald--Sturdy doesn't matter yet.

I wish I was creative enough to write challenges, but oh well.

I will accept a challenge, however.

CHALLENGE BEGUN
Game: SoulSilver (to Red)
Difficulty: Easy-Medium (don't want to kill myself on my first scramble)

Give me a starter and a Flyer, please, but no trade evos.

Sunkern
Evolves into Sunflora by soloing Eusine 1
Soloes Clair's Kingdra

S0n1cc (Cyndaquil)
Must have +Speed nature
Must hold Quick Claw
Must receive an X Speed in each important battle
Soloes any Exeggcute/Magemite
Soloes Silver (except the bat) for the sick Sonic '06 memes
Only damaging fire move is Flame Wheel (Ember is allowed until then)
Evolves into Quilava at 50 Speed
Evolves into Typhlosion at 100 Speed EVs

Blue Bat (Zubat)
Must hold Sky Plate
Soloes one member of every blue species (might make this all, we'll see)
Uses every blue item (e.g. Oran Berries)
Must take one attack from each Kimono Girl
Evolves into Golbat by entering every building until Ecruteak in the lead and receiving 2 haircuts
Evolves into Crobat by soloing each member of 4 different families that change color (e.g. Butterfree, Rattata)

F-14 (Spearow)
Must know "fighter-jet" style moves
Must solo any mon that kills Blue Bat (doesn't override soloes)
Soloes Falkner
Soloes Silver's bat
Evolves by learning Fly
Never forgets Fly

Gwen (Girafarig)
Only usable items are Full Restores and Max Revives
Must hold Nugget
Uses half of the Rare Candies

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Give me a starter, please, but no trade evos.
Take a Sunkern with no restrictions, having to is Sunkern is painful enough. However to evolve it has to solo the Eusine fight on Cianwood and as a Sunflora must solo Claire's Kingdra

Ah, right. Forgot that thats how Sturdy mechanics worked.

Texas Cloverleaf take Charts are Hard the Swablu! (Feel free to compress the name any way you like to fit the character restrictment)

What charts are difficult for CaH(imma nickname him that for now)? Type Charts of course! Swablu really wants to learn the type chart, but seems to forget about it all the time, so he's constantly learning.

When CaH wants to use a damaging move, he must either use a Super-effective move, or the move with the highest BP. However, each battle, CaH starts out believing that all of his moves are neutral. In order to "learn" the type effectiveness of a move, he must use it on an opponent. Once he has learned the effectiveness of a move, he is no longer forced to use that move, but may use it if he still wants to.

That might have been a bit confusing, so lemme try to rephrase lol
-May use status moves at any time.
-If using a damaging move, must use either a "learned move" or the unlearned move with the highest BP.
-A move is learned after using it once, but resets each fight.
-Unlearned moves are all assumed to have neutral effectiveness until learned

Because you, being the smart and amazing trainer that you (hopefully) are, know the type chart, You are allowed to change his moves to better suit upcoming battles at any time, but must follow the rules once in battle.

CaH may evolve at any time, but since he wants to learn lots about the type chart, Solo Winona, whose pokemon use the most move types (8) out of all the gym leaders. (Make sure to show her doubly illegal Altaria who's boss)(knows dragon dance and evolves early you cheater)

Hopefully that challenge makes sense lol. Tried to make it unique while also leaving leeway if you want to use TMs.

I have a single rule:

- Exploud
- Camerupt
- Altaria
- Grumpig

I'll write up Wiscash for you later today, if you don't mind me reserving it in advance.

EDIT: Alright. Take Wrath the Barboach. (I don't know how difficult you want this scramble to be, so I put things into "Tiers", based on the difficulty you want.)

As you would expect, Wrath is a very ANGRY Barboach. He is FURIOUS, and he has to take it out on the world.

Tier 1: First off, Wrath refuses to use any non-damaging moves. How can it express it's fury if it doesn't attack? Furthermore, if Wrath can learn a move with a higher BP than one it already has, it must learn it (this includes TMs). The only exception is if it must learn an HM.

Tier 2: Wrath is even more furious and rambunctious than before! Wrath refuses to have items used on it in battle. The dedication it has towards fighting is deeper as well. You cannot switch out Wrath once it is switched in. It's do or die. Another form of anger Wrath has is outrage (ignore the fact that it can't actually learn Outrage). In this case, the outrage Wrath has is directed towards the region's villainous teams. To evolve, Wrath must solo all of Slateport Museum and Mt. Chimney. To finish off the expression of ire towards the teams, Wrath must solo the Weather Institute and Archie.

Tier 3: Another form of wrath that Wrath has is vindictiveness. It hates that it gets thrown off of your team in favor of a fat and oafish whale. Once you obtain the Wailord, the no used items restriction passes to it as well. Also, it refuses to simply be abandoned and cast aside. It still has so much anger against the world. Every time you enter a pokemon center, you must swap the Wailord and Wrath. Finally, because of his spite, Wrath must solo any Wailmers and Wailords encountered while in your party.

Tier 4: Wrath's anger has reached the point where it is simply blind fury against others. This can cause him to run headlong into difficult circumstances. Wrath must solo two Gym Leaders/E4 that he does not have type advantage against (So not Roxanne, Wattson, or Flannery). This blinding rage also drives it to refuse any forms of assistance at all. Wrath may not have a held item.

Tier 5: After evolving, Wrath has found that he also turns his wrath inwards, with sullenness that puts off the rest of the party. The entire party is now effected by the no items and switching clauses. Finally, Wrath must solo Wallace.

Choose the Tiers that you want based on how much of a challenge you're looking for. I didn't find any specifications on difficulty when I read your post, so I'm offering a variety.

Last edited:

Give me a starter, please, but no trade evos.

Sunkern
Must solo Eusine 1 to evolve
Must solo Clair's Kingdra
Take S0n1cc the Memehog Cyndaquil
1) S0n1cc gotta go fast. He must have a speed-increasing nature.
2) gotta go fAtsr FaTsr!! S0n1cc must hold the Quickclaw (National Park)
3) U R 2 Slow! Give S0n1cc at least one X-Speed during each important battle (Rival, Gym, E4)
4) Last one is a rotten Eggman! He must solo any Pokemon of the Exeggcute- and Magnemite-Evolution-Line
5) His only allowed damaging Fire-Move is Flame Wheel as a homage to the classic Sonic-Spinattack. Before S0n1cc learns Flame Wheel you may use Ember though.
6) FAAAAAAZZZTRAAA!!!!11! Evolves to Quilava when his speed-stat is 50 or higher and to Typhlosion when it gained enough speed EVs to refuse taking Carbos.

Have fun being 3Fsat5Fruiuos

Last edited:
Take S0n1cc the Memehog Cyndaquil
1) S0n1cc gotta go fast. He must have a speed-increasing nature.
2) gotta go fAtsr FaTsr!! S0n1cc must hold the Quickclaw (National Park)
3) U R 2 Slow! Give S0n1cc at least one X-Speed during each important battle (Rival, Gym, E4)
4) Last one is a rotten Eggman! He must solo any Pokemon of the Exeggcute- and Magnemite-Evolution-Line
5) His only allowed damaging Fire-Move is Flame Wheel as a homage to the classic Sonic-Spinattack. Before S0n1cc learns Flame Wheel you may use Ember though.
6) FAAAAAAZZZTRAAA!!!!11! Evolves to Quilava when his speed-stat is 50 or higher and to Typlosion when it gained enough speed EVs to refuse taking Carbos.

Have fun being 3Fsat5Fruiuos
Accepted!

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I have a single rule:

- Exploud
- Camerupt
- Altaria
- Grumpig

Randomly checked out this thread and saw you accepting challenges so I thought why not give you something befitting a scrambler OG.

Take Hamm, the Grumpig. This Grumpig is actually a famous actor; he played a starring role in the great film trilogy Toy Story. Being the serious method actor that he is, Hamm has placed restrictions on himself coinciding with three plot points from his previous movies:

- As he sees himself as the true hero of the original Toy Story, Hamm cannot live with himself unless he defeats the evil Sid(ney)! Therefore, if he evolves into Grumpig, he must solo Sid(ney)'s Absol.

- As he's sure you'll know, Hamm was a bit obsessed with the video game Buzz Lightyear: Attack on Zurg. In order to commemorate that, Hamm will refuse to use the move Psychic unless it is purchased from the Game Corner using only money WON at the game corner.

- Finally, at the end of Toy Story 3 Hamm and the rest of Andy's toys are given away to Bonnie... who bares a striking resemblance to Elite Four member Phoebe! In order to prove his worth to his new owner, Hamm must solo one each of Bonnie's (Phoebe's) two favorite toys! (Banette and Dusclops)!

Finally, since Hamm is in fact a piggy bank, he must always hold the Amulet Coin, because old habits die hard.

Episode 6: I Crash Random.org

Disclaimer: I did not actually crash the Random.org servers

First things first, now that Insanity's restrictions are getting real, imma pin down how I'm going to go about this now so I don't mess up, especially regarding Double Battles.

After the first turn, check if an opponent who was not previously paralyzed or confused has become so. If not, all active pokemon must randomly select a move. Repeat this X*2 times, where X is the number of opponents. This way, a single battle can trigger 2 random moves, a double battle 4, and so on. I am trying to be as true to the restrictions as possible while still making sense.

Why do I bring this up? I tried grinding at the cafe in Lumiose City. You know, the one with Triple battles. I theoretically had to generate 18 random moves in each battle (6 per pokemon). Luckily, I killed them before that happened, but thats just a showcase of the extremities of this challenge lol.

However, an upside to the Cafe is that the Chef that you battle at the end has given Berries to his Pokemon! So I grind up Burniate a bit to finally learn Incinerate, and can finally evolve him! Just Explorer left to evolve now.

Anyways, back to the actual storyline. I sorta skip most of the trainers in Routes 15, 16, and Frost cavern for now, since I want to come back with a plan and with spare time. I am probably going to use these routes for level grinding and fulfilling WW challenges, so I want to wait until I see if a specific Pokemon needs grinding before coming back to these routes. This results in a few less levels this episode, but it will come back later. Explorer does reach a high enough level to learn Hurricane, though, so that means that I have to give Insanity Rain Dance now. Rip 4MSS.

However, I do still have to face Team flare in the Frost Cavern. And guess what type pokemon they have! Dark! howd you guess
So, now that Insanity is also paranoid, I have an interesting dilemma. Houndoom is 1-2HKOd by Power Gem, but because his moveset is Embargo and 3 physical moves, I cannot switch Insanity into an attack, because I will probably just have to switch out afterwards. This means that every time Insanity switches out, I have to let another Pokemon faint so that I can give Insanity a turn to attack. However, the only pokemon i can reasonably do this with are Burniate and Cookie Lover, since Wall cannot be switched in and the other 2 have death penalties. However, since neither of these pokemon use any moves (because they aren't soloing), the random move trigger from Insanity backs up all the way to the next time Insanity switches in. I got the worst luck possible this time, and got Rain Dance for both random moves, making what should have been a 2 turn fight cost almost 15 turns and at least 4 Revives. The price we pay for internet stardom i guess.

Route 17 only has one Trainer, but Explorer cannot take part in Sky Battles yet, so its off to Anistar City!

Calem wants to battle again, and while Insanity faces the same predicament as Houndoom (and will always face now, rip my patience), I am able to switch Insanity in on Meowstic, and get lucky hax, making the fight much smoother. Since Chesnaught apparently doesn't have Dark moves anymore, King Arthur takes care of the rest of the team.

Honestly, not much to say about the Anistar Gym. Every Trainer had only 1 Pokemon, which makes Explorer sad, but none of them could out damage King Arthur's night slash with Eviolite. Even with his pitiful SpDef, type advantages and Eviolite work wonders.

Olympia (Miss Haiku) was slightly more challenging, since Explorer had to WW two pokemon. This fight was slightly RNG, as Explorer had to WW into Meowstic for two reasons. One, Slowing's Power Gem had a high chance of 1HKOing Explorer before WW. Two, Meowstic has Shadow Ball, and needs to be removed before I can safely bring King Arthur in.

Luckily (well 50% chance so not too bad), this happens, and the rest of the fight goes smoothly. Wall takes down Meowstic then dies to a lucky crit from Slowking, but Arthur comes in, retaliates, and Night Slashes his way to victory!

With that, 7 Badges are ours! And since Wulfric is being soloed, one of Explorer's evolve requirements has been activated!

Next episode will probably deal entirely with Team Flare, not sure I will fit Gym no.8 in there as well.

King Arthur (Duoblade)
Lv 47
Impish Nature
No Guard
-Swords Dance
-Retaliate
-Iron Head
-Night Slash

Oh, Arthur. Watch as enemies cower before your Base 49 Special Defense. But in all honesty, King Arthur's Eviolite-Boosted Defense stat is 264, which is not something I thought I'd be saying at this point in the game. Add to that almost no restrictions (Dark is a pretty good substitute for Ghost, barring STAB and priority), and I have a monster of a sweeper. Even with no Swords Dances set up, Iron head has been a 2HKO on basically anything that doesn't resist it. As long as I don't match him up against unresisted special pokemon, Arthur will smite down anything and everything. (oh and retaliate hits hard af too)

Wall (Snorlax)
Lv 45
Adamant Nature
Immunity
-Strength
-Surf
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

You know, its only when I'm writing these reviews that I remember that Wall is the lowest level member of my team. Even with Arthur's ridiculous defense stat, Wall is still the team's premier... well... wall. Rocky helmet has done more damage than Burniate has this entire game so far, and Rest has saved me a ludicrous amount of cash. I am honestly looking forward to the Wulfric solo, since Wall learns Heavy Slam in 5 levels.

Insanity (Grumpig)
Lv 61
Naughty Nature
Own Tempo
-Rain Dance
-Thunder Wave
-Confuse Ray
-Power Gem

Most of what I needed to say about Insanity I said earlier this post. Lots of RNG, one of the worst cases of 4MSS I've ever seen, happy feet that keep switching. To be fair though, he's not dead weight. He still gets my Number 3 spot because Insanity has the highest Attack stat of all my pokemon, and is only 1 off the highest Speed of all my pokemon. Insanity is also just about as bulky specially as Wall, with a little more SpDef and a little less HP. Really, to sum it up, this is one of the rare pokemon that becomes harder to use when I'm not using it. Lucky Egg is making sure Insanity's the highest level, hence the exorbitant Level 61 you see.

Cookie Lover (Swalot)
Lv 47
Quiet Nature
Sticky Hold
-Power-up Punch
-Yawn
-Return
-Infestation

Man, Cookie Lover's stats are really lackluster compared to everyone else's. Solid stats across the board, but nothing really shines out. Cookie Lover is actually the only pokemon on my team with no stat, barring HP, over 100. Yes, 3 of those stats are 97 or 98, but it just doesn't feel the same. He feels like a slow wall that builds up power, but that job is already taken by Wall. He still has his uses though, and if given the chance to stack Power up Punches, hits almost as hard as King Arthur. It's just hard to get there.

Explorer (Pidgeotto)
Lv 59
Timid Nature
Keen Eye
-Hurricane
-Twister
-Fly
-Whirlwind

(not posting WW's because they barely changed from last episode)

FINALLY YOU EVOLVED! now you'll die slightly less until you evolve again. Not much to say here. Yes, highest speed, Yes, hurricane hits hard, but frankly at this point, I'm so scared of the fainting restriction to use him that much. Although now that I think about it, I could intentionally faint Explorer to avoid Insanity's dark type solos. Meh too much effort. Explorer is basically in a holding pattern until he evolves again.

Burniate (Pyroar)
Lv 47
Jolly Nature
Unnerve
-Work Up
-Noble Roar
-Fire Fang
-Incinerate

Remember what I said about Cookie Lover being too slow, and having his job better achieved by other people? Burniate is that issue, but on steroids. The only type that Burniate hits for SE damage that is not easily SE'd by another pokemon is Steel (Power up Punch doesn't count here); Flying hits grass and bug, and Steel hits ice. The lack of coverage just kills Burniate, especially with both the Grass and Ice gyms having solos. Im sure he will bust out in the Lysandre fights, what with work up and yada yada, but theres just so many more efficient ways to do what he does. Give me a room full of Steel mons, I'd love that. (I'd also love to WW all of them Kappa)

Tldr; I take 18 random turns, skip lots of Trainers, and get all the way down to 1 Evolution left. We're all looking at you, Pidgeotto.

Also! If anyone has pending Scrambles that I have not given challenges to, Let me know! I frequently miss posts, and I know people are chomping at the bit to get started, so I can always provide.

[
Episode 6: I Crash Random.org

Disclaimer: I did not actually crash the Random.org servers

First things first, now that Insanity's restrictions are getting real, imma pin down how I'm going to go about this now so I don't mess up, especially regarding Double Battles.

After the first turn, check if an opponent who was not previously paralyzed or confused has become so. If not, all active pokemon must randomly select a move. Repeat this X*2 times, where X is the number of opponents. This way, a single battle can trigger 2 random moves, a double battle 4, and so on. I am trying to be as true to the restrictions as possible while still making sense.

Why do I bring this up? I tried grinding at the cafe in Lumiose City. You know, the one with Triple battles. I theoretically had to generate 18 random moves in each battle (6 per pokemon). Luckily, I killed them before that happened, but thats just a showcase of the extremities of this challenge lol.

However, an upside to the Cafe is that the Chef that you battle at the end has given Berries to his Pokemon! So I grind up Burniate a bit to finally learn Incinerate, and can finally evolve him! Just Explorer left to evolve now.

Anyways, back to the actual storyline. I sorta skip most of the trainers in Routes 15, 16, and Frost cavern for now, since I want to come back with a plan and with spare time. I am probably going to use these routes for level grinding and fulfilling WW challenges, so I want to wait until I see if a specific Pokemon needs grinding before coming back to these routes. This results in a few less levels this episode, but it will come back later. Explorer does reach a high enough level to learn Hurricane, though, so that means that I have to give Insanity Rain Dance now. Rip 4MSS.

However, I do still have to face Team flare in the Frost Cavern. And guess what type pokemon they have! Dark! howd you guess
So, now that Insanity is also paranoid, I have an interesting dilemma. Houndoom is 1-2HKOd by Power Gem, but because his moveset is Embargo and 3 physical moves, I cannot switch Insanity into an attack, because I will probably just have to switch out afterwards. This means that every time Insanity switches out, I have to let another Pokemon faint so that I can give Insanity a turn to attack. However, the only pokemon i can reasonably do this with are Burniate and Cookie Lover, since Wall cannot be switched in and the other 2 have death penalties. However, since neither of these pokemon use any moves (because they aren't soloing), the random move trigger from Insanity backs up all the way to the next time Insanity switches in. I got the worst luck possible this time, and got Rain Dance for both random moves, making what should have been a 2 turn fight cost almost 15 turns and at least 4 Revives. The price we pay for internet stardom i guess.

Route 17 only has one Trainer, but Explorer cannot take part in Sky Battles yet, so its off to Anistar City!

Calem wants to battle again, and while Insanity faces the same predicament as Houndoom (and will always face now, rip my patience), I am able to switch Insanity in on Meowstic, and get lucky hax, making the fight much smoother. Since Chesnaught apparently doesn't have Dark moves anymore, King Arthur takes care of the rest of the team.

Honestly, not much to say about the Anistar Gym. Every Trainer had only 1 Pokemon, which makes Explorer sad, but none of them could out damage King Arthur's night slash with Eviolite. Even with his pitiful SpDef, type advantages and Eviolite work wonders.

Olympia (Miss Haiku) was slightly more challenging, since Explorer had to WW two pokemon. This fight was slightly RNG, as Explorer had to WW into Meowstic for two reasons. One, Slowing's Power Gem had a high chance of 1HKOing Explorer before WW. Two, Meowstic has Shadow Ball, and needs to be removed before I can safely bring King Arthur in.

Luckily (well 50% chance so not too bad), this happens, and the rest of the fight goes smoothly. Wall takes down Meowstic then dies to a lucky crit from Slowking, but Arthur comes in, retaliates, and Night Slashes his way to victory!

With that, 7 Badges are ours! And since Wulfric is being soloed, one of Explorer's evolve requirements has been activated!

Next episode will probably deal entirely with Team Flare, not sure I will fit Gym no.8 in there as well.

King Arthur (Duoblade)
Lv 47
Impish Nature
No Guard
-Swords Dance
-Retaliate
-Iron Head
-Night Slash

Oh, Arthur. Watch as enemies cower before your Base 49 Special Defense. But in all honesty, King Arthur's Eviolite-Boosted Defense stat is 264, which is not something I thought I'd be saying at this point in the game. Add to that almost no restrictions (Dark is a pretty good substitute for Ghost, barring STAB and priority), and I have a monster of a sweeper. Even with no Swords Dances set up, Iron head has been a 2HKO on basically anything that doesn't resist it. As long as I don't match him up against unresisted special pokemon, Arthur will smite down anything and everything. (oh and retaliate hits hard af too)

Wall (Snorlax)
Lv 45
Adamant Nature
Immunity
-Strength
-Surf
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

You know, its only when I'm writing these reviews that I remember that Wall is the lowest level member of my team. Even with Arthur's ridiculous defense stat, Wall is still the team's premier... well... wall. Rocky helmet has done more damage than Burniate has this entire game so far, and Rest has saved me a ludicrous amount of cash. I am honestly looking forward to the Wulfric solo, since Wall learns Heavy Slam in 5 levels.

Insanity (Grumpig)
Lv 61
Naughty Nature
Own Tempo
-Rain Dance
-Thunder Wave
-Confuse Ray
-Power Gem

Most of what I needed to say about Insanity I said earlier this post. Lots of RNG, one of the worst cases of 4MSS I've ever seen, happy feet that keep switching. To be fair though, he's not dead weight. He still gets my Number 3 spot because Insanity has the highest Attack stat of all my pokemon, and is only 1 off the highest Speed of all my pokemon. Insanity is also just about as bulky specially as Wall, with a little more SpDef and a little less HP. Really, to sum it up, this is one of the rare pokemon that becomes harder to use when I'm not using it. Lucky Egg is making sure Insanity's the highest level, hence the exorbitant Level 61 you see.

Cookie Lover (Swalot)
Lv 47
Quiet Nature
Sticky Hold
-Power-up Punch
-Yawn
-Return
-Infestation

Man, Cookie Lover's stats are really lackluster compared to everyone else's. Solid stats across the board, but nothing really shines out. Cookie Lover is actually the only pokemon on my team with no stat, barring HP, over 100. Yes, 3 of those stats are 97 or 98, but it just doesn't feel the same. He feels like a slow wall that builds up power, but that job is already taken by Wall. He still has his uses though, and if given the chance to stack Power up Punches, hits almost as hard as King Arthur. It's just hard to get there.

Explorer (Pidgeotto)
Lv 59
Timid Nature
Keen Eye
-Hurricane
-Twister
-Fly
-Whirlwind

(not posting WW's because they barely changed from last episode)

FINALLY YOU EVOLVED! now you'll die slightly less until you evolve again. Not much to say here. Yes, highest speed, Yes, hurricane hits hard, but frankly at this point, I'm so scared of the fainting restriction to use him that much. Although now that I think about it, I could intentionally faint Explorer to avoid Insanity's dark type solos. Meh too much effort. Explorer is basically in a holding pattern until he evolves again.

Burniate (Pyroar)
Lv 47
Jolly Nature
Unnerve
-Work Up
-Noble Roar
-Fire Fang
-Incinerate

Remember what I said about Cookie Lover being too slow, and having his job better achieved by other people? Burniate is that issue, but on steroids. The only type that Burniate hits for SE damage that is not easily SE'd by another pokemon is Steel (Power up Punch doesn't count here); Flying hits grass and bug, and Steel hits ice. The lack of coverage just kills Burniate, especially with both the Grass and Ice gyms having solos. Im sure he will bust out in the Lysandre fights, what with work up and yada yada, but theres just so many more efficient ways to do what he does. Give me a room full of Steel mons, I'd love that. (I'd also love to WW all of them Kappa)

Tldr; I take 18 random turns, skip lots of Trainers, and get all the way down to 1 Evolution left. We're all looking at you, Pidgeotto.

Also! If anyone has pending Scrambles that I have not given challenges to, Let me know! I frequently miss posts, and I know people are chomping at the bit to get started, so I can always provide.

Yeah, waiting sucks, I am still waiting for more suggestions for my Crystal Scramble ^^"
You havent made a mon for bbluewi´s Soulsilver Scramble

What is Pidgeottos fainting restriction again?
It would be nice, if you could repost your pokemons restrictions, I frequently lose track of them :P

[

Yeah, waiting sucks, I am still waiting for more suggestions for my Crystal Scramble ^^"
You havent made a mon for bbluewi´s Soulsilver Scramble

What is Pidgeottos fainting restriction again?
It would be nice, if you could repost your pokemons restrictions, I frequently lose track of them :P
If Explorer faints while in the first slot (which is basically all the time), must solo 2 trainers from the next tour route without items.

If King Arthur faints, he cannot use Swords Dance until he evolves.

I just realized the huge opportunity I missed with S0n1cc.

I should have forced bbluewi to solo Silver for a fancy Sonic06 reference (which is clearly one of the masterpieces in the Sonic-franchise and was way ahead of its time.)
Well, its to late to change the restrictions now. You could also say ITS NO USE!!! :mehowth:

I should have forced bbluewi to solo Silver for a fancy Sonic06 reference (which is clearly one of the masterpieces in the Sonic-franchise and was way ahead of its time.)
Well, its to late to change the restrictions now. You could also say ITS NO USE!!! :mehowth:
Who could give up a chance to reference the best meme of all time? Addition accepted!

Sonic06? Don’t you mean Loading Screen Simulator (tm)?

Give me a starter and a Flyer, please, but no trade evos.

Sunkern
Must solo Eusine 1 to evolve
Must solo Clair's Kingdra

S0n1cc (Cyndaquil)
Must have +Speed nature
Must hold Quick Claw
Must receive an X Speed in each important battle
Soloes any Exeggcute/Magemite
Soloes Silver for the sick Sonic '06 memes
Only damaging fire move is Flame Wheel (Ember is allowed until then)
Evolves into Quilava at 50 Speed
Evolves into Typhlosion at 100 Speed EVs
Well its time to apply my trade, so lets go

Take Blue Bat the Zubat

- If there's one thing that Blue Bat the Zubat is really proud of, is it's lustrious blue fur coat. His coat is so shiny and cool, that it garnered all the envy from his friends back at the cave. Blue Bat however, thinks any other blue pokemon suck, and so he demands to fight each and every single one of them. Solo one member of a species that has a blue pokemon. You don't have to solo every blue pokemon though, just one of each species,
- Blue Bat also sees himself as the most fashionable pokemon to grace the planet, and so he will demand to be at the front of you party whenever you go enter a city. He also demands haircuts. To evolve him once, you must walk into each house and building with him in the front up until Ecruteak city and give him 2 haircuts
- Blue Bat also sees the Kimono Girls as beacons of fashion, and wants to see their technique in battle. For each and every single Kimono girl, Blue Bat will take one turn to see them attack, and only then will he attack. Note that he doesn't need to solo them, just see one move from each and every single one of the Kimono Girl's pokemon
-
Blue Bat also has a fondness for anything blue, and hogs all blue items that you get for himself. He will use up all the oran berries, and other blue items. Once you get the sky plate, then he will hold onto it forever as it is the epitome of blue.
- Unfortunately for Blue Bat, he holds a high disdain for Crobat, and sees their purple coat as the ugliest thing to ever grace this planet. He will refuse to battle if he evers see such an ugly creature, and will refuse to evolve into this monstrosity. To convince him that he is wrong about his hatred for Crobat and convince him to evolve, solo each member of 4 families of pokemon who change color when they evolve. The list of such pokemon includes the Butterfree line, Rattatta line, Weedle line, Ariados line, Crobat line, Mareep line, Steelix line, Scizor line, Hoppip line, Yanma line, Psyduck Line, Dragonite Line, Starmie Line, Remoraid line, and Eevee line

Well its time to apply my trade, so lets go

Take Blue Bat the Zubat

- If there's one thing that Blue Bat the Zubat is really proud of, is it's lustrious blue fur coat. His coat is so shiny and cool, that it garnered all the envy from his friends back at the cave. Blue Bat however, thinks any other blue pokemon suck, and so he demands to fight each and every single one of them. Solo one member of a species that has a blue pokemon. You don't have to solo every blue pokemon though, just one of each species,
- Blue Bat also sees himself as the most fashionable pokemon to grace the planet, and so he will demand to be at the front of you party whenever you go enter a city. He also demands haircuts. To evolve him once, you must walk into each house and building with him in the front up until Ecruteak city and give him 2 haircuts
- Blue Bat also sees the Kimono Girls as beacons of fashion, and wants to see their technique in battle. For each and every single Kimono girl, Blue Bat will take one turn to see them attack, and only then will he attack. Note that he doesn't need to solo them, just see one move from each and every single one of the Kimono Girl's pokemon
-
Blue Bat also has a fondness for anything blue, and hogs all blue items that you get for himself. He will use up all the oran berries, and other blue items. Once you get the sky plate, then he will hold onto it forever as it is the epitome of blue.
- Unfortunately for Blue Bat, he holds a high disdain for Crobat, and sees their purple coat as the ugliest thing to ever grace this planet. He will refuse to battle if he evers see such an ugly creature, and will refuse to evolve into this monstrosity. To convince him that he is wrong about his hatred for Crobat and convince him to evolve, solo each member of 4 families of pokemon who change color when they evolve. The list of such pokemon includes the Butterfree line, Rattatta line, Weedle line, Ariados line, Crobat line, Mareep line, Steelix line, Scizor line, Hoppip line, Yanma line, Psyduck Line, Dragonite Line, Starmie Line, Remoraid line, and Eevee line
I get more and more excited to do this with each mon--accepted!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)