The NFL Fantasy Football Thread, 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
KC actually did pretty well too, so too much of a good thing I guess.

This is the first year I can remember actually being in only one fantasy league.

Gunslinger Stafford Vs the tough Falcons.

Or risky as fuck Cutler vs the shit Jets.

This is my dilemma in my money league. Rip.

I just may finish at an astounding 45 or less in A this week. Pretty much am expecting last place there. Wasted autodrafted picks and most average roster at this point. I'll be the official fantasy team of the Bengals.

And the damn waiver rules don't help. Somebody hack in FAAB.

Thankfully, Dynasty will have a much better outlook despite the 0-2 start.

Anyone playing with or against D.Parker? Had two catches for four yards with like six minutes left. Finished with 8 catches for 76 yards and a TD. Not bad

Also terribly glad I didn't sell Murray and Cooks last week, but I'd still be looking to offload them now

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
"Demarco Murray is nowhere close to 100%"
"Demarco Murray is unlikely to play"
"Demarco Murray won't get a full workload even if he plays"
"Derrick Henry has clearly been the better back"
"Bench Murray and start Henry"

Welp...

Bonehead move of the week: benching Diggs in not one, but two leagues thinking that this kid isn't QB-proof

Never doing that again
yeah i feel you.

especially hurts because in that league i'm 15pts back with Palmer/Nelson left, and he has Zeke and Fitz.

another decisive win in my 8 man full ppr/2QB/3WR league.

My big money league has 3 divisions, each with one 3-0 team and three 1-2 teams.

There are nine teams tied for fourth at 1-2.

Also our number one seed is 32-1 against every team every week, managing to get Bell, Hunt, Brady, Hopkins, and Diggs. Gonna be a long season

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Funny enough I disagree on both points, Cooper vs the Denver D when his coach isn't confident in him is a risky proposition while Lee looks to have a decent floor as the second receiver at worst on the Jags whereas Carson is presently mostly unproven hype vs Gordon's strength.

Couldn't fault you for picking carson but i'd take lee and gordon there*

*am currently sitting cooper in 1/3 leagues, thielen replacing

I wouldn't bench Cooper, but Lee is doing solid and should have a good game this weekend.

After Josh putting Coop and Crab on blast, you can bet Talib is gonna try to get it rolling even more, prompting either to try to ball out.

that lineup is straight up criminal if there's more than 8 teams in that 2qb league

I don't see how you get Gordon, Freeman, Brees, and Cooper in one draft, plus Hunt and another top 12 QB. You'd better be 3-0 lol

Carson is fine but has higher bust potential behind seattles o line, same with Cooper basically (higher risk and reward). I'd say base it off how well you think the rest of your team will do and how well your opponent will do, your team has enough talent you should probably stick with high floor picks

Would agree with Texas, Lee over Cooper and Gordon over Carson.

Cooper is a hard fade this week. With his drop issues and likelihood to see shadow coverage his floor is a goose egg. I'm sitting him in the one league I own him (context matters of course: I have Landry to take his place in 0.5 PPR against the Saints "D")

that lineup is straight up criminal if there's more than 8 teams in that 2qb league

I don't see how you get Gordon, Freeman, Brees, and Cooper in one draft, plus Hunt and another top 12 QB. You'd better be 3-0 lol

Carson is fine but has higher bust potential behind seattles o line, same with Cooper basically (higher risk and reward). I'd say base it off how well you think the rest of your team will do and how well your opponent will do, your team has enough talent you should probably stick with high floor picks
yup it's 8 team league, was a standard 12 team league last year but had some dropouts so we added all the extra slots and went crazy.

i am indeed 3-0.

my opponents team is pretty shit, his only star being ODB.

i think i'll sit Cooper and let Carson do something before starting him.

Lee/Gordan it is.

EDIT: i'm in 2nd because of points scored (542 vs 485), but i'm second in points against (445) and 1st is last (385).

EDIT: WR situation in my .5ppr league is a little dicey too.

GSweek4.png

Julio has been very frustrating this year, but you don't sit him ever.
Alshon hasn't done much yet, but i like the match-up this week.
i was a big Hogan believer pre-season and that finally paid off last week, but i'm not liking the match-up, but Brady is usually match-up proof, and Cooks will get most of the attention.
i've been trying to believe in Diggs for a couple years now, but he's never done anything/been used properly. i lost last week because of his 33 bench points. i don't want that to happen to me again.
i like Buck Allen's match-up, but am thinking it might be better to start Lee or Hogan instead.

thoughts, oh wise ones?

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd start Hogan or Lee over buck Allen but looks fine elsewise

I sound crazy for Allen but the Ravens offense vs the Steeler d is concerning, as is the carries Alex Collins picked up last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)