The Heart of the Cards - Gen 7 Edition (Slate #9: Blissey, Claydol, Ampharos (Submission Phase))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Origin0: 11
Reviloja753: 7
Pika Xreme: 4
Squawkerz: 2

Reviloja753: 8
Squawkerz: 8

Origin0: 6
Gravity Monkey: 2

Reviloja753: 9
Gravity Monkey: 7
koista12: 4
Origin0: 4

Reviloja753: 7
Gravity Monkey: 6
Origin0: 5
koista12: 5
Squawkerz: 1

Origin0: 9
Squawkerz: 9

Reviloja753: 6

Origin0: 12
Reviloja753: 6
Squawkerz: 6

Here is our vote count! Congrats to myself (lol) and Origin0! Yoshiblaze Since there's only two winning people, what happens? I pick Azumarill btw.

There are two ties, for Altaria's ability and Gallade's move.

Last edited:
Last Submission Slot:
In this situation, I would go to the priority list I made last slate and pick the last mon that way, but then I remembered that the last time we had 2 winners and a tie with someone who hadn't won, I let them pick, so Squawkerz gets to pick

Hall of Fame:
Reviloja753 moves to Pokemon Prime rank!

(If he wins the tiebreaker, Origin0 will move to Pokemon BREAK rank and if Squawkerz wins both tiebreakers, he will move to Pokemon Prime rank)

Here's what exactly won (and for my convenience with the archive)

WINNING MOVE: DRAGON MIST BY Origin0
Move Name: Dragon Mist
Appearance In The TCG: Altaria ex, EX Emerald 90
Base Power: 80
Power Points: 15 (max 24)
Accuracy: 100
Elemental Type:

Damage Category:

Effect: Can hit Fairy-types and does double damage against Steel-types. Also ignores the target's ability.
Z-Effect: Devastating Drake, 160 BP
Target: Selected Target
Makes Contact: No
Special Properties: Ignores the target's ability and resistances.
Design Rationale: Dragon Mist is a great Dragon-type STAB that allows Altaria to hit Steel-types without having to rely on Fire- or Ground-type coverage.

WINNING ABILITY: tie
TBD

WINNING MOVE: SPIRAL DRAIN BY Reviloja753
Move Name: Spiral Drain
Appearance In The TCG:EX Legend Maker 84
Base Power: 85
Power Points: 16
Accuracy: 90%
Elemental Type: Rock
Damage Category: Physical
Effect: Lowers the user's speed by one stage. This Pokemon recovers 50% of the damage dealt. Hazards are removed on this Pokemon's side of the field.
Z-Effect: 160 power.
Target: All adjacent Pokemon
Special Properties: N/A
Design Rationale: Armaldo doesn't have any recovery moves that are any good. I decided to give it something akin to a combination of Drain Punch and Rapid Spin. With that level of role compression in a single move, it can run other moves in its movepool, such as Curse, Swords Dance and Stealth Rock. Overall, Spiral Drain gives it a lot more unpredictability in its sets.

WINNING ABILITY: DUAL ARMOR BY Reviloja753
Ability Name: Dual Armor
Appearance In The TCG: EX Legend Maker 84
Effect: If this Pokemon is holding an item, its secondary type and Normal-type moves become Grass-type.
Ability Replaced: N/A
Design Rationale: Rock/Bug is not a good defensive typing, especially seeing how it's weak to Stealth Rock. This ability seeks to fix its typing to a much better one, both offensively and defensively. It also makes Normal-type moves Grass to give it an actual STAB move. These two things combine to make Armaldo a great hazard remover, especially with the move. As for flavor, I can see Dual Armor Armaldo having moss growing on them and such. Also, it makes it closer to its partner in crime, Cradily.

WINNING MOVE: tie
TBD

WINNING ABILITY: BLADE STORM BY Origin0
Ability Name: Blade Storm
Appearance In The TCG: Gallade Lv. X, Rising Rivals 106
Effect: Every turn Gallade is out, the opposing Pokemon takes indirect damage equal to 1/16th of its max HP before Gallade's turn. Blocked by Magic Guard.
Design Rationale: The card Poke Power normally does damage to all of the opponent's Pokemon, but that doesn't happen in the games, so I just made it damage the active Pokemon. This ability provides chip damage every turn Gallade is out, which is very useful for breaking Focus Sashes, Sturdy, and negating Leftovers/Black Sludge recovery.

Last edited:
Last Submission Slot:
In this situation, I would go to the priority list I made last slate and pick the last mon that way, but then I remembered that the last time we had 2 winners and a tie with someone who hadn't won, I let them pick, so Squawkerz gets to pick

Hall of Fame:
Reviloja753 moves to Pokemon Prime rank!

(If he wins the tiebreaker, Origin0 will move to Pokemon BREAK rank and if Squawkerz wins both tiebreakers, he will move to Pokemon Prime rank)

Here's what exactly won (and for my convenience with the archive)

WINNING MOVE: DRAGON MIST BY Origin0
Move Name: Dragon Mist
Appearance In The TCG: Altaria ex, EX Emerald 90
Elemental Type:

Damage Category:

Effect: Can hit Fairy-types and does double damage against Steel-types. Also ignores the target's ability.
Z-Effect: Devastating Drake, 160 BP
Target: Selected Target
Special Properties: Ignores the target's ability and resistances.
Design Rationale: Dragon Mist is a great Dragon-type STAB that allows Altaria to hit Steel-types without having to rely on Fire- or Ground-type coverage.

WINNING ABILITY: tie
TBD

WINNING MOVE: SPIRAL DRAIN BY Reviloja753
Move Name: Spiral Drain
Appearance In The TCG:EX Legend Maker 84
Base Power: 85
Accuracy: 90%
Elemental Type: Rock
Effect: Lowers the user's speed by one stage. This Pokemon recovers 50% of the damage dealt. Hazards are removed on this Pokemon's side of the field.
Z-Effect: 160 power.
Target: All adjacent Pokemon
Design Rationale: Armaldo doesn't have any recovery moves that are any good. I decided to give it something akin to a combination of Drain Punch and Rapid Spin. With that level of role compression in a single move, it can run other moves in its movepool, such as Curse, Swords Dance and Stealth Rock. Overall, Spiral Drain gives it a lot more unpredictability in its sets.

WINNING ABILITY: DUAL ARMOR BY Reviloja753
Ability Name: Dual Armor
Appearance In The TCG: EX Legend Maker 84
Effect: If this Pokemon is holding an item, its secondary type and Normal-type moves become Grass-type.
Design Rationale: Rock/Bug is not a good defensive typing, especially seeing how it's weak to Stealth Rock. This ability seeks to fix its typing to a much better one, both offensively and defensively. It also makes Normal-type moves Grass to give it an actual STAB move. These two things combine to make Armaldo a great hazard remover, especially with the move. As for flavor, I can see Dual Armor Armaldo having moss growing on them and such. Also, it makes it closer to its partner in crime, Cradily.

WINNING MOVE: ASSAULT SWORD BY tie
TBD

WINNING ABILITY: BLADE STORM BY Origin0
Ability Name: Blade Storm
Appearance In The TCG: Gallade Lv. X, Rising Rivals 106
Effect: Every turn Gallade is out, the opposing Pokemon takes indirect damage equal to 1/16th of its max HP before Gallade's turn. Blocked by Magic Guard.
Design Rationale: The card Poke Power normally does damage to all of the opponent's Pokemon, but that doesn't happen in the games, so I just made it damage the active Pokemon. This ability provides chip damage every turn Gallade is out, which is very useful for breaking Focus Sashes, Sturdy, and negating Leftovers/Black Sludge recovery.
Squawkerz didn’t do Assault Sword, so yea lol. Origin and I did that lel. Anyway,

Altaria Tiebreaker: Reviloja753
Gallade Tiebreaker: Origin0

Apparently Origin0 hasn't been seen in awhile, but the show must go on!

Slate #7:
First, we have the evolution of the mascot of a beloved PokeTuber and the evolution of Pikablu, suggested by Reviloja753, it's AZUMARILL:

Next, we have the owner of one of the most terrifying Mega Evolutions while finding a way to make Bug/Flying OU viable, suggested by Squawkerz, PINSIR:

Lastly, we have a Pokemon overdue for a re-slate from V1, suggested by yours truly, it's ALAKAZAM:

Deadline: Friday January 19th

Reactions: nv
Move Name: Bubble Jump
Appearance In The TCG: Neo Destiny 13
Base Power: 70
Accuracy: 100%
Elemental Type: Water
Effect: Switches the user out. This Pokemon heals 33% of its HP.
Z-Effect: 140 power
Target: Single Target
Design Rationale: Two things Azumarill needed were a pivot move and reliable recovery. As such, Bubble Jump was born! It can function well on all three of Azumarill's sets. especially on Band. Band lets it pivot with a lot of power, Belly Drum lets it get out of a bad matchup, and PerishTrap is just nice overall when you're getting out of the way so Perish Song can do its work.

Ability Name: Froth
Appearance In The TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns 1
Effect: All Pokemon on the field (including this one) are trapped, unless they are a Poison-type.
Ability Replaced: Thick Fat
Design Rationale: Huge Power is tough to compete with. As such, I needed to bring the big guns. In OU, only Belly Drum is viable. However, in UU, it has a PerishTrap set. Froth makes that set extremely viable. Run Froth with Perish Song/Bubble Jump (Hydro Pump if Bubble Jump loses)/Protect/filler, and you're going to be in a good spot. If Bubble Jump wins, Azumarill becomes the best PerishTrapper known to man. If not, it becomes a blanket emergency check to things that are destroying your team, giving you a chance to recover with what you have left. It also could be used instead as a way to take down bulky nightmares you can't break through, such as Chansey. As for flavor, it's a rabbit. Rabbits can get Rabies. It doesn't actually have it, but I can see it as a predatorial tactic to trick prey or even predators.

Move Name: Damage Swap
Appearance In The TCG: Base Set 1
Base Power: -
Accuracy: -
Elemental Type: Psychic
Damage Category: Status
Effect: Protects the user from attacks. Any damage this Pokemon would have taken this turn is instead taken by the opponent. +4 Priority.
Z-Effect: All lowered stats are reset.
Target: User
Special Properties: Has a chance to fail if used consecutively or after Protect, Detect, Spiky Shield, King's Shield, or Baneful Bunker.
Design Rationale: Finally! A better version of the Sash counter set! This gives the base freedom to run Life Orb! That alone makes the base 10x better, because it lets Alakazam make much better use of Magic Guard. This lets Alakazam actually be useful without taking the mega slot! :D

Ability Name: Zen Force
Appearance In The TCG: Fates Collide 26 (Mega)
Effect: This Pokemon deals 1.5x the damage on Pokemon at or above 50% of their HP. This Pokemon's Psychic-type moves have 1.2x power.
Ability Replaced: Trace
Design Rationale: Zen Force in the TCG is basically brine but better. As such, I made it into this. I also added a boost to Psychic moves because first of all, look at Mega Alakazam. Secondly, it helps it pick up some KOs after some chip. This gives the mega an actual use as a fast sweeper and wallbreaker. Here's a calc for Fini, showing how much it does.
252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Zen Force Psychic vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 177-208 (77.4 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
oh no it's alakazam time to fucking die again

Move Name: Bubble Drain
Appearance In The TCG: Steam Siege 77 (EN) / Cruel Traitor 37 (JA), Everyone's Exciting Battle 12 (JA)
Power Points: 10 (max 16)
Elemental Type: Fairy
Effect: Heals 50% of the damage dealt
Z-Effect: 180 BP Twinkle Tackle
Target: 1 Adjacent
Special Properties: None
Design Rationale: Helps with Azumarill's iffy longevity while also being a more reliable STAB than Play Rough, albeit weaker.

Appearance In The TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns 1 (EN) / Rocket Gang Strikes Back 25 (JA)
Effect: Paralyzes opponents on switch-in.
Design Rationale: This is literally what it takes to make an ability that might warrant competing with Huge Power. It's better in Doubles, obviously, but still probably not as good as Huge Power. As it is, Sap Sipper has a slightly bigger niche than Thick Fat (An immunity to a former weakness is better than strengthening two resistances), so Thick Fat is the ability that's replaced.

Move Name: Heavy Suplex
Appearance In The TCG: BREAKthrough 3 (EN) / Blue Shock 1 (JA) / Generations 9 (EN) / BREAK Starter Pack (JA) / Premium Champion Pack 3 (JA)
Base Power: Variable (as Low Kick +30)
Elemental Type: Bug
Effect: Variable base power depending on target's weight (in kg). 0-9.9 is 50 BP, 10.0-24.9 is 70 BP, 25.0-49.9 is 90 BP, 50.0-99.9 is 110 BP, 100.0 to 199.9 is 130 BP, and 200.0 or higher is 150 BP.
Z-Effect: 185 BP Savage Spinout
Makes Contact: Yes, very yes
Special Properties: Grabbing move (see below, remove this if Heavy Suplex wins but Irongrip does not)
Design Rationale: A stronger Low Kick, albeit with a less effective type, for Pinsir's Bug STAB flavor. Also, see below

Ability Name: Irongrip
Appearance In The TCG: Jungle 9 (EN) / Pokemon Jungle (JA, unnumbered set)
Effect: Grabbing moves have a 30% chance to paralyze the target and do 1.2x damage
Heavy Suplex (see above, remove this if Irongrip wins but Heavy Suplex does not)
Vital Throw
Storm Throw
Submission
Crush Grip
Darkest Lariat

Ability Replaced: Hyper Cutter
Design Rationale: While not particularly strong compared to Aerilate, Irongrip reflects in gameplay Pinsir's legendary grabbing ability.

Move Name:
Appearance In The TCG:
Base Power:
Power Points:
Accuracy:
Elemental Type:
Damage Category:
Effect:
Z-Effect:
Target:
Makes Contact:
Special Properties:
Design Rationale:

Ability Name:
Appearance In The TCG:
Effect:
Ability Replaced:
Design Rationale:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Move Name: Grip'n'Squeeze
Appearance In The TCG: DP Secret Wonders #59
Power Points: 10 PP (Max 16)
Damage Category: Special
Effect: For the next three turns, the target gets gripped. It can't use any physical moves unless it switches out.
Z-Effect: +1 Special Defense
Target: Opponent
Special Properties: Doesn't affect ghost-type pokemons.
Design Rationale: So. This move is a taunt clone, with an even better effect and half the PP. Since Pinsir's bulk is kind of weak, I figured that this move was one of the best way to make him to stay more on the terrain. It also gives him kind of a defensive presence, which imo is cool. The last thing is that I'm not sure if this move is overpowered or underpowered.

Ability Name: Gripthrow
Appearance In The TCG: Platinum Supreme Victors #75
Effect: Upon switching in, (before taking hazards in count), if the user's health is at 100%, the opponent pokemon switches out.
Ability Replaced: Moxie. I'm aware that this ability is one of it's bests, but it's the one with the less sense according to flavor. Also, because of it's mediocre bulk and typing, Pinsir can't really use this ability to its full potential.
Design Rationale: Transforming moves into ability since slate #5. This ability would litteraly invalidate set up sweepers until this beast mega-evolve, and that's cool. This new ability makes pinsir an intimidating pokemon, exactly what it's meant to be.

Subs were supposed to end a couple day ago, but I'll extend it until tomorrow due to a lack of subs
Also, the tiebreakers will end when voting starts.

Move Name: Water Punch
Appearance In The TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns
Power Points: 24 Max
Effect: Does 1.5x more damage for every Water-type move this Pokemon has (not including Water Punch).
Z-Effect: Hydro Vortex (120 BP)
Target: Adjacent Target
Makes Contact: Yes
Special Properties: Contact, boosted by Iron Fist
Design Rationale: This + Aqua Jet = 105 BP STAB move for free. Banded sets can certainly appreciate that, no? Plus, idk, this could inspire weird things like running Rain Dance to get it to 15.75 BP if you really want to. Just a little boost to its STAB can't hurt.

Ability Name: Deep Dive
Appearance In The TCG: Boundaries Crossed
Effect: When this Pokemon switches out, either the user or its replacement will have its HP healed by 33.33% of the user's HP (Both have a 50% chance of happening). If the user gets the healing, it heals before switching out.
Design Rationale: This acts as a buff to Azu's defensive sets that can actually make them worth something. Having Regenerator or an auto-mini-Wish is really nice an Azumarill has a bunch of nice defensive options over something like Tapu Fini like a Scald that burns stuff, Encore, Knock Off, Seismic Toss, and Refresh

Move Name: Mind Shock
Appearance In The TCG: Team Rocket
Base Power: 75
Power Points: 32 Max
Effect: Ignores resistances and immunities.
Z-Effect: Shattered Psyche (160 BP)
Target: Adjacent Target
Design Rationale: Don't you hate Steel and Dark-types switching into your Psychics and taking 0 damage (literally on the latter)? Well, at the low low cost of 15 BP, you can just say goodbye to that. Mind Shock means that Alakazam can always deal good damage before you attempting to Focus Blast them away or even 2HKO the frailer ones.

L A S T G E N B O I S

Ability Name: Psylink
Appearance In The TCG: Gym Challenge
Effect: As long as Alakazam has not fainted, the Attack and Special Attack of all of Alakazam's Allies that have a damaging Psychic-type move is raised by 1.25x. Also raises Alakazam's Attack and Special Attack by 1.25x if it has a Psychic-type move.
Ability Replaced: Inner Focus
Design Rationale: This ability acts as a nice boost to Alakazam's power, raising its Special Attack to a nice 461 at Level 100 (Neutral nature), which allows it to hit a bit harder. It also allows it to boost the power of its teammates, as long as they have a damaging Psychic move (which prevents it from abusing Calm Mind with other Pokémon) For example, if your Raikou with max Special EVs and Timid nature has Extrasensory, its Special Attack is now 411 (up from 329). It can really be a big help to Pokémon that commonly run Psychic-type coverage moves, like Mega Sharpedo or Greninja.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
image.jpg

Ability: Crust
TCG Appearance: EX Hidden Legends
Effect: Pinsir takes 3/4x damage from super-effective hits, 4/5x damage from neutral hits, and 5/6x damage from resisted hits.
Design Rationale: Crust helps Pinsir set up easier in its base form, and then proceeding to mega-evolve and cause the real havoc.

Alright folks. Time to get this ball rolling! Also, please spread this Pet Mod to other people. We cannot maintain this level of submissions for this to be reliable.

Blaziken - Attack:
1. Reviloja753 (gets 3 points)
2. Yoshiblaze (gets 2 points)
3. Colorcodedchaos (gets 1 point)

Submissions with the most points win!

Voting List-
Both = Move and Ability submitted

Azumarill -
Pinsir -
Alakazam -

* Won in the original HoTC, so automatically is up for voting here, despite not actually being submitted.

Voting ends on Saturday morning, but it might be extended if we get little in the ways of voting.

Azumarill - Attack:
1. Reviloja753
2. Pika Xreme
3. Yoshiblaze

Azumarill - Ability:
1. Pika Xtreme
2. Reviloja753
3. Yoshiblaze

Pinsir - Attack:
1. Pika Xreme
2. Gravity Monkey

Pinsir - Ability:

1. Pika Xreme
2. Gravity Monkey
3. Yung Dramps

Alakazam - Attack:

1. Reviloja753
2. last_gen_bois Squawkerz
3. Yoshiblaze

Alakazam - Ability:
1. Reviloja753
2. Yoshiblaze

Last edited:
Azumarill Attack & Ability:
1. Pika Xreme
2. Reviloja753
3. Yoshiblaze

Pinsir Attack:
1. Gravity Monkey
2. Pika Xreme

Pinsir Ability:
1. Gravity Monkey
2. Pika Xreme
3. Yung Dramps

Alakazam Attack & Ability:
1. Yoshiblaze
2. Reviloja753

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
Sorry for not doing the ballot exemple, I don't have a lot of time right now.

Pinsir Move: Pika Xreme, Gravity Monkey (Since I can't do anything else :/ )
Ability: Pika Xreme, Gravity Monkey, Yung Dramps
Azumarill Move: Reviloja753, Pika Xreme, Yoshiblaze
Ability: Pika Xreme, Reviloja753, Yoshiblaze
Alakazam Move: Reviloja753, Yoshiblaze, Squawkerz
Ability: Yoshiblaze, Reviloja753

Alright, time to close voting!

Winners(Click on the names of the winners for their post):
Points were based on the following scale:
IF:
1. (Worth 3)
2. (Worth 2)
3. (Worth 1)

IF:
1. (Worth 2)
2. (Worth 1)

IF
1. (Worth 1)

AZUMARILL MOVE: BUBBLE JUMP BY Reviloja753
Reviloja753: 3 + 2 + 3 = 8
Pika Xreme: 2 + 3 + 2 = 7
Yoshiblaze: 1 + 1 + 1 = 3

AZUMARILL ABILITY: FROTH BY Pika Xreme
Pika Xreme: 3 + 3 + 3 = 9
Reviloja753: 2 + 2 + 2 = 6
Yoshiblaze: 1 + 1 + 1 = 3

PINSIR MOVE: HEAVY SUPLEX BY Pika Xreme
Pika Xreme: 2 +1+ 2 = 5
Gravity Monkey: 1 + 2 + 1 = 4

PINSIR ABILITY: Irongrip by Pika Xreme
Pika Xreme: 3 + 2 + 3 = 8
Gravity Monkey: 2 + 3 + 2 = 7
Yung Dramps: 1 + 1 + 1 = 3

ALAKAZAM MOVE: DAMAGE SWAP BY Reviloja753
Reviloja753: 3 + 1 + 3 = 7
Squawkers: 2 + 1 = 3
Yoshiblaze: 1 + 2 + 2 = 5

ALAKAZAM ABILITY: PSYLINK BY Yoshiblaze
Reviloja753: 2 + 1 + 1 = 4
Yoshiblaze: 1 + 2 + 2 = 5

Next Slate:
Congrats to Pika Xreme and Reviloja753 (and myself) for winning! You two get topick te next slate with me filling in with what's on top of the priority list!

This is the priority list for what Pokemon I'll choose if a winner fails to submit a Pokemon in time:

1. Linoone (was replaced in Slate 4)
2. Sceptile (did Blaziken)
3. Swampert (did Blaziken)
4. Raikou (did Suicune)
5. Entei (did Suicune)
6. Reuniclus (did Gothitelle)
7. Pelipper (did Torkoal)
8. Gigalith (did Torkoal)
9. Vanilluxe (did Torkoal)
10. Persian/Persian-A (did Raichu)
11. Wigglytuff (did Clefable)
12. Eeveelutions (did Sylveon)
13. Heracross (did Pinsir)
14. Gengar (did Alakazam)
15. Machamp (did Alakazam)
16. Golem/Golem-A (did Alakazam)
17. Conkeldurr (would come after Machamp)

Winners in Detail:

WINNING MOVE: BUBBLE JUMP BY Reviloja753
Move Name: Bubble Jump
Appearance In The TCG: Neo Destiny 13
Effect: Switches the user out. This Pokemon heals 33% of its HP.
Z-Effect: 140 power
Target: Single Target
Design Rationale: Two things Azumarill needed were a pivot move and reliable recovery. As such, Bubble Jump was born! It can function well on all three of Azumarill's sets. especially on Band. Band lets it pivot with a lot of power, Belly Drum lets it get out of a bad matchup, and PerishTrap is just nice overall when you're getting out of the way so Perish Song can do its work.

WINNING ABILITY: FROTH BY Pika Xreme
Appearance In The TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns 1 (EN) / Rocket Gang Strikes Back 25 (JA)
Effect: Paralyzes opponents on switch-in.
Design Rationale: This is literally what it takes to make an ability that might warrant competing with Huge Power. It's better in Doubles, obviously, but still probably not as good as Huge Power. As it is, Sap Sipper has a slightly bigger niche than Thick Fat (An immunity to a former weakness is better than strengthening two resistances), so Thick Fat is the ability that's replaced.

WINNING MOVE: HEAVY SUPLEX BY Pika Xreme
Move Name: Heavy Suplex
Appearance In The TCG: BREAKthrough 3 (EN) / Blue Shock 1 (JA) / Generations 9 (EN) / BREAK Starter Pack (JA) / Premium Champion Pack 3 (JA)
Base Power: Variable (as Low Kick +30)
Effect: Variable base power depending on target's weight (in kg). 0-9.9 is 50 BP, 10.0-24.9 is 70 BP, 25.0-49.9 is 90 BP, 50.0-99.9 is 110 BP, 100.0 to 199.9 is 130 BP, and 200.0 or higher is 150 BP.
Z-Effect: 185 BP Savage Spinout
Makes Contact: Yes, very yes
Special Properties: Grabbing move
Design Rationale: A stronger Low Kick, albeit with a less effective type, for Pinsir's Bug STAB flavor. Also, see below

WINNING ABILITY: IRONGRIP BY Pika Xreme
Ability Name: Irongrip
Appearance In The TCG: Jungle 9 (EN) / Pokemon Jungle (JA, unnumbered set)
Effect: Grabbing moves have a 30% chance to paralyze the target and do 1.2x damage
Heavy Suplex
Vital Throw
Storm Throw
(Circle Throw?)
Submission
Crush Grip
Darkest Lariat

Design Rationale: While not particularly strong compared to Aerilate, Irongrip reflects in gameplay Pinsir's legendary grabbing ability.

WINNING MOVE: DAMAGE SWAP BY Reviloja753
Move Name: Damage Swap
Appearance In The TCG: Base Set 1
Accuracy: -
Damage Category: Status
Effect: Protects the user from attacks. Any damage this Pokemon would have taken this turn is instead taken by the opponent. +4 Priority.
Z-Effect: All lowered stats are reset.
Target: User
Special Properties: Has a chance to fail if used consecutively or after Protect, Detect, Spiky Shield, King's Shield, or Baneful Bunker.
Design Rationale: Finally! A better version of the Sash counter set! This gives the base freedom to run Life Orb! That alone makes the base 10x better, because it lets Alakazam make much better use of Magic Guard. This lets Alakazam actually be useful without taking the mega slot! :D

WINNING ABILITY: PSYLINK (2.0) BY Yoshiblaze
Ability Name: Psylink
Appearance In The TCG: Gym Challenge
Effect: As long as Alakazam has not fainted, the Attack and Special Attack of all of Alakazam's Allies that have a damaging Psychic-type move is raised by 1.25x. Also raises Alakazam's Attack and Special Attack by 1.25x if it has a Psychic-type move.
Ability Replaced: Inner Focus
Design Rationale: This ability acts as a nice boost to Alakazam's power, raising its Special Attack to a nice 461 at Level 100 (Neutral nature), which allows it to hit a bit harder. It also allows it to boost the power of its teammates, as long as they have a damaging Psychic move (which prevents it from abusing Calm Mind with other Pokémon) For example, if your Raikou with max Special EVs and Timid nature has Extrasensory, its Special Attack is now 411 (up from 329). It can really be a big help to Pokémon that commonly run Psychic-type coverage moves, like Mega Sharpedo or Greninja.

HOF:
Pika Xreme moves up to Prime rank

Reviloja753 moves up to BREAK rank

Yoshiblaze moves up Colorless rank

First off, sorry I didn't start this sooner. I don't know how or why I forgot, but wihout further adieu, here's the next slate

Slate #8:
First, we have the extreme mutation of a Carbink and the only Pokemon to receive a Mega Evolution in the Generation the concept was introduced in, suggested by Reviloja753, behold, DIANCIE:

Next, we have the most terrifying aircraft in the Pokemon universe who apparently doesn't like fat children, suggested by Pika Xreme, it's DRIFBLIM:

Lastly, we have a Pokemon who was replaced in a slate and since then, through plenty of buffs, has become one of the best early game rodents, suggested by yours truly, it's LINOONE:

Deadline: ~Wednesday, February 7th​

Move Name: Luminous Swirl
Appearance In The TCG: Diancie-EX (XY Promo 43)
Base Power: 100
Power Points: 10 (max. 16)
Effect: 30% chance to lower opponent's Defense by one stage.
Z-Effect: 180 BP
Target: Adjacant
Special Properties: Affected by King's Rock as a held item. (so like the flinch chance applies)
Design Rationale: Gives Mega Diancie a great special STAB that can be used to soften opponents and dish out more damage with Diamond Storm after they're at -1 Defense. It's better than Moonblast and makes M-Diancie a better choice for the Dragons in Ubers and even a few Pokemon in OU like Zapdos who gets hit hard at -1 Defense.

Ability Name: Sparkle Veil
Appearance In The TCG: Diancie-EX (Fates Collide 72)
Effect: Halves Steel-, Poison- and Dragon-type attacks done to this Pokemon.
Ability Replaced: Clear Body (Does not apply to Mega Diancie.)
Design Rationale: I always thought that Diancie was undershadowed compared to the superior Mega counterpart, so I'm hoping this'll remedy that a tad. This makes Diancie a lot more defensive, letting it be an even better Rocks setter in conjunction with its STAB moves. It also applies to allies in Doubles, making it a great support move choice.

Move Name: Shadow Steal
Appearance In The TCG: Drifblim (Dragons Exalted 51)
Base Power: 20
Elemental Type: Ghost
Effect: The user attacks using the target's stat increases. The more the foe's stats are raised, the greater the damage.
Z-Effect: 160 BP
Special Properties: Affected by King's Rock as a held item. (so like the flinch chance applies)
Design Rationale: I believe that Shadow Steal (which, yeah, is a clone of Stored Power that instead uses the opponent's boosts rather than your own) opens up a new niche for Drifblim - if Drifblim decides to run itemless or even Sitrus, Drifblim works as an anti setup mon that can take down a mon that has accumulated enough boosts in the form of something like Belly Drum or Quiver Dance or Iron Defense. With Unburden, you can outspeed them and immediately use Shadow Steal to hopefully take down the foe. Flavorwise, Drifblim (or at least the pre-evolution) IS known to take kids away (i.e. stealing them) so...

Ability Name: Burst Curse
Appearance In The TCG: Drifblim (Steam Siege 47)
Effect: If the user is attacked by a contact move, 30% chance of disabling their ability until they switch out.
Ability Replaced: Flare Boost
Design Rationale: Sub + CM sets become way better (you can sub and then disable their ability which is crucial for certain Pokemon that rely on their ability such as Quagsire and Clefable). Also helps against Huge Power users who tend to have terrible attack without the ability, Wonder Guard for Shedinja, and even for niche doubles strategies using Slaking and Regigigas (though like actually i would not use this for that strategy)

Move Name: Claw Swipe
Appearance In The TCG: Linoone (EX Emerald 34)
Base Power: 60
Elemental Type: Normal
Effect: The user tries to swipe the foe's held item out of their hand - power doubles if they are holding an item. Does not affect Z-Crystals or Mega Stones. Almost always goes first.
Z-Effect: 160
Special Properties: Affected by King's Rock as a held item. +1 Priority.
Design Rationale: Linoone is known for its extremely fast movements - this is especially true for this move, which involves Linoone swiping the opponents held item. With this, Linoone is able to run a powerful move able to cripple foes that switch into it predicting a Belly Drum (ex. Quagsire) and getting rid of their item (which in Quagsire's case is Leftovers), crippling them and reducing their effectiveness for the rest of the match.

Ability Name: Pull Out
Appearance In The TCG: Zigzagoon (Great Encounters 96)
Effect: If the user falls below 50%, the opponent switches out to another teammate. Fails if they are the only Pokemon on the team, or the last Pokemon on the team. Activates once.
Ability Replaced: Pickup
Design Rationale: If Linoone miraculously survives a hit (ideally against a frail priority user), they can't switch back in and Linoone gets another hit off. This one was a little hard to decide since it's very hard to beat Gluttony :p.

Last edited:
Move Name: Diamond Force
Appearance In The TCG: XY Promo 44 (Mega)
Accuracy: 95%
Effect: 50% chance to raise this Pokemon's Attack by one stage for each hit. Super-effective on Steel-types.
Z-Effect: 180 Power
Target: All adjacent foes
Design Rationale: Hooray! A physical STAB move! Since it's super-effective on Steel-types, it opens the door to a physical set for Mega Diancie, making it versatile and unpredictable. A physical set on the mega could run Diamond Storm/Diamond Force/Stealth Rock/filler. In terms of flavor, I decided to basically make it Diamond Storm's sister from another mister (or miss, in this case).

Ability Name: Sparkle Veil
Appearance In The TCG: Fates Collide 72
Effect: This Pokemon ignores its weaknesses and is immune to priority moves.
Ability Replaced: Clear Body
Design Rationale: Diancie in the base form is usually horrible. Bad defensive typing with a lot of weaknesses, including a quad weakness to steel, makes it impossible to use defensively. It also lacks the speed or typing to set up easily and sweep. Sparkle Veil fixes all of that. On the defensive side, no weaknesses means it can actually take advantage of its decent support pool. Screens, Heal Bell, Rocks and even Trick Room are all viable options on the base with Sparkle Veil. You could even make a defensive core of sorts with mega Tyranitar with Sparkle Veil if you really wanted to. If Diancie gets a physical STAB Fairy move (fingers crossed), it could run Gyro Ball or Rock Polish sets.

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist

Move Name: Overrun
Appearance In The TCG: Great Encounters #43
Power Points: 5 (Max 8)
Accuracy: 95
Elemental Type: Normal
Category: Physical
Effect: +1 prority. The user's defense, special defense and speed is decreased by one stage.
Z-Effect: 175 BP, normal type.
Target: Opponent
Special Properties: -
Design Rationale: Overrun sounds like if Linoone was running faster than it could, that's why it is exhausted at the end and loses in speed, defense and special defense. But who cares when you have a priority stronger than extremespeed?
Ability Name: Sniff Out
Appearance In The TCG: Sandstorm #44
Effect: When the user loses an item by any way (consumed, knocked off, flinged and etc...), it will regain this item at the end of the turn.
Ability Replaced: Pick Up, because it's just an upgraded version of it.
Design Rationale: Basically Harvest, but better. With that ability, you can spam overrun with white herb and not losing anything. Or you can use it with sitrus berry, or you can try other random things. This will help Linoone to achieve its goals without relying to much on items.

Move Name: Explosive Smoke
Appearance In The TCG: Diamond and Pearl #24
Elemental Type: Flying
Category: Status
Effect: Places a layer of explosive smoke on you're opponent field. You can place up to three layers. When your opponent switch in, they get damage the way spikes does and for each layer placed, there is an additional 10% that the opponent get burnt (30% at most). Fire types are immune to it. Can be removed by defog or rapid spin.
Z-Effect: Increase the user's speed by one stage.
Target: Opponent's field
Design Rationale: This move is great. At three layers, it's almost like if you had a free scald every time your opponent switches in, and that's a really good thing. I gave a such strong move to drifblim because, well, it's a bad pokemon to start with. I think this move would add to his viability a lot more. Also, since Drifblim is ghost type, it's immune to rapid spin, which makes an interesting combo.
Ability Name: Pump Up
Appearance In The TCG: Supreme Victors #3
Effect: For each alive pokemon in your team, this pokemon gets 1/16th of its health healed by the end of each turn (up to 6/16th).
Ability Replaced: Aftermath. Even though this ability makes sense flavorwise, it's the one that does the less and it's just not really that useful competitively.
Design Rationale: We're gonna make Drifblim great again! *kof kof* So. With this ability, Drfblim becomes incredibly hard to hit and an insanely good lead with Sub and Exploding Smoke. Since this ability upgrades your HP depending on the number of pokemon left in TCG, I thought this inverted beat up ability could be a really cool adition to get Drif a niche.

Move Name: Sparkling Wish
Appearance In The TCG: Burning Shadows #94
Power Points: 8 (max 5)
Category: Status
Effect: The user sacrifice 25% of it's health. At the end of the next turn, the pokemon on the field will have its attack, defense, special attack and special defense raised by one stage.
Z-Effect: Completly heals the user before using the move.
Target: Self
Design Rationale: A boosting move, yaaaay. But you can pass it to any pokemon of your team, and that's cool. With this (incredible) move, some underrated pokemon could truely shine thanks to a general boost. Or you can just use it with Diancie and be more strong. About the rationale, evolving is the equivalent of boosting yourself in TCG, so that's why I made a set up move.
Ability Name: Sparkling Veil
Appearance In The TCG: Fates Collide #72
Effect: Not super-effective moves does only half the damage on this pokemon.
Ability Replaced: Clear Body (only for normal Diancie). It's just... not really linked to Diancie.
Design Rationale: So, the problem with normal Diancie is that even though it has good defense, it is frail. This way, Diancie can achieve its defensive goal more easiliy, or just have a little more bulk before mega-evolving. (tbh, I prefer the other Sparkling Veil that have already been done, but whatever.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)