The NFL Fantasy Football Thread, 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
ughhhhhhh im gonna be matched up vs the toughest team in the league, for the playoffs... and im the #1 seed. RIP.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Mark Ingram is the #6 RB in da lee in League A (i.e. half PPR) and he isn't even the highest scoring RB on his own team.

Barring any bullshit I'm about to be in the playoffs in League C after starting 3-7 oh my god

Let it be known that you're never out of it in fantasy football until you're out of it

I swear if Doug Baldwin can't get me 3 fantasy points in the second half...

edit: yay he got the points I needed. tho that hurts me in another league where I could either have a potential first round bye or be out of the playoffs. I don't completely trust Big Ben on the road despite his recent success.

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I have the highest score in league A so far this week. However, my opponent is slated to overtake me, meaning that my cursed as fuck team will get again lose with the second highest score for the week.

Most points in the league, yet I finish 6-7 in 6th place. A team that good shouldn't finish with a losing record and sneak into the playoffs. Fuck you fantasy football.

Also I love you WaterBomb but fuck you and your middle of the road team for finishing 10-3 with almost 100 points less than me ._.

My dynasty team averaged 127.69 points per week the last four weeks of the season after averaging 94 points per week the first nine weeks of the season, so I guess that's a moral victory despite missing the playoffs. Don't think my team is that bad roster wise so I'm looking for a good rebound next season.

If Big Ben scores more than 7.4 points and A.J. Green scores more than 14.2 in my PPR keeper, I get a first round bye. Would really appreciate that because I'm thinking Gronk probably gets suspended next week and my team seems to underachieve way too frequently.

Also,

lol at WaterBomb easily breaking my record from last year for easiest schedule in League A. Although I think I had a way worse team than he did despite also winning 10 games.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would really appreciate if Antiono Brown puts up no more than 13 PPR points tonight :/

147 should not be a losing score

Unfortunately my OP has an OP team that is pretty much going to cruise to the ship in Brady / Fournette / Kamara / Brown / Tyreek / Engram / Zeurlein / Chargers

RIP OBJ and TyMont, we could have been great...

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Bullshit. Everyone else will see they're playing against you and decide to get goose eggs.
This. Also just realised league A was also the league I lost Watson and OBJ for the season (yet still managed to lead the league in points heh).

What's everyone's most cursed team been this season? Did anyone own Dalvin Cook + DJ/OBJ?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This. Also just realised league A was also the league I lost Watson and OBJ for the season (yet still managed to lead the league in points heh).

What's everyone's most cursed team been this season? Did anyone own Dalvin Cook + DJ/OBJ?
All my teams are doing reasonably well. My league a team honestly has been the worst hit by injuries, I've just been lucky with points against.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

League A i lost Cook and Rodgers (Cook after trading for him and rudolph in exchange for Kelce)

my narffl ppr league was the OBJ / TyMont one

lost rodgers and cook again in my superflex 8 man league

and lastly i drafted Luck in league C and the dynasty league

the dynasty league one is going to really really sting if the injury breaks his career

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
^I basically lost Nelson via proxy, except it's even worse because unlike a guy on IR I can't really drop him. Plus Zeke because of a shitty witch hunt, funny enough this week my RBs put up a combined 63.5 points and only two other people in the league started all RBs that outscored my 5th highest. also I just remembered we changed from two-week playoffs to three weeks this year

I'm actually going to end up 10th in scoring, how bout that. Though the gap between me and #1 is less than the gap between me and #11... how bout that.

Last edited:
Making my first post here in years to say how amazed I am at how close League C was this year. Half the league finished at 6-7! Maybe I'm just a fantasy noob but I've never seen such a tight league. Lowkey salty tho cuz I had a chance to make the playoffs at 7-6 after starting 2-4 but Matt Ryan decided to lay an egg as usual this season

Stallion

Tree Young
mfw #1 and #2 in League A scoring aren't in the playoffs
#1 checking in. Fuck league A. Some fucking bullshit there. I'm actually so salty that the best team isn't in the freaking playoffs.

"If they played every team every week, Joe Vincent Flacco would be 92-51"

After losing Watson and OBJ, I lead the league in scoring anyway, only to get bsed out in a bs season. Condolences to #2 by the way.

Last edited:
Lmao I love those stats like “if they had ———‘s schedule they would be 9-2”

Sometimes the schedule really does fuck you. It’s the bogus variable you just can’t control.

Going back and reading some recaps, a lot of teams in my league would have had completely different records if they just had someone else’s schedule.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That's the drawback to doing head to head instead of straight points. Although I couldn't imagine doing straight points, sounds boring af

I've always thought a round robin style of every team playing every other team each week would be fun, but I'm not sure of any websites that it would do it.

Overall win rate vs every team over the course of the year is probably the best estimator of how good a team is and how worthy they are of playoff spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)